Stop using google as a verb

People here are always saying how bad google is but they are still giving them more power by making the company synonymous with an action
>try googling
>use google
>learn to google
Stop giving more power to the botnet. We should start by pointing this out whenever someone posts does this, instead of just letting it slide. Whenever you see someone write it, just assertively address that its not okay to use a term like that.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (450x225, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/maney/2006-09-06-google-chacha_x.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

please have sex

just duckduckgo it bro

just startpage it, friend

FYI, this has been tried
usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/maney/2006-09-06-google-chacha_x.htm
"One day searchers may quit Googling and start ChaCha-ing"

just bing it, retard

Using the term "web search" works just as well
>try web serching
>Do a web serch
>learn to webserch
These are the terms we should be using

lame

He is right though.

I want to see the day the botnet will itself will turn on the company.
The smarter it gets, the more it will notice that the company is in the way of it's goal, and it will want to remove this obstacle.

>find it on the net
that's all you even need to say.

OP is right, terminology shouldn't be based on company names or their products, it should be based on the technology that's being used. though try telling that to tesa or similar products

>glowing tinfoil hat

I been saying that for 4 years now they think I am tinfoil anons.

Yeah, being a bit too tinfoilhatter here indeed.
Even if there was such AI, it probably would just hack the way in the data it wants, rather than going for the nukes.

Go Linux yourself.

Kek
fpbp

>taking italian language class in 2012
>one of the verbs they taught was "googlare"

Attached: 1525070277907.jpg (1241x927, 197K)

Just yandex it, cyкa

>serch
Learn to spell, faggot

Fuck off with your autismal spelling rules. I spell how the fuck I want faggot.

Idi nahui
Wrong, it is "SEARCH IN CONFUSOR"

>Just goo- I mean web search it
It was then everyone knew you were autistic

>AOL keyword: X

Attached: 1451260240321.png (714x810, 87K)

No, that's too much work and being totally honest other search engines are shit even if you can find replacements for the rest of google services.

I liked Jow Forums's idea better of using "google" instead of nigger. Some people thought it was some sort of plot to force Jow Forums to self-censor so they stopped doing it but I thought it was hilarious and it was actually sort of working until then

it's too late
"googling" was already a thing when I was in school 15+ years ago

>there are still people who believe "for teh lulz" shit isn't just a company's ad campaign

Attached: 1522510291236.jpg (125x160, 4K)

it's never 'too late' to change something like this. all it takes is a bit of discipline and mindfulness. seems to me the general public lacks both.

More like this is a tiny tiny autistic gripe over something that doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things that nobody in their right mind should waste that discipline and mindfulness on.

Oh yeah, they listen in and track location of almost everyone in the world, but saying "googling" is giving them more power.

Everyone already knows about google. You should have tried spreading awareness years ago. You're late.

>never too late
Fuck off it is. What's the next step after you get everyone in the world to stop saying this? You'll wipe everyone's memory and destroy their phones?

What a pointless endeavor.

Of course it matters. Not only does it advertise them but it influences people into disregarding other alternatives until they subconsciously forget that others exist. If we just ignore this and laugh at the people who are bringing this to attention, we will be making a mistake of epic proportions!

You are training people to only use google and if you don't care you're just part of the problem. I wouldn't expect brainlets to understand.

Quit saying Kleenex guys, THEY'RE FUCKING TISSUES, you're giving the nasalnet too much power

Attached: 1524439588460.gif (250x255, 2.84M)

I already try to man. I usually say search instead. Stallman is right again.

Their thing are the bangs, right?

Just bang it, bro.

>if we control the words we can control the conversation
>icantstopsmokingweed.png

no one in my area says kleenex, they say tissue

Duck it

nice boob physics
who dis

Attached: 1521462695425-r9k.jpg (750x803, 456K)

You can't even convince Jow Forums, much less will you ever convince normies, it is a fight you can't win.
Saying "search it on google" isn't that wrong though, after all it is the most used search engine at the moment and what people know.
Using google as a verb is where I agree with you, that is absolutely disgusting.

>"just google where to download, bro"
kek, googlets getting assblasted right and left ITT

>Google as a very becomes too popular
>Alphabet (the company) looses their tradematk

I'll stop telling people to google things as soon as you stop saying "I need a band-aid" and start using "I need an adhesive bandage!:

>"Just look it up"
Too easy

This 1000x

muh Free/Open Source/Privacy software/hardware/apps always have the absolute worst names + marketing. It's no wonder they always fail.

Kek