I became obsessed with free softwares

I became obsessed with free softwares.
Since ~2009 CPU manufactueurs haven't produced a single cpu that hasn't got a backdoor in it.
I'm talking about the intel management engine (ME), if you don't know about it just look up the libreboot website.

It's time to stop the intel-AMD dualopoly. There are small manufatueors (Raptor, someone on crowfund, etc) that produce safe hardware, but they are fucking expensive.
When will this change?
Should I give up?

Attached: IMG_4515.png (2027x1524, 2.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rzUVu07xX_s
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=power9-epyc-xeon&num=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>When will this change?
idk
>Should I give up?
no, here is potential for money from some good in the world if you can get a fablab going, which someone should.

The next year I'm going to university
I want to make the difference, I want to change all this.
I'm going to study CS & Engineering

Just buy an AMD FX chip. I have a 2016 athlon but some fags keep stating it has PSP, without proof.

>The next year I'm going to...
...buy the newest macbook with ARM CPU and calm the fuck down.

Do a computer engineering degree. Study computer architecture. Go as far as possible (get graduate degree). Start tonight look up mips or risc pipeline.

Could one theoretically do a homebrew encrypted fpga?

>not using an ARM single board computer as your main device
also >what's a risc-v

Is there even any RISC-V boards/cpus available yet. And does a single board ARM computer exist that has enough cpu power, ram and connectivity to be used as a pc

>When will this change?
When personal nano-fabrication becomes a reality and you can build your own system from scratch. Until then, these "secure" platforms will always be niche devices because:
-They don't stand out in the market as just another boring Linux system that runs the same shit as everything else but with the supposed absolute guarantee that mythical entities will not be able to spy on its operation
-Convenience _always_ outweighs security among those who don't live their entire lives on their computers nor conduct shady business worth attention on them
-The economy of scale will work against them for both of the above reasons, making them more expensive for what they actually offer
>Should I give up?
No, you should just accept that you have to pay more for special accommodations and stop bitching about it. Be happy there's even a market for you LARPing retards to live out your cyberpunk fantasies at all.

>Since ~2009 CPU manufactueurs haven't produced a single cpu that hasn't got a backdoor in it.
AMD FX 9590.

>t. FBI

And you wonder why nobody bothers to take you or your needs seriously.

Hopefully Ryzenfall and Masterkey can remove PSP

?
Privacy-oriented people are a minority. Nobody is LARPing.

Keep telling yourself that, but it sounds like you agree with the actual point I was making.

Are you daft? I agree that there is little money to be had from a consumer but to call it LARPing is absurd.

>macbook
>safe

>libreboot
Why use it when coreboot exists?

It's not LARPing in all cases, but there's probably more of it than you think. In places like these with a generally counter-culture bent and at least a bit of technical background, looking security and privacy-conscious is quite fashionable and virtuous, and a great way to look and feel more important than you actually are.

OP's a principled guy, he really cares about his privacy, but despite the myriad of pre-ME/non-x86 options that are easily obtainable and more than capable for 99% of "secure" computing that truly needs it he wants something shiny, new and Jow Forums-cool but doesn't want to pay for it.

1. yes, there are some already
2. single board computers been ok since early 2010s. Back in my day we used pc's which were 100 times less powerful than a raspberry pi or something

>Back in my day we used pc's which were 100 times less powerful than a raspberry pi or something
ye but browsing the web didn't require a supercomputer for all the javascript frameworks

If you truly value your security and privacy, why are you using those kinds of shitty websites to the point that you'd care?

idk, ask op
everyone knows the only way to freedom is to abandon closed source software

I don't know what that has to do with what I said, but alright.

non-free javascript a shit, wget for life, and icecat if you're a pleb

Do you not speak English as a first language or something?

I just don't feel like wasting time writing a perfectly coherent post to someone that probably wouldn't try to understand. Getting people to accept the importance of free software isn't worth the time, especially on a site that requires non-free JS to even post.

I asked you why you would care about the ability to browse all of the shitty data mining JS-heavy sites that clog the web as someone who cares about privacy and you started babbling a bunch of virtue signalling nonsense that was totally irrelevant to that point.

Stop pretending you intended to be retarded all along.

>Since ~2009 CPU manufactueurs haven't produced a single cpu that hasn't got a backdoor in it.
WRONG!

Meet the HiFive Unleashed, the world’s first RISC-V-based Linux development board. HiFive Unleashed is the ultimate RISC-V developer board. Featuring the world’s first and only Linux-capable, multi-core, RISC-V processor – the Freedom U540 – the HiFive Unleashed ushers in a brand new era for RISC-V.

Freedom U540: The First Linux-ready RISC-V Chip
As you expect from SiFive, the Freedom U540 is bleeding-edge RISC-V silicon:
>World’s fastest RISC-V Processor
>World’s only Linux-capable RISC-V SoC
>4+1 Multi-Core Coherent Configuration, up to 1.5 GHz
>4x U54 RV64GC Application Cores with Sv39 Virtual Memory Support
>1x E51 RV64IMAC Management Core
>Coherent 2MB L2 Cache
>64-bit DDR4 with ECC
>1x Gigabit Ethernet
>Built in 28nm

The revolution has started

Attached: hifive-unleashed-board-angle_jpg_project-tile.jpg (749x421, 64K)

Oh so you were that retard who bought an Athlon chip in 2018

All software is free if you crack it. All software is reliable if you crack it.

Free as in free speech you retard

>who needs more than two cores
-shintelfags
>athlon in 2018? You need more power to shitpost in chinese cartoon boards faggot!
-also shintelfags

>free speech hardware
You having a stroke or something?
Anyways, I wish IBM would start making mainstream consumer cpus.

>being told that buying an underperforming CPU built on obsolete architecture in (current year) is retarded
>HURRR YOU MUST BE A SHINTELFAG

>Meet the HiFive Unleashed, the world’s first RISC-V-based Linux development board. HiFive Unleashed is the ultimate RISC-V developer board. Featuring the world’s first and only Linux-capable, multi-core, RISC-V processor – the Freedom U540 – the HiFive Unleashed ushers in a brand new era for RISC-V.
>Freedom U540: The First Linux-ready RISC-V Chip
>As you expect from SiFive, the Freedom U540 is bleeding-edge RISC-V silicon:
>>World’s fastest RISC-V Processor
>>World’s only Linux-capable RISC-V SoC
+1 Multi-Core Coherent Configuration, up to 1.5 GHz
x U54 RV64GC Application Cores with Sv39 Virtual Memory Support
x E51 RV64IMAC Management Core
>>Coherent 2MB L2 Cache
-bit DDR4 with ECC
x Gigabit Ethernet
>>Built in 28nm

Gotta check this out

>free speech hardware
yes, hardware without patents and Jewish licencing. Hardware were their CAD design and schematics are put online for the community to fork and improve upon. Hardware that you can make yourself and doesn't have planned obsolescence. Hardware that respects your freedom. Hardware like , the arduino, OpenSourceEcology, the Novena Laptop, RepRap printers, etc

>Should I give up?
yes, stop being a hacker, get a life.

It's 999 dollars though and doesn't have graphics so you need to SSH into the machine. It's mainly targeted at serious hackers to improve the RISC-V platform and start developing for it.
I recommend watching this talk where they officially released the board in the last half. The first half is explanation of RISC-V and how it's gonna change the game which I also recommend watching. Just watch the whole thing:
youtu.be/rzUVu07xX_s

First we start using the name of the kernel as OS, now we're gonna use the name of the instruction set for CPUs. What is this trend?

This needs a bump

>fell for powermeme
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=power9-epyc-xeon&num=2

Use a fx 9590 or whatever's the last C2E processor. You're SOL otherwise.

>You need more power to shitpost in chinese cartoon boards faggot!
>t. retarded neckbeard NEET

>28 nm
>1.5 GHz
>probably expensive as fuck

That's where your wrong, faggot.
AMD Vishera (FX-x3xx) is the last platform that's botnet-free and it came out in 2012

Attached: 1436515308980.png (600x600, 28K)

>tfw i fried my fx-8350's mobo ocing it like a retard
if it's really botnet free then i'll buy a new one

The board is 999 dollars, but for a first generation development board it's pretty cheap