Yfw apple cucking is a neverending ride

>yfw apple cucking is a neverending ride
gizmodo.com/want-your-iphone-battery-replaced-apple-will-stick-you-1825733709

Attached: Screenshot-2018-5-3 Gizmodo - We come from the future .png (786x465, 120K)

Just reading the Apple apologists comments makes my blood boil.
>Well yes. If you show up with a cracked screen then they will insist that the screen has to be repaired first(or along with the battery replacement). And while you’re there, you might as well get them to fix the home button, the volume buttons that have gone soft, and anything else that needs to be fixed.
>This is not like fixing a car, where they fix what you request for them to fix, and they need your permission to fix anything else they find along the way or through an inspection. You can decline to replace that leaky radiator, spark plugs, or whatever else you just don’t want to fix right now.
>This is Apple, and it’s in their best interest to, when you hand them your iPhone, that they return it to you in the condition that their standards deem.

>For iPhone owners looking to get your battery replaced
why are fucking apple cucks looking to replace MY batteries? the absolute state of mactoddlers...

>this isn't a car, which transports you at a high rate of speed, where you can just decline to fix components because it's your own goddamn property
>this is a cell phone! it's serious business!

can't be real, that sounds like a troll bait

People are actually defending this shit, fucking how? They can't all be iShills.

I'm pretty sure that first comment was sarcastic.

Don't be so sure, read the rest of that guy's comments. He's either a very dedicated troll or the real deal.

I somewhat agree with the screen if you have a cracked one.
To replace the battery the screen must be removed, and it's unlikely they can keep all the pieces together in doing so. People would definitely complain if they were slicing their thumb on sharp edges of glass now that bits of it had come free thanks to removing it from the housing.
But if they're looking for things to replace then that's just gouging.

In fact, the front glass on your phone is pretty much what is supporting the display underneath. If the front glass is shattered it may be near impossible to remove it without damaging the underlying display.

>to replace the battery the screen must be removed
this is apple's problem then the only unusable component is the battery its not the user's fault they designed it so poorly that replacing a battery requires replacing the glass housing

Yup.
What do you want me to say? Apple definitely should not do the repair without informing the user first about it so they can choose not to have it done but it has to be done.

so besides a cracked screen there's nothing else that they have listed to "impede repairs" during battery replacement. a shit load of iphone users have cracked screens so it shouldn't have taken this long to become a one paragraph story. this should be common sense that you can't just remove broken glass like the iphone screen and put it back.

>it's not just the screens, they do other unsolicited "repairs" too
>they do it without asking for owner's consent
fuck off apple shill

After years and years of inexcusable shit and mediocre (at best) hard- and software, I can only imagine that using their products produce some sort of radiation or screen flickering or whatever, which brainwashes their users. However I've had to use their stuff for two years now and I despise them more than I ever have. Must not work with me

Icucks will defend this.

if you pay >$500 for a phone you should take your investment seriously

>>they do it without asking for owner's consent
Not entirely sure if that is the case.
Part of the article seems to imply it, but then there's this
>Another iPhone owner reported being quoted a charge of 10 times the amount of the battery repair in order to replace a faulty microphone and speaker. Instead of going through with the fix, the customer asked for the device back ...
So it clearly wasn't done without the owner's consent.
The previous paragraph about receiving a bill for screen repair could also have been before they went through with the repair. It isn't specific.
It is entirely possible that the people go through with the repairs, knowing about the repair fees, and then just complain afterward.

Who cares? icucks just line up to buy the next shit anyways. Literally a popularity contest and I'm too old to give a fuck about that

if i requested only a replacement battery, and they tried to charge me for other shit as well, i'd tell them to shove it up their ass

They'd probably like that desu.

kek

Fair enough.
They'd also return your phone without charge, because that is their policy.