The Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro - are these Chinese laptops a spyware-filled scam...

The Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro - are these Chinese laptops a spyware-filled scam, or are they okay if I do a fresh Windows install?

All the reviews I've seen say it's an excellent laptop, but I want the no-bullshit Jow Forums opinion on this. It looks like good value compared with more expensive laptops.

Attached: 2017092101758471outxn4i.jpg (500x500, 22K)

>asks about spyware
>wants to install spyware 10

not sure if delerious

I'm just a semi-luddite scum, enlighten me please.

And how the fuck are they gonna spy on you if you are gonna do fresh install? Send radiowaves from the CPU?

just fresh reinstall win10 on it
also try to disable useless stuff(or debloat but idk how)

That's what I thought, I just keep seeing "b-but muh spyware machine" comments everywhere and wanting to sift through the lies.

Thanks. :)

Install Gentoo

writing from a mi nb pro i5
you NEED to reinstall windows because is a single language installation.
before reinstalling activate chinese windows with a ms account to retain the license (i don't know why it works but it works)

He was trying to tell you that Microsoft is already using Windows to spy on you. Luckily there is GNU/Linux.

GNU/Linux works great on that laptop, everything worked ootb. Plus, I still haven't tried, OpenBSD should work well (Nvidia aside)

Libreboot it, then install any GNU/Linux distribution of your choice (Gentoo by default)

If it doesn't support libreboot, don't buy it anymore and stop shilling for it

>trusting Jow Forums

I've had the Air 13 for a year and it works well, I wish the battery life was better though

Attached: IMG_20180501_183922.jpg (4608x3456, 1.76M)

>want to get away from chinese botnet by replacing it with usa botnet
wtf

ever heard of firmware, retard?
Same way Intel are saying on you with ME. They can have any fucking hardware backdoor they want. It's literally their PC.

If they use Intel processors then you have two botnets in one

everything is a botnet according to Jow Forums
whether or not that matters to you is up for debate
if you never connect to the internet then the spyware won't phone home
If you're really paranoid you can open up the laptop to rip out the mic and webcam.
what are gooks gonna do with your data, see your fav animus and out you as a weeb?

>what are gooks gonna do with your data
not this shit again

the botnet can't be removed.

he called you a retard

what a rebuttal

>Intel chip with hardware backdoors.
>Windows 10 with telemetry up the ass.
>All your data goes through Google's servers even if you don't ever type Google on any browser.
>Facebook collecting data from non-users for "security" reasons.
>"I-Im worried that the Chinese government with no jurisdiction over me is secretly spying on me guys."

whenimetyouinthesummer.mp3