What is MS doing with the collected w10 data?

What is MS doing with the collected w10 data?
When is the next LTSB happening?

Attached: 1524448546492.webm (1280x720, 2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2018/02/01/changes-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stuff

LTSB collects data even if you disable it.

>What is MS doing with the collected w10 data?
sell them to highest bidder and giving them to intelligence agencies worldwide for free

Goldship is cute boi

Yes I know, it collets less data but still collects, I don't mind, I ask because LTSB is way less bloated and bullshit-free

LTSB collects the same data. I just looked up what LTSB and it's pretty retarded to install this version if you're using a general purpose machine. Not sure why you autists are always into this crap.

I thought LTSB was a meme

Yesterday I installed it.

Oh God it's brilliant. If Microsoft had released this as it's next OS, slapped $50 price tag on it and just provided the minor updates (what, 8 of them in two years?) 7 would be dead, MacOSX would have lost a good portion of it's market share, and day of the Linux Desktop would be consigned to the 22nd century.

Why the hell did they release this as an Enterprise edition and give consumers that bloated pile of shit???? This is where it's at!!!

Thank you for the memes Jow Forums, once again you prove yourself worthy of the pass.

t. 9 year Jow Forums veteran.

Oh I forgot to mention the longer battery life on my x220 as well.

I know it collects defender stuff, but as a business model it can't collect much (if any) data from businesses or they'd be done for industrial espionage.

LTSB gets an update every ~3 years, next one is 1903 or 1909 (up from current 1607), so at earliest March release, at latest september 2019 release.

Comfy livin'.

I know, to think that I don't have to worry about updates for another year at least. Knowing theres support for around 5-10 years on this hardware.

It's glorious.

>t. 9 year Jow Forums veteran.

Cunt.

arigatougozaimasu

Next one's gonna be LTSC in 2019 iirc

Where did you get it? I'm wanting to install it now since every time i come back to my computer I have to log back in because it updated.

>t. 9 year Jow Forums veteran.
i've been here for 8 years and i still think i'm a newfag

google this:

"Creating Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB ISO with latest updates included, explained to newbies?"

>click thread on mydigital life
>sign up to mydigital life
>download (original iso)
>download update app
>download easy app to integrate updates

>keep note of that thread just in case

>download kmspico 10.2.0 from the same forum (different thread but forum is legit, the one i got had frost in the name)

>put kms, update app and app integrater onto ext hdd

>burn iso to usb with rufus
>install ltsb onto computer
>allow ltsb to install drivers (does this silently)
>activate using kmspico
>update with update app on ext hdd

good luck

like i give a fuck what you think about yourself.

>pass
>9 year veteran

Attached: 1500490224412.jpg (533x300, 33K)

why is this horse so autistic

Download it from the MS evaluation center

doing this is pointless as you only get 90 days. Use the one I advised you to get, it's the full, original edition and KMSpico works like a charm

What is this? It looks cute.

Do you use the N version? Would you recommend it? Only media stuff i do on my computer is watch netflix, and saved videos on my hdd. I figure i can install a codec pack, video player, and i'm good to go?

Talk about Shills.
God damn Microsoft get your shit together.
Windows 10 sucks.

> When is the next LTSB happening?
in 2019

did you installed any drivers or lenovo bloatware (software such as power management) on or it just works out of the box?, genuinely curious because I'm thinking on giving it a try on my x220.

I used lenovo automatic driver update website to install synaptics mouse driver, audio, and the sd card reader, but if you used normal windows 10 you have to do the same anyway.

The only 'bloatware' is the lenovo service bridge, and you only use it to put the drivers on and it's done.

Honestly, if you feel confident just do it, you'd only have to do the same on normal windows 10 anyway, its EXACTLY THE SAME PROCESS, but gives you a million times better system.

Companies pay millions for user data.
Some of it could be used to improve Cortana's AI.
Some of it could be used for targeted ads.
Some of it is used by FBI/NSA to keep a profile on every individual.

Data is big money.
Much more money than selling Windows at $250+.

And then these fucking morons on Jow Forums have the nerve to think their personal data isn't being used for profit.

Like what the fuck, a multi-billion dollar CORPORATION suddenly makes their flagship product FREE? How in God's fuck do you think they're feeding their business?

>AYY BU I DISABLED BOTNET
No YOU DIDNT! Win10 as a business would be losing way too much money if every idiot could just 'disable' their source of revenue. THINK!

Attached: 1513299796702.png (403x448, 53K)

We analyze it and use it to make decisions. Behavioral analysis, customer engagement, product performance, etc. Pretty standard. LTSB also collects minimal telemetry.

hey nigger, when are we going to be able to install to ReFS partitions?

Never.
>flagship product
Imagine actually thinking this. Windows is a sinking ship, they made it free because users were fleeing, the only reason they still charge is because OEMs raged hardcore over it being free.
So now they're stuck, cater to OEMs and continue losing marketshare or actually go completely free.
The ONLY use windows has is to get people in the ecosystem and using office (things that bring ACTUAL money).
So yes, do some thinking of your own.

On client? Not really my domain, but based off my buddy in filesystems (he did a proof of that working), never m8.

Must be amazing living your life with so little facts. The new Windows model was adopted thanks to the large and changing PC market. With Windows 10 we switched over from one time sales to subscription models. Windows is a platform to sell everything else. Just like Amazon, just like Google, just like Apple. You are no longer living in the world of your own, you're just renting space.

Nothing or they use it for marketing

>never

I would not be surprised if that were the actual case.
What would be, the post Gates, Microsoft without fucking up the very things they need to not fuck up, on an institutional scale?

>in 2019
no
blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2018/02/01/changes-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

I have been here since 2014 and I'm an oldfag

Stable channel is broken half of the time, literally beta testing new features all the time
The business branch and delayed one are somewhat better but still bad, you still get bullshit UWP stuff forced on you
LTSB/LTSC are free of UWP and you aren't forced to major feature upgrades every year

Really? What is the genuine, official hash of the iso then?

real oldfags don't announce they're oldfags
LURK MOAR

Not him but I wouldn't recommend N, it lacks random stuff that's requires by prosumer and consumer software like any video player (including MPC-HC) and even Photoshop, you will end installing the stuff removed in N
If you want Netflix on your PC installing a normal version, or the much saner delayed business branches, isn't a bad idea
The UWP Netflix app it's the only way to get 1080p and 4K on a PC, you can install UWP stuff through a few hacks on LTSB but I guess it will get some problems sooner than later

You want the real answer?
Microsoft fired their whole QA department a year or so before 10 dropped so the data collection is a means of figuring out what shit is broken through the masses using the OS so they can fix it down the line. They're so cheap they'd rather have you be the bug tester than have an actual bugfix team figure out the problems before hand.

Any other reason like
>it's spyware (despite that not being what spyware means)
>it's a botnet (despite that not being what a botnet means)
>privacy! (despite Microsoft doing data collection in some form or another since xp at the very least)
are memes pushed by Linux shills who do it for free so they can trick you into installing some shitty desktop implementation of an excellent server OS.

Never said I was an oldfag, I just said I was a 9 year veteran.

Why would I lie? It's not exactly a badge of honour to state you've been visiting the same website for 9 years.

Neigh, if anything perhaps it were the Universe telling me it's time to give up Jow Forums...nah I could never leave you socially awkward asperger sufferers.

I did indeed use N, but that leaves you without the media stuff (such as no thumbnails for video files and Windows Media Player) and I ended up having to use WHDownloader to install the update. It's only 5 minutes and one update to get them.

The one I told him to get in my first post

here

she is a horse

I'm still using 7 but its going to literally die in 1,5 years so LTSB is the only way to go

So many shills in this thread.

Selling it to three letter agencies, and mining it for business purposes.
>When is the next LTSB happening?
2019, and they are rebranding it to LTSC.

As for everyone else in the thread, here's my opinion on LTSB. Yes, it is the best version of windows 10, but its still shit. If you really need windows then 7 is still far and away superior to anything else. For whatever reason if you absolutely MUST use 10, then only install ltsb.