One Of LLVM's Top Contributors Quits Development Over CoC, Outreach Program

Copying from: phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=LLVM-Rafael-Espindola
>The reason for me leaving are the changes in the community. The current license change discussions unfortunately bring to memory the fsf politics when I was working on gcc. That would still not be sufficient reason to leave. As with the code, llvm will still have the best license and if the only community change was the handling of the license change I would probably keep going.
>The community change I cannot take is how the social injustice movement has permeated it. When I joined llvm no one asked or cared about my religion or political view. We all seemed committed to just writing a good compiler framework.

How do we stop the open source community from becoming virtue signaling commies and pissing of all the engineers that just want to contribute?
Also based Rafeal.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-5-3 One Of LLVM's Top Contributors Quits Development Over CoC, Outreach Program (757x1364, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-May/122922.html
gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-05/msg00017.html
github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/graphs/contributors
nationalreview.com/2017/02/asians-face-racism-social-justice-warriors-accuse-them-privilege/
nytimes.com/2018/04/04/us/harvard-asian-admission.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>throwing autistic tantrum because you aren't eligible for an outreach program

Attached: 902.jpg (600x484, 30K)

Commies kill themselves in due time, unfortunately history repeats itself, so here now and then you'll have to through this because people are dumb.
He is also right, this is such an unnecessary stress and completely related to the product they work on.

>A program for marginalized groups
>Waaaah I'm not msrginalized enough to be eligible
lmao

It is a cycle.
The makers produce, the takers add a COC
It is about time the takers got COCblocked

Good
We don't need more toxic masculinity in our kode.

The original post:
lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-May/122922.html
this is his last paragraph:

>The last drop was llvm associating itself with an organization that
openly discriminates based on sex and ancestry (1,2). This goes
directly against my ethical views and I think I must leave the project
to not be associated with this.

I agree with him, the irony is that they think they can eliminate discrimination with discrimination. Fucking retarded logic.

Someone bring the hackenews and reddit thread. Should be good.

Attached: 1497747368403.png (512x384, 13K)

>black person gets a pitybux scholarship in 2017
>spergs out and ragequits community
What a fucking idiot

Policy contributions is only accepted from people that actually contributed a significant amount of code or engineering to the project. The contributions receive weights based on how hard they are. Code refactoring and other code monkeinesses have weight zero.
Code of conduct or policy changes with the goal of making the project more inclusive to a certain group of people have to come from a proven member of said group.

>implying there was an argument
not quite up to date with the fallacies I see
>standing up against discrimination is bad
Stop being retarded, open source projects should treat everyone based on their contribution and not wheter they have a vagina or a dude is so delusional that he cut his dick off and now wants to have special recognition. Fuck that, I'm happy that Linus is head of maintaining Linux and don't have that problem in the kernel. Linus knows how to run an open source project properly. He can call you fucking retard without hesitation.

This sjw cancer is eating away multiple projects: Mozilla (but finally a cis white male lead dev again, explains the performance increase), gnome (almost went bust over it), FreeBSD, now LLVM.

Wtf guys

From the mailing list
>You know, to this day I have never been able to bring myself to inform employers that I'm gay. The humiliation is just too much. It used to be that people hid homosexuality so they wouldn't get fired. Why should I have to disclose personal information just to satisfy some dumb diversity
bureaucrat?

>For most of my 20s I was told I was a worthless over-privileged white male who deserved the discrimination (as in, total exclusion from paid employment) I faced in the labor market. Often from people who had high incomes. People don't know what it's like to live in that sort of fear, to wonder if next year you'll be living on the street or as a prostitute, just for being born to the wrong ethnic group.

>There are 200 million "white" people in America and, what, twice that number in Europe? How many "white" ethnic groups are there? I mean, in some places Chinese, Korean and Japanese are now "white" ethnicities. What kind of idiot thinks hundreds of millions of highly diverse people (ethnically, religiously, culturally) can all be unfairly privileged at once? There's something disgustingly racist about the idea that white people are so awesome as to never have conflicts with each other.

kek next email:

Hi Joe,

> You know,

Actually, I don't, and this list is not a place to talk about it.

If you have a technical contribution to the project, no matter who
you are or where you come from, I'm happy to see you post it; and
so is everyone else on the list.

Thanks,
--paulr

On a related note, GCC 8.1 was just released
gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-05/msg00017.html

Wait for the free market to catch up. It really is that simple.

the sjw faggots that run hn have censored it

Attached: file.png (1338x214, 50K)

who would have thought that a communistic software development movement would have attracted the sjw parasite

based

no tears shed for a whiteboi
bye bye fuckstick
don't let the door hit you on the way out~

Hi pajeet!

>entitled crybabies make a huge fuzz about leaving a voluntary project
Nothing to see here.

holy fuck, didn't know hackernews was such a shithole

they censor discussion of anything sjw related (that runs against the narrative)

this is all bait right? There aren't really anons that browse this board that think this way, right?

he's right

sjws have no leg to stand on where actual work is being done

it is bait

>6
kill yourself, you pathetic sunbleached piece of shit
you're a dying species anyway, so do the world a favor and end your entire genetic branch
the world could use one entitled waste of space like you

No, I'm being sincere. Contributors with strong opinions getting upset over other people in the project with other strong opinions has to the most autistic thing I've seen all day.

Seriously, wow that's disappointing. Used to browse it on my phone back in the day, whenever I had nothing to do. Used to be really impressed at technical discussion and the bunch of interesting posts. Never was aware that it had this cancer as moderation.

What is this about a license change for LLVM?

well everyone else in the project will miss his contributions so gg faggot

>implying entitled
Shit code is shit code whether its author is White, Nigger, Pajeet, Chink, Gook, Kike or Eskimo. Shit code is shit code.

>Sanjay Patel
Sounds like a quality project.

>well everyone else in the project will miss his contributions
And? The whole project is based on voluntary participation. This shit happens all the time in open sores development, why the fuck do you think there are two gorrillean forks of BSD?

and its yet another example of toxic sjw policies destroying a well functioning system

how much more proof do you need to know sjw garbage is cancer

>gorrillean

Attached: dunce47.jpg (601x508, 60K)

>toxic sjw policies
No, it's about sperging out over politics, which has always been an integral part of the free software movement, see the FSF fanaticism. It's outright communism, why would you be surprised that there are cultural marxists in the crowd when you hang out with literal communists all day?

It's fucking retarded.

The only toxic policy in place is the continued self-fueling self-importance of white contributors who think they're vital to a project's existence because they edited a few lines of code every single day.
Fuck off and kill yourself

well if nobody else is contributing and the project needs to be worked then they by definition are vital to the project's existence

check your nigger privilege, it doesn't matter when work needs doing

>autistic
He's not autistic he just isn't a passive bitch that lets a project go to shit. They changed the CoC , it wasn't just a strong opinion it now is the CoC. They're forcing their opinion down every bodies throat and trying to forcefully force the community in a certain way. This is not how you maintain a good community. That's the reason most of us are here, all the normalfaggotry sites like reddit, facebook, twitter, etc. are extremely sensitive and quick to censor. Open source depends on community, if the community turn in le downvote, drama and bans then it will go to shit.

Race Relations 101 (Spoiler, they're both white)

>jews are white

>if nobody else is contributing
Doubt that's a realistic problem desu senpai.

github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/graphs/contributors

>They changed the CoC
And what exact change is he sperging out over? Nobody ITT has even indicated what it is, except startet screaming about muh sjw boogeyman.

>That's the reason most of us are here
This board should not be your measure of reality, 90% of it can't even implement a working fizzbuzz for fuck's sake.

why should I care about llvm trash when I can just use microsoft visual studio

>This shit happens all the time in open sores development
because developing a compiler is easy and pretty much anyone with a keyboard and a computer at hands can do it.
Dude was a solid contributor for 12 years and kept working on the project no matter what happend in his life, he became one of the most important developer and now you expect them to somehow find some black woman or whatever is not white male to come out and take things over?
This is madness and will not happen.
LLVM won't disappear as some companies have financial interests in it but that's about it.
>why the fuck do you think there are two gorrillean forks of BSD?
How many of these are considered solid enough to be used in multi-billions projects?
How many of them receive financial support from NGOs, governments and companies?
How many of them have company-hired developers working full time on it?

>jews are a legitimate race and not merely a cultish religion, thus jews have an inherent right to a nationalist ethnostate

They are like a cancer, they just keep spreading until they infect everything. Helicopter rides are the only solution.

Attached: 1525133662011.png (640x703, 369K)

>gib me gibs because I have more pigment and lack a peepee
Your the one acting entitled retard. Why should you be treated different than white males?
Instead of being competitive you ask for handouts, pathetic

>Why should you be treated different than white males
>white males
as if it isn't the asian males that are discriminated against the most, anyway. this fixation upon white males is just a canard and overlooks this inconvenient fact

>Dude was a solid contributor for 12 years and kept working on the project no matter what happend in his life
And now he doesn't want to contribute anymore. Get over it, he doesn't owe you anything.

>LLVM won't disappear as some companies have financial interests in it but that's about it.
And that's exactly why it won't get destroyed by the SJW boogey man either.

>How many of these are considered solid enough to be used in multi-billions projects?
About five of them, most notedly FreeBSD being used on embedded platforms such as the PS4 and on Netflix' servers.

>How many of them receive financial support from NGOs, governments and companies?
About five of them.

>How many of them have company-hired developers working full time on it?
About seven of them.

>as if it isn't the asian males that are discriminated against the most
Fuck of Pajeet, nobody cares about your opinion.

>outreachy finally gets a chance to turn in some worthwhile code to a good project
>dude screeches autistically because of womyn
What

They're partnering up with outreachy.org

Attached: tapia-2016-lidza-tony-jessica-sarah.original.jpg (1019x492, 86K)

And how is this somehow equivalent to the political shitfest he describes in the image posted in OP?

not an argument faggot

Being upset about being called a street shitter is not an argument either, street shitter.

name one

>This board should not be your measure of reality, 90% of it can't even implement a working fizzbuzz for fuck's sake.
Jow Forums btfo

Name one what, Pajeet?

That's not how it works you retarded fucksticks. It's marked "flagged" because nobody wants to get into an SJW pissing match on HN and enough people flagged the story. It's automatic. Nothing ever good came from those pissing matches.

>as if it isn't the asian males that are discriminated against the most
name one

nationalreview.com/2017/02/asians-face-racism-social-justice-warriors-accuse-them-privilege/

An actively sexist program based on a misguided view of the world, and a set of oppressive speech codes seem like perfectly decent reasons to part ways with the project. National speech codes are a major reason why I'm emigrating from my home country.

The problem with repressive codes of conduct is that they can be represented as "reasonable" and "something no decent person would disagree with", while repressing people severely. The scale of consequences for the most minor of missteps, as judged by your accusers, make most codes of conduct rather chilling. I know I actively avoid investing time in projects with strict codes of conduct, because people who contribute basically nothing can get you booted from a community you worked hard to create, just by feeling offended. Some codes even include restrictions on your public communications outside the project.

Even if you're capable of adhering to the code of conduct, it has an effect on your relationship to a project. It tells you that politics is more important than achieving the technical goals. This sort of politicking has already severely impacted the NodeJS upstream.

There also seems to be this idea going around that there's an underutilized population of enthusiastic, experienced female software developers (or talented aspiring developers) whose only barrier to success is sexism; I'd like to see just one shred of evidence that this is the case, and not just some academic/HR department fantasy. To me it seems like the goal of discriminating against 90% of the talent pool directly contradicts the goals of a software development project: to produce and maintain a high quality solution to a set of technical problems.

tl;dr SJWs think asians are privileged because they do good in school

I'm not reading your autistic wall of text. An outreach program is not an sexist oppressive regime, you fucking edgelord.

Outreachy now discriminates against white woman, not letting them participate, effectively turning into a racist program.
Main LLVM dev who is against racism sees this and decides to quit.

SJW's brains shortcircuit because their logic is used against them.

Nice blog, doesn't change anything I said.

Read it fucker, it's not that long.

I've read it, and his premise is wrong, leading to an incoherent rambling based on a false premise. It's literal trash.

No one gives a fuck that you can't call black people niggers, Rodney

as if dang doesnt have a kill switch for threads he dislikes

nytimes.com/2018/04/04/us/harvard-asian-admission.html

>dude screeches autistically because of womyn
No, he quits because Outreachy is not about all women, just some. So on top of being technically sexist, it's effectively racist.

not an argument faggot

ITT facts vs feelings

>quits because no white qt3.14 coder gf using your lap as a footstand while programming wearing nothing but programming socks
I can related to his pain.

In a free and advanced society, discrimination based on anything except competence is an absolute injustice. For things like code development, you shouldn't even know the gender, sexual orientation, or ethnicity of a person.

As Rafael states so eloquently in his leaving message:
>When I joined llvm no one asked or cared about my religion or political view.
We have to stop pandering to the insane people that systematically try to divide and dominate/infect us by playing identity politics.

>an outreach program is not oppressive, stop pretending
>Y-YES I-I-IT IS, IF YOU DISAGREE THAT'S NOT AN ARGUMENT!
Who's talking about feelings?

And ironically, he's quitting because he is making a huge fuzz about his political views.

And this comes as a huge blow to outreachy and the program will cease to forever exist. Okay. Let me run some facts by you:
>Outreachy will not go away
>it will get .oney poured into by all the companies that want cheap instant good PR
>so far it only produced maybe 3 projects worth shit
>someone signs llvm which is actually useful project and the participation will probably finally yield something useful out of that shit
>autistic screeching

He does, but they don't show flagged. I personally flag those every time I see them, and my acount's old enough that it usually kills the story on its own every time.

what fuzz? he just send a goodbye and left.

I (wrongly) assumed the article was written by him as well. You are right.

Have you not read beyond the second paragraph

>see the FSF fanaticism. It's outright communism, why would you be surprised that there are cultural marxists in the crowd when you hang out with literal communists all day?
This

what does it show when he's killed it?

I've checked the mailing list. He just send one mail and that's it.

There's no need for a CoC in programming projects.
There's no need to bring gender politics into programming projects.

Why not bring good quality, competent programmers who haven't been picked off the street because of their discrimination tally and... program.

Programming is what it's about. Diversity comes naturally, we don't need to force it. People constantly confuse natural diversity and forced "diversity".
Forced diversity is the same as discrimination. Which is bad.

We can strive to do better, and improve ourselves. It doesn't matter what people look like or the colour of their skin, just the quality of what they write.

because sjws can't help but to bring their cancer into everything

Not making a fuss would be "I have decided to quit because of incompatible opinions and not agreeing with the projects vision", not wall of text about muh raysism, muh politix, muh injustice and let me remind you how mycch work I've done for you faggots so the media can make a juicy headline!

It was two paragraphs that addressed the reason that he left, the rest was just filler. How is that a wall of text? Shouldn't he provide a reason for why he's leaving?

There's a difference between providing a reason and making whole paragraphs worded in a way to make a "fuck you" statement indltended to be picked up by news

>Somewhat recently a code of conduct was adopted.
Where in the mailing list is this discussed?
It will be interesting to see if he raised any concerns then and how others devs reacted to it.

You're the one making a fuzz about it not him. He voiced his opinion clearly and left. He didn't say fuck you he didn't do it for news, he was just being honest.
What the fuck is wrong with that?
Ofcourse the community will pick it up, whether he left for political, health or random reasons. He's an important contributor.

as if the average person can appear to be anything but in favor of SJW culture with their public persona in the current tech political climate
on par with how communists were treated during the 1950s

I think its worded very obviously to incite discussion against what he doesn't like. Again, there's plenty of ways to say goodbye without dragging your shit into it.

>Rafael Avila de Espindola
>white

You don't discuss adding a code of conduct, you just implement one.

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD HE FUCKING WORD POLICE WHEN HE'S FUCKING LEAVING, HE'S FUCKING LEAVING! HE COULD'VE SAID GAS THE JEWS IN THE END AND IT WOULDN'T FUCKING MATTER. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT HE'S RIGHT AND THAT BRINGING IDENTITY POLITICS (OR ANY OTHER KIND OF POLITICS) INTO A COMMUNITY PROJECT IS NEVER A GOOD IDEA.
STOP BEING RETARDED PLEASE.

>visual studio
Doesn't support avr