Attached: iToaster.jpg (550x310, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
tenfourfox.blogspot.ca/2018/04/unboxing-talos-ii-its-here.html?m=1
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Raptor-TALOS2-Initial-Tests
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=power9-epyc-xeon&num=1
madison.craigslist.org/sys/d/vintage-mac-cubes-pristine/6531864939.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Interesting idea for a thread. Redpill me on PPC, why should I use it over amd64 or ARM?

Should include some helpful links in the OP for future generals. Stuff like Tigerbrew, Macports, PPCAppStore, TenFourFox/Classilla, Macintosh Repository, Macintosh Garden, and so on.

65763199-->

Why don't you make this POWER/PC general since PPC is depreciated?

raptorcs.com/TALOSII/

tenfourfox.blogspot.ca/2018/04/unboxing-talos-ii-its-here.html?m=1

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Raptor-TALOS2-Initial-Tests

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=power9-epyc-xeon&num=1

Hi op from > here
I was going to, with another theme etc, but this idiot if an user decided he needed to make this one. Anyways this one will just get archived soon hopefully anyways

please don't bully me

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

You shouldn't, it wouldn't have practically died off by now as an ISA if it was worth anything compared to the other mainstream ISAs

It's quite useful for keeping your room warm.

You really shouldn't unless you're a collector or you have a newer POWER machine.

Just imagine if IBM made the PowerPC open like RISC-V or just available to use royalty free.

Attached: 1432259490310.jpg (700x700, 68K)

....then absolutely nothing would have happened.

Just imagine if IBM delivered a 2 GHz processor and apple sticked to using it

I don't see any ARM based supercomputers in the top 500. You would think if ARM was worth anything you would see it up there.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-02_11-45-28.png (693x695, 76K)

What makes you say that? PowerPC would be big right now instead of ARM and RISC-V. Reminder that IBM switched to an ARM model in 2013 with the open power fundation.

*at the right time

If p.a. semi's pwrficient cpus just had come earlier

Attached: 1468190037218.png (1070x601, 463K)

Guys guys. Why not 68k?

bump

absolutely beautiful machine but much like women, the most beautiful ones are the most useless

Would keep around just as ornament.

Some OC gore.

Attached: IMG_20180502_163816.jpg (4160x3120, 3.95M)

big-endian

Maybe it still works. At least I rescued it from further corrosion.

Attached: PSX_20180502_164259.jpg (4160x2830, 1.91M)

The absolute state of applel street shitting engineers.

Attached: 1524655528880.jpg (640x600, 73K)

Rub some coke on it.
Actually works. People did that in the 50s to the chrome bumpers of their cars

I think it has more to do with the fact something leaked in. That being said, the water cooled version had issues too...

A mactoddler has defended this.

god why do cubes have to cost so much

Attached: Screenshot_20180502-212201.jpg (1078x586, 156K)

>Why do people milk gullible morons so hard?

Attached: 1508980527367.jpg (400x815, 116K)

only good Power PC was the Xbox360

Where could I get a battery for an iBook G4 that is not 60 fucking dollars?

See

WHY PPC DIED? IT HAVED WAY MORE POTENTIAL THAN X86

Attached: 1525014670185.png (512x447, 216K)

This is what mactoddlers actually believe.

>potential
lol

IBM killed its potential because they're niggers

It was killed on desktop and laptop by intel’s better power management and it was killed on consoles by AMD because coding for it was not very convenient. It is alive and well on mainframe and databases.

Even in that from x86 and other ISA are gaining ground, probably we would see IBM dead in our life time.

I wish.
They're lazy fucks and need deleted

Go shit somewhere else, Pajeet.

hello girls

Attached: blizzardppc.jpg (624x413, 66K)

Guess it's still better than a liquid cooling blowout.
Looks like a dual-core too, sucks. Doesn't look so bad that it won't boot, though.
What are the configurations on both of them? The gray label in the lower right hand corner of your first picture contains all of that.

mactoddlers BTFO

>big right now instead of ARM
Man, you open architecture niggers make me laugh sometimes.
Licensing an ISA is one of the most trivial components of designing and building a new chip.

Neither of these have the GPU or HDD.

Attached: PSX_20180502_184937.jpg (2533x953, 424K)

Not related to that post, but remember when some UPS niggers ruined imnc's G5?
Never order shit from ebay and have it delivered if it's close to you

Attached: PSX_20180502_185211.jpg (2636x853, 595K)

heh, if I scroll up and down fast enough its like its animated.

>fragile poorly built macshit chinktrash
Found your problem.

t. mi5nigger

Damn, throw the serial number into everymac and see what it tells you, if it comes up as a "PCI-X" and not a "PCI-X 2" it's an absolute flagship first generation model, even had the build to order high end GPU option and double the base memory configuration.
I think it's worth waiting around for a cheap Mac 9800 Pro and a pair of appropriate hard disks to come up on eBay and restoring that thing, you did say you wanted to use it as a GNU/Linux server but I'd honestly stick OS X on it and use one of the other systems you got for that role. Would probably make a nice 10.4 box especially if you added in more RAM, or a bitchin' 10.2 box.
Thought this one was a DC from the heatsink, weird. It's a first-gen model too but the base spec.

Yeah, I can't imagine I'd want to ship a G5 anything. Feels too easy to fuck up that aluminum especially.

The machines themselves aren't THAT delicate. Those guys are underpaid, overworked and constantly pissed so they just throw everything into the truck

>Damn, throw the serial number into everymac and see what it tells you, if it comes up as a "PCI-X" and not a "PCI-X 2" it's an absolute flagship first generation model, even had the build to order high end GPU option and double the base memory configuration.

Did I win?

Attached: 2018-05-02-195558_1600x900_scrot.png (529x186, 27K)

Have you hooked it up yet?
Or is something missing

>UPS
>underpaid
holy shit you are retarded

Where I live they are

I did not get to it yet. I am still working on the G4.

Based. What G4 version is it?
Found some good offers today. A G3 for 30 and a G4 for 90. Hope I can get my hands on at least the G3. Wish me luck, user

PowerMac G4 Quicksilver MDD. Dual 1.25Ghz, 1GB of RAM, original Apple 120GB IBM hard drive, original GPU, original RAM, it seems like I'm just missing the original CRT, mouse, and keyboard. Case has cracks in the plastic.

>dual 1.25 Ghz
Nice. I actually checked the offer to be sure and it was 50. Pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20180503-030220.jpg (1078x1431, 729K)

>it's a mactoddler thinks he belongs on Jow Forums episode

Attached: 1517615229912.png (429x245, 38K)

>it's a /v/irgin thinks he belongs on Jow Forums episode

Mine is a lighter color. That looks more like a dark silver.

It has a 2001 trademark on it so it'll be probably one of these

Attached: Screenshot_20180503-033645.jpg (1080x920, 328K)

Do old PPC based iMacs really run that much better under OS 8/9 than on any version of X?

Attached: images.jpg (247x204, 11K)

>this thread again
Ah yeah, the usual 27 IPs and 67 posts.

This is like asking do Pentiums (1) run better with Windows 98 or XP.

Buy a fucking banner ad already Pajeet.

Should it be limited to one post each? Doesn't seem like that would be good for conversation.

So I got a powermacG5 that play sound or show me a screen when it turns on, I ordered a GPU for it but I don't know if the graphics are the problem, how would I know if that were the issue

Fuck yeah you did, good score.
Hope you can find a new 9800 and some good drives for it.

How many supercomputers have 360s been used in?

Shit, you had pretty good luck on that lot.
I believe the dual 1.25 is the best system that can natively boot OS 9, too.

what's something useful to do with a 700mhz g4 besides hitting the dumpster?

Attached: _.jpg (1567x881, 183K)

SSH, programming, old games, watching DVDs

shitposting and

Attached: 1525269533549.png (1152x870, 129K)

Remote access, development, email, shitposting, wikipedia, Office, Adobe Suite, Mathematica, games, whatever else runs on whatever OS X or OS 9 version you have on it.

I use my 800 for all of the above. Very comfortable system to use with its movable monitor mount.

>muh apel
LMAO
Must be a sad life being a fruit cultist manchild.

Attached: 1517213560227.jpg (996x954, 299K)

madison.craigslist.org/sys/d/vintage-mac-cubes-pristine/6531864939.html

>this will cost me over 100 shekels to ship overseas

Didn't know you were overseas, check your local whatever you people use and thrift stores, g4 cubes go for way less there

The only thing dumber than a braindead mactoddler is a braindead mactoddler that spends $200+ for literal trash from 1990.

Someday you won't be 12, then you'll understand.

Someday, your balls will drop, then you'll understand.

Attached: 1522702859029.png (999x760, 482K)

t. /v/

I don't give a flying fuck about iPhones, this is a PowerPC thread.

>tfw apple was best before steve jobs returned
dem mac clones
POWER COMPUTING WAS AWESOME

Nah, is is a mactoddler manchildren circlejerk thread. iToddlers at least have the excuse of "lol wuts a computer, this was the best choice with my carrier plan", you losers literally have no excuse and are just purely felating your dead Syrian conartist.
LMAO@URLYFE

Its a slowly dying ISA/CPU. In the embedded systems world, which keeps much modern PPC alive, its very stagnant line of CPUs. There is low motivation to create new products with PPC cores because its possible there will not be new faster generations of PPC cores. ARM on the other hand is pretty much guaranteed to keep getting better performance for quite a while.

Attached: 1516321829658.jpg (2048x1536, 421K)

Nobody besides all the basement dwelling loonix shills circlejerks here

All those words for such an idiotic argument. Get a new hobby, shitposting's not your thing. Give it another shot when you're actually old enough to use this site.

Y'all niggas need to stop replying to that dipshit, he's basically just an animal that wants any kind of acknowledgement and will always pussy out of a good fight.

Let the mods BTFO him like they always do.

>12 year old mactoddler thinks he's allowed to use Jow Forums
topkek

I've been old enough to post here for years. I've been acting like it for even longer. You should try it. If you composed your posts like an adult maybe you wouldn't be called a child all the time.

NanoMIPS ISA just announced.
With RISC-V, and ARM64 we should see some interesting competition.
Can't forget POWER8/9 via Talos I/II, Via re-entering x86, (Centaur CPUs)

Intel and AMD might actually have to get their shit together and compete in the next decade.

he knows he's a child, that's why he comes here, he's not funny enough for the mainstream trolling threads but not technically competent enough for actual technology threads so he just spends most of his time on low-effort shitposting like this not unlike a lot of other newfags

just let him wallow in self pity, with no dopamine source he will know to speak when spoken to

I've been old enough to use a two button mouse for years. I've been using real computers for even longer. You should try it. If you used a real computer like an adult instead of obsessing over useless 3 decade old gay fruit toys maybe you wouldn't be called a manchild all the time.

Attached: IMG_20180502_223348.jpg (400x815, 79K)