Do you update your windows?

Do you update your windows?

Attached: windows-update-icon.png (267x275, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.krissmilne.tech/windows/windows-7/windows-7-stuck-on-checking-for-updates
howtogeek.com/255435/how-to-update-windows-7-all-at-once-with-microsofts-convenience-rollup/
download.wsusoffline.net/
github.com/Wyse-/UnlimitedUpdateWorks
youtu.be/JwHcOGDHKGM
youtube.com/watch?v=37D2bRsthfI
youtube.com/watch?v=16dbAUrtMX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah dog, I like using outdated shitware that puts me at risk

If you're going to use Windows you'd be stupid not to keep it updated.

I tried to, but do you know how hard it is to update Windows 7 to SP1 on a 10 year old machine?

NOPE NOT EVER

back then i didnt have gigabytes of bandwidth to update windows 7 and it just became an airgapped studio PC

now win 7 is nightmare even with the creators update with telemetry and botnet KB comming at you every which way...

now its either my old win 7 2009 VHD image or win 10 AME in a VM...

if it had to do bare metal int stall again id go win 8.1 with classic shell...10 ltsb gives me too many driver problems with my older hardware

How?

fuck off and die

No need for me to do it when it does it automatically

>now win 7 is nightmare even with the creators update with telemetry and botnet KB comming at you every which way...
Oh hunny you're so naive. Windows 7 was the first full blown backdoored botnet.
>if it had to do bare metal int stall again id go win 8.1 with classic shell...10 ltsb gives me too many driver problems with my older hardware
Brainlet dumb dumb. What runs with Windows 7 and Windows 8 will run with Windows 10. Your issues are dumby user errors, dumb dumb. Fuck you Wangblow fags are dumb.

You may try through Windows Update or you may download the SP1 package and manually try to install it. The result won't change.
It won't even try to install if some obscure preconditions aren't met. You need to chkdsk and SFC /scannow first. It takes about 2 hours just to install SP1 before it even ask to reboot. Then it will say its "installing updates 30%, don't turn off your PC " for about an hour. It will then say "the updates didn't work sir too bad let me undo everything I just did" for about another hour.
And no, the SP1 readiness pack won't work, I've tried it several times.

I'm not talking about my own PC, by the way. I'm talking about the ~100 PCs at my workplace I was supposed to update this week. Every. Time. The. Same. Shit.

Attached: 1522865293939.jpg (720x736, 32K)

Sometimes, when I haven't done it in a while and it's going to get really cold or really hot outside.

Yes, it is extremely easy but you are obviously a complete fucking retard
blog.krissmilne.tech/windows/windows-7/windows-7-stuck-on-checking-for-updates

very easy actually howtogeek.com/255435/how-to-update-windows-7-all-at-once-with-microsofts-convenience-rollup/

I am a good soul and I wish that you never have to do it 100 times on machines normies have been using for 10 years.

Windows 8.1 with last updates from 2015, still works perfectly

That's for when you already have SP1 installed.

I'm still on single pane. Wood stove heating. I don't go in for any of that stupid bullshit insulated windows. Too expensive.

>Windows 7 was the first full blown backdoored botnet.
Um no sweety, that was 10 when they open said their telemetry you could not switch off was a good thing... M$ has always been glow in the dark niggers and there have always been backdoors but they conveniently disguised them as exploits and bugs... fuck sake adobe flash and java were as secure as unlocked screen door,
>Your issues are dumby user errors, dumb dumb. Fuck you you Wangblow fags are dumb.

FUCK YOU CUNTY i been running debian for years, windows 10 does not work with my wifi card and 8in/out firewire sound card and i need windows for autodesk artcam and some other CAM packages for work

Yes:
download.wsusoffline.net/ - For batch installing updates on a fresh install (remember the security only checkbox)
github.com/Wyse-/UnlimitedUpdateWorks - For getting notified about newly released security only updates

yep windows 8.1 with 2015 updates and classic shell is where its at ...7 is getting a bit clunky and even with 10 ltsb you just never know what they will do in the future

>Windows 7 menu available for free
>Can disable Windows store
>Inb4 paheet

Guys I forgot to update today and this popped up, what do I do?

Attached: wannacry.png (1182x893, 133K)

No, I just install XP Service Pack 3 and disable updates

This

Jow Forums basically these days is Linux or thinkpads

Turning into cancer in my opinion

No, I update GNU and Linux.

I do, I turn off auto restart and it's alright.

If you're going to use Windows you'd be stupid not knowing what are you doing or what sources you get shit from.

> implying thinkpads are an OS

>Um no sweety, that was 10 when they open said their telemetry you could not switch off was a good thing
This is Windows 7 from the beginning. Windows 7 is where Microsofts hidden telemetry all started

"Download updates but let me choose when to install them" Windows 8.1 + start8 huwhyte mans OS master race reporting in

Attached: Untitled.png (1440x900, 118K)

Install SURT (KB947841)
Install SP1 (KB976932)

I've done it on DOZENS of machines last month that haven't been on a network or seen updates since 2011, and I updated those machines to 7 from Vista in 2011.

updating windows ? why?
last time I did it, it told me to upgrade to windows 10, told me my windows was not legal and office was not legal too...
fuck windows updates

enjoy your cancerous start menu, cuck

Attached: cuck.png (1914x1063, 298K)

i did it just a couple days ago because my solidworks box i put win10 on out of curiosty decided it didn't feel like working anymore, so i went back to 7
it did take some time, but it's up to date now
also took an image of it so i can install it again already updated if need be

Attached: a.png (800x666, 87K)

Cry. Then restore from backup.

>hurrr my shit is better bc i like it

spotted the 11yo

the only shit that puts you at risk is your mental retardation, and no update can fix that unfortunately
no u
based

Do you leave the c++/.net framework option checked?

I use 7 Ultimate right now. I hide the obvious, well-known telemetry malware updates, even though I know it's not a reliable way to avoid the botnet. Despite that, I do use and install all of the security updates. Why the hell leave well known vulnerabilities open on an old proprietary OS?

Ubuntu 18.04 is looking really good right now. I wish I could make the full switch, but muh gaymes and hardware optimization. Once Windows 7 ends security support, the only viable option will be a *buntu distro. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I'm still going to run 7 to the ground just like I did XP, but by the time the next LTS is released, I'll be windows only. Learning noobuntu through VM.

>mandatory whiny comment about windows 10

Attached: 1491579047894s.jpg (249x213, 5K)

>I'll be windows only
I'll be gnu/linux only*

why not 7 home premium?

I like security updates, so yes. Also windows has been actually improving things in win10 with their updates. Search was fixed seemingly recently and i have seen performance increases. Notsbly 4k random writes

That is fucking disgusting boy

It's like XP only ugly af

>not just using a pirated version of win10 with no telemetry

so... many... plebs...

Attached: 1508943021092.jpg (500x500, 17K)

they all have telemetry tard

nope... you can remove it if you know how...

Not 100%

and then it gets re-enabled through windows update tard

yes

Attached: 1525359500359.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

>not writing a script to auto remove it for you after every update

brainlet

>windows
>your
That's like saying a rental car is your property

No, Microsoft can no longer be trusted
They seem to release broken security updates on purpose

you can just not use windows you know, you can choose to be free from the botnet, why won't you?

No. I'm using some severely outdated version of windows 7. The newer updates add similar telemetry to what windows 10 has, so updating would void the reason im not upgrading to 10. I basically rely on noscript, disabled js and not being a retard to keep me safe.

Honestly i dont think ill use windows ever again on any new systems.

This is why I relegate Windows to a VM for running games and certain software that needs it.

because win10 is superior for playing video games

I don't give a single shit about anything else :)

>Doesn't know how to take out all the shit settings
>Hur dur use one of a thousand Linux distros instead of an OS that is far more common
Use Windows and a Linux distro. Learn how to actually take the shit that bugs you out of windows 10 fucking retard.

Attached: DEGENERATE.jpg (600x600, 40K)

this

>Doesn't know how to take out all the shit settings
So you have access to Windows' source code?

My uncle is Bill Gates duh

hahahahaha holy shit what a disgusting theme and font choice

Usually I don't, but then spectre and meltdown came out so I updated and this shit happened.
No I didn't install KB971033, and I already did SLMGR -REARM 5 times and tried to set the reg key. Pls help some1

Attached: jewish.png (220x58, 1K)

>He thinks u can just turn off telemetry with tools from microsoft

Attached: retard.png (645x729, 56K)

get Daz Loader 2.2.2, it's the most reliable way to pirate Win7

No

No

I dont really have a fucking choice since the updates get shoved down my throat mercilessly

On a fresh install yes, why not? Chances are you will probably need those for something eventually, and no botnet is included to my knowledge.

Great if you use it as its intended - as a service, integrate AzureAD, intune for your families computers and its fucking cool.

If you want windows 10 to be an offline monolithic classic OS then of course you'll be disappointed because that's not what it is.

Your posts are the dumbest shit I read on Jow Forums this week. Unless you keep your windows station unplugged 24/7, you put yourself and everyone else on your network at risk by not installing security patches.

The more updates I install, the more BSODs i get. Sometimes it even happens during installing, sometimes, when update installs successfully, pc reboots, but fails to apply updates and reverts back.

I can't even run sfc scannow without a bsod when i have all the updates. It crashes even in safe mode.

I read once that some Win7 updates actually directly cause BSODs, but i don't remember which exactly.

In case we have people in here who didn't figure this out yet.

Do not install updates from "windows update". Pick your updates or let applications sort them for you. Avoid updates that are not purely security updates. If you have "quality" or "quality and security", do not install. Get the pure security updates instead. Do not install updates blindly. Check what they are and if you need them. If you don't need them, blacklist them.

>I hide the obvious, well-known telemetry malware updates

what if these are bundled in with security updates? you can't run w7 without security updates, unless you plan to use it on an offline machine.

I don't get people itt, who are comparing downloading official Microsoft Windows updates to being a part of botnet.
Botnets are only run by hackers. So what if some updates contain telemetry? It's there to provide a better service to the customer.
If you hate Windows so much that official updates = botnet to you, then why do you even use this OS?

I havent updated my W10 since March 2017

>I'm using some severely outdated version of windows 7
>I basically rely on noscript, disabled js

So basically you gimped your own pc because you're afraid of 'omg telemetry update' or something?

>spending $1000+ on a rig and not being able to use it to the fullest extent, because you're paranoid

the absolute state of /g

Nah, haven't updated for like 5 years. Still werks fine.

Attached: 1519297792015.jpg (833x869, 78K)

>you can't run w7 without security updates
Oh, but you can! I don't ignore very many, just the ones that "improve" the Customer Experience Improvement Program, the KBs that add/remove the "Upgrade to 10" notifications, and the ones that patch KMS activation hacks... no particular reasons for that last one.

What the fuck happened to pro?

Attached: ets.jpg (742x438, 56K)

>because win10 is superior for playing video games
>I don't give a single shit about anything else :)
Except that is demonstrably not true.
youtu.be/JwHcOGDHKGM
Can you just not resist the data mining and telemetry?

i would if it worked

Attached: 1506385112225.png (629x222, 10K)

How does that work? Which games?

KVM/PCI passthrough. You need a GPU+GPU or GPU+iGPU for it to work. Also if you want to make your life easier you should use 2 monitors, keyboards and mice.

Never mind. That is just a retard friendly box, the installer itself allows you to choose.

No, Windows updates for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=37D2bRsthfI

No

>windowspajeets need to choose whether to make their systems worse by bloating them even more with broken windows updates or leaving their systems old and vulnerable

Attached: koiro muikeana.jpg (600x450, 41K)

If I could figure out how to disable all updates on every device I have I would happily go years out of date and keep my devices working fine.

I'm still using Vista on my main PC. My laptops are constantly involuntarily upgraded and it drives me crazy

>not linking level1
inexcusable
youtube.com/watch?v=16dbAUrtMX4

Its a good video as a short demonstration, level1 is obviouslt better for in-depth information