Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

=== /News/:
>The Teens Who Hacked Microsoft's Videogame Empire—And Went Too Far
wired.com/story/xbox-underground-videogame-hackers/

>Vulnerabilities in Banking-Related Web Applications Highlight Significance of Secure DevOps
trendmicro.com/vinfo/us/security/news/vulnerabilities-and-exploits/vulnerabilities-in-banking-related-web-applications-highlight-significance-of-secure-devops

>'It's a hacker's paradise out there'
bbc.com/news/business-43879931?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.com/news/topics/cz4pr2gd85qt/cyber-security&link_location=live-reporting-story

>Create your own Private Botnet with ProxyDock!
0x00sec.org/t/create-your-own-private-botnet-with-proxydock/5917

>DIY Portable Secrets Manager With a Raspberry Pi Zero and ARC
evilsocket.net/2017/12/07/DIY-Portable-Secrets-Manager-with-a-RPI-Zero-and-the-ARC-Project/

>Create your own cryptocurrency!
crapcoin.solutions/

Attached: jason-goldwine-cyberpunk-room.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04
sports.yahoo.com/nike-patent-could-athletic-wear-171136393.html?guccounter=1
tindie.com/products/Russtopia/pss-mark-ii-password-generatorrecall-key-fob/
weburbanist.com/2016/11/28/how-to-be-invisible-15-anti-surveillance-designs-installations/
pastebin.com/raw/T8TeepZP
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_product_types
coredumpproject.tumblr.com/tagged/Corepunk
wall.alphacoders.com/by_sub_category.php?id=193061&name=Programming Wallpapers
telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/04/24/schools-removing-analogue-clocks-exam-halls-teenagers-unable/
edition.cnn.com/style/article/opod-tube-home-hong-kong/index.html
github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/SECURITY.md
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/270716/configure-bind-as-forwarder-only-no-root-hints-encrypted-rpz-blacklist-wh/270796#270796
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do you make yourself more high tech and low life? Is megacorp wageslaving ever acceptable? How do we put more punk in cyberpunk?

I want to live in Shenzhen, just close to Huaqiangbei. So I could go out early in the morning to look around the electronic markets.
Shenzhen is a truly cyberpunk place.

Attached: f4e2vqv624m01.jpg (852x480, 89K)

Yeah, complete with dystopian recycled foot mixed with human feces. youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04

Well if it's not like you get what you pay for. Usually those small scummy booths use those but more respected places wouldn't put a gambit on their reputation and business.

Someone beat me too it. Guess we'll update the OP next time.

include the /cyb/ + /sec/ next time

>How do you make yourself more high tech and low life?
startup, work from home.
>Is megacorp wageslaving ever acceptable?
currently it's probably not feasible if you want to be a low life.
>How do we put more punk in cyberpunk?
it will continue as jobs continue to go remote.

at that point all you need is to have a knack, drive, will, and desire for the trade.

I just got done making a single-page stateless websocket chat. no storage or anything so if you leave or refresh it's all gone. no auth, no users, no anything though. anybody can hit it and just say whatever to whoever is listening. going to do some stuff to make people able to hack the shit out of the page, allowing for people to fuck with the templating, or just break it etc. (or just use it to chat i guess lol)

>I want to live in Shenzhen
The level of air pollution is mindblowing.

Also a link back to last thread (and archive) would be nice.

Just got done writing my own ecryption in C. Actually did a pretty nice job if you ask me.

... which would be >

cool
how did you learn

=== /cyb/ News:

The world of Eudeamon related to membrane thin clothing which typically is to hot and sweaty or too cold. Lack of temperature control might have been overcome:

>A Nike patent could have your athletic wear looking like Iron Man’s suit
sports.yahoo.com/nike-patent-could-athletic-wear-171136393.html?guccounter=1
>Fitness apparel companies have struggled for years to find ways to help outdoor athletes maintain a constant core temperature in both hot and cold temperatures. By keeping their core temperature at a consistent level, performance is improved over longer distances and extended periods of time, but changing weather conditions can make that a challenge. Now, Nike has received a patent on a high-tech approach to overcoming this problem, potentially creating an entirely new category of workout clothing.
Problem statement is OK; but how is it done?

>But in a nutshell, the patent filing shares how Nike would use a thermoelectric module (TEM) to provide warmth to an article of clothing. A TEM is a solid-state heat pump that can be used to transfer heat from a warm location to a cooler one, thereby maintaining a constant temperature at all times. According to the patent, the polarity of the electrical supply to the TEM can be reversed to provide cooler temperatures instead.
That will take a lot of electrical power to do.

The article is wrong in at least one way: it is a patent application, not a granted patent. The idea might have its use if the power requirements can be kept low.

>How do you make yourself more high tech and low life?
Why would you even want to make yourself "low life"? As for high tech you need to study and experiment, it is still a lot of hard work.

I've got a default installation of OpenVPN running on a vps, the client is leaking DNS. How do I stop it leaking, there is barely any information about this on google. You'd think it'd just werk straight out of the box, but nope.

firewall all but the openvpn traffic on your normal interface and point your dns and default route through the tunnel

/sec/ question.

what hardware should be used to feel unbloated?
(cpu, notebooks, phones etc.)

Is it cyberpunk to be an electrician? I wanna jump into the career since office jobs are cancer and anything like bricklaying would kill me. Anyone got any experiences?

How do I avoid facial recognition in surveillance cameras?

Absolutely. Would give you the know-how to fashion together DIY devices and other things. Highly useful.

You have no clue about living in mainland China. Chinese are the most scummy people you can work with.

urme mask is your best option since you can wear it in public without looking suspicious

A device direct from the manufacturer that can be rooted.

thinking about buying a p@ss as a password generator and storage of passwords, obviously would add a random word and number to the end, but means I can easily use different passwords for every site without having to remember anything
tindie.com/products/Russtopia/pss-mark-ii-password-generatorrecall-key-fob/

Attached: 2016-08-23T20%3A04%3A02.919Z-PIXELIZED_IMG_20150821_122449_Sophia_Vignette_Blackten.jpg (653x435, 63K)

Can you fuckers always remember to post the subject?

>writing my own ecryption
This is generally considered bad, because unless you have a high grasp of maths and algos, you're going to fuck up. BUT it's terribly good for learning how stuff works, so good for you. What's it like ? Symmetric or asymmetric ?

this is just for fun, but still some ideas are good
>weburbanist.com/2016/11/28/how-to-be-invisible-15-anti-surveillance-designs-installations/

Too bad most of these look ridiculous.

If you write your own encryption and you are the only one who knows the algorithm used during encryption wouldn't it be impossible to crack it as no one else knows the encryption algorithm they cannot decrypt it. Or does it not work like that I don't know but that would be my thinking

Just use:

[DomainName]+[dot]+[FixedPassword]+[FixedNumber]

so if you go to google you use: google.pippo88

if you go to netflix: netflix.pippo88
if u go to 4chin: 4chin.pippo88

so even if they hack anyone of the they can't bruteforce the login of the others.

>google.pippo88
if someone got this password they would know my facebook one is facebook.pippo88

you could run it through md5sum or whatever too

seems like more effort than the keychain desu, and I'd either need to enter my password into online md5 hashers or only be able to access my password on computers that can hash locally

Those Chinese electronics bazaars are cool as heck. Even has the cyberpunk touch of being in the country with the most robust and invasive surveillance/censorship system in the world.

when they hack a db the hacker use a bot to try to login to facebook, google, etc they never even read the content of the user:pass combo since they go in the order of million.

I'm more worried about active attacks not automated

Why? Are you someone important? Have you gotten on the wrong side of the gubment?

host a lot of servers and pretty involved in the infosec community, not anyone important or anything just better safe than sorry

>without looking suspicious

Hahahaha dude you'll look so fuckin stupid

Attached: download.jpg (1000x714, 237K)

I meant compared to a fucking balaclava, the only give on that mask is the eyes at a distance it wouldn't be very noticeable

hopefully working on something a bit useful.

Attached: projekt2018.jpg (2670x2090, 926K)

Been wondering what Browsers and other programs you'd use to fit a "cyberpunk" lifestyle.

Most applications I've seen are full of holes or scan for too much data. I'd imagine you'd have to find decent open-source variations instead, but I'm unsure.

>Been wondering what Browsers and other programs you'd use to fit a "cyberpunk" lifestyle.

depends what your level of comfort is. I like surf because everything is compiled in. no plugins, dependencies (outside x11) to leave an attack surface. you could also look at something like lynx/links/w3m for textual browsing that renders no JS, and can exclude tracking images.

from a while ago (links)

Attached: puter.jpg (768x1024, 227K)

Some fucker put the whole fucking DVD's Analyst Cookbook in the third folder of books, increasing its size in almost 1GB.

Attached: ree.png (590x320, 29K)

Use old hardware, from the era before backdoors were made secretly mandatory.

I have a HP PA-RISC server.

...how do you think the RNG hardware on those mobos got accreditation for being secure?

In the pastebins somewhere there is a guide to locking down Firefox. It is 100% the best bet.

Found it

>pastebin.com/raw/T8TeepZP

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_product_types

SHA-1, and EC were proffered by the NSA, and hardware implementing these must meet one of the NSA's product types. I'm using those two as an example here but the accreditation is pervasive across many enc types. Even if your machine is so old it doesn't have EC hardware, it probably has hardware for something else that got it's accreditation through the NSA. Thinking that any vendor is exempt is foolish. You live in their world, not the other way around.

Completely false. Security by obscurity (in this case poorly done, self made encryption) is not security.

any of you lads familiar with open dime? they're basically cred sticks, considered stockpiling but the fact they can only store bitcoin is putting me off since it's very volatile and I'd be putting all my eggs in one basket, basically open dime is a hardware wallet that you can pump money into but only withdraw once and it has physical markers to show if moneys been withdrawn, also allows you to check your balance

>not wanting the full dystopic experience

Thank you.

dank, thanks user

whats some cool cyberpunkish stuff I can buy

coredumpproject.tumblr.com/tagged/Corepunk

sry not rly buy but make.

Also check out 8ch net/cyber there's usually posts on there about clothing and gadgets and shit

Any cool programming wallpapers?

mein nigga
wall.alphacoders.com/by_sub_category.php?id=193061&name=Programming Wallpapers

could always rig a ballcap with IR LED's, only the cameras pick up the infra-red so it looks generally normal to people, but your face on the camera is a mess of light

Wear a hat and surgical mask. I mean that's what I do cause I live in Taiwan and everyone wears surgical masks here.

Better off being in Tokyo and living in Akihabara.

Far less polution and fewer dead tech employees on the roads.

that was me. I just grabbed everything humblebundle had to offer at that time

bumpe

Doing the nets work son.

Bored NEET programmer here. Is there something you would want that doesn't exist?

Hope.

Which basically is reduced to AGI. So that's what I'm working on, not with much success obviously.

/w/ -> /Traps/

Indexer for our collected information.

Good knowledge management software.

DNSCrypt lol

>he hosts a VPN on a VPS

Is it in a secure location at least? You might be better off buying a VPN hosted and registered offshore.

=== /cyb/ News?

Cyberpunk is many things, much involving knowledge and skills. So how are the millennials and Gen Z doing?

>Schools are removing analogue clocks from exam halls as teenagers 'cannot tell the time'
telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/04/24/schools-removing-analogue-clocks-exam-halls-teenagers-unable/
>Teachers are now installing digital devices after pupils sitting their GCSE and A-level exams complained that they were struggling to read the correct time on an analogue clock.

Not well, evidently. Will /cyb/ come to an end due to imploding skills?

Why? It's a sign that we're living in the cyberpunk feature.
Digital clocks embedded in your eyes soon.

>Being constantly remained that you're procrastinating.
How depressing user.

=== /cyb/ News:

Buried shipping containers are yesteryear's trope.

>Are these tube homes the answer to Hong Kong's housing problem?
edition.cnn.com/style/article/opod-tube-home-hong-kong/index.html
>Imagine life inside a concrete water pipe, complete with all the mod-cons of a cozy home and plenty of natural light to boot. This type of micro home is exactly what Hong Kong-based architectural firm James Law Cybertecture has invented.

Japan is known for the capsule hotels, here people in HK can enjoy tubular living.

>teenagers 'cannot tell the time'
I remember this coming up like 20 yrs ago. The only difference is there was way less faggotry in our world to actually replace the clocks. Children were actually taught how to read a fucking clock.
Forced inclusivity is ruining it all.

To me this is a sign of lacking comprehension. Both /cyb/ and /sec/ relies on understanding new things. Failing to understand an analogue clock is a really bad sign.

>Forced inclusivity is ruining it all.
That too is a problem in our times.

Rather quiet today. Let's have some art.

Attached: anton-churunov-16-8-dop-2.jpg (1195x1600, 427K)

>Bandit 24
>Make a script in /tmp/ to generate a list
>Can't run because of permissions
Hang on a second... What?
Did I miss something?

Working on making my IMac G3 ready for service. Gonna be my main machine; it's as safe as it gets, giving the whole spectre and meltdown drama.

ok

Attached: 1414373792968-0.jpg (948x627, 70K)

Attached: 1414373792968-1.jpg (1600x1200, 427K)

Attached: 1414438732506-4.png (962x865, 730K)

Attached: 1414375003618-1.jpg (900x1412, 295K)

Attached: 1414375858934-2.jpg (901x1200, 1.3M)

Chinese people are rats anyway. Into the sewers with you lot.

Attached: 1414374732955-1.gif (800x600, 174K)

Stop posting grimes

Honeycomb would be more energy efficient.

Attached: 1492268531059.jpg (2241x2569, 1.53M)

Is blockchain considered cybersec software?

Not really. Cybersec usually involves securing networks from attacks.

The difference is now the teachers are young enough to have grown up with digital clocks and prefer them.

Can we have a link to the guides github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/SECURITY.md

Check this unix.stackexchange.com/questions/270716/configure-bind-as-forwarder-only-no-root-hints-encrypted-rpz-blacklist-wh/270796#270796
As always follow

since you have an experience with them, do you prefer pajeet or chinese to work with?