/hpg/ - Headphones General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: manko.jpg (1280x800, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8tTKwtgzJwA
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowmere_(Oblivion)
youtube.com/watch?v=N8TWOPEZf4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 02D14856-C926-482C-B7E3-0C0DA2DE83D8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

Why does that one faggot argue with everyone, yet doesn't own anything remotely decent himself?

>That .jpg
>On my old headphones.
band broken in 3 2 1...

You have 10 seconds to explain why your favorite headphones aren't entirely serviceable.

Attached: 1 HtRvKcyTX2GvHvHQ3fgXEw.jpg (1920x1248, 734K)

>one
lol

>3dpd

inb4 great serviceability but the manufacturer goes out of business in three years and stops offering spare parts

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Watching with my HD600:
youtube.com/watch?v=8tTKwtgzJwA

Attached: 1515972229054.png (1870x1050, 91K)

>Sennheiser
>going out of business

Attached: 1508086257741.png (1920x1080, 2.75M)

True, but there's one blatant mentalist that thinks he's hot shit, but says absolutely nothing when you question him in anyway. What kind of a fucking weirdo cares about this hobby enough to come here and argue with people about audio 24/7, but not actually own anything REMOTELY decent?

Jesus christ.

I recently bought a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones since I was told they were of good quality and fairly cheap. I absolutely love them, but I've been having a lot of trouble with the 3.5 mm jack these past weeks. Every time I plug it in, it's like it's about to come off (and it does it a lot. If I don't put my phone in my pocket properly, it might disconnect.) But today, it's become much more of a predicament. I can't even fully plug it in anymore! I compared the length of the jack to pictures on the internet and to some of my mates', and it is definitely shorter. I'm wondering if it's possible for the jack to ''go deeper'' in the metal extremity, or if the screw part of the jack at the bottom might have come up, but I can't plug it in fully in any electronic device anymore.

Anyone had the same problem?

Pic related, my jack is the one on the left.

Attached: 31793572_1021939411308270_1358565668315725824_n.jpg (536x960, 41K)

I wonder what her feet taste like

>tfw playing oblivion in 4k with my 600's
>that sound track

I'm not sure it can get more comfy than this

Attached: dfgdfgdfg.png (1227x923, 2.09M)

USPS better not fuck this up

Attached: CF00B91B-5D6C-468B-B65F-D47C04C08DAD.jpg (1200x800, 146K)

P R I N C E S S
R
I
N
C
E
S
S

Attached: IMG_20180504_204340.jpg (936x1248, 115K)

*throws the package into the van*

Nothing personnel, kid

Fidelio X2HR or HIFIMAN HE400I

Attached: 1524913553275.jpg (846x960, 88K)

get HE-560 while it's cheap

Tried a nos Mullard qz34?

Riding shadowmere with HD600 is the best.

Attached: 1518231554857.png (1920x1080, 3.18M)

>compromising
Is bad. You deserve better. Get HD600.

I've tried Mullard gz30, worked ok with DT990 but with HE-560 it made the sound all muddy

Cheap where and how much exactly?

fucking stop recommending me the hd600 everyday

over my budget unfortunately

Attached: 1518607076033.jpg (534x528, 46K)

He is mentally ill and comes here to blow off some steam. I kind of understand where he comes from, because I used to be in similar position back in my NEET days. But instead of shitposting on Jow Forums I just shittalked people in gaymes. Didn't make me feel much better though.

was 320 $ at adorama

If you do decide to go this route, I recommend saving up a bit more and purchasing the better and more reliable, HD 650.

I promise to do, once you buy them. You know you want to. It's only right.

Worms and plastic minnows

This, but HD 650. This user's been shilling ad shitposting a lot lately, so take his advice with a grain of walt

>reliable
Reliably worse than HD600.

HE400i or X2HR

pls no HD600/650 i beg you guys stop

Attached: 1500397993372.jpg (639x628, 63K)

Well, if you do decide to go that route, that is

>This user's been
Unironically believes there's only one hd600 user.
I'd get X2 just because it isn't chinkfiman.

The only good quality of HD650 is that you can buy those for $200 at massdrop.

This. No reason to purchase HD 600s when you can buy Massdrop copies of the HD 650 for cheap instead

A version of it with shittier-than-usual plastic body that is.
Sound.

X2 will generally be more comfortable, built better while also being better for most genres of music compared to the HE400i.

Your best bet will be it.

I've tried neither but I'd take the X2. Sturdier, you can take it places, very well driven even portable (mind your surroundings because it's open). Not sure how well planars fare without an amp, and Hifimans are known to be flimsy and snap or fall apart easily. If I ever try planar I'll save up a few more bucks for Audeze.

>save up a few more bucks for Audeze.

Attached: 1510707863220.jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

Can't say I've experienced that friend. Skyrim was good, along with the soundtrack, but I never got to ride that horse. I got bored of that game much quicker than oblivion. The combat is better in skyrim at least.

When the both sound near-identical, why purchase the HD 600s? The HD 650s are driver matched to +/-1db and thus, each driver works in harmony and not to mention, the headphone is overall just more reliable

Attached: 1525023536244.png (929x647, 92K)

thanks for not shilling the HD600

ill get the x2

Attached: 1503494954840.jpg (369x368, 47K)

Hang on I'm an idiot. just remembered that horse was on oblivion lel. It's been a while. Only started my save yesterday for the first time in years. I've barely done anything on it yet.

I meant this one:
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowmere_(Oblivion)
You need to go through vampirism for that.
I've never played Skyrim.

Attached: 1495002714816.png (1920x1080, 3M)

Based

It's obvious they're both HD600. They screwed up that's all.

Interesting, never tried a gz30 yet. Have a black base Mullard gz34 that always seems a good pairing with any driver tubes. For less $$ those Valvo gz34 are very similar. Had very good luck with a Bendix 5y3wgta too. Wish I could afford to try a metal base Mullard but yikes.

What you did wwas gay, but made some kind of sense. What he does makes zero sense. I say that because the individual I'm talking about seems to have a decent knowledge of this hobby. But owns absolutely nothing of worth. It's insane.

Thoughts on the HE-4XX? I own K712 for reference.

Yeah see I had shadowmere years ago too. I googled it and nearly everything was skyrim so i assumed you meant that. I only did the vampirism stuff once.

Kek. Is this another one of your "I swear they're driver matched but just marketed as such" shenanigans, piss user? Geez...

All of them?

>Not

My previous rectifier was RCA 5U4G, I liked it.

Just noticed scale... lol.
>that midbass hump
HD650 a shit

I think you are the biggest fan of pisner around here, considering how often you post it.

Easily eq'd away! With its driver matched and hand picked to +/-1db properties, it is easy to do such a thing! No need to worry about fixing mismatched drivers, and look, smoother treble! Who wouldn't want that?

Sorry, I just like to make fun of piss coloured drinks

>Easily eq'd away!
But the HD600 sounds good by default. If you're going to EQ, why even bother? Buy something that's very linear and EQ friendly, and EQ to perfection! (that is, to match HD600 FR)

>sanding and finishing

Attached: ZMF Auteur.jpg (2275x1552, 692K)

Ah, but once you eq away that measly 3db hump, there's no denying the clearly superior headphone (HD 650, obviousy) and its driver matched and hand picked to +/-1db properties! Try it, user, all headphones benefit from at least a little bit of eq'ing. Truly a force to be reckoned with, I'd say, unlike the HD 600 and its chink-tier replica second driver :^)

What? you're telling me you don't want that paki essence?

I have no idea what you are saying

Wrong. Modern revisions of HD600 and HD650 are actually very close to each other in terms of frequency response. Same type of drivers, same enclosure, same earpads. The only difference is damping, as well as the HD650 having drivers matched to within 1 dB. The HD600 does not. So in my opinion you're better off getting the HD650 and EQ it to your liking. It is extremely easy to EQ the mid-bass down to a neutral level by using free software. It is simple to learn how to do so, and simple to do thereafter. Every headphone you own can and will benefit from EQ.

EQ.

Those odd looking JAN 5R4WGB are easy to find cheap and seem a nice match with my lcd2 or he-500. Don’t have to turn the volume up as high.

Everything /hpg/ says is bad is good, everything that /hpg/ says is good is bad.

>hd600 eq
Infidel!

Everything is garbage to be precise.

Kek. That isn't even a +3db hump; what is
piss user doing?

buying 1500$ headhpones

Attached: 1501419807527.png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

Geez, cover that thing up and at least eq them to match each other. You're making me blush!

If you think HD600 needs EQ, go see your ophthalmologist.

lmao. Those headphones look indian as fuck.

Any user use those wax cone’s to clean out your ears?

Geez, talk about fanaticism!

Thankfully no one cares about your opinion.
How do you EQ your shitphones with WASAPI?

lmao

>No one cares about your opinion
>No one
More like only one!
(You)

>WASAPI
>Not using jackaudio on linux-rt

~$700 budget for headphones + amp/dac (semi portable, will be used with laptop)
closed headphones
comfortable/long wear
mixed music/movies

what to get?

>closed headphones
>comfortable/long wear
>semi-portable
That's such a miserable combination.
If you gave up closed, you could get something really good for half that budget.
As long as it's closed, it's not going to be great. If on top of that it has to be semi-portable, you're completely fucked.
Why not buy a good-sounding open set for home (say, hd600), and a closed portable/foldable set for elsewhere?

>As long as it's closed, it's not going to be great.
Check out this hot opinion!

Attached: 1520947358536.jpg (480x480, 63K)

hey Jow Forums, my little brother wants to get into the whole twitch scene and his bday is coming up and he wants a capture card for games, what can I get him that's Jow Forums approved? A product name or keywords are all I need, I can figure the rest out with google-fu.

Try /sqt/, and what is wrong with obs?

I like my Fidelio X2 a lot. Just beware, Gibson went bankrupt so who knows what's going to happen to the Fidelio line.

I thought I was in that thread, my bad, and he wants to play from his consoles if I'm not mistaken.

Silly user, the HD 650s are driver matched and hand picked to +/-1db and made with a higher quality set of materials! No need to worry about mismatched drivers of that sort

Why do you want to use WASAPI? Well, you could use EasyQ with a VST wrapper on WASAPI with foobar2000.

Do you think an HD600 with worn earpads doesn't have more mid-bass than a brand new HD650?

Because I enjoy my music not getting distorted by windows.
Because even if it's rare, some albums I have in my library are not 44.1khz.
Because I can.

Lel

Are you trying to say you hear an audible difference using WASAPI?

Is there any good entry/mid range DAC that Jow Forums recommends ?

Topping D30

Topping d10 is what we shill. Enjoy it.

Damn none of them are available in my country via amazon :(

youtube.com/watch?v=N8TWOPEZf4o
N O N A G O N
O
N
A
G
O
N

Attached: 1501915800042.jpg (600x800, 84K)

Do hd 579's require amps? Canpicker says it doesnt