I don't trust any of these companies with web browsing anymore :(

I don't trust any of these companies with web browsing anymore :(
when is a smart neet with alot of resources gonna give us what weve always wanted?

Attached: Google-ChromeMozilla-FirefoxInternet-Explorer.jpg (1920x1080, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qMALm1VthGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IceCat, Brave, Lynx, etc.
Firefox isn't that bad with the proper config and plugins

>neet
>alot of resources
pick one

I say that if you want a mozilla like experience, then get waterfox or sea monkey, both are really good and very similar to firefox, and I believe that they are compatable with most if not all firefox stuff, then again, I primarily use waterfox since it isn't too foreign from firefox and looks nearly identical to it, and sea monkey might be different in terms of compatibility to mozilla plugins.

proper neets are neets because their daddies are rich

Mozilla cares about your privacy. None of the other major browser makers do.

Ridiculously minor nitpicks aside, the choice is simple.

>mozilla cares about your privacy
kek

Attached: 1525215740531.png (816x308, 30K)

>the state of literacy on Jow Forums
I'd kek too, but it's just sad.

Mozilla isn't quite as trust worthy as they used to be. Watch this:
youtu.be/qMALm1VthGY

I'd use Waterfox if it looked a bit like newer Firefox. I personally love the new look.

Install Brave

can i get some clarification on this? I always see someone mention brave, so, I have it installed. Whenever I use it, I always stop and revert back to using firefox with uBlock origin installed.

Is the idea that Brave is just a Firefox with a uBlock origin installed, or why do people keep suggesting it?

It's for normies, not Jow Forums autists.

It doesn't have μBlock Origin installed afaik

Pocket data isn't sent anywhere directly.

let's look at your options
>netsurf
>dillo
>w3m
>elinks
>lynx
if you want a different rendering engine, these are your only options
the only one that does a decent job with CSS is netsurf
netsurf and elinks attempt to implement javascript, but it's not good enough for any modern webpage
overall, these are all reasonably usable, but most normie sites won't work.
>surf
>midori
>luakit
>qutebrower
>otter
>dooble
These all use webkit. They're pretty usable, but I've run into occasional crashes and broken pages.
support for adblockers, script whitelisters and other privacy tools is pretty poor.
>falkon/qupzilla
this uses qtwebengine, which is just a chromium fork.
the built-in adblocker is mediocre and there are no good privacy tools for it.
>icecat
>waterfox
these are just riced up firefox
>palemoon
a fork of ancient firefox.
it works reasonably well, but compatibility with modern addons is dying.

overall, if you want something without the bloat of modern web browsers, your best option is probably netsurf.
if you just don't trust the devs of any of these browsers, then you're probably best off just ricing firefox.

Just install chromium

>give us what weve always wanted

Oh, this should be fun...
Please list what you've always wanted.

Isnt there a non google version of chrome. chromium or something.

>neet
>smart
Eh

>not using lunascape

>Please list what you've always wanted
not him, but modern browsers leave a lot to be desired.
Firefox is currently using 692M of memory with only 5 tabs open.
The developers don't seem to care about user privacy. If they did, things like ublock and umatrix would be built-in.

If something like falkon would implement a webext API, then that could actually be pretty decent. They seem like they at least care about privacy.
In my ideal world, netsurf would take off and also add webext, so that everything is fast and light on resources.

Why do you care about fucking ram in 2018? 700mb is less than 10% of 8gb, which even low end PCs have now. Why would you want to save 2% of ram and have a slower browser as a result?

>Why do you care about fucking ram in 2018?
it's about scalability. If I want 10x as many browser tabs or if I want to run VMs in the background and a browser, this is going to be a problem.
consider running on low end hardware. do you want to be in the situation where you just can barely use the internet with 8GiB of RAM?
>save 2% of ram and have a slower browser as a result
they're not necessarily trading memory for speed or security. It seems like it's just bad design. Unless web technologies are that bad, you should be able to do it with a lot less.

RAM prices in 2018 is enough of a reason to save on RAM.

Learn to sage and lurk moar.

no one uses 50 tabs lmao.
Companies don't even sell 4gb ram anymore.

>this program doesn't support my use case
>you don't exist lmao *Injects angularJS*

>Firefox is currently using 692M of memory with only 5 tabs open.
Lucky you.

Attached: 2018-05-01_23-21-23.png (1920x1080, 164K)

>no one uses 50 tabs lmao.
Tfw consistently idling on 190-210 tabs on Chrome causing it to memory leak until it uses all 16gb of ram and swap each and crashes
It takes like 6gb max on start

Drink Bleach

How did you enable Quantum style tabs in Waterfox?

>vimb
>Luakit

Just use a text browser that can display images. Anything it can't handle is literally not worth viewing anyway. Then use firefucks when you have to deal with some bullshit such as government sites, fuckbook, whatever.

>Tfw consistently idling on 190-210 tabs
Wtf do you really need 200 tabs you brainlet?

Attached: 1509810772873.jpg (600x496, 46K)

second for seamonkey, or just try qutebrowser or something

there's Falkon, works great

>Qt
No, thank you.

I feel we need a new toolkit that is neither Nazi-tear GTK+3 nor ugly-10000deps-tier Qt.

Attached: 3976450-spaceballs+dark+helmet+1.jpg (533x356, 46K)

It's just the dark theme you can enable in the settings

I have like a trillion things that "I'll do by the end of the week" or podcasts and shit that I actually get to eventually
I'd say like half of them are probably 1-3 hour YouTube videos that I pick one a day and listen to while working, or like an album that I'm trying to find a high quality rip/original copy of

Qt works fine.
You're free to make your own toolkit though.

>using forks
>ever
Found your problem...