$80k, 18% in bonuses, 6% 401k match
probably not, never touched on that during college

>rails developer
>no
>$150k
>yes

I believe you

also

Is it because rails is enterprise-level tech debt now?

no, it's because MVCs are easiest done when using rails and that's all these stealth startups in the bay care about.

>Research Fellow in Bioinformatics
>Yes
>£50k pa
>Yes but only because I've used them relatively recently

plus $9000 401k match

Attached: 1525228669.png (1704x583, 78K)

so why don't you like it?

sysadmin
yes
$80k
it makes everything blurry

how many years experience do you have to get that much writing javascript?

2 years. Graduated summer 2016.

matches are described in percentages

I said no IT janitors, gtfo

Ok then, plus a 50% match on my $18000 in 401k contributions.

... percentages of your salary before tax, lmao

You are just envious that my job is easy and pays well

Attached: 1524708739520.png (637x717, 419K)

>bloom filter
That's a neat structure OP, thanks for introducing me to it. Maybe some day years from now I'll solve a problem by using it and think back to this thread.

don't forget years from now that I'm now also calling you a faggot

faggot

domino's insider - i make the bizza
its alright, free food and rides (no car)
$8/hour
a who?

im an youngin but am trying to learn C++ and pass my AP classes -- did an internship last summer w/ Community Cooleg courses. Setting up summer courses for coming season now.

What's the best way to learn C++? The most advanced programming I've done is minecraft AHK automation scripts.

Maybe at shitty companies.

>student
>yes
>zero dolers

uhhhh without looking but knowing what vidya bloom is, a blur filter applied to an image that's proportional to the luminance of each pixel

devops/sre
no
200k usd
no

Church organist for a small liberalish church
yes
$30 a service
no

I was volunteering doing this job, and then randomly they decided to start paying for it. I'm a nursing student at a Community College, so any extra money is welcome.

That's literally how all companies do and describe it. It's a percentage of your take home pay before tax. e.g. yours is a 4% match at 230k.

That's literally not. For example at Microsoft.
benefitnews.com/news/microsoft-boosts-employer-match-in-its-401-k-plan

Selling weed and coke on dark web
Yes
Depending 80-100k a year
No.

Head chef at Pizza Hut
yes
$190k
it's what instagram normalfag sluts add to their photos

I used learncpp.com

Can you tell me any bad stories about pizza hut food?

>Devops
>When I get to work with competent people, which is not as often as I'd like.
>90k
>The fuck is that

why do you work in devops? It's the absolute most stressful job in tech

>Head chef at Pizza Hut
>yes
>$190k

there are multiple things I feel wrong with what I've quoted

IT Janitor, i mean analyst. More meetings, emails, documentation and site visits than hands on tech. Doesn't stop me from being a cert monkey.
2 years ago I loved it, staying for the money currently
I looked it up briefly. I recall it from some database class although it didn't belong there. I can descibe it for the next couple of weeks until I forget again.

>Front end web developer
>It's pretty fun
>45k aka not great, even in the Midwest
>no

>Digital Marketing & Student B. I.T./Business
>Meh
>75k
>Nope

>nuclear reactor operator (in training)
>meh
>~31k
>?

I'm not particularly smart, but I can learn complicated new tools extremely quickly. Devops is perfect for me because I will never be a great programmer, but I can make great programmers way more efficient by learning the new stuff for them and making it easy.

>front desk
>yeah, all I do is get stoned and play EVE
>$26k
>no

I'm at work right now

Attached: IMG_20180501_200844_806.jpg (500x275, 31K)

software developer
yes, i have a family and a huge cock
basically around 2m dollars a year
no because something something not my job

go to bed homer

What job? I CANT GET A FUCKING JOB!!! ALL THE BROWN PEOPLE STOLE MY JOB!!!!

Attached: 1523070014697.jpg (411x620, 39K)

>AdTech developer
>The domain is sorta soul crushing but everything else makes up for it (team, quality of the office, quality of our code, ways of working, etc.)
>50k€/yr
>Look ma, I'm counting with hashes and named this simple as fuck thing after myself!

>EVE
oh shit me too
are you in a corp? i'm in pandemic horde, still learning the game

sadly this is the best description I've gotten so far for the bloom filter

til Jow Forums is dumb

Pandemic horde were a shitty feeder corp back when PL was king. Now that PL is shit (or do they even exist anymore? Haven't played in a few years), is pandemic horde basically a carebear corp?

>Can you describe a bloom filter
>sadly this is the best description I've gotten so far for the bloom filter

yup. Jow Forums is the problem assuming your retard OP

Programmer
Yes
Varies
Low resolution render to texture buffer blended with the main picture via some sort of addiction blending.

at least homer got to go home every day

Network Installation Technician
Meh
$42,000
Ye

it's a corp for beginners that's focused on pvp. there isn't much carebearing but players are taught how to rat in anoms to make isk for buying ships

>No IT janitors allowed
gtfo

Title: Software Engineer, In practice: Mix of high-effort code-monkeying and DevOps work.
Most of the time
US$54k, plus current illiquid equity with an [untrustworthy] valuation of > US$250k (start-ups, yo).
Yes, I will proceed to do so:

A bloom filter is basically a hash table where only true/false values (or small counters) are actually stored instead of the entire hashed object.

A garden-variety (static, binary) bloom filter is basically a constant-memory set which allows only for querying whether a known object is in the set, with an increasingly high false-positive rate as the number of elements added increases.

To add an object to a static binary bloom filter, hash the object with k hash functions, then set the bits in the table which correspond to those hash values to true.

This sort of bloom filter is used in clients for distributed protocols such as BitTorrent and Bitcoin as a means of speeding up certain operations.

A stable bloom filter will randomly unset bits in the table, trading decreased false positives for the occurrence of false negatives. This kind of bloom filter is more suited to statistical analysis.

I could go on...

>fast food, cleaner in pizza hut
>I want to die
>$8.50 per hour
>had to google it

Attached: source.gif (500x281, 178K)

Make me

Attached: smugkot.png (200x200, 31K)

Machinist
The work yes, management no.
~38k USD
No.

>tfw get to keep computers as a hobby, but it still makes me more valuable at work because everyone is 50+ years old and can barely use a copy-paste function in notepad.

Attached: 1451172287636.jpg (1283x2157, 969K)

Imagine being this insecure about being a jobless leech.

Just take this guy's job

nice man
I work at Wendy's myself making gourmet never frozen meat Hamburgers
I'm getting a whopping 10.25/hr(min wage in my state)
someday you'll get to where I'm at

>"software engineer" but mostly a Java backend developer
>yes
>100k
>yes, but poorly and inaccurately

You're a fag and your equity is worthless

>student
>meh
>$0.00
>had to google it

Any webdevs here? I'm wanting to go into web development because I tried learning C++ and got frustrated. I've been teaching myself Javascript and I have an interest in learning PHP.

Attached: 1522119226926.png (448x497, 439K)

>embedded software/firmware, sometimes analog EE stuff
>yes
>40k ish (in NY [yes im probably underpaid])
>no

>making a hamburger
im not sure if id be considered capable yet, even with my experience combining convoluted assortments of pizza toppings quickly and on demand I had never never heard of the bloom filter concept before this thread

NYC? How do you survive?

no, western new york, syracuse/rochester/buffalo area

check /wdg/

Fullstack Node.js developer
Yes
No

>I tried learning C++
>so I'll learn webdev
Just gonna say you gave up on non-webdev work after trying out the most overcomplicated ill-designed horseshit language. Dude just learn Python or C or pretty much anything else. With something like python you can get a comfy job as a data scientist/machine learning fucker somewhere.

why is it that javascript devs are retarded? Can't even describe a simple data structure. Please kys

Why is it that C devs are so retarded? Can't even get a decently paying job. Please kys.

what do you even do?
node is a meme didn't your employer know?

>''''front end dev''''
>fuck no, I haven't programmed in over a year
>$4 per hour
>no

>>$4 per hour
What?

fiverr

>PHP Laravel Developer
>No
>300 USD / Month
>No

>unemployed programmer, used to sell solar, just quit to spend all time building and reverse engineering other people's freeware in to create a full stack app in ruby+rails
>learning while creating hnnnngggggg

>This business model should return me at least 200-300k a year. good market, good idea, useful niche. if not, I'll just repurpose the app to another Idea because it will already be made. win/win

>just skimmed on bloom filters. You could probably make a lot of money correctly applying the right type of this filter to give you assistance in trading data with an algorithmic trading application.

hello pajeet

let me guess...
Mexico?

why do you smack your lips and slowly open your slimy mouth so close to the mic in your youtube tutorials mr pajeet

the wonders of working in the Balkans
>get paid that much as a student
>coworker tells me 'you know, if you were hired fulltime you'd be actually making less than you are now'
what a pathetic existance

Attached: IMG-20180430-WA0004.jpg (750x710, 64K)

Software Engineer
Yes
165,000 USD
Nope

why is half of europe so shitty?

Why does it even exist

did babby get his first big data class today?

>data analysis assistant
>yes, because easy money, only 15h/week and bigger pay than most 20 year olds make at such "summer" jobs
>no, but a bloom effect in graphics programming means blurring the bright parts of an image and blending it on top to emulate real world optics

Software engineer trapped in webshit
16k USD
Americans are overpaid for using their computer desu senpai

Btw 1k€/month

Forgot to say, I don't like webshit, and no because I've only done audio filtering.

>Network “””engineer”””
>€77k per year
>Fuck no
>No

>Your job
NEET with severe mental problems
>Do you like it
No
>Income
Not your fucking business
>Can you describe a bloom filter
Yes. You have a set, and you want to know quickly if an object is in there or not. You store a string of L bits, and a set of N hash functions. When you add an object to the set, you calculate all of those hashes and set the corresponding bits to 1 in L. When you want to know if an object is in there or not, you can just calculate those hashes and if the corresponding bits in L are all set to 1, then it's probably in the set and you can do a proper search. The main disadvantage is that you can't remove items from the set without recalculating all of L.

Attached: 2018-04-11 10_46_31-debotnet [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.png (1038x770, 48K)

NEET
No.
Lol.
No.

please don't go on a spree

sorry for your terminal case of envy, commie

>Software Engineer
>Fuck no, i'm trying to get a job at a different company. Legacy support in assembly makes me want to kill myself.
>70k
>A what?

Attached: mUFwQVC.png (1366x768, 787K)

EVE is dead

.net web dev
no
30K USD per year (shithole country)
yes

That new RNG shit they've been kicking around really pissed in my cereal. CCP as a company has been circling the shitter for ages now. How it managed to make a game like Eve and then utterly fail at making any other game astounds me.

>nuclear reactor operator (in training)
>31k
are you just born a retard, or did something happen to make you one?

Routing protocols in C
Yes
Vaguely but not usefully

Attached: Screenshot_20180428-180152.png (1920x1080, 675K)