Anyone else regret joining Discord...

Anyone else regret joining Discord? It was fine at first but I like my quiet time and having people message everyday/every other day and then hearing them say "user why weren't you online?" irl got tedious. I've stopped using it for two weeks now and I don't know if I'll go back.

Attached: IMG_1625.jpg (900x900, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/discord.html
github.com/MitchWeaver/Discline
qj3m7wxqk4pfqwob.onion
hooktube.com/watch?v=cn4CENr5NV0
discordapp.com/privacy
github.com/saucecode/ripcord-api
cancel.fm/ripcord/
about.riot.im/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stallman.org/discord.html

This is a good read. Thanks.

Stop joining large servers. Set servers you don't frequent often to Mute.
Problem solved.

Attached: 1290349827434.png (429x410, 10K)

Its a platform for dumb kids that are too stupid for irc or teamspeak/ventrilo

>what is do not disturb
>not telling those people to fuck off
betaboy struggles lol

based milennial

Wtf are you talking about retard. Your issue is not specific to Discord. Holy shit, you fucking Discord aspies have no self awareness

isn't discord protocol open? stallman again out of touch.

>using some shitty javascript based meme which has no decent clients instead of good old irc
>complaining when normies use it and do stupid normie things
what were you expecting user?

user why werent you online?

>irc
>50's technology
irc can't even embed a twitter post and there is no voice chat.

>implying there's something wrong with 50s technology
Have you replaced your 7000BC shoe technology with something more modern yet user? Are you hovering yet? Are shoes outdated yet?
>implying anyone actually wanted such shitty features anyway
For voice there are other voice specific clients. I don't see why anyone wants fucking voice all the time anyway, there's teamspeak or mumble for that shit.
If you think embedding websites in a client is a good feature then you should off yourself already user. This integration mentality is the reason why every piece of commercial software is slow javascript shit which eats all your RAM. It's the reason I'm currently working on a project which is bigger than systemd in its scope. It's the reason why shit like systemd even exists.

Losers united, it's irc for dumb people.

>using discord
>realize you're a gigantic faggot
>blog about it on Jow Forums

Kill yourself.

Attached: Shot-12_AirPurifier_0313-MAIN_c.png (610x800, 529K)

false analogy, are people still wearing shoes made in wood?

>For voice there are other voice specific clients.
discord offers me chat+voice on multiple servers at the same time while not leaving my internet browser.

>This integration mentality is the reason why every piece of commercial software is slow javascript shit which eats all your RAM.
the internet browsers are now being used as an universal platform, it's not different than the emacs or smalltalk philosophy.

>eats all your RAM
160mb, it's nothing.

>talking to people

I think it's a pretty good analogy actually. IRC has changed and adapted since its conception in 1988. So have shoes. Discord is a whole new protocol. By your argument discord is 2015 technology and will be 2015 technology regardless of any changes or improvements even in 20 years time.
>while not leaving my internet browser
Do you ever leave your house?
Maybe you stay in your bed all day long.
Did you get someone to plumb a toilet into your bed?
What if I don't want to run an internet browser to use discord? No problem, I'll just run a separate internet browser (electron) just for discord.
>the internet browsers are now being used as an universal platform, it's not different than the emacs or smalltalk philosophy.
>implying that the emacs or smalltalk philosophies are a good thing
Also, emacs is more like an operating system running a collection of elisp snippets than what you seem to think it is. It still managed to be lighter than the meme you're talking about and is editable at runtime. Certainly it has more benefits than the shit you're pushing for.
>160mb, it's nothing
For a chat+voice client. Of course it's nothing, maybe if you lack perspective. Oh wait, you forgot to factor in the web browser itself... Whoops there goes another 500MiB.
And then there's the waste of CPU cycles running shitty Javascript.
Oh and wait, it doesn't even work on my phone or any device which doesn't have a completely up to date web browser. Such a great feature.

Had an account for a year, got disabled 2mo's ago for no other reason than some binch wanting me to be a dev for her and spamming me w/ a bunch of accounts and then reporting me for being in a raid server she invited me to. I just collected servers and was in like 85 on that account. Discord deleted my account a couple days ago, never got any support for it despite my efforts. So yeh screw Discord.

lol no

name 1(one) other client for their network than the official one

github.com/MitchWeaver/Discline

People don't care enough about me to message me personally so I get my quiet time whenever I want.

iirc you can access discord with pigdin or bitlbee

A bridge between Matrix and Discord is being built.

i didn't join discord because all the online people i know continue to use irc
it would be weird if these people that have been online for 15 years were suddenly offline for a couple weeks, but if they don't bring a reason up themselves then not gonna dig into their personal affairs

So basically you are not involved with those ppl, if one day the just dont connect anymore it will be the same for you

Containment environment for children.
If you're over the age of 13 and on Discord, rethink your life.

the absolute state of vir/g/ins.

>Boo-hooo
>ppl like something I don't like
>BOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO...

>Linux only
Into the trash it goes.

>muh BSD

>user why weren't you online
Wtf it's not even a proper messenger. How can one be so dependent on teamspeak replacement for normies?

Just host a murmur server on your rpi with dynamic dns, give the domain to your nigger friends to connect to. Now you have coms and you're quiet time just got filled by being called a faggot by those said friends. Also, mumble has encryption.

your* idk why, but my phone has been a giant problem. And I hate phone posting.

>what is mute server
>what is do not disturb
>what is turning off notifications altogether
a thread died for this weak basedboy shit

Attached: 5279-16830-11723.png (1000x630, 151K)

good sóyim

Go back to IRC, pleb

I never joined it.

I don't regret it.
I joined one which was about one certain fetish at first. But artist about that fetish are also joining. So i can see their scraps or talk to them. So i am pretty happy.

Attached: illust_68545110_20180503_071851.jpg (1290x1863, 419K)

>Innovative, easy to understand, modern UI is bad
Talking to your friends online doesn't need to be a challenge user.

Attached: 1495743056176.png (612x491, 98K)

I've never used discord and honestly don't even know what it is. I always thought it was like a chat server or something.

>install dependencies
>discord
so I need Discord after all
retard

>bridge
retard

>bridge
retard

Bridges aren't fucking clients you IQ89 imbeciles. But what else did I expect from neo/g/...

qj3m7wxqk4pfqwob.onion join IRC and use TOR

>download hexchat
>enter irc.server.com and a nickname
>click connect

wow that was hard
guess it's too much for generation Z brainlets

>start using discord
>use a unique email address for it
>start having discord users (i know it's them because i learned their full names just reading convos) pop up as facebook friend suggestions
how does the botnet do it? is it just by IP address?

Take that Discord Dick, BITCH!

discord has all kinds of communities
IRC is just for nerds nowadays

hooktube.com/watch?v=cn4CENr5NV0

It's the new facebook but for internet randos instead of real life friends. You only use it because people you talk to do and will refuse to switch to anything else.

Moved to riot.im. it's basically the same except it isn't a botnet.

IRC doesn't support message history or images. Indeed many of the things it does support are ugly hacks.

It's great but the terms of service cut off your balls and serve it to you as premium food whilst forcing you to say "Thanks master, I'm fat and retarded".

>IRC doesn't support message history
Yes it does? What is a BNC?

a hack you must spend money on

>Rizon BNC
>Free as long as you've had your rizon for a week
>Spend money
No?

kill yourself

i'm on no rizon channels

>so I need Discord after all
not at all. discord.py is a python library.

>Bridges aren't fucking clients
because of the bridges, you can use pigdin and bitblee as clients.

Then join non shit IRC channels

IRC is dead

a terrible solution to irc shortcomings which is still far from discord features.

Attached: 1200px-XMPP_logo.svg.png (1200x1234, 83K)

discord: 25 millions users
irc: ~200k but most are idling bouncers/bot.

Discord is for trannies and normalfags. sage

Attached: 1522022700693.png (1248x1920, 1.57M)

user again out of touch

>Currently Linux/BSD/Mac
idiot winbabby is unable to read

it's all the same autistic shit

I didn't join Discord and I have no regrets because they collect everything you do on their service
>discordapp.com/privacy

Attached: discordfags.png (1336x1053, 133K)

Any good script or bot for deleting your messages?

Attached: 1465275043199.png (470x454, 9K)

what he said

isn't Jow Forums doing the same?

Guess which one normies use.

Attached: discordeveryone.gif (400x225, 1.99M)

>@everyone
Worst feature in the history of software?

it's fine, there is an option "Suppress @everyone and @here"

github.com/saucecode/ripcord-api

Moving on

Also cancel.fm/ripcord/

>people here admit to using and promote a botnet that sells your data
nu/g/

>"user why weren't you online?"

I don't have friends on (or off) discord. Can't relate

It's got a good interface, easy to use and "xd emotes" I guess but I just happen to be in random servers for vidya and half the people I do end up adding I have no contact with after the request is accepted.

>What if I don't want to run an internet browser to use discord? No problem, I'll just run a separate internet browser (electron) just for discord.
Hey dumbass, Discord has the option to run it as a standalone client, which for me is at 134MB of RAM usage, and it's compatible with Linux if you're going to bitch about that next.
>And then there's the waste of CPU cycles running shitty Javascript
Are you on a fucking Athlon XP? Jesus man.
>Oh and wait, it doesn't even work on my phone or any device which doesn't have a completely up to date web browser. Such a great feature.
Either you're somehow running a device not using Linux, iOS, or Android, or you're so retarded and misinformed about Discord that it's a miracle if you could breathe unassisted.

I'm not defending Discord, but don't go full retard.

>I don't have friends on (or off) discord. Can't relate

join a roleplay server with bots for marriage and relationship.

I use it everyday user, but its only to talk to two autistic friends.

Install Riot. It respects your freedom and your privacy.

about.riot.im/

Attached: riot-main-chat-window.png (2408x1694, 608K)

>Hey dumbass, Discord has the option to run it as a standalone client, which for me is at 134MB of RAM usage, and it's compatible with Linux if you're going to bitch about that next.
That's the exact same thing he just said you inbred fucking mongrel.

Yes it is, but you don't need to give any personal info to post here nor do you need to install botnet software on your computer like you do with discord.

no personal info is required to use discord, user.

If you have any kind of reading comprehension whatsoever, you'd see that he was talking about the use of Discord in a web browser, not the standalone client.
Please grow at least half a brain.

Ok, please show me where I can use it without registering an account.
>hurr but an email and password hash isn't personal info that can be used to identify and track you
They they shouldn't need to ask for it in order for me to use the service

use a trash email, tard. you are nitpicking for nothing, this is embarrassing.

I don't think you understand, it's not the email, it's the fact that they are associating you with an account.

The standalone client is a web browser you inbred fucking mongrel.

Now that you have this newfound secret knowledge please reflect on your life and try to figure out where it all went to shit.

Are you retarded?
Are you legitimately fucking retarded?
It doesn't navigate websites within itself.
It's not running inside Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge, ect.
How the fuck is it a web browser if it doesn't do even the most basic fucking functions of a web browser?
I hope you aren't having a stroke, user.

>what is a cookie
>what is an ip address

this guy definitely goes outside

If you care about security you should already be blocking cookies and obscuring your IP from every site on the net.

Once you sign up for an account with a service and start using it regularly, they don't need to start trying to fingerprint you anymore, they already know how to uniquely identify you because you willingly give them that info every time you log in.

there's a lot of anger here

you could use a vpn with discord too.

clear your cookies while logged into discord and visit discord.gg

surprise surprise

what surprise? i have no problem with discord tracking my data as i have no problem with Jow Forums tracking my data. i am not a pedo or neo nazi who wants to hide in the dark. my data is cheap for what discord offers. you guys are full of anger for no serious reason.

>No explanation to refute my argument.
You're one hell of a debater.

VPNs are effective as an additional layer of security against your ISP, not against the site you're talking to.