Dell Towers in dumpster?

Are this worth taking out of the dumpster to sell or part out or pawn?

Attached: 19EE405E-B63B-4789-A8E8-117F97AB68AB.jpg (4032x3024, 2.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BebyAVJdJgI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumping out of interest.

C2Q cpus are still very good today, they will be blocked and shit but u could flip them to poor people for 20-50 moneys depending on if they have a hardisk and ram.

I would just salvage the ram and go

All obsolete--no spectre patch

They probably all have bad power supplies hence the dumpster. But if you got few ways to make money and you don't value your repair time too much they're probly profitable judging by the prices Craigslist resellers ask for optiplexes.

>SOPA Boxes with the towers

Also dont expect there to be any HDDs in them.

I would take them all and part them out. They won't sell for much, you will be better selling the components i.e PSU, cooler, CPU, ram, motherboard, case etc. individually.

Are they all functional? What are the parameters they have?

take em

>core2
May be worth fishing out. The problem is they're only worth around $50 each and if they're missing any parts it'll cost you nearly that much just to get them running.
I'd take them to salvage the parts but I have a room dedicated to this.

yes, worth it. for parts even.

If they work they would be quite a lucrative little number. A lot of techs buy this stuff so they can run network test labs and learning environments. You dont need the latest greatest for that, also you will find that a lot of people will buy the windows licence stickers off the machine if the machine is no good and the licence is for windows 7,8,or 10

Where the fuck do you live? Probably can't sell em, but recycling or melting them down(heh, meltdown) is probably a cool idea.

Make a cluster out of all of them.

Make them into a desk.

Those most likely use Core Duo CPUs like the E8400, E8500. Which is the same CPU I have in both my home and work PC. I'm upgrading soon but these things hold up pretty well.

>people will buy the windows licence stickers off the machine
For what purpose? Microsoft won't allow you to activate the OEM key on a different machine.

wrong

of course. I've just used a Win 7 Pro key of a laptop on a desktop.

nobody gives a fuck about spectre
fuck off

Take all, salvage non-working, keep all HDDs for server useage in your home.
PCs are fast enough for HTPC use so use them.
Sell them to people that need a PC, make a buck while being a person that helps others.

slap a gtx 1050 into it and sell it for $300 bucks to gamers

Harvest the gold out of them

>Fucking stone age Core2Quad from 2005+ with a brand new GTX 1050
It's actually fast enough to not bottleneck the 1050 too much.

All of then have spectre and meltdown mitigating on Linux, Windows and *BSD's as long as you run then in 64 bit mode

They do for quite some OEM's, and you can always fool the activation but might as well use Daz or some KMS activator

>I would just salvage the ram and go
and the HD's for the magnets

That's bullshit, I had a Q9450 clocked to 4.2 through the North Bridge and that fucker was THE bottleneck when I had the 7870XT cutdown Tahiti card in Broderlands 2

install backdoors in them and sell them to other boom you have your personal botnet now you can ddos someone's mom

You underestimate how shit the vanilla GTX 1050 is.
youtube.com/watch?v=BebyAVJdJgI

Even an old Q6700 at stick is just a mere 13% bottlenecked by the 1050.

If it was a 1050 Ti it'd be a different thing.

Attached: not bottleneck enough.png (565x1143, 115K)

Attached: not bottleneck enough2.png (550x601, 40K)

All day long!
£80 a pop.

make a botnet with them

You mean the Q6700 is bottlenecking the 1050 vanilla
I was wrong, mine was the Q9550, it's funny that the site won't let you choose DDR2 memory considering that's what it used, anyways the problem is that when you over clocked Tahiti, even cutdown Tahiti, the percentage would definitely jump because no one left a Tahiti card at stock, also it doesn't account for poorly coded games like Borderlands 2

Forgot pic related

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-05-15-11-32.jpg (1080x1846, 416K)

Pretty worthless desu. Harddrives might be worth $5 bucks each. Everything else is trash.

I've had an idea I've been kicking around though. Wouldn't it be cool if you removed all the plastic crap from the cases, powder coat them, and resell the cases as minimalist cases made to order?

I must have thrown away hundreds of these and equivalent hp machines. They are common as dirt. Wasn't worth the trouble of selling them considering what we would get for them. They are good machines though, if you want to use them as servers or testing units or whatever. I see lots of fags on reddit wasting hundreds or thousands of dollars on used servers that they are only going to use 1% of the capacity of, when these do just fine at many things. So you should grab a couple if you're interested in sich things, op.

You could salvage the parts, cpu should be worth at least something. Pretty sure the power supplies are gonna be shit, and they won't have hard drives most likely but the cpu would be the most value. Motherboard is probably cheap shiet too but you could bundle it with the cpu for people. The case it's generic. If you can't sell it, I'm sure you could salvage the metal for your own projects or recycle it maybe?

The cases use the BTX standard, so they will be limited to old/oem motherboards unless you do some heavy modification.

I haven't played BL, but as you say, nobody runs those stock.
The whole DDR2 thing I also think is stupid because why list CPU in the list if it's not gonna list RAM used for those CPUs.

Tahiti cards are just that fast compared to GTX1050 which I would say doesn't deserve to have the GTX title. GT is more accurate since it's so slow.
I was so close to buying one of the 1050 Ti, then I saw the ASUS DUAL 1060 3GB which was just $5 more, and then I saw a Strix 1060GB that was $1 ($300) cheaper than the DUAL at DreamHack when I was over there.
Biggest and best purchase in this bitcoin craze era. (it's normal price was $455).

You could take the HDDs and wipe them and make externals with racks.

I'm always stirred up seeing dumpster PCs like this. The impulsive part of my brain demands that i hoard it, but the rational part of my brain tells me there is no practical need for this garbage. How do y'all cope witht his feeling?

Attached: 800px-Ewaste-pile.jpg (800x1067, 188K)

By hoarding it.

looks like optiplex 760's

Attached: the MFB is fulll.png (300x800, 185K)

>implying I will throw away my C2D laptop
No man/g/ you can use these devices in many things. Like give ithose to people in need, they will not give a fuck about spectre in order to have a still decent computation device.
I'll guess that in a few months we will have stable distros with patches for melt/spectre and will be reliable enough to use them as file servers / firewalls for super small business

FUCK YEAH!
GET EM'!!!

I'd definitely get every single one.

i have never seen a working piece of electronics that i could take out for free in my life. then i go into youtube and i get jelly at those fagmasters getting over 9000 imacs and working core duos in a few minutes. fuck, man.

put them on ebay
might get $500+ for all of them

by selling them

Yeah that's what i do normally, but sometimes it can take years before somebody comes along wanting to buy that crap.

not really
i sell useless crap on ebay and it's usually gone within a month

Perhaps if you're in the US, as a resident of europoor shipping is at least 30$-50$ for sending anything computer-sized within the EU.

Posting from a c2d similar specs to what is in that dumpster. I use this as my main PC. My gaming PC has better specs but this is the one I am always on. Selling wont get squat, Pawns dont normally take items 3+ years old if Computer, but good as a spare or give to friends if you get it working.

Cluster them and build a really shitty super computer in your basement.

Attached: 1524121003941.jpg (720x398, 81K)

>Cluster them and build a really shitty super computer in your basement.
>$500 electric bill every month

Attached: image_7.jpg (500x317, 121K)

I pull the CPUs and ram and keep them in a box and junk the rest.

BSEL mod on them to OC.

I own one, they're a shit computer they throttle doing the most basic tasks like playing music.

Imagine the RAID 0 monstrosity you could build with all of the hard drives

I couldn't get it to work, I tried to do it when I first got into building computers and I think I fucked it up, had to go through the north bridge to get mine to jump

that's not true. I got a Optiplex 755 (kitchen computer) and it plays music fine.

You can probably scrap them for 2-3 dollars a piece :)

user is this in tulsa? can i get a couple?

>Core2
>sell or part out or pawn
Imagine being this much of an awful human being.

Mesa Arizona actually

The banking passwords on the hard drives could be worth millions.

>bottleneck calculator
El-oh-el comedy gold

Attached: 1523865911928.jpg (630x421, 221K)

>core2
>win vista

those are at least a decade old. only thing worth salvaging would be the hard drives, but they've probably been removed already

Yes. If only to take a looksie at what on the hard drives -- assuming they haven't been sanitized.

>Trusting this trash
The absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: 1525235778187.png (739x662, 286K)

>Core2Quad from 2005

Yeah.... no.

They're old, but not THAT old.

Jan 2017, so 11 years ago.

Would be ok for games like Overwatch, and rocket league.

Even slower than Celeron G3930 (7th gen kaby lake $39 "miners special" CPU)/. and G3930 stomps it in single core IPC as it should.

Jan 2007, I mean.

Mine some crypto or run Link nodes. Use them to surf shady fucking sites full of viruses. Wipe hard drives and use them as storage. Make a server for media in your home, or a server to run a site. Lots of possibilities.

I've never been able to find Core2Quads at a reasonable price. LGA775-modded Xeons however are easy and i put them in any old C2D machine i can find.

Create working systems from the parts. Then learn to install Gentoo. When you’re done donate the working systems to charity and RECYCLE the leftovers.

They'd be worth something if they were Macs.
But they are PCs so they are where they belong.

The tape note says usbram w/SSD. I suspect these have been stripped of usb cards, ram and SSD. Unstripped they are worth ~$50. Sorry for your loss OP.

What's a reasonable price? Q6600's on ebay go for

Which asshole puts electronics in dumpster instead of electrowaste/recycling

Did OP actually got them?

OP jumped in the dumpster but then the truck came

now he's posting in the dumpster in the truck on the dell tower

>look mom i posted it

My point is that you should always go with Xeons because you get more performance. Like if you only have 10$ to spend why bother with a Q6600 when you can get an E5430? Faster 775 chips like the Q9650 go for about 45$ on eBay whereas their Xeon equivalents, or even better Xeons can be found for about 20$-ish.

I've compared performance on an E5440 to a newer-generation Pentium G630 PC and it's about the same, with the xeon doing better on multi-threaded workloads.

Take them, and make sure which are working. Put together broken ones so that they can be up and running as well.

Only Meltdown mitigations.
Spectre mitigations need the new instructions from microcode updates, which Core2 CPUs don't get.