Why haven't you used Debian netinstall Jow Forums?

Why haven't you used Debian netinstall Jow Forums?

It's the comfiest.

Attached: 1458224497549.png (2133x1200, 1.01M)

because i use a customized ubuntu install?

i'm not a lesbian

It's really fucking NOT. I tried it on my 2010 HP netbook and the graphical installer didn't work so I had to use the other one and then it didn't have my netbook's network drivers so I put them on the installation USB and then it wouldn't detect the drivers on the USB. I gave up on it. I'm using Puppy Linux now, which actually DID have my netbook's network drivers, surprisingly.

Attached: 1525225363404.jpg (87x83, 2K)

Be happy, you dodged a bullet.

What is non-free firmware iso?
Desu, why not use a operating system that can truly be free and doesn't have as many privacy concerns.
You are a lesbian.

Why would I use non-free firmware?

Use the iso with nonfree drivers or put the drivers in a separate USB.

>why not use a operating system that can truly be free and doesn't have as many privacy concerns

because ubuntu
>just works
>reasonably up to date while being stable enough for daily use
>my computer requires nonfree drivers
>the amazon shit and the """telemetry"'" can be removed

This. Debian shills are just Microsoft shills masquerading as Linux enthusiasts.

You're using it with Mint.

Subjecting yourself to removing junk, from obongo.

No?

>lesbian
t. pic rel

Attached: oh god why.jpg (400x400, 23K)

> I am a gormless fucking dickhead

My debian servers are working excellently, I use ubuntu as a desktop. Debian net install is usually if you want to run servers, it doesnt put all the desktop crap on, unless you specifically opt for it.

I tried but the display comes out garbled even with the firmware ISO and with the graphics payload and disabling framebuffer tweaks

debian stable + backports is max comfy

Debian is actually the only distro I really enjoy using after I quit Slackware years ago.

Why use netinstall when debootstrap is a thing? Gentoo even has an official ebuild for it.

I have and I do. Debian 9 with backported software is the best desktop OS you can use in 2018, besides Win7. (inb4 applels) After Win7 EOL, using one of a handful of GNU/Linux distros will be the only sane choice. Debian, Fedora and OpenSUSE are great if you want an out-of-the-box desktop experience. If you don't, there's Gentoo.

Because Ubuntu minimal works just fine on my macbook air.

*installs grub on the install usb*
>pst, nothing personal kid

lubuntu has none

But you have to spend an hour after installing tweaking it so it doesn’t look like crap.

Seriously, even a shitty Windows ME-like theme would look better than the atrocities they ship by default.

it ain't that bad, but anyway
install breeze icons and arc theme
/done

It's 90% perfect. Would be 100% without systemd.

Attached: asdfasdf.jpg (890x1112, 134K)

i have!

Attached: 2018-05-03-194300_513x220_scrot.png (513x220, 9K)

I personally don't enjoy manually adding PPAs and using apt

>Desu, why not use a operating system that can truly be free and doesn't have as many privacy concerns.
You mean Trisquel?

I enjoy my comfy Devuan setup.

Debian is amazing. You are wrong and I am right.

debian is really not all its hyped up to be. I remember the first time I installed it. It wouldn't fucking connect to the internet during install. Turns out I needed the "unofficial" iso with a that let me install non-free software and connect to internet during installation. Really annoyed me, because every other distro had it just working with any iso I used and debian and trying to pull a fast one on me.

Once I installed it, afer a while it asked me to update, I did and it uninstalled spotify. This was the breaking point for me. Not because spotify, but because the update uninstalled a program I placed there. I still have debian on a flash drive whenever I want to circumvent school security in my university (used to be high school) which uses windows, I will gladly install amazon botnet os anyway of the week for my main rig. At least it doesn't uninstall my programs because "muh free software"