Theadripper 2 Locked & Loaded

Dat big threadripper 2 dick gonna assrape Intel's butthole.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2nd Generation release date, news and rumors

techradar.com/news/amd-ryzen-threadripper-2nd-generation

Attached: ryzen_threadripper2.jpg (970x545, 33K)

serious question: why would a desktop user want one of these processors? do regular users really care about obscene levels of parallelism?

for bragging rights so as to land more pussy.

hmmm

I don't need HTTPS for an advertisement article.

If you do alot of software development, then running lots of VMs is pretty standard shit these days. That and browser crosstesting, android development vms, etc etc.

You get the picture.

Because they're not "desktop" processors, they compete with Skylake-X which are primarily targeted as workstation CPUs

i bought the new ryzen even though everyone said to buy intel, and i'm glad i did. i've been wading through pussy like brad pitt ever since women found out about my cpu. i always told myself that this life was for other guys but not for me, boy was i wrong. don't be like i was always second guessing myself, go get a ryzen today and start smashing cuntfruit like you're in college all over again. ryzen has given me my confidence and my life back, thank amd.

For anything that requires a lot of threads. My buddy does photo/video editing for a living. He has a Ryzen 1950X and him having come from a 6c12t Intel chip, he's ecstatic. Paired with 2x 1080Ti cards, his rendering time is cut into a fifth of what it was. Not to mention he was blown away that he has 64 pcie 3.0 lanes to play with. Last I saw his build, he had just added 2x2TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD drives in raid 0.

Keep in mind the Intel equivalent that's worth a damn in performance to the 1950X is like $1600-$2000 where as the 1959X regularly sells for under $1000.

PRAISE SU!!!

If it wasn't for this guy, I'd be sidelined in the pussy game. I got my mojo back and I'm back in the action.

Mr Su, I salute you!!!!

Attached: su.jpg (190x266, 5K)

... AND, he gets more pussy now.

su is pretty great, but I tend to use sudo -i for the most part.

Attached: DPckxKc.jpg (3840x2160, 606K)

Attached: 1516809845491.gif (300x168, 3.12M)

is Sudo Su's brother?

Or does Sudo do Su?

bullshit... only gramps or retard photographer use windows machine as their workstation..

I work at leo burnett and ogilvy & mathe as apps designer..
we always collaborate with other agency...
till now I still haven't meet anyone using windows machine as their workstation... all using MacOS

why do you guys even care no game uses more than 1core and the only game that benefits from 8core is source CSGO etc and that's because the engine is old and weird and uses cpu to render stuff and when it gets upgraded to source2 it will perform the same on 2cores or even 1 if you disable a core.

like any one here really get off on productivity like wtf. get a life jobs are for sissies.

but I slay more pussy by owning this cpu

You are missing out on the sweet pussyfruit this big cock cpu gives me.

Attached: prepare_your_anus.jpg (226x223, 8K)

then use rss instead of Jow Forums

I do application development for hosted providers. primarily I have found the threadripper ideal for:

1.) hosting larger pools of unikernels on Xen (I have not moved over to ukvm yet)
2.) running lots of lxc containers
3.) graphical rendering, or spatial datatype rendering

it is a bit like having a desktop + some beef for heavy lifting, and your desktop experience never degrades.

I have 8 core now, will be getting the 16 core as my job pays me well and I have one life to live.

He's an independent photographer. Since when do you communicate with an agency when you're on your own? Telling that story made me reach out to him too. He's asking if building an EPYC based server would be beneficial for a rendering farm.

Sorry you're a loser.

there are plenty of SaaS options out there for rendering. I know a guy who does analogue photography who sends his stuff to a hosted provider to be rendered in various formats

Yea there are but he's like me and enjoys having everything local so he can control it. Security measures, number of backups, how/when they're backed up etc. Kind of a control freak, like me! I think the only service he uses that isn't under his thumb is Google Drive.

user that's a woman.

I feel you. I'm still that way for some things, these days I just don't care. put it here but it there I don't care. I hope it all burns down, i hope the datacenters fry and the cell towers fall and i can just go bass fishing.

so he a RETARD photographer ....

I bet He still using Adobe premiere??

>shit talking adobe
prepare to fight

EPYC has sounded tempting for me too.

The extra threads, more PCIe lanes, larger memory pool and 64Mb cache are tempting.

At least it looks economically attractive if you go the single-socket approach. There's a serious markup going to dual socket due to the AMD tax involved.

No, no ... thats a man.

You can see the bulge.

>We're still developing mobile apps, and as imagined as a bunch of hipsters stuck in 2008, we also use MacOS.

ftfy

Then you'll enjoy Intels multicore tax which is only 500% more than AMD. That's why I only use the finest $10,000 MP CPUs that are already obsolete.

this

Dude i know a guy who purchased on nearly 5 months ago and hasnt actually used it yet. He didnt buy the motherboard or anything

Sometimes I dick around with threaded cross validation on data. I don't have it personally, but someone doing machine learning might appreciate it.

Developer hierarchy

god tier: use your own hardware and own distro, Plan 9, BSD, Linux, etc. You refuse to use employer owned hardware resources outside of deployment and administration. Lisp is a thing.

Top tier: You use Corporate administered Windows network and desktop. VMs, VLANs, border gateways, domain controllers, etc. You use whatever software you want but mostly Visual Studio.

Mid tier: internally supported corporate Linux distro that is cobbled together by enthusiasts in their spare time with no budget. You spend significant part of your day working around missing features, incompatible protocols, and Eclipse has driven you too suicidal tendencies.

Shit tier: OSX and iOS. You press buttons and have an eye for color. your company got a fat contract from some much larger company to do some speculate market product. If successful, you might even get another contract, but probably they'll just move the work internal. You'll be out of work in a few years at which point your skills will stagnated to the level of high-school dropouts who just broke into the industry.

Will this make the first gen cheaper? I could care less about having the newest one but a 1950X would be great for me although I'm on a tight budget.
Right now I'm on a 6c 12t cpu that's around 7 years old and doing shit like lightmaps takes ages.
Also any news about ram getting cheaper?

>RETARD photographer
If by retard you mean making $80k a year doing nothing but going to weddings, parties, etc? The guy loves what he does. Makes good money doing it and has no boss looking over his shoulder. Can you say the same?

and yes. He uses Premier. And Sony Vegas. What of it?

>even though everyone said to buy intel,
literally who says to buy intel

thats because its the CPU that lands the pussyfruit.

Strap it around your neck on a gold chain and the ladies just keep mounting dat cock

>ram getting cheaper?
likely to get more expensive honestly.

the shit just keeps getting more expensive.

Dude he just left it in the box. What a waste of cash

Its been long established that the Su-is-a-woman meme was propaganda spread by Intel trying to damage AMD's brand.

Su is a man.

pleb tier: you use whatever version of Windows you feel like or need via your employers MSDN license. You have lots of VMs to support clients who are still using Windows 98, etc., most of your time is spent scripting workarounds in VB 4.0 or selling upgrades. Nobody touches the DC unless they're white listing internal resources for you. Ransomeware is something you've delt with recently in your past.

and missed pussy

Su is just jacket man who fell for the programming socks meme.
Someone should prohibit CEOs of browsing Jow Forums.

Attached: Tom Cruise triple laugh.jpg (600x400, 42K)

He's got a great ass, hey?

8 cores for windows, 8 cores for linux vm.

Dats16 cores for the ladies. amirite?

If Ryzen was a kidney punch and Threadripper a hamstringing, would TR2 be a knife stab between the ribs or a cuban necktie?

probably both.

You're what's wrong in this world

serious question: why would someone pay more for less? do regular users actually care about obscene levels of gimping?

I am still waiting for that ITX tr4 mobo

Anyone here gone to EPYC at all?

Been considering it. When I look closely, I see because its a server chip, there are passive coolers for Epyc (no fan, no liquid, just a solid chunk of metal to conduct away/convect away the heat).

Can i use these 1U/2U no-fan/no-liquid passive coolers in a desktop?

Ofc, but you need a proper setup for the fans.
Try a supermicro case

>poo2ripper
They should make it slighly bigger every gen just for laughs

Like, the Dragon Dildo of CPUs?

Attached: dragondildonics.jpg (1200x1200, 857K)

All hail the Threadripper cock of doom.

HAHAHA fag got BTFO'd

Threadripper is better binned and clocks higher than mainstream Ryzen

That's a big die.

>t. west coast soiboy
some people don't like to use overheating throttling pieces of shit. the best fapple can offer is a shitty xeon with a vega LMAO. get out of your latte bubble, no one important cares about macs

>fapple

Attached: goldenkek.jpg (219x230, 11K)

8/16 for you

What a BS article.
>AMD launched its line of Ryzen 2nd Generation processors and completely blew the first generation out of the water when it came to performance
That's one way to describe a rather minor tic-toc performance increase. The next threadripper will probably be the same, minor bumps in clock speed and slightly reduced power consumption.

Install gentoo
in 2 minutes, DE and a new GCC included

requesting bulge photochopped so it can be recognizable.

Stop lying on the internet.

I bought a Threadripper so I can run ffmpeg and have enough CPU power to do whatever I please. Play an intense game? Shitpost on Jow Forums? Shop? Write some documents? I finally have CPU power to spare.

>Su is just jacket man
Post it, you know what image I'm talking about