Windows 10 April update (1803)

Did you update?

Attached: 1500803197811.png (460x406, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gentoo.org/download
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I did, an Edge is faster than ever.

No, I don't use Botnet 10.

>windows 7 here

Though it did bootloop my mum's PC as it was bluescreening and then fixing itself, then reapplying the update...

I would if this fucked up OS didn't crash every time I try to update it. Been months like this, I don't even boot up my computer now and use my gf laptop because I am sick of killing the update process

>proprietary os

Attached: 1524843797193.png (1440x810, 588K)

pedofag

fuq that piece of shit

Attached: Capture.png (474x413, 14K)

This.

Switched of 10 LTSB to Enterprise 1803

windows 10 is ruined because you can't disable windows defender. it constantly scans the drives slowing everything down. and if you try to turn it off it just turns itself back on again. downloads and installs update randomly too. you'll be in the middle of compiling a big project and all the sudden it needs to scan and update the system. absolute fucking trash. not to mention the UI itself makes me want to vomit. visually and technically it's a step down from 8.1 and 7.

>fuck that piece of shit
>while using an even bigger piece of shit
apex lul

hm

Attached: ApplicationFrameHost_2018-05-03_06-12-52.png (756x728, 59K)

can your system do this?

Attached: eddd.png (797x561, 78K)

Yeah and now my mouse is invisible when hovering over windows. I have to guess where I'm clicking now.

turns itself back on again. defender cannot be disabled in windows 10.

Can't. My windows is stuck on 1607 since it fails the update every time. I installed Gentoo and haven't booted into windows since.

but why is it failing
and that's not an excuse since you can just make boot media and install 1803 directly

t. unpaid m$ shill

Attached: sddddd.png (756x728, 72K)

Every time I start the installer it gives me the error that windows failed to upgrade or something. Since it keeps trying to update and failing I just made a program to kill all processes named windows10upgrader

disable it through registry you dumb ass mongoloids
you won't go the least effort of googling & editing some shit but you take your time to trash with your stupid printscreens
you want me to post the links for you aswell?

Sucks to be you cuck

Attached: mmc_2018-05-03_06-24-49.png (1366x728, 82K)

>he has to edit the registry just to turn it off.
>cuck

That's not the registry

ye

Attached: Untitled.png (1202x933, 53K)

Away with you, poo in the loo vindaloo

>Updating right after a update comes out
Please tell me you're trolling. Not even Jow Forumstards are this dumb.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

>he has to use the grown-ups settings instead of the kid/retard friendly nu-Settings "app"
You know you share that Settings app with normies which is why that option will re-enable itself?

If you want to get anything done you don't use the Settings.

confirmed MS shills are here. this isn't even a response to my question. i asked if you could turn off defender and now your derailing it into talking about DEP and other unrelated shit. Fuck off.

Guess you're blind.

No idea, I'm using LTSB and I can disable it in GUI and it stays off and actually is off.
I think your problem is between the chair and screen.

>i asked if you could turn off defender
Oh, well the answer is yes you gigantic retard.

isn't that only for enterprise?

yadda yadda sucks to be you yadda yadda cuck

Attached: winver_2018-05-03_06-33-08.png (460x406, 15K)

Nah, I like Windows 10 enough, but I don't really care to update. If it works now I never want to fuck with it.

enjoy those live tiles cucks.

Attached: Untitled.png (1440x900, 118K)

Whaaaaaaa? Anime on an anime website?????

Classic Shell works fine on 1803.

that project has been abandoned. sorry try again 10 cuck.

Doesn't stop it from working though, try again.

>if i get the last word it means i've won the argument

lmao why would i want to use this

No, because I'm not one of the nigger cattle that installed that OS. I'd be an iToddler before that.

>taskbar and start menu transparency don't match
>top left corner rounded off instead of flush to side

>paid
come on

I updated and it's a shit update.

None of the new features are useful to me. If you want to use Timeline, which is useless to me anyways, you have to enable saving all your activities in Microsoft's cloud, so they can datamine it. Surprise surprise.. You can only use a feature if you allow it to datamine you. I'll pass.

It takes longer to alt-tab from a program to a game now.

It added lots of toggles in the Settings app for all sorts of things, so you get more granular control of which data they mine from you. Not sure if you disable them all, like me, you actually don't get data-mined. Probably not.

I need to block all their shit in group policies again.

I don't recommend this update.

No explorer improvements, no new Volume controller, no dark mode for explorer, you still can't customise your tiles in different colours and can't pick different colours for title bars and tiles (same accent colour).

Overall I gained almost nothing I needed and got some issues here and there.

Attached: 1507221007042.jpg (585x570, 127K)

>disable it through registry
>update
>its back on
Kek, windows faggots have a gaping hole from Microsoft's big dick

So you blindly updated instead of reading up? Informative blog post.

Source: your ass

I read about it, but nobody described very clearly how to enable timeline or the other shite they implemented. Or I didn't find the best articles on the subject.

And different people had different issues with it, or many didn't have any issues. As usual, people with different hardware/software will get different bugs or issues.

Some of the issues were caused by Microsoft not communicating what general changes they made like they now condition audio input on your allowing apps to use your mic. If you choose to disable that in the initial privacy screen, you may not understand later why you can't use your mic. Stuff like that.

Nobody explained this shit before I had to actually experience it. Reviewers on different sites are either shills or incompetent.

>source
A microcuck asking source, kek the irony

Attached: 800px-Richard_Stallman_by_Anders_Brenna_03.jpg (800x533, 36K)

Who's asking? That's a statement, friend.

How did you upgrade to enterprise 1803 ?

you can adjust the color to whatever you want. also you can set a background image too.

both top corner are rounded so it's fine.

Attached: ffff.png (849x596, 64K)

I didn't. I got off LTSB.

/thread

Hope the DMCA doesn't file a complaint about that one, checkmate

Attached: 700px-GNU-Chess-xboard.png (700x557, 225K)

No, pajeetware won't even update past Feb updates. Shit OS

Clean install ? Where did you get source iso from ? I got some torrent with 17133.73 but it refuses to boot from usb, it only shows bluescreen that some files are missing.

Nice, but...
>trial
>paying to have the old start menu

WEW

Clean install, made an install USB using Microsoft's media creation tool which gave me 1803.

AutoKMS forced it to Enterprise.

WHY WON'T THEY JUST DECOUPLE EDGE FROM THE SYSTEM
REEEE

gentoo.org/download

>nobody described very clearly how to enable timeline
yes they did lmao onmsft and windows central both went over timeline and activities sync, as they do with all new builds months before it hits public
and how in the fuck did you think they would sync timeline across devices if it weren't for uploading your shit to their servers?

>It takes longer to alt+tab from a program to a game now.

Settings -> System - Focus Assist - Turn all that shit off.

Fixed the alt+tab issue for me.

Worth noting Focus Assist apparently only works for DX games.

t.
fag os X

I find it sad people unironically use Windows 7 and 8 over Windows 10 and act like they're a moral authority.

Don't worry they're all plebs, including you

Attached: 1524239791406-pol.png (602x500, 45K)

They're old fags who have lied to themselves long enough to believe their fiction is reality.
I guess they have a noose on standby for when 7 is totally EOL, or will play the "I'm totally converting to Linux 100% I'm done with Windows" card.

Yes, but only to get off the windows insider program hellride I've been on for the last 4 months.

In my experience you can turn it off, but the service still runs in the background no matter which gpo or reg changes you make.

>being poor

I did that shit from the start when I noticed it using 30% of my cpu making my fps tank in video games. If I don't muh fps what's the point in windows

live tiles are better than the classic menu though

Not an argument

>"Im done with Windows I'm converting to linux"
>Installs GNU/Linux in a VM and only boots it up to take screenfetches
Why do they exist? I see it all to often.

>Uptime: 00:00:34

Make the registry changes and do a clean boot. They'll be reverted.

No, because I'm LTSB master race.

>spending money like a retard

So I installed 1803 enterprise and what the fuck is the point of this thing, it has windows store, installed shitload of bloatware i don't need and in general looks and feels like consumer garbage with enterprise badge slapped on top. Probably time to recover backup with 1607 ltsb.

Another blog post who didn't do their research.

>mfw I'm still using windows 7 and will never change.

Attached: you-mad-bro.png (1050x699, 238K)

How much did your noose cost?

>Not using ClassicShell

Retard

What a great post to allow a proper response.

Elaborate a bit more with your single brain cell.

better than this.

why the fuck would you move from ltsb to enterprise
like hello
hello

focus assist should not be impacting alt-tab times, if anything that prevents all those notifications from popping up on the screen
what you're actually looking for is disabling animations

Gpedit is a frontend for the registry brainlet

I use stable WindowsXP, so no.

Can someone run dxdiag and take a screenshot?

Then what's regedit?

I don't have a single reason to update. Higher compilation numbers don't make my boipucci moist. I don't rely on windows built in functions. I don't find any announced changes appealing or even relevant to me.

What in particular do you need from it?

Add another blog post to the pile!
Welcome aboard!

when's next update? I want my tabs in explorer.

Video tab

>using the os that is even worse than 10

Gpedit without cruise control