LLVM CoC

Here we go again:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=LLVM-Rafael-Espindola
llvm.org/docs/CodeOfConduct.html
lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-May/122922.html

Why are SJW trying to ruin literally everything?

Attached: DragonMedium.png (400x400, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-May/122926.html
outreachy.org/apply/eligibility/
lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-May/122934.html
news.ycombinator.com
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b0bc65729070b9cbdbb53ff042984a3c545a0e34
linuxfoundation.org/programs/advisory-councils/tab
healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/malignant-self-love/gender-and-the-narcissist/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we had this thread already please go back to Jow Forums

Did I hurt your feels? Tell me more about the Jow Forums CoC.

>its another poltard cant even read the topic episode

we will continue having this thread until tech niggers learn to be politically neutral

Why don't they try sucking my CoC instead?

>cuck project dies
Couldn't care less.

post pics

What's the issue with LLVM CoC specifically?

>Tell me more about the Jow Forums CoC.
1. Everything is allowed
2. ...Even for moderators.

I wonder how many lines of code did the CoC authors contribute to the actual project...

Attached: tc2.png (305x223, 39K)

Blue Board

>What's the issue with LLVM CoC specifically?
The issue is the fact that there is one.

GNU haters btfo

>this Rafael guy realized that outreach programs and diversity quotas are the most racist and sexist things ever

the_sleeping_goy_wakes_up.jpg

Change the style autismo

lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-May/122926.html

>You know, to this day I have never been able to bring myself to inform employers that I'm gay. The humiliation is just too much. It used to be
that people hid homosexuality so they wouldn't get fired. Why should I have to disclose personal information just to satisfy some dumb diversity
bureaucrat?

0?

please go back to /leftypol/

programs like this should fork

all the competent developers can do their work, and all the lefty retards can stay and continue to contribute nothing

>please go back to /leftypol/
Did I hurt your feels?

Everything you do is somehow political. "I'm anti politics"-people are dumb.

>implying the whole llvm isn't a muh permissive/cuck freedom political butthurt project

That's my concern. If there were a requirement of a minimum of 1 line of code contributed which makes it upstream before writing shit like a CoC; There wouldn't be a useless thing like a Coc.

Attached: 1454548831116.gif (500x372, 864K)

not really, you just lend you're obnoxious self to misguided causes

>you can only have one thread
Fuck off back to peddit already

Another community destroyed by social injustice warriors.

Why is that an issue? Seems like it's telling you not to be a total dick, which seems fair enough to me.

>waah waah why can't i be a dick to everyone

DAMAGE CONTROL
just face it, the Chad GPL is winning out against the virgin permissive license
First FreeBSD becomes deprecated, now LLVM
Join the GPL masterrace

>Let's juge people based on their private life instead of their skills and accomplishment
Die

Being gay or trans or w/e else is a crime against all of society and not at all part of a private life.

It's just forced trendy cancer that usually indicates that the people in charge are push-overs or otherwise pandering to whiny attention seeking dumbfucks that never contribute anything to the project anyway.

People shouldn't be dicks to anyone, but shit like this is just an unnecessary source of conflict, given its origin in the social justice faggotry circle.

Okay, can't say I see the harm in that CoC though. You're saying that it's "whiny", "pandering" and whatnot but honestly if the CoC itself doesn't have anything concrete that you object, it just sounds like you don't just like it or it hurt your feelings or something. Which I don't really understand.

Grow up, go outside, and try to figure out the sexuality of every human being you see.
Impossible, right?
That's how fucking little it matters.

go back to Jow Forums

good perspective

>I don't have an argument
>I know I'll blame Jow Forums
like pottery

outreachy.org/apply/eligibility/
>You must meet one of the following criteria:
You live any where in the world and you identify as a woman (cis or trans), trans man, or genderqueer person (including genderfluid or genderfree).

If you can't see the problem with this then you're beyond saving.

isn't the law enough?

That was childish, but who cares. BTW what is the problem with the CoC?

Attached: teammini.jpg (300x400, 21K)

>Rafael "Put blacks to rest who dare pull request"de Espindola

Which law, from what country? I don't think any of them say "you're not allowed to be a total dick to everyone if you want to be part of this community", which as far as I understood their CoC is what it says.

So you can't give me anything specific from the CoC that bothers you? I'm not asking much, just some examples.

No, it reads don't ever do anything that might offend twitter mob ever, not even outside the context of the project or your contributions won't be accepted. Having that kind thoughtcrime policing forced down everyones throat by uncriticizable wife of the project lead just ruins the whole working athmosphere. Is it that hard to imagine that there are people that just want to code, not have their focus and time eaten away by completelly unnecessary political shitshow

>political shitshow
I don’t really understand this take. Looking at the pipermail archives of the llvm mailing lists it looks like it’s all technical. Even a year or so back there’s no mention of social justice wankery until this post. Am I missing something here?

The project allied itself with an organization that actively discriminates against straight white males.

Quick: post open-source projects that are immune to this faggotry.

Attached: fdsfdsfsd.png (538x351, 41K)

Diversity should be forbidden tbqh

It just mad makes the Jow Forumstards mad.

Attached: 1488495752422.jpg (680x739, 72K)

Shill detected

The only thing I shill is getting rid of Jow Forums to increase Jow Forums's average IQ

brainlet

The usual diversity quotas bullshit aka. let's combat racism and sexism by hiring people based on race and sex :^).

LLVM will fork anyway.
The lead developer, under pressure from vendors, is in the process of switching the license from BSD to Apache 2.
This is unacceptable for OpenBSD developers, and they will probably fork like they forked GCC or Apache in the past.

It's just a reminder of how shitty things have become to the point that people like you think we need a codified rule book on not being a prick, not even because of actual prick behavior but just because of some political fad that has nothing to do with anything actually happening in the project.

People are tired of politics getting into everything and want everyone to shut the fuck up. Why is this hard to understand?

>wants to get rid of Jow Forums
>perpetuates the IQ delusion
lmao

That organisation also doesn't accept pajeet and chink applications.
It's not some anti-white SJW organisation like you're trying to paint it as.

You asked for this, just like with video games.

OpenBSD should just fork LLVM too.
OpenLLVM or OLVM ftw!!!

>That organisation also doesn't accept pajeet and chink applications.
>It's not some anti-white SJW organisation like you're trying to paint it as.
As if that's better.
Do you get a raging erection from being a contrarian pos?

I'm just pointing out that all that organisation tries to do is exposing groups to FOSS development that aren't usually exposed to it.
I see nothing wrong about that and it's Stallman-approved.

>Why are SJW trying to ruin literally everything?
they are full-time bullies, they do nothing but bully people into "right-think".

LLVM seems like cancer, btw. Look at this e-mail reply,
lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-May/122934.html
oh buh huh you said you also don't like CoC bullshit, shut up

wouldn't be shocked if more people leave. Remember that free software projects are not jobs. A lot of contributors work on small pieces of code in their spare time as a hobby. It's easy to just quit and find something else to do like building model airplanes.

>I see nothing wrong about that and it's Stallman-approved.
It's blatant racism, and illegal.

It's not their hiring policy. It's the application requirements for their mentoring program. It's perfectly legal.

I don't know what went on inside the project so I don't know if they needed rules or not on not being a dick. But since it's something that probably isn't allowed anyway, I can't say that I'd see the harm in having such a rulebook. And "don't be a dick" is hardly "politics".

Coc alone isn't usually the problem, it's in its enforcement. People with wrong political opinions get accused of violating the coc even when they are not doing so. Meanwhile the on the other side you got people saying all kinds of hateful stuff like all men should die, clearly a violation but there is no enforcement in response.

You are misunderstanding. Don't be a dick isn't politics but if the don't be a dick rule gets selectively invoked, varying from person to person, depending on which clique one belongs to, it is politics.

And has that happened with this particular CoC or are all CoCs bad because they could in theory be selectively enforced?

llvm partnered with an organisation that discriminated against asians. Violating the coc. That's what caused the guy to write the post and leave.

quote from the coc
>Be welcoming.We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes, but is not limited to members of any race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, colour, immigration status, social and economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion or lack thereof, and mental and physical ability.

yeah but asians aren't people and two nukes were clearly not enough.

Fuck yes.

Besides the specific issues people have brought up, there's a general issue with CoCs. We're all presumably adults on the internet, and should carry ourselves accordingly. If a bunch of people working on a project are such a group of children they require a CODE to be able to play together, the project is already dead.

hackernews isn't killing the following thread on the topic, if people want to upvote it news.ycombinator.com item?id=16993173

they've killed no fewer than 3 earlier threads so it would be nice to get the issue some broader visibility there

just went from #23 to #53 in five minutes

>Espindola
UMA FIESTA LOS MEJORES COMPADRE MACACO DELICIA MMM JAJAJA pt-BR

>>LLVM will fork anyway.
>This is unacceptable for OpenBSD developers
Please do it!

The adoption of a CoC is a signal for manipulative fucks to invade and passive aggressively work their claws into the project. They hide behind being trans or whatever the fuck, and use that as an excuse to do basically anything. Criticizing them will get you beat over the head with the CoC. You'll be called sexist, racist, bigoted, whatever. Especially if you're a normal white guy.

These people are narcissistic. Otherwise they'd not be parading around telling everyone they chopped off their cock. They live in a world where everyone has to act as hurt as possible at all times because their social currency is perceived oppression. They aren't normal. You can't use reason on them. The CoC is leverage for them to demand you take their bullshit seriously and pander to their absurd wants.

Code of conduct isn't necessary a negative thing. Heck even Linux has one. It just doesn't work when it is worded in a way that a bunch of trannies get to kick out actually productive members of the community.

git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b0bc65729070b9cbdbb53ff042984a3c545a0e34
Code of Conflict
----------------

The Linux kernel development effort is a very personal process compared
to "traditional" ways of developing software. Your code and ideas
behind it will be carefully reviewed, often resulting in critique and
criticism. The review will almost always require improvements to the
code before it can be included in the kernel. Know that this happens
because everyone involved wants to see the best possible solution for
the overall success of Linux. This development process has been proven
to create the most robust operating system kernel ever, and we do not
want to do anything to cause the quality of submission and eventual
result to ever decrease.

If however, anyone feels personally abused, threatened, or otherwise
uncomfortable due to this process, that is not acceptable. If so,
please contact the Linux Foundation's Technical Advisory Board at
, or the individual members, and they
will work to resolve the issue to the best of their ability. For more
information on who is on the Technical Advisory Board and what their
role is, please see:
linuxfoundation.org/programs/advisory-councils/tab

As a reviewer of code, please strive to keep things civil and focused on
the technical issues involved. We are all humans, and frustrations can
be high on both sides of the process. Try to keep in mind the immortal
words of Bill and Ted, "Be excellent to each other."

How the coc reads is definitely a metric you can use to tell how 'compromised' the organization is. If the code of conduct looks like it's written by marxist or social justice warrior, it has bunch of seemingly unnecessary words, it makes normal person scratch their heads a little the the org is probably compromised.

for example coc that says:
>harassment not allowed
vs coc that says:
>harassment with basis of gender, size, race .. endless list of all kinds of attributes and categories

Interesting way to look at it. Batshit insane, but interesting.

another one falls the the SJWs, RIP LLVM

it was fun while it lasted, RIP LLVM

It explains everything and is perfectly airtight, how is that insane?

I should clarify in case you think I'm a paranoid fuck: This isn't a conspiracy, mostly nobody is outright organizing against projects (though this does happen, it just isn't very significant). The instantiation and abuse of CoCs is a result of the current social system which rewards people for antisocial behavior. Communities where such behavior isn't acceptable (regardless of your identity) are still doing fine.

For a minute I thought you were talking about command and conquer

Surely you can then show me some proof of it other than your own word on how well it explains everything lol

Rafael "If you have a Clit, I won't let you commit" Espindola
Rafael "If you're a nog, your PR sucks CoC" Espindola

>top contributor leaves project over SJW retardation
Good. We need more people to actually take note of what fucked up social justice shit is being forced onto their work.

Is BSD a SJW magnet?

My argument hinges on some amount of parity between gender dysphoria (most shitstorms seem to be caused by people with this) and narcissistic personality disorder. These aren't the same thing of course, but they have several similar symptoms and expressed behaviors.

A short exploration of this can be found here:
healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/malignant-self-love/gender-and-the-narcissist/

That was just the first result I found in a search and it's pretty lightweight. Gender dysphoria is still being studied extensively, and we still don't know all that much about it. I believe similar psychological drives cause NPD and GD because of the similarities noted in that article, which I observed independently.

The rest of is is typical white knighting. Humans like to stick up for the underdog, and people with GD are absolutely brilliant at playing the part of an oppressed minority, even though nobody really cares about them enough to discriminate.

>never use llvm in your life not care about it
>internal politics happen
>results happen to align with your political views
>suddenly llvm is the most important example ever
phonetic

yes

Based theo cloned himself to keep his project uncucked for all eternity
Someone post the insults txt from github

>Rafael "If you have a Clit, I won't let you commit" Espindola
>Rafael "If you're a nog, your PR sucks CoC" Espindola
more like
Rafael "If you partner with racist, sexist sexist organizations, you won't get my code donations" Espindola

fuck off, getting rid of a containment board will lower the IQ of the good boards

>the IQ delusion
what this?

Humans like to stick up for the underdog, and people with GD are absolutely brilliant at playing the part of an oppressed minority, even though nobody really cares about them enough to discriminate
Things were pretty okay before this one. Are you seriously saying there's no discrimination against transpeople/people with gender dysphoria? Because my friend, that's demonstrably not true, why would you say such a thing, it only makes you seem less credible

This, racism is protected by the first amendment
Discrimination in donations/funding to be mentored by a FOSS Organization as political activism is legal (see Citizen's United)
Discrimination in hiring procedure is not (see Civil Rights Act)

An actual containment board would contain its garbage instead of spreading it everywhere

t. Persecuted trans tard
Trans people are less hated than furfags, yet furfags are somehow, and this is really impressive, less cancerous. What's happening right now is the equivalent of furries demanding that everyone respect that they aren't human and they be allowed to wear their fursuit into work. Instead, they keep that shit to their cons and whatever, and behave professionally at work and normal in public. At least, the smart and at least partially sane ones do.

We all do this, by the way. We all put on a "public face" when around others. We do this to provide a consistent interface with others, to avoid making people uncomfortable, and to maximize our sociability. In short, the reason normal people don't like trans people isn't because they're trans, it's because their behavior is highly abnormal, and because they're ignoring hard social rules. Rules like "hide your weirdness" and "avoid inconveniencing others". It puts a ton of pressure on those around you when you dress like a girl and act girlish when you're clearly not a girl. If you can't empathize with that, then you're probably autistic.

tl;dr: If trans people acted normal they'd be treated like normal people. Very few people go around hating others just because of what they are, and the ones that do that are deranged themselves.

So they ARE discriminated but it's okay because it's their fault? Cant say I agree with that but that's not what you was said earlier, it was that they aren't discriminated. Also lmao I'm a straight white dude and "cis" (or whatever the term is for people who aren't trans and so on). Not everyone who disagrees with you is a strawman.