Nvivida Geforce Partner Program(GPP)

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NVIDIA-Ends-GeForce-GPP
Leatherjacketman backed down.

Attached: leather jacket.jpg (840x485, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/05/04/gpp/
youtube.com/watch?v=OAclArZrU1E
videocardz.com/press-release/nvidia-ends-geforce-partner-program
theregister.co.uk/2018/03/21/nvidia_titan_v_reproducibility/
semiaccurate.com/2018/04/24/major-custom-arm-server-core-project-canceled/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>were the underdogs pls no bully
kek the way the article is worded

THANK YOU, BASED HP AND DELL!

Attached: 1524956344492.gif (200x200, 91K)

You assume that laratard "plox gib shekels" phorotard can actually write articles....

Kyle Bennett is a loser at life lying piece of AYYMD asskissing shit that has been permanently banned and blacklisted by Nvidia, he will never review another Nvidia product again in his life

I'm sure the money AYYMD paid to him for being an asskisser & shill was worth it to slander the winning company

tst

>implying they haven't went for backdoor deals instead of program

[block]foobar[/block]

a
b
c

>While NVIDIA says some of the recent information about this program was "conjecture and mistruths", today they announced they are ending the program.

Attached: Laughing cars.jpg (502x600, 152K)

>It's a reddit gets outraged over business that won't even affect them episode
Fucking reruns.

>Still, today we are pulling the plug on GPP to avoid any distraction from the super exciting work we’re doing to bring amazing advances to PC gaming.
What a lame reason. The blog post reeks of arrogance.

Kek HP and DELL completely raped Nvidia

Juan JUSTED!!!

Attached: 1446873266786.png (808x805, 49K)

Good. That shit was a lawsuit waiting to happen, even more when it started affecting sales of that Intel CPU with AMD graphics.

>backing down before they get fucked with lawsuits
>cant even stick to their own shitty decisions
jen is a fucking pussy

All the fucking lies and marketing speech in this blog post is ridiculous.

blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/05/04/gpp/

This PR release is disgustingly written, oozing with slime. They don't regret any of it and will continue it behind the scenes I fucking bet you.

Attached: Begone_thot.jpg (640x828, 183K)

jews are the good guys after all.
owait.
you have to out jew the jew.

You're an idiot, calling a guy who shit on Vega and Hawaii before their releases an AMD shill?

so, are we getting arez vega 64?

>responding to the nigger favela monkey spammer

We're forgetting one thing here. The affected AIB partners already sunk a lot of money designing and launching new brands for their AMD-based products. And now that Nvidia pulled the plug it's all wasted money.
Imagine pissing off half of your AIB partners. Jensen is on a roll.
Just remember: Everyone who ever worked with Nvidia ended up bitterly hating them.

>Everyone who ever worked with Nvidia ended up bitterly hating them.
This is true, Apple refuses to work with Nvidia, all Macbooks use AMD GPU's

Translation: We're sorry our anti-competitive bullshit got leaked to the public and we're afraid of getting sued to pieces, so instead of showing the Nvidia GeForce Partner Program documents to prove our supposed innocence, we will cancel the program altogether and instead come up with a new anti-competitive program and place gag orders on all people involved instead"

I wonder if Asus, MSI and Gigabyte will undo their new brands for AMD cards (Arez series for Asus etc)

I hate Intel with a passion for their anti-competitive stuff, but here I can really see Intel pulling some next level illegal shit to completely delet Nvidia (for supressing adoption of Intel/AMD Kaby-Lake G with integrated Vega Graphics)

Attached: 1525022949215.jpg (1649x925, 225K)

Kaby Lake G anyone? I bet 10 bucks it was Intel lawyers.
Apple/Nvidia bumgate was top kek.

>ASUS launches AREZ
>oooooh sorry lads GPP is no more
Just IMAGINE their fucking faces right now.

*bumpgate

I hope AIB's get their shit together and tell Nvidia they need to stop dicking around with them. I know they won't give Nvidia the cold shoulder or switch to AMD more but they need to at least let them know it's poor business practice and loses faith in the brand.

What is Navi Hype is real like with Ryzen senpai?

AMD should have first silicon from the oven already.
But you'll get no hype about Navi what-so-ever.

I would listen to a podcast where you talk about these things desu

Nvidia
>Nothing to see here. Move along.
>Let's never talk about this ever again.
They think they will get off lightly. We need to keep the fire burning under leather jacket man.

Intel is entering the dGPU market, plus AMD is getting it's shit together with rapid YoY increases in R&D budget.
Both make CPUs so they can kick NV from OEM systems like a mutt.

Any other examples (other than Torvalds)

yeah this is gonna be fun

MS.
Sony.

what did hp and dell do?

Important tweet from Kyle Benetty

Attached: 2018-05-04 21_34_50.png (416x75, 4K)

>they caused that contractor in Puerto Rico to lose the contract even though they had 300 subcontractors on the ground and it was contracted through Puerto Rico's energy agency

Dumb spoiled white kids who've never had to work a day in their lives are a problem

They've told nVidia to fuck off.
Literally.

not him, but they said NO to Nvidia's GPP

wonder is they're gonna keep arez or just scrap it

Only because both HP and Dell eclipse Nvidia in presence, and in no way depend on Nvidia.

No idea, but it's a very silly situation.
AREZ cards are all rebaged ROG anyway.

NVDA needs to talk with their hardware not with their shitty business practices. A good product with good marketing will always deliver. Being scared of competition is one thing. But blatantly trying to steer it through unfair tactics that directly affects consumer choice is another.

They're just trying to figure out how they can implement it without being sued.

If they kick Nvidia from oem then it'll be a slamdunk win for Nvidia and Intel will splinter. Unlike povertymd Nvidia has money and teeth. And unlike Intel it has an actual future and isn't an old dinosaur waiting to die

That's the point.
Jensen went full retard thinking he can persuade anyone but taiwanese AIBs to participate in his gay orgy.

>If they kick Nvidia from oem then it'll be a slamdunk
Are you retarded by chance, Juan?
>Unlike povertymd Nvidia has money and teeth.
They have barely 1/10th of Intel's revenue and no chance in hell they will be able to wrestle ~2020 AMD shekels-wise.
>And unlike Intel it has an actual future and isn't an old dinosaur waiting to die
That old dinosaur has product portfolia Jensen can only dream of.

Thread song theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=OAclArZrU1E

Isn't this because they're putting the Intel+AMD chips in their flagship laptops that share the same name as the Nvidia models? I can see why Dell and HP aren't putting up with it.

HP and Dell make most of their money for supplying businesses with low end desktops and Laptops; and with their High end servers and accompanied support services. Almost all of their systems do not feature a additional discrete GPU.

Only some of their consumer stuff primarily laptops feature Nvidia GPU's, which is not a big piece of the total pie. Besides They could switch to AMD.

HP and Dell Brand awareness for the general public is way higher than the few game faggots that Nvidia targets.

Scalability cancelled for Avatar, it'll be another RX 480 type of GPU. I expect no hype for Nazi

>HP and Dell Brand awareness for the general public
Plus they need no marketing help from nVidia.
Or anything else GPP provides.
Scalability is still there, they've designed a pretty nice macro-block the last time I've heard anything relevant about it.

HP and Dell likely were only able to say no because of Intel, which still does a ton of financial backing. The idea that Intel is somehow a good guy when they already do the same thing GPP does is ridiculous (ultrabooks are Intel only, they threatened anyone who uses the label for AMD laptops or anything resembling it). Dell was literally the company that Intel paid billions to not only ban AMD from Dell products but actually create fake products for shows suggesting that AMD was even considered. Dell and Intel are tied at the hip by rotting corruption.

If intel hasn't backed them HP and Dell certainly would have caved. An envy line without Nvidia is DOA and Dell still barely touches AMD

It's still mostly laptops with dGPUs, which is a small nothing for these OEMs.

KIKEtel BTFO

And Nintendo, to complete the console trifecta. First the failing graphics, now the unpatchable exploits.

I can only imagine Nintendo's butthurt over something that allows piracy.

Dell actually did grow a spine and tried to get away from Intels bribing but I think they are still tied at the hip unfortunately. Still. At least someone told Nvidia to fuck off even if it is just another scumbag company.

How is this Nvidia's fault?

>mfw waiting for AdoredTV's upcoming video about this

Attached: 1522822207880.jpg (633x738, 86K)

they were subpoenaed, weren't they?
videocardz.com/press-release/nvidia-ends-geforce-partner-program
>Still, today we are pulling the plug on GPP to avoid any distraction from the super exciting work we’re doing to bring amazing advances to PC gaming.

>Still, today we are pulling the plug on GPP to avoid LITIGATIONS from the super exciting work we’re doing to bring amazing advances to PC gaming. [fixed]

Attached: d7e78a27be.png (1032x453, 429K)

>How is shitty Tegra nVidia's fault
No idea.

not him, but hardware flaws that let people completely bypass your shit is very bad desu

Those exploits are directly in the Tegra SoC.

I've heard it'll be dead silicon but w/e

leatherjacketman should've hired more lawyers under the mantra the more attorneys you hire the more you save. Which, sadly is true.

KEK I bet Nintendo wished they stayed with ATI/AMD which was their supplier for the Gamecube, Wii, Wii U for about 15+ years

Guys. Guys...
The more people you buy! The more you save face!

I wonder if AREZ is still going to be a thing...
I hope not.

And let's not forget how Nvidia banned any non-Quadro GPUs from running in datacenters.

The real question here is why the fuck aren't Apple using AMD Ryzen/ThreadRipper for their macbooks, imacs and mac pro?

>dead silicon
?

They are developing their own CPU

Your mother is a cunt whore, Brazilian loser at life?

Everyone already knows what a slut she is

they suck that thunderbolt cock

Probably because they convinced/forced intel to make the Kaby lake G Intel/AMD hybrid

They have deep ties with Intel.

due to a bug, mind you.
People were cheaping out buying Titans instead of quadros, found out that that Titans couldn't into math, and nvidia told them that they wouldn't fix the issue since they weren't supposed to be using Titans for those use cases anyways.
theregister.co.uk/2018/03/21/nvidia_titan_v_reproducibility/

yeah, the friend of the gamers, super transparent and ethical company.

Who cares?

I wish Nvidia would just bury the dumpster fire that is AMD

>Gamers want the best GPU tech. GPP was about making sure gamers who get NVIDIA tech want NVIDIA tech.
fixed that for you nvidia

Attached: 1374781834208.png (692x720, 309K)

You don't need to be richer than the other company to dunk them on obvious corruption charges. You just need to not have negative profit margins every single year. Unlike AMD Nvidia has been actually making money every single year for a good decade and at a similar or higher margin than Intel.

And if AMD colluded to block Nvidia they would be the first to die because they're a direct competitor and nvidia's marketing would rip AMD's already tattered reputation to shreds. No one would touch them if they pulled Intel level shit.

>product portfolio
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Like 90% of their revenue comes from client and server computing. Even embedded is scraps. Intel has no product portfolio. They have one product for two markets and ARM is encroaching on both. Apple ditching Intel will be the start of the death of x86 client market. They'll have server for a little longer but serious ARM servers are on the rise and possibly so are risc- v if evaluation goes well, and BOTH ISAs have an inherent efficiency advantage because they're not poorly designed shit mutated over several decades. Jim Keller even pointed it at 10% advantage in efficiency, which is non-trivial.

Nvidia in the other hand has a stranglehold on basically any market that even remotely needs GPUs. AMD only has consoles. Pc gaming 90% Nvidia marketshare, machine learning systems, all Nvidia, all of it all of the non-toy libraries too, autonomous cars, academic and scientific computing, nearly all distributed gpu computing, even some console. AMD's not going to catch up unless north Korea suddenly nukes just Nvidia

damn, Huang's cock couldn't get any deeper inside your throat user. You probably stroke a world record.

>he doesn't know about network, memory, embedded, FPGA, and coprocessor Intel products

this got me thinking - is nintendo only with nvidia this generation because they gave nintendo dumpster-fire prices on the tegra because nobody else wants them?

>Unlike AMD Nvidia has been actually making money every single year for a good decade and at a similar or higher margin than Intel.
Unlike AMD, Nvidia has no access to lucrative markets like DT.
>And if AMD colluded to block Nvidia
They're not going to block Nvidia, simply bundling their shit for cheaper works too.

>Like 90% of their revenue comes from client and server computing.
That will never go away.

>ARM is encroaching on both
Imagine being this delustional tier of favela nigger.
>Apple ditching Intel will be the start of the death of x86 client market
7-8% of total market is death?
Come on Juan, you can do better than this.
>but serious ARM servers are on the rise
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
OH NO YOU DONT
>BOTH ISAs have an inherent efficiency advantage
OHOHOHOHOHOHOH
NONONONONONONONONONO

>Nvidia in the other hand has a stranglehold on basically any market that even remotely needs GPUs
Which are gaming and machine memes?
That's before someone asses half-decent ASIC for ML.

>nvidia backpedaling because they've been a massive disappointment yet again

At least Nvidia knows what a cunt Kyle Bennett is and permanently blacklist him and his shitty website from ever reviewing great Nvidia products ever again, which is a good win for Nvidia

Of course our favourite favela nigger never looked at Intel's product portfolio.

>semiaccurate.com/2018/04/24/major-custom-arm-server-core-project-canceled/
>ARM servers
>EVER alive
My sides.
Quallshit is yet to upload fucking SPEC2017 results for Censhit.

Stuff like embedded is routinely like 0.5 billion, as is memory, and the margins are likely shit for embedded and memory almost certainly relies on deals pushed by the server division because bundled systems is how Intel and oems push that shit.

When Intel loses client and server the company is going to collapse. They're not going to be able to cut employees and liquidate assets fast enough to save the rest of the company. Oh I'm going to be laffin when they shutter their garbage fabs. 2 years of sitting in their asses and it's going to be shit for another 2 years.

>When Intel loses client and server the company is going to collapse.
They are never going to lose client and server, that's the thing.

>how is nvidia's fault that their processor is vulnerable to clippy

Attached: 1501766124499.jpg (441x441, 84K)

Being this hurt over a processor

Intel is also yet to ship any 10nm wafers in volume, while TSMC is doing this already.

You're an idiot if you think Intel will lose server to ARM. Those things are only good for SQL and Networking where shits limited by bandwidth and a big fuckoff CPU core isn't needed. They don't have the raw power for actual applications.

I could see more shittops moving to ARM but desktops? Nah. Windows on ARM remains an utter mess and trashfire.

Attached: zeTZFHV.png (282x376, 127K)

>I could see more shittops moving to ARM
Not even a fucking chance, Windows on ARM has just bombed.
Spectacularly.

Time to sell your leather, jacketman.

Attached: 1514177129994.jpg (242x236, 13K)

>HURRRR THEY NEED TO GET FASTER DURR
Wrong. Servers have stopped scaling up you retard, they're scaling out. Cloud computing, predictably, turns out to be a meme and companies are expanding microservices and existing services which is why lightweight server frameworks like nodejs are growing rapidly in adoption. ARM needs to be fast enough and wide enough and it's in a very good spot in the next half decade to demonstrate it.

As for ARM being more efficient, it's not up for discussion. Straight from AMD and Keller