The absolute state of Pajeet-powered Windows

Those are assertions in recent versions of the NT kernel.

You know it's written by Pajeets due to the complete lack of awareness about what they're doing, and the broken English.

Attached: pajeet-asserts.jpg (1610x559, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/aionescu/status/989001645995495425
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thread here: twitter.com/aionescu/status/989001645995495425

who the hell wrote this stuff?

I don't come to Jow Forums to read inane racist ranting and conspiracy theories about windows telemetry

So fuck off and remove your own thread Jow Forumstard

eat shit. some people like to take a break from intel/amd threads

You know it's written by pajeets because they're doing Print debugging in kernel code.

Fuck off
Superpower by 2030

No point in taking this to Jow Forums, they won't understand why this is problematic - just like you. Where is the "conspiracy" you imagine? It's all in your head. Op's post is clearly about the quality of win32k.sys - which is a very real file. It provides kernel-mode access to the Graphics Device Interface in Windows. It's been a part of every Windows version since forever - but this kind of genius "debugging" in end-user products is .. new.

obligatory DESIGNATED. No superpower should ever be allowed to be established that writes their code like this.

you probably don't come to Jow Forums that often at all
you should consider not coming here alltogether

You're a troll or an idiot. MS actually rights really good code the problem is they have to account for ages of legacy shit and tons of shit decisions commanded from on high.

I’ve realized this board really is full of pajeets. One of the mods is a pajeet too. Kek

>tfw Microsoft will not go full Apple and throw years of cruft away to start "right" this time
>tfw Apple will never port macOS API to L4 instead of using L4 to run a mach/BSD abomination
I want to left this gay earth

oh shit bros, this is serious business

Attached: screen.png (589x154, 24K)

>MS actually rights really good
You right really good English Pajeet.
There is nothing wrong with writing assertions.
But the way there are written shows Pajeet-tier programming.

Generally you would state a fact, like "UI method called on non-UI thread"

"We about to do something [...] how come there is something there" written in kernel code shows that they have no clue what they are doing.

Curry niggers are taking over tech, especially in americuck.
Make me glad I'm a Linux kiddie.

How much of a rage-filled rant would Linus spew out if someone submitted something like that as a patch to the kernel?

Attached: kernelconfig.png (736x568, 13K)

It's literally nothing. Remember that window that comes up "xyz has crashed, send information to microsoft to help us fix it?"? It's that. I don't think this guy has any idea what he's talking about, sure you should try and remove all bugs from your software before you release it, but this is an OS we're talking about.

>don't think this guy has any idea what he's talking about
The guy is one of the top reverse engineer/infosec researcher working on the Windows kernel.

Pajeets not understanding all the code paths of the kernel code they write has very serious implications in terms of security.

He's also pointing out that by leaving those statements in release code, they provide an indication to attackers where to look for bugs than can potentially be exploitable.

>leaving those statements in release code

not the guy you're replying to, but why don't they set compile flags to remove debug data for release builds?

i don't see why they would leave that information in the release build.

Probably because Pajeet could not debug the issue in the office, so he relies on the guinea pigs running Windows.

It's hilarious knowing that, behind the scenes, the useless error message you see sends back a message to Pajeet saying "why is this happening this should not happening".

Attached: oopsie.png (800x450, 34K)

Yes, it's very telling that so much of that JPG is snipped. It's almost like they're trying to hide the #ifdefs.

that's fucking funny
i'd imagine microsoft, being a massive tech company in the business of software, has code reviews down to a science. but apparently not

>decompiled pseudocode
>#ifdefs
wat

Attached: bailing-out.png (800x564, 268K)

>decompiled pseudocode
Prove it. And Alex (he is actually a great guy - he helped me debug something a couple of years back) is in some hot water even if it is.

>you may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble

fuck back off to Reddit

You can clearly see it's decompiled code because it's full of literals.
Reverse engineering is legal in many countries for certain purposes (e.g. to achieve compatibility), and Alex is a ReactOS dev.

well his tweet refers to "win32k.sys", which is by no means a source file.

also the DMCA allows reverse engineering for select scenarios, and this guy being in the infosec industry for so long definitely knows the laws well enough to make this post.

also, somehow obtaining and publicly posting official microsoft source code would land him in MUCH more trouble than some decompiled pseudocode

>and Alex is a ReactOS dev.
Yep, hot water. Do they LIKE to invite their little audits that set them back five years every time?

based

he's just making a casual observation.

i'm no ip lawyer, but this almost certainly doesn't violate whatever clean-room policies reactos requires

>racism
>windows telemetry is a conspiracy theory
>Jow Forumstard
>still fell for it

Like flies migrating from Reddit to a piece of shitpost.

Attached: 1521918157579.gif (209x213, 1.73M)

Gorilla warfare pasta levels.

Microsoft literally fired their entire QA department years ago. Salty Nutella is driving the company straight into the ground.

> >you may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble
Tfw disassembling is a law-protected right in Russia

Attached: glavgeroy-3.jpg (975x475, 61K)

He co-authored a reference book published by Microsoft, regularly reports security issues to them. They know him and what he does.

Attached: wint.png (601x728, 223K)

then get the fuck out
>reality is racist
>windows telemetry is a conspiracy theory
get cancer, plebbitard

>the problem is they have to account for ages of legacy shit
LOL when was the last time 'run this program as' legacy mode work for you? let me guess, NEVER

Is this from a release branch of windows or from insider preview?