Just bought an XPS 15 9570. How did I do

Just bought an XPS 15 9570. How did I do

Attached: Dell-XPS-15-9570.jpg (960x577, 109K)

That's expensive.

I bought this thing (Acer E5-575-33bm) for $300 with 8GB of Ram.

Works great for shit posting

Attached: 61Yeir0uhIL._SL1322_.jpg (1322x993, 128K)

Poorfag

buying intel atm is a mistake
should have waited for spectre fixes

Any comparable AMD laptops?

What an absolute garbage heap of a laptop, have fun with support when the battery swelling destroys the trackpad.

And you know the 9570 experiences this issue how??

not really, get an x220 and wait till amd reduces their power consumption or intel fixes their shit security

Can't wait though.

Its an incremental upgrade just like every other generation before it with the same ongoing issues, its still the same shitty laptop.

Yes. An upgrade. To an already industry leading laptop. What am I missing?

The XPS line is nice
I have a 9560 and it's the best laptop I have owned

Any issue with battery swelling?

Not bad. It's a good, light Linux laptop. I prefer the 13, but eh.

If you like it, good. It's fast as fuck. But if you really want my brutally honest opinion, here it is:

* only two usb ports
* no ethernet
* no keypad
* no fingerprint reader
* webcam pointing at your mantits
* difficult to open lid
* expensive

I know because my faggot, Apple loving employers bought me one. I guess the cheaper and more functional Thinkpad E580 I asked for looked too ugly to them.

Enjoy your new laptop, I guess. It's still excellent quality and better than 95% of laptops you see in the wild.

You pretty much nailed the cons about the 9570. The screen quality, small bezels, thin design and speed/power outweighed them for what I will be using it for. I will miss the keypad though...

Should've gotten the 2-in-1 unless you need the native ports.

>* no keypad
This is a pro unless you're an accountant.

Looks fantastic OP, congratulations on your new laptop :)

Do you seriously want me to tell you how to live your life?

Its design is fundamentally flawed, they're good work laptops because once they break/swell you just hand it in and get a new one, you're running the gauntlet buying it for personal use.

You tell me.

Attached: smug_animu3.jpg (2560x2880, 3.03M)

6c/12t i7 laptop
bretty nice
no not really

then xps is a fine choice
i use an xps 13 since 2015 but if i knew about spectre i would have gotten an older and cheaper laptop to eventually throw away

i replaced the battery on my xps 13 when it swelled its easily user replacable
suspicious part was it started swelling like a month after warranty ran out

good decision, OP. I bought a 9350 UHD model a year or two ago, and I've been using it as my daily driver since. unfailingly reliably, very durable, and it has great linux support. I'm currently running Kubuntu 18.04 on mine.

reliable*

Terrible keyboard, getting the Dell Software up and running is awful. Everything else is amazing.

lurking cl for a cheap one.
don't want the uhd since the battery is supposed to be devoured by that screen, and don't care for touchscreen bullshit, but that's all i've been seeing pop up there.

>x220
>bandwagon Jow Forums shit
Lmao no thanks. Whenever I see those at uni I know to stay away from you faggots

i said x220 because thats instantly recognisable
if i was getting something for myself id go for latitude e4300

Kind of wish I had the 15 with the dedicated GPU, but I got my 13 for such an amazing price I don't regret it

None, i've had it about a year with heavy use.

Waiting for Ryzen + non 16:9 + thunderbolt
Then my dick will be all over it, even if it's a macbook Pro