He doesn't use trackpoint

>he doesn't use trackpoint
explain yourself Jow Forums

Attached: Dell-Latitude-E7440-10.jpg (600x450, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,palm_rests&pid=hm_prsb)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not retarded.

Yes you are.

haha pleb

Attached: 11bvm0.jpg (468x301, 41K)

How do you use it?

I use a mouse.

no u

I don't have one.
It is joystick, but not really

>using a pointer device at all

>using computer at all

But I do, user.

Attached: twingoooooo.jpg (2000x3000, 1.04M)

nice desk

Thanks, I need to get round to staining it.

It's called a clit.

my laptop doesnt have one because im not poor

mines already stained with cum

I wish my xps13 had one

I find trackpads more comfortable to use. I don't care what you or anyone else says about how fast you can operate one or how "efficient" it's supposed to be, or any of that shit. I use what works for me, not what you think I should use.

I use mine every now and then, I just use the upper button with the touchpad more.

You might be able to fit a Latitude keyboard into those.

>my laptop doesnt have one because im not poor
Only business tier laptops come with them, those laptops are often 1.5 to 2x more expensive than consumer grade laptops of similar class.

>tfw no qt.314 gf to put all my ThinkPad trackpoint experience into action.

Is not fair.

i don geddit

I do on my laptop and subnotebook. My next desktop keyboard'll have a TrackPoint, but it won't see as much use as my trackball does.

Trackpoints are for old men who fumble around pecking at the keyboard. How great of a pointing device is it if you still have to use the buttons down by the trackpad to even use it?

Can you do a one fingered window move with a trackpoint? Didn't think so.

tl;dr: get some fine motor skills pleb

Attached: durka.jpg (960x960, 298K)

I do, on my x220.

Attached: 1506009405100.jpg (476x477, 22K)

>How great of a pointing device is it if you still have to use the buttons down by the trackpad to even use it
Extremely great. My fingers don't leave the home row as that's where the TrackPoint is and the buttons are right beneath the spacebar where (you guessed it) my thumbs always are.

fpbp

I'm straight.

That was bait.

Trackpoint users get real excited about them because they feed into their bad posture and tendency to rest their palms while typing.

You're resting your palms right now aren't you? Great way to slow your typing, decrease your accuracy, and promote RSI. Bet you have an Ergodox and an Anime pillow too.

>Trackpoint users get real excited about them because they feed into their bad posture and tendency to rest their palms while typing
I just like them because they're better than trackpads.
>You're resting your palms right now aren't you?
Certainly, just got a comfy wrist rest.
>Bet you have an Ergodox and an Anime pillow too
I don't even know what an Ergodox is and I definitely don't have an anime pillow.

>Certainly, just got a comfy wrist rest.
Do yourself a favour and throw it out. They actually make things worse.

+1 for clit mouse

multitouch touchpad negates trackpoint advandages

It was more painful without it

Hold up now. palm rests are excellent for resting your hands when you're *not* typing.

I use it on my X200, and I use it on my home and work desktops.

pic related; the desktop keyboard i use

Attached: 48074.jpg (1000x675, 91K)

Dunno what you're doing wrong then, but keeping the wrists in one place and stretching with the fingers is greater strain than just moving the hands and wrists.

So is the desk, and just about anything else in reach, but palm/wrist rests tempt people to use them while typing.

I only ever use mouse when I'm playing starcraft. Clit is good for any other task, other rts games included

> multitouch touchpad negates trackpoint advandages

Macbook touchpads do. They knock everything but trackballs and high resolution mice out of the ballpark. Synaptics and Elantech have a sort of monopoly on the WInblows touchpad market and both suck hard. Even after being in the market for near 20 years, their PAINFULLY poor surface sensitivity has always been ho-hum.

Apple really engineered that shit right, SUPER sensitivity and fast response make touchpads on Macs an entirely different (and very useful) experience.

Clitpoints were IBM/Lenovo's band-aid to shitty trackpads. By themselves OR together - trackpoints and Elantech/Synaptics trackpads are a mediocre experience that Windows users continue to endure and "enjoy" out of ignorance.

Attached: cybersex.jpg (300x400, 13K)

> palm/wrist rests tempt people to use them while typing.

Will power of a fat girl in an ice cream parlor over there eh?

I have a 3-star Kobe leather palm rest (no joke they exist elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,palm_rests&pid=hm_prsb) that feels better than any desk brah.

good luck browsing the web pajeet

vi browser extensions

>Will power of a fat girl in an ice cream parlor over there eh?
Says the guy who needs a special luxury pillow for his precious hands because the desk isn't good enough.

Need? No, but they remind me of your mom brah. Get it? Your mom? EH?

Attached: 1421903509576.gif (177x150, 1.74M)

touch screen are literally better

Based.

No need to use a hindered input method when not required.

Trackpoint is great for some stuff, but the trackpad is better for some. Any laptop that doesn't have both is trash. Especially a laptop that only has the trackpad and doesn't have any separate buttons for it is trash. People who buy them are brainlets.
>grab on to something to drag it by clicking the trackpad
>start dragging
>oops, reached the end of the pad
>can't lift the finger because it stops grabbing
>wait, what do I do now?
vs.
>grab on to something to drag it by using the trackpoint
>can drag it endlessly to any direction, even if you had 20 monitors attached in a row

They cause compression injuries.

God that's amazing.
What is it?

Most of the magic of Macbook Pro trackpads is that their drivers are carefully written.
They trackpads are made by synaptics actually.

The fact that they're decently large helps a lot too. Trackpads on PC laptops always feel restrictively small in comparison.

What is that?

I once removed it to put it on a computer that I was using temporarily and when I was done with it I forgot to take it back.
I've just never gotten around to getting a replacement.

>>/lgbt/

I just find the mouse easier to use, I lack clit sensitivity in my finger.

It's a Sony Vaio, probably a model that never left Japan.

They only advantage of nipple I see is that you have an access to pointer while typing which was nice when editing a large texts since I could dash trough it while still typing, but otherwise I didn't find it that particularly useful nor I am a hardcore typist to make much use of it. I rather go a good trackpad with gestures since it helps in so many ways, Apple so far is the only company that gets them right even tho on some other notebooks trackpads went a long way from their ultra shitty form to an ok one but still OS X gesture integration and overall software for it is better. Also newest macbooks have a bigger trackpad that you can tap on anywhere so theoretically you can use your thumb to move the cursor and click while typing, shame they went full retard with keyboard.

nah, my old mbp's trackpad on windows is still better than that of my x1c6.

Too bad no one else managed to match their trackpads still, because apple notebooks have gone to shit in every other way. In the end I decided having a functional keyboard was more important so I got a thinkpad.

Vaio X505, was available internationally, won several design awards. Thinner than the MacBook air and still has more ports.

>Nothing on ebay.
Aww shucks

Attached: 9c23f7d23b0fbcd600c6f87e000ef231d8b6b1de7297340eb0907393b820fead.jpg (600x600, 57K)

They do pop up occasionally, I bought mine back in December. I just bought one broken down for spare parts from the US for about $80.

I'm going to attempt to retrofit a LED backlight into my new display.