Cancerous UX

Attached: gimp.png (300x224, 34K)

What do you do when a website is better than your piece of shit software?

psdfiddle.com

Attached: RIP.jpg (1600x534, 266K)

>cancerous UserPost

looks pretty average to me

Attached: GIMP.png (1428x916, 172K)

IBM/Lotus Notes
Keepass
Remmina

move the options from the bottom left to the right
(re)move the options from the bottom right to the top right
leave top left as is or switch non single window mode

Attached: 2000px-Apple_logo_black.svg.png (2000x2000, 37K)

I agree. It looks so horribly outdated. They're porting it to GTK3 though, right? I hope they give it an overhaul and conform to the GNOME human interface guidelines. It would be really great to have it as a native GNOME app.

You mean UI?

Eh dunno, it's not as bad nowadays as it used to be

a lot of GIMP's worst UI issues were fixed years ago, particularly because of single-window mode
there's a handful of dumb things still (the default keybindings are fucking awful, several common actions require you to press shift for no good reason; there's a way to draw common shapes easily in GIMP, too bad it has an entirely different interface than the rest of the program, thanks gfig)

but most of GIMP's issues stem from lack of certain basic features (hey, wanna apply a filter to several layers? or really, move multiple layers around? get fucked, do it slowly and manually) rather than a particularly poor interface

pls no

>I hope
>GNOME human interface
> really great
>native GNOME app.
Please no. I like it to have functionality outside GNOME/SystemD shit

I use keepass daily and holy shit it's bad

People like you are in the minority. GNOME is the standard Linux desktop, shipped by all the major distros. Your niche things are cool toys, but GNOME is the only OS that really matters. You're allowed your opinion, and I wouldn't mind optional support for whatever platform you're running, but it makes the most sense for it to fit in with the Linux desktop as a native GNOME app.

*pulls you closer*
*puts hand over side of mouth so others dont hear*
*whispers softly*
It's free software!

the GIMP is only disliked by grumpy people who wasted time learning photoshop

The entirety of macOS, desu cumpai.
I don't mean the look, I mean the feel and how the operating system and programs operate.

i.e. make it exactly like Photoshop? Quench your baby duck syndrome, you fuck.

>GNOME is the standard
>Linux desktop
>the only OS that really matters
And that's when you know that Linux is turning to shit.

Main strength and selling point is diversity and choice. But fuckers like the GNOME foundation try really hard to take it away, constantly crippling GTK+3 and other tools.

>it makes the most sense for it to fit in with the Linux desktop as a native GNOME app.
You sound like a GNOME developer.
It makes sense to fucking work and be portable and not to be tied to some shady practices.

i have no idea what Photoshop is or does sorry

Like I said, I don't mind optional support for niche platforms. But it just makes sense to focus on the major, mainstream platform that everybody uses. GNOME is the standard on Linux. Cross-platform software is nice, but I think you underestimate the amount of work that's required to achieve that. Most cross-platform applications end up making a lot of compromises which sacrifice the quality of the application. Look at native GNOME apps and compare them to random Qt programs. The GNOME ones have much more polish, much higher quality, and are clearly consistent and integrated with the system. They feel native. That native feel is very important.

>tfw the GNOME team really believes this
it's actually amazing how fucking awful the GNOME 3 applications are

>They feel native. That native feel is very important.
see, that's one of the biggest issues I've got with GNOME shit
GNOME 3 applications feel extremely non-native, even in an otherwise all GTK3 environment

I'm almost certain you are affiliated with GNOME.

First of all, GNOME is not an OS. It's a sub-par DE at best.
Second, what the fuck are you talking about when you say "cross platform"? Linux is one platform and it does not matter what DE you use.
Third, it already uses GTK+2 and looks great in any environment that has a decent theme. And GNOME has NOTHING to do with that.

Making it look like it's part of GNOME will only make it shittier.

>That native feel is very important.
If you like it.
Want something to be GNOME-native put some work in it like KDE developers and not just try to grab normal projects and pretending they have anything to do with you.

>GNOME is the standard Linux desktop
I know you keep saying that but it's not really true, there's no single "default" or "standard" Linux desktop. There's a multitude of choices, with GNOME and KDE Plasma being the two most popular ones.

GNOME applications are designed for GNOME. You wouldn't expect KDE applications to be native outside of KDE either.

>Linux is one platform and it does not matter what DE you use.
The different DEs (GNOME, Pantheon, etc.) are their own platforms with their own HIGs. What looks native on one will not look native on another.
>Want something to be GNOME-native put some work in it like KDE developers
KDE developers just do their own thing in their own little bubble away from everyone else. No offense to them, but they could disappear tomorrow and nothing would change. All of the major development on Linux is being driven by GNOME developers, so it's very disrespectful that you suggest they don't put in work. Wayland, Flatpak, PipeWire, etc. are thanks to GNOME developers.
>not just try to grab normal projects and pretending they have anything to do with you.
They are using GTK, so I would hope that they are a GNOME app...

>You wouldn't expect KDE applications to be native outside of KDE either.
Actually, I would. Every GTK+2 app looks fitting with other GTK+2 app. Same with GTK+3. Except Gnome.

If I use Qt app, I wouldn't be able to differentiate between KDE app and just some Qt app. With Gnome it's apparent.

And that's a very bad thing. But then again, I guess nobody except Gnome devs really finds the design appealing so that happens.

>The different DEs (GNOME, Pantheon, etc.) are their own platforms with their own HIGs
That in no way changes that Gnome is not an OS or that Linux is one platform.
Also, GTK+ apps look pretty close to native in KDE with themes that support both.

Once again, Gnome is at best just another DE with developers in their strange bubble.
There is no "default" in the world of Linux's environments.

>they could disappear tomorrow and nothing would change
I could say almost the same thing about Gnome.
The difference is I think it would be great if they disappear.
Maybe then someone who is not bent on crippling GTK+ would pick it up.

>KDE developers just do their own thing in their own little bubble away from everyone else.
Oh, the irony.

>They are using GTK, so I would hope that they are a GNOME app...
GTK+ is not Gnome. GTK+ is Gimp.
GTK+3 might be called Gnome, but then again, many would call it shit.

Stop trying to appropriate stuff.

Photoshop 7.0 in wine is the patrician choice.

>They are using GTK, so I would hope that they are a GNOME app...
Wow.
That's just sad.
Have all GNOME developers convinced themselves that GTK belongs to them?
Maybe they are delusional enough to think they created it?

Attached: Mpv_icon.png (512x512, 275K)

>psdfiddle.com
That's because it's running Photoshop in the backend. Idiot.

in my school they taught GIMP instead of Photoshop, and OpenOffice instead of Word
im so glad they chose FOSS over commercial software :)

>making sure your students will all become neets

are you literally retarded?

my technology teacher was a huge FOSS advocate and was great giving class
i honestly preffer GIMP over Photoshop, but dont really care if i use LibreOffice or Microdick Word