How exactly should a cryptocurrency scale? Lightning? or Dynamic like Monero?

How exactly should a cryptocurrency scale? Lightning? or Dynamic like Monero?
(Discussing about this technology-wise)

Attached: opengraph.png (500x500, 14K)

It should scale to the moon

Attached: 1524048299649-pol.png (409x409, 157K)

lightning seems fine if they'll figure our proper routing and security
>Dynamic like Monero
what's the concept?

He means dynamic block sizes. Like bitcoin unlimited.

>currency

Attached: stirner.jpg (992x880, 157K)

>worth 9,000 funbucks

Attached: 9000btc.png (636x226, 13K)

But, neither of those are real.

Anything that does this in such a very, very short timeframe of 3 months after 10 years of stability is not something I would ever invest my money into.

Attached: Untitled.png (868x876, 47K)

>after 10 years of stability
Huh?

Means look at the gentle slow increment of value from jan 2009 to jan 2017

that's why you'll forever be poor
why did you not invest in the period of "stability", my sleepy nigger? hmm? hmmmmmmm?

Attached: tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif (250x141, 94K)

If it's a joke then I don't get it. The price has been anything but stable from 2009 to 2017. Several past bubbles have been way more volatile than the one this winter.

>anything but stable

Attached: 1525253265559.png (796x174, 10K)

if you dig deep enough - nothing is real

You might want to label that Y axis dipshit.

Attached: bt.png (1342x672, 54K)

>what's a log scale

Attached: 1525257068726.png (621x702, 56K)

It's what you weigh timber on, dumbass.

creamy

>monero
>hidden blockchain
>someone could have 90 trillion monero just sitting
am I wrong? please correct me if I'm wrong

just make the blocks bigger :)

DAG

how can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real? /s

anything that does this is something i don't want to invest my money into

but lets not get off topic, this is Jow Forums, lets talk about the technology

Attached: 2014-02-20-usd-purchasing-power.jpg (854x517, 76K)

volatile up > steady down

Attached: 20171002_Bitcoin1.jpg (965x503, 108K)

the total and curculating supply of monero is known, but it is the case 1 wallet could have like 90% of it and we wouldn't know

you're an imbecile

>Lightning
>Dynamic
>scale
wtf are you talking about? I]m in crypto since 2014, making huge gains by mining and trading scamcoins, but seriously what is this mambo jambo?

Attached: wtwtf.jpg (588x437, 87K)

No, someone could hack coins into existence with a currently unknown exploit and nobody would know.

If it's possible to know then it means that the currency isn't actually anonymous.

it is currently the largest topic (and has been for 6-8 months) in the bcash/bitcoin scaling argument. remember when bitcoin got super slow and fees got super high? the question is, how do we solve this?

Cryptocurrency is useless as a currency. You are essentially conning off all the transaction fees and risk (no chargebacks) on the consumer, which does not work well with normies.

The people doing it right are Amazon, IBM, Microsoft etc that are stripping out the currency bullshit and using blockchain tech properly. Give it another 5-10 years and the cryptocurrency meme will be over, but the blockchain will remain.

>Jow Forums is still butthurt about knowing about bitcoin in 2010 but still being a poor neet/code-monkey 8 years later
AHAHAHAHAHAHA NEVER CHANGE Jow Forums

Attached: 1524007558031.jpg (640x406, 17K)

Buy my bags Jow Forums, please!

Attached: siadcr.jpg (593x492, 66K)

you're legitimately the dumbest poster on Jow Forums right now

segwit + block size increase once mempool is consistently high.
lightning for micropayments

I agree with you. Block size should be doubled, and then increased if/when we hit the transaction limit for a sustained period again.

>caring about muttdollars

I don't think Monero's dynamic block size is intended to be a long term scaling solution. The developers are open to second layer solutions like Lightning, but it's more important to get the base protocol fully polished first, and block sizes still have plenty of room to grow in the meantime without it causing problems.

This is the patrician view, by the way. It's utterly retarded to think that Bitcoin blocks should be restricted to 1MB in 2018, and I see it as strong evidence of a conflict of interest in the Bitcoin Core team. But it's equally retarded to say that off-chain scaling is entirely unnecessary and the full solution to scaling is increasing block sizes indefinitely. I don't see much of a future for either fork of Bitcoin.