Smartphones are now pushing $1000

>smartphones are now pushing $1000

when did this happen?

Attached: 1397792413843.png (576x507, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techwalls.com/production-costs-of-smartphones/
gsmarena.com/analyst_apple_will_no_longer_bundle_a_lightning_to_35_mm_adapter-news-30820.php
cnbc.com/2018/05/02/the-analysts-were-wrong-the-iphone-x-is-now-the-most-popular-iphone.html
sirinlabs.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

before they started pushing 1100 but after they started pushing 900

>when did this happen?
When Apple did it

Supposedly costs 380 dollars to make a s9 that about 100 dollars more than the s8

Just get an iPhone 6s

Meant the s7 s6 edge was about 290

No one is asking you to buy a flagship. Cheap phones also do their job well.

So idk how accurate this is but here you are

techwalls.com/production-costs-of-smartphones/

Also take into account the marketing and rnd that goes into this.

Funny enough Apple is now the "cheaper" high-end option with the old SE (and probably future) at the "standard" non-riced experience as every major manufacturer gone full retard with their prices.

What did the S9 add $100 of? It's near identical to the S8.

This.
Capitalism is actually doing it's job well here.
Retards with too much money can blow their load on stupid $1000 phones.
Meanwhile smart people can buy a phone for $200 that does the same exact thing.

I get by just fine with an S3 and lineage.

New Motorolas drop this month, baby

Jesus when I bought my current smartphone it did cost me like €500 and it was expensive at the time

My Nokia N95 was $800 back in 2007
It's just phones became a status symbol
Then suddenly every Chad and Stacie had to have 'the best' one
'the best' being some Appsung POS with a five year old 12MP Sony sensor and animated emojis

They better become dockable PC’s with that investment.

But I absolutely need those 128 cores to use Snapshat mang

Normies will pay their ass out for a shitty half inch sensor that takes awful noisy pictures and some ebin post processing software that filters them to fuck pretty much making shit up in the process.

>tfw moto Jow Forums

Attached: 1462154857962.jpg (554x554, 70K)

I have no social life and I'm not a normie no matter how hard I try to fake it, so I'm just gonna get a dumbphone next. It's an absolute waste to do otherwise.

Flagship phones are pretty impressive feats of engineering, $1000 is reasonable

Inflation and lots of wealthy people are happy to spend 200$ more than last gen on a phone they want.
Like who cares, they spend half of their monthly expendable income on a quality product that they'll use extensively for work and during travel and so on. It's not that different from considering buying a 500$ gpu for gaming.

Attached: 1495885474684.png (650x456, 380K)

>iPh X is $1800 down under

Attached: Leslie_Mackerel.png (1226x1080, 692K)

Is that 1800 US dollar equivalent, or 1800 kangaroo bux?

Camera stuff. Other shit is the same.

Camera

1800 emu coins, higher than exchanged from 1000 burger dollars

>Meanwhile smart people can buy a phone for $200 that does the same exact thing.
>$200
Try again. You can get phones way cheaper than that.

>>smartphones are now pushing $1000
you can literally spend that much on a bottle of fancy bath soap

why is it surprising that something which can do VR and fits in your pocket costs the same

Even in EU everything is 1$ = 1€ logic.

Yes but see, dingo dollars are worth LESS than burger bucks, so they would lose money if they used the same number. Euros and pounds are worth MORE so they do charge the same number.

gsmarena.com/analyst_apple_will_no_longer_bundle_a_lightning_to_35_mm_adapter-news-30820.php

lmao First they remove the jack, then they ratchet the price up, and then they remove the jack AGAIN

Relax, all reports indicate iphone x is failing miserably. A stupid notch can't save expensive smart phones from "good enough" cheap smart phones.

doubtful, not even a creed french bath soap is that much
but i see your point

I've been looking for a good reason to replace my Moto G4 Play, but I can't find one

Attached: 1518283674265.png (341x330, 63K)

I know that feel.

Attached: 14592061839.jpg (409x409, 45K)

Sirin Solarin was 20'000$ two-three years ago.

>You can get phones way cheaper than that.
But they're shit.

This. SE is unironically the highest production phone you get at a budget.

fake news
>"The iPhone X has been a huge success and it's the first time since we split the lineup back at iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus that the top model has been the top-selling model," Cook said.
cnbc.com/2018/05/02/the-analysts-were-wrong-the-iphone-x-is-now-the-most-popular-iphone.html

Guess people really love turning themselves into singing emojis they can send to all their friends. Well worth a grand.

Still using my lenovo p2 its an awesome phone for a little more than 200€. 14 hours SOT, meanwhile Basedsung users are desperately searching sockets every 3 hours to charger their phone.

Attached: 22a3da100fcb.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

>meanwhile i bought one for 50 $ and it werks fine
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>muh lineage

Mine was 120$

if every Android phone (even One Plus meme budget phones) didn't start pushing 600-800, apple wouldn't be able to push further.

Eh $50 feels a bit too much of a compromise. Even if you just using for calling, the (sub?) 720p screen looks terrible

You can buy a very decent phone from $100-200, depending on your budget.

If you actually look at their earnings report you'll see that they are selling fewer iPhones than before than fewer than analysts expected. They sold more iPhone X's than people thought but far less of the iPhone 8's.

it happened when marketing ads never become as efficient as the production pipeline of such devices

To me laptops costing $1500-2000 is more insulting.

All because of the MacBook.

When people started replacing their top end phones with newer top end phones every year or two.

Lol. The one im using costs around 100 burger dollars and been using for three years.

still using the Moto G1 with LineageOS

* Phone calls work
* OsmAnd works
* Google Maps works, fast enough for car navigation
* Listening to music works
* Browser fast enough to occasionally check restaurants or flights
* not a disgusting phone poster, so no need for 1000 browser tabs
* I usually carry a real camera with far better optics than any smart phone
* Battery still lasts surprisingly long, even after 4 years of use

Why would I need to upgrade?

Attached: motorola-moto-g1-xt-1034-16gb-original-garantia-pelicula-D_NQ_NP_425605-MLB25060039831_092016-F.jpg (1000x1000, 113K)

Mee too, it works like a charm

>from 1579 AUD

My Chinese xiaomi cost 125€. It's fast, it's got everything I need and if it dies, I can buy another for 125€. Also it's blue so it's pretty.

Just buy last year's flagship or the one two years before that

It beats getting a midrange phone now

Install whatever you like. There's nothing special about lineage, I just want a closer to stock Android package. I've considered trying out Sailfish or even something else. There's quite a few ports.

didn't they cost the same at launch though? their margins must be pretty tight

Sure, but anything below 200$ is actually missing useful features

>Moto X Style breaks
>look around for a while
>lmao $600+ phones
>fuck it
>get Z2 play for $350
it just werks

This, stop being a degenerate who helps the capitalist system destroy our planet and our lives. Get a new phone only when your current one becomes irreparable or it's too outdated to run the software you absolutely need. If you need a phone right now get an LG V20 or a G5, they're the most powerful available smartphones with a removable battery and they're easy to repair.

Attached: 1497566724868.png (430x430, 243K)

>iphone x starts at $1400 because VAT and shit

Good thing I got an SE instead

xiaomi costs $150, sir

lmao $1000 is like $1.40 / day over 2 years
How poor are you?

what do you get for $1000?

it's like a shitty but small computer isn't it

>flagships for wealthy people on high monthly plans are expensive
>more things can be done on them than before
>they're more central to daily life than before
>I'm amazed they managed to push a grand.

Don't worry, your Xiaowimehsmehsheme whatever still costs $180. Smartphones aren't going to continue going up like that, you know. There'll be a hard limit around $1,500 at which point like 80% of the high pay monthly people will just say no or buy an older phone from the same brand. Apple at least continues to sell older phones and still sells the SE for $350.

People pay for them, why not charge?

>1'500 limit
sirinlabs.com/

>He didn’t buy the Unihertz Jelly Pro

I laugh

>State-of-the-art mobile device for the Blockchain era
>the Blockchain era

Attached: 1517454302503.jpg (600x484, 31K)

Bought an LG g4 off ebay for $70 a year ago Kek.

What the fuck is this retarded shit you just linked? Some meme 'blockchain' phone? What the hell?

FLAGSHIP smartphones are pushing that much
for normal people who aren't obsessed with muh benchmarks and getting the absolute newest shit, you can just buy a mid-range phone or an old flagship for 100$-250$ and works just fine

t. S4 user

They made a 20k phone 3 years back. I don't know what their site is about currently.

Can confirm, posting from my V20. I've got a battery that lasts days in this thing.

>not a disgusting phone poster, so no need for 1000 browser tabs
Don't flatter yourself. That doesn't make you better than anyone else here.
Phoneposters use Clover, that would run on your device like charm.
t. Phoneposter that phoneposted on device more ancient than yours.

WHAT? TWO YEARS WITHOUT COFFEE?

The normies keep buying them, no matter how much apple wants from them.
It's just basic economics. High demand = high prices.

>mfw no mid range spec phone with high end camera

Attached: ventspils.png (1018x764, 1.3M)