Extreme Video Compression

Any tips/software to compress a video to a very small size? I've been using Handbrake for some time, together with WinFF, but I wonder if I can use something better. The goal is to compress a 90 minute film to under 32 MBs in AVI format, in order to then convert it to GBA format.

Attached: HandBrake-icon.jpg (1024x1024, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277256021435613184/440253676393857025/EntireEmojiMovie.mp4
amazon.com/Shrek-Game-Boy-Advance-Video-Movie/dp/B000AOEVII
hooktube.com/watch?v=MWdG413nNkI
my.mixtape.moe/remcst.mkv
mega.nz/#!joZWxa6Z!U5mYIluHmOZNAAkUY_5wFFS7IFzTtSyL8fNcoGmtL6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it doesn't make sense to make a 32M avi if you need to convert it again to another format that has the 32M requirement
i would just create a lossless avi to feed whatever you're using the encode the gba video, like pcm audio + huffyuv video, it's not like mono audio + 240x160 video would take much room, even lossless

>avi format
avi is a container not a format. it's clear you have no idea what you're doing

video containers contain X amount of files. that can be virtually anything. avi itself can have video and audio files inside of it.

re-encode using h265 at like 40kbps... that's about the limit for vocal audio quality and you want to push video that small, your quality is going to be garbage. you definitely want to scale your resolution down to 240p

>90 minute film to under 32 MBs

Attached: 1520900407754s.jpg (250x190, 5K)

"avi format" isn't wrong, containers are formats as well, it's only when someone says "avi video" that they're mistaken, as avi itself is not a video format
also, containers don't contain "files" per-se, rather raw media bitstreams, unlike their standalone file counterparts, their metadata is stored as part of the containers' metadata, rather than being self-contained like a file

Someone did The Emoji Movie in 5 MBs.
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277256021435613184/440253676393857025/EntireEmojiMovie.mp4

all streams in a container are individual raw files
file.h264
file.aac
file.srt

>compress a 90 minute film to under 32 MB

Attached: 1142011023463.gif (129x78, 169K)

Wow.

>encoded in h264
They weren't even trying.

he's making a gba video
you know they sold commercial films on 32M gba cartridges once upon a time

I don't believe you. 32 Mebabytes isn't enough for a whole movie, especially in any codec a gameboy advance could decode (can it decode video at all??)

Exactly. They had Shrek running on a cartridge. I found software that has a similar result. My goal is to compress it enough to fit in a 32MB ROM, fix the headers and flash it to a cartridge. The first step is my problem right now, and I found solutions for everything else.

pure kino

>I don't believe you.
habeeb it
amazon.com/Shrek-Game-Boy-Advance-Video-Movie/dp/B000AOEVII
>can it decode video at all??
anything can decode video if you try hard enough
hooktube.com/watch?v=MWdG413nNkI

what res are we talking about?

the gameboy advance's native resolution of 240x160

this
if I was brave enough to let that cancer touch my hard drive I'd redo it in h265. but not happening

my.mixtape.moe/remcst.mkv

OP here. I can go even lower, at 192x128, with 10 kBps of total bitrate, which is my current limit.

wouldn't that only be like 8MB

My absolute limit is 32 MBs, so 8 MBs are totally acceptable.

no, it'd be 54MB

10kbps? so they are bytes not bits?
you have to encode in mpeg 1

so video quality is garbage no matter what

he () wrote "kBps", which is kilobytes per second, kilobits per second is "kbps"
if he meant bits, then it's 6.59MiB

I honestly don't care if the video is literally unwatchable. As long as it works, I'm fine.

Unfortunately, I'm talking about bytes, not bits, which is why I capitalized the B here.

>handbrake
>icon of pineapple juice
Is that dev really retarded?

>.fr
you bet

Attached: shawn.gif (500x280, 979K)

bump

Just use FFMPEG and dig deep into the options for whatever codec you are using.

just encode it in av1

Do you guys have any sample of GBA video quality?
Just out of curiosity I made a clip with VP9@35 kbps and OPUS@10 kbps.
openload co/f/Klh1QNPL2xI

Do you think his Game Boy can play AV1?
Beside libaom isn't really ready for action yet and modern encoders can't process video at such tiny resolution.

Attached: mpv-shot0012.png (427x240, 74K)

This is The Room on GBA. It looks like shit, but it works. The only drawback is that I had to split it in multiple ROMs. What I'd like to do is fit an entire film on one ROM.

mega.nz/#!joZWxa6Z!U5mYIluHmOZNAAkUY_5wFFS7IFzTtSyL8fNcoGmtL6U