Gimp is shit

>right justify text
>italicize it
>gimp clips it lel

Took them 6 years to whip out this version and it still has ages old bugs. I remember this bug since at least 2012.

Remind me again why we should keep letting the GIMP developers live.

Attached: Screenshot_20180501_152341.png (1125x1041, 167K)

Plebkac

Lol

it's 2018 and photoshop is still proprietary botnet cancer

@65759971(OP)(You don't deserve a (You))
>be retarded
>be ignorant of your retardation
>blame everything else on your retardation
peak Jow Forums

Attached: 6A24F50B23EB4B62BABE2F386D81015F.jpg (1024x1024, 133K)

>le proprietary is bad meem XD

Attached: (((Stallman))).jpg (1440x1080, 108K)

>yes, laowai! give us all your code! proprietary software is unethical, owning things is mean!
>heh heh, stupid laowai...

Attached: GPL_shill.jpg (501x585, 119K)

But it puts food on the table. GIMP doesn't.

I can't wait for gimp to be finally deprecated and replaced with Krita.
the GTKancer needs to stop.

>muh proprietary is evil
t. unemployed

>Photoshop 7.0
>botnet

Don't worry. In the next major release of GIMP, GTK 3.0 will be used not the old 2.0

Oh look it's another
>someone else found this "bug" a while ago so I'm going to use it to post a whiney cherry-picking-passive-aggressive post all about some community built software (that I don't contribute to thangyew!)

Enjoy paying your ongoing subscription m8.

Attached: karen-pang-1095797.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

Who's that penis squeezer?

>gimp clips it lel
what did he mean with this

Attached: wut.webm (1024x768, 344K)

has anyone forked krita and removed the KDE shit yet? I get that KDE likes to integrate everything and split it into various libraries, but why would a paint program need phonon or kwallet?
Look at the shit krita is pulling in on my system:
media-libs/libraw
dev-qt/qtscript
kde-frameworks/karchive
kde-frameworks/kguiaddons
kde-frameworks/kitemmodels
kde-frameworks/kdoctools
kde-frameworks/ki18n
dev-libs/libdbusmenu-qt-0.9.3_pre20160218
sys-auth/polkit-qt-0.112.0_p20160416
kde-frameworks/kcoreaddons
kde-frameworks/kconfig
kde-frameworks/kwidgetsaddons
kde-frameworks/kwindowsystem
kde-frameworks/kdbusaddons
kde-frameworks/kitemviews
kde-frameworks/kcodecs
kde-frameworks/solid
kde-frameworks/sonnet
kde-frameworks/kcrash
kde-frameworks/kcompletion
kde-frameworks/kjobwidgets
kde-frameworks/kservice
kde-frameworks/kglobalaccel
media-libs/phonon
media-libs/phonon-vlc
kde-frameworks/knotifications
kde-frameworks/kauth
kde-frameworks/kconfigwidgets
kde-frameworks/kiconthemes
kde-plasma/polkit-kde-agent
kde-frameworks/ktextwidgets
kde-frameworks/kxmlgui
kde-frameworks/kbookmarks
kde-frameworks/kwallet
kde-frameworks/kio
kde-frameworks/kinit
kde-frameworks/kded
media-gfx/krita
media-plugins/gst-plugins-soup
media-libs/phonon-gstreamer

Can somebody explain to me, what's the problem with OP?

Right aligned italic text gets clipped

Oh, I thought the right part was just out of canvas. Thanks.

>>right justify text

The Krita team is a bunch of panhandling beggars though. Windows Store paid app being the very first listing aside, the donation shit is usually the biggest element on the site. The very first link when you open the application is "Support Krita". Besides an easier toolbox, Krita offers nothing over Gimp. Their own articles tout "Free and open source" as their selling point, but they say that as if other things like Gimp don't exist/aren't that.

Who actually pays for the subscription? Lmao

The clue is in the filename...

Attached: karen-pang-1095796.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

Oh yeah, sorry
>enjoy your pirated copy with add bonus backdoor/trojan/keylogger.

works for me

Attached: OpIsA.webm (1024x768, 453K)

microsoft windows doesn't have this problem

in fact:
>it's 2018 and photoshop is still checking if you're not falsifying banknotes.

Is interesting that according to you a chair that only the company who made it can fix and that if someone else except the people they authorize sits on it they can sue you would be a good thing.

Attached: 1524281715789.jpg (217x312, 15K)

wtf I love play school now

>a chair that only the company who made it can fix and that if someone else except the people they authorize sits on it they can sue you

Attached: 1517493974819.png (2408x1488, 1.33M)

The frameworks and phonon are just libs, they shouldn't be used unless you start krita or another program that depends on it.

Do you honestly think software appears magically?
> Their own articles tout "Free and open source" as their selling point
It's a selling point if you want, other programs being open source don't make it stop being a selling point.

>microsoft windows doesn't have this problem
It does tho and it's much bigger, instead of a database of everything installed with the package manager and a fine grained control of the dependencies you have the same libraries duplicated a lot of times.

GTK is cancer, 3.0 is even more so.

>krita installer for windows is 92MiB
microsoft windows does have this problem

>Do you honestly think software appears magically?
No, I don't. But you can't offer FOSS software and then cry about having no money. You don't make a living that way, and you shouldn't expect to. When compared to Gimp in that regard, they're annoying as fuck. It's like that faggot who says "You know, I could have charged you for that... Maybe you should give me something for my effort?"

Well, at least you accept what is in this post is an strawman right? For your image to make sense it implies you can't make money with open source software, red hat and even microsoft itself proves this wrong. Although yeah, stallman's stance on everything that is not free software it's immoral is nuts, every developer has the right to choose the licence and the terms they want the same every person has the right to accept their terms or not.

>The frameworks and phonon are just libs, they shouldn't be used unless you start krita
the real question is why an art program needs all of this. Why does an art program need to play sounds? Why does an art program need to store passwords? This all seems like excessive feature creep.

Red Hat doesn't make money off open source software, they make money off support and training.

Use chocolatey, you fag.

The real enemy is dynamic linking, user.

> "You know, I could have charged you for that... Maybe you should give me something for my effort?"
Would you mind sharing a link where's the exact wording that bothers you? I haven't seen them being annoying about the donations, the ones i remember did this was the elementary os guys but i haven't seen the developers of krita being passive-agressive or manipulative about the money or donations.

>Red Hat doesn't make money off open source software, they make money off support and training.
Exactly, and what they support and train for is open source software and they keep investing on it. Do you think that selling the software itself is the only viable bussiness model? or that any other model doesn't cound as making money with open source?

>Do you think that selling the software itself is the only viable bussiness model?
No.
>or that any other model doesn't cound as making money with open source?
Yes.

If you want other kind of painting program check mypaint for example, krita doesn't necessarily needs to suit everyone needs. What i can say tho is that is a lot smaller than other similar programs in comparison so it's not heavy in my book.

Works on my machine.

Attached: GIMP.jpg (836x424, 71K)

Team Brooke Reporting in.

Attached: brooke-satchwell-894157.jpg (640x360, 42K)

>Yes
Ok, so if your argument is "that doesn't count" i can't argue much unless you share your reasoning about why you think it doesnt count, so i'll just let the reader to decide.

So OP is a big fat liar, nothing to see here.

FIX IT U RETARD. I DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE FUCKING BUG. USE BUG TRACKER U BUMB FUCK.

Fix it or pirate Photoshop 7.0 and shut up.

>t. patreon whore who slaps 13 filters over his """drawing""" and call it a day for 30000 dollars a month
kill youreself sakimi-chan

>t. sperg freetard NEET

Just put a friggin space at the end of the line.

>Remind me again why we should keep letting the GIMP developers live.

$0.00

>mypaint
that really isn't an alternative to GIMP.

>put the text to the right-most
>slant it to the right
>oh no why did it overflowed
Italicize it first before justifying it to the right. The program is not always the one adjusting to your bad habits.

t. samefag

>that really isn't an alternative to GIMP.
He said "an art program", GIMP is an image manipulation program. They was talking about krita, not GIMP and they guy was whining about krita has the "huge" size of around 100mb, if he want something smaller even if has a lot less features then mypain is a good option.

are you honestly trying to say PS 7.0 is better than Gimp 2.10

Use Affinity Photo instead. No subscription. Reasonable price. Good features.

Isn't shit like gimp.

I don't know, gimp has worked nicely for me and is blazing fast at least on linux, not saying it's better than PS or affinity but why you say is shit exactly? why assuming your use case is everyone's use case?

holy shit

Attached: inb4spic.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

>recommending proprietary software
why are you on Jow Forums?

Of course.

But yeah, I was exaggerating. I'm sure gimp is fine for what it is. I used it years ago and found it quite lacking at the time. Whatever floats your boat. I'd it works well for you, all the more power (and cash in your pocket) to you. Cheers.

Oops

soooooo
click the text box borders or move it from the right yourself?

kio build with kwallet useflag pulls in kwallet, not krita itself.

>has sound support enabled for animations
>why does an art program need to play sounds
hmm, why would that be

kde is a dependency hell
shit like kwallet, phonon, gstreamer plugins, aspell are required by kdialog not qt itself

>Besides an easier toolbox, Krita offers nothing over Gimp.
Imagine being this retarded

right justify it you fuk

dont get it

Stop putting words in others' mouths, in no way did he mean what you think he meant. Furthermore private property does not in any way relate to your stupid chair analogy. It is private not to the company but to the owner of the chair. Making analogies like that to prove your point is just dumb. There are difference concepts of ownership that applies for different things. Analogies like that are like saying because when 2 basketballs hit they bounce off, therefore when two stars hit they will just bounce off. Shit doesn't work like that. Fuck off out of here.

It clips depending on the font but it gets fixed if you change the text box type from fixed to dynamic.

>>enjoy your pirated copy with add bonus backdoor/trojan/keylogger.
You sound butthurt lmao

are you really this stupid????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

t. unemployed commie
The only bad thing about about Photoshop are the shit standard keybinds.
If you don't want bothet I suggest you throw away all tech and go innawoods, that's the only way to be sure.

>rotate text
>text becomes rasterized and can't be edited anymore

the power of free software everyone

>torrent photoshop CC
FREETARDS BTFO

you're a total fucking brainlet if you can't see the problem non-free software. These huge trans-national corporations control like 98% of the world's computer software and for some reason you retards don't see the problem.

Attached: 1422686557648.jpg (594x405, 38K)

reminder that microsoft have a plan to only allow you to install software through an app center or some shit.

>using any windows version past 7 (without botnet updates) and POSREADY
what the fuck are you doing

Do I? I would akshully say I sound as tho I have a modicum of common sense.
But then I'm not an immature whiney manchild who expects the world handed to me on a plate.

You however sound like an incredibly stupid cunt who should neck themselves at their earliest convenience.

Attached: 4760543000000578-5185727-image-a-60_1513415727857.jpg (962x641, 226K)

>muh global conspiracies
I remember being 15 too

what bug?

>it's gimps fault
I bet you can't even do a circle.

I think the picture speaks for itself

Attached: OPisFAGGOT.png (1920x1200, 922K)

lol the fucking T is cut off in your example.

it doesn't look cut off. also you missed the point somehow, and that's impressive

What's wrong?

????

Yes, the T is cut off

Still better than Photosh*p

this is a "you're wrong about the wage gap" scenario. You didn't state a point of view at all, and yet people manage to fight about it anyway.

How?

Just tried it on 2.8.22 and it seems like it's just the Impact Condensed font.