Where were you when books were forever BTFO?

Where were you when books were forever BTFO?

Attached: _20180503_183849.jpg (1080x1346, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

playaway.com/
forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=210295
iwanttobreakfree.co.uk/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what am I looking at here

Books being btfo forever, clearly

The shit is this fuck?

Interesting idea. I have no idea what I'm looking at but I'm guessing:

>op is a chink
>this is an audio book player with a FREE BATTERY
>probably one slave chink reading from thousands of books that you unlock with a code
>code will get broken by autists online and the one chink slave starves to death
>company goes bankrupt

Such is capitalism.

Attached: 1523871060333.jpg (528x377, 36K)

I'm guessing some sort of audiobook player, which is just an mp3 player with DRM baked in. Audiobooks are popular with yuppies who do a lot of repetitive white collar tasks that don't require their full attention.

Books allow quick, easy seeking to any point. Regular mp3 players do everything this device does, but usually with more controls. Ones with Rockbox have a bookmark feature in audiobooks. And phones can listen to audiobooks, view regular ebooks, and read aloud from ebooks with text to speech.

you can add rockbox to these things?
how?

playaway.com/
>pls buy our deliberately locked down products!
No, not these.

Regular mp3 players with Rockbox, and it varies by player. This device doesn't look like it has enough of a screen to use Rockbox effectively.

>costs 10 times as much as a real book or a normal MP3 player
kek

Attached: file.png (795x917, 204K)

Just pirate

this is some lazy shilling
it's a glorified mp3 player with a content store more expensive than anywhere else

>99 dollars for anna karenina
WHAT THE FUCK

Remember, you're paying
-the author
-the reader
-the publisher
-the publisher again for rights to put it on this platform
-the device maker

i really don't see this market segment staying around after the last generation dies
they're the only ones stupid enough to not know better

$80 for a shitty mp3 file...

Attached: 1510300826641 2.png (554x668, 19K)

HAVE YOU SEEN THE FUCKING PRICE OF THESE THINGS????

>playaway
It'd be retarded to buy that shit for yourself, but if you wanted mass distribute tablets/e-readers/whatever to school kids, playaway looks like a good idea.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-05-04 03.25.57.png (1366x768, 141K)

I remember using these in middle school which would've been like 8 years ago. They where kind of neat at the time I liked them

Eh don't worry schools or libraries will buy it anyway damn things are meant for libraries anyway and not end consumers

They sell to libraries you dipshits. They're used by the elderly, not fucking yuppies.

nice screenshot, reallycoolman2003, is that your birthyear?

Why not just get a kindle and download 1000s of books from libgen? I only listen to podcasts. Hate listening to audiobooks.

If you really care so much about Audio books. why not just pay an audible subscription and get all of this for 100x cheaper?

forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=210295
top kek

iwanttobreakfree.co.uk/
LOL

huh, he actually is 15

you could buy a cheap tablet/phone and a few months of audible for less than this

nobody is going to buy this shit

oh shit, he's a flat-earther