Yo guys, our ISP won't give us the password to our management router for "security reasons"...

Yo guys, our ISP won't give us the password to our management router for "security reasons", and I need to set up some stuff in the router.

I'd rather not have to wait & pay for one of the ISP's techs to do the set-up, is there anything I can do?

Perhaps do a factory reset, get them to do a callout and video the tech's keyboard when he types in the password?

Attached: 1522536479950.jpg (760x570, 53K)

Install gentoo

install your own router faggot.
stop letting your ISP cuck you

but I'd still need to set up the management router to "send" the connection to my own router

>google your router model
>get the password
>profit???

the ISP's techs set up the login password
asked them what it was and they said they aren't allowed to tell

the default passwords don't work

How does your router access the internet? Most times the ISP gives you an username and password to connect to the internet via PPPoE.

this is for 5Ghz wireless internet, the router connects to an antenna via ethernet

you can just skip ahead to step 21) apply pill giver to cat

Attached: aid15974-v4-728px-Give-a-Cat-a-Pill-Step-21-Version-2.jpg (728x546, 64K)

Turn your router upside down
Read
Profit

so you're asking for a WEP key or something
not a router password

Use one of these

Attached: magic.jpg (299x260, 19K)

What kind of fucking niggatry is this?

I'm assuming this is a business. Tell your ISP if they don't give your the password you're going to switch providers. If they say they're the only provider in your area, tell them you're going to switch to a VSAT. If they still don't buck, get a lawyer involved. That shit is far beyond acceptable. If you have to, buy your own fucking management router and tell them to get fucked.

If this is a private LAN, just buy your own you pussy

No. Buy your own modem and your own router then you can do whatever you want. That's how it works with comcast in burgerland. Might be different with other (((ISPs))) though.

Ok, but didn't you get any login credentials? I too get wireless internet. My router connects to an antenna via Ethernet. I configured my router to connect to my ISP with my username and password over PPPoE.

Google your ISP and the router model. In my case it was a standard-issue password, fairly complex for some reason but the same for thousands of devices in my country. Huge security risk, imo but it's not hackers they want to keep out, just the user. The user is the root of all evil, is their philosophy.

fuckall on the router or box

no dude, login password for the router's interface

Yup, it's a business. Good tips.

Hmm, might have to come to that.

They told me nothing, ree

I've tried all the defaults for my model, to no avail

Just factory reset it dude.

Try this: VebBfB1963

this is a good strategy
if you try every password eventually you'll get it by sheer luck alone

>our ISP won't give us the password to our management router for "security reasons"
Is router your property? No - call fucking ISP, they do usually stuff for free.
If they don't - buy a compatible router and ask a technician (not a cunt on a phone) about password and crap, they usually don't hide it. Maybe they will say it to you for tips.

0. Rent or your own equipment?
1. Country
2. Type of internet connection.
3. Make and Model
4. ISP

Usually they give you 'user' account to change WiFi password, even enable DynDNS and port forwarding, and they have 'admin' that is accessible only from certain IP and may be even certain MAC address.
And there is a good reason for hiding all settings, since on ADSL shit all parameters needs to be set correctly for stable connection.

get your own MODEM, not routers like other idiots are suggesting.

Look up what the defaults are online.
My ISP didn't want to give me mine because I'm in an apartment complex and I don't pay for my internet but it was just
>admin
>password
for me.

If they won't give it to you, tell them to put it into bridge mode and buy your own router.

Its 2018 they are all comboed together. Its not like 10 years ago where you had to buy them seperatly

You should do this anyway.
Rentals are a complete rip if you have the equipment longer than a year. I've been using the same modem for 2 years (after upgrading from one I'd been using for around 6 years prior)

But then I won't have the antenna settings or remote access, and they'll need to do a callout

No fucking way it worked!
jk

We own it since we paid for it up front. I'll try and wangle the password from them again

MikroTik router
Hmm good idea, maybe if they don't budge on the admin password they can give me a babby login

yeeeessss... ok......

already tried the defaults
worth trying a quick brute force with a short list of common passwords i guess

hmm yes, i considered doing this as a last resort. i'd prefer to just have the one router if possible, much neater

I was about to offer you my rainbow table for routers but then I realized it was 60 gigabytes. If you want to really spin it to win it, utilize one of those.

>Hmm good idea, maybe if they don't budge on the admin password they can give me a babby login
Check your ISP site. They should have instruction for it.
By the way, what ISP? Some major like AT&T, Movistar, Vodafone, MГTC, or your local neighborhood?
And country is still important, because, for ex. Movistar Peru has different password to Movistar Chile on the same model router.

search "open ports XXX" (xxx being your provider and router model) on google and youtube, without quotes