Now that Manjaro is officially cucked, it's time to move on to another distro

Now that Manjaro is officially cucked, it's time to move on to another distro

Attached: DistroWatch-com- Put the fun back into computing- Use Linux- BSD-.png (388x379, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180427.iso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is it cucked? Also mint is ugly out of the box i don't know why people shill it so hard

Indeed, it's never too late to install gentoo

>le hate everything that is popular meme
Jow Forums users really need to neck themselves

>Manjaro
Manjaro's for people too retarded to install Arch.

just use arch

Manjaro bspwm reporting in. I am never distro hopping again

Number 4 is the only correct answer.

One thread wasn't enough??

Where's gentoo?

bspwm best wm

>using manjaro instead arch

I hate manjaro. They constantly need to fix their packages with some obscure "manjaro-image". just now i got an update for firefox that doesn't work because of file collisions. They have given me "manjaro-image" to install that was supposed to fix it but it doesn't. Now i'm sitting here on my ass and have to wait for those ghouls to update their shit.
Seriously, how can you fuckup an update to the most popular software in linux?

just werks™

>hits per day

Attached: 6fc359ba42755c1f9afabdef810a970f.jpg (640x360, 55K)

Jow Forums together with bintpol and /v/ is a cesspool full of redditors

No you tard, I've installed Arch around 6 times. I use Manjaro as my daily driver now because it's nicely preconfigured out of the box and I don't have to rice and spend an hour of 2-3 configuring things to my liking. You sound like a pleb that installed Arch once and now condemn everything that isn't Arch.

How often do you install OS that it is an issue for you spending one hour more for configuring it?

>daily driver

Attached: 1524061064150.png (322x297, 126K)

I have work to do, like shilling pro Jewish stuff on Jow Forums. Can't be ricing my desktop all day.

Yet you reinstall your OS often enough for the one-time installation and configuration to be a problem?

Redpill me on MX/AntiX OS's

Ask arch. They would know.

I have never seen arch break the way manjaro does and i have used arch more than this wannabeubuntu

Antergos, easy install, low bloat, looks awesome

>implying anything beats a clean install
I am a mess at maintaining my system, if I use a system for too long I start having an overfilled downloads, pictures, home folder. I start having in the thousands of packages. I start placing things on my desktop(!!!) Because everything else gets unorganized. With Arch I often have multiple DEs and WMs installed after some point, which often leads to some weird behavior.
Let's just say that I'm happy that Manjaro is preconfigured and doesn't want me to try a bazillion different configs. I rather distro hop than DE/WM hop inside Arch.

No one is too retarded to install Arch. You only need to be capable to read and write.

Clean installs are for people who don't know what they are doing desu.

Are we allowed to use Ubuntu now?

>need to be capable to read and write.

From what I remember, isn't hitting buttons randomly enough to get a perfectly working install?

Popular things attract normalfags and normalfags attract cuckery, botnet and dumb.

Ubuntu works fine for me.

Just learn to maintain your fucking system. Not installing shit isn't hard user. Your problem reeks of an idiots Windows usage.

Do you also never clean your room? Do you move when it's too dirty at home?

Sure mate. You should sleep well tonight.

It's the easiest transition from Windows for people who are new to Linux.

I'm just chaotic, I am bad at maintaining a clean room yeah. That's why I like big cleaning days. Lol.

Stop calling the GNU operating system 'Linux'.

Have big cleaning days for your system as well then. Designate shit that'll be purged every time (like downloads directory) and don't store shit you want to save in that place. Package manager has enough utilities to make cleaning up packages easy if you actually try for once.

>Arch install
>hitting buttons

what do you mean?

Manjaro, not Arch.
It has an installation GUI.

Been a few years since I last used it, but if I remember correctly the only things I had to type in were my root password, user name and user password.

From my experience it was even easier than installing Windows 7.

Attached: 1484586783179.png (4000x2400, 802K)

Comment referred to an Arch Install.

I use Manjaro because their "M" emblem is better than Mint's "M"

Attached: 1234345346.jpg (306x306, 12K)

I'm amazed that normies use manjaro. I never successfully installed it since it has that god awful calamares installer

Attached: cancerwatch.png (270x630, 35K)

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180427.iso

i use manjaro because arch updates break your system every 2 weeks

It actually uses ext4 as standard instead of btrfs. I have a broken sddm now thanks to it. my HP piece of shit laptop really likes to overheat when i use the browser so it freezes often because of shitty gpu drivers (amd again). ext4 just can't deal with sudden poweroffs so it often empties system files that were currently in use. I had overheating problems in the past with broken CPUs that never were a problem thanks to COW making sure my files don't get deleted.
"Stable" my ass, fuck ext evangelists.

And people wonder why archfags are such screeching faggots, they lack brain capacity to read a short post properly

Attached: 1437361444089.png (1200x796, 596K)

Arch is easy to install. But it's a pointless waste of time once you're proficient in Linux.

The only real problem with arch is that it comes with a few undesirable programs pre-installed (ms office, hp printer shit, and steam if you arent gayman, to name a few) and the way the devs handle packages, which isnt an issue -most- of the time. Otherwise i think out of all the "babby's first linux" its the best choice one could make. t. uses parabola but started out on manjaro. oh and it doesnt respect your freedumbs :^)

>problem with arch
*problem with manjaro

following the distro watch ranks is worst noob move.

been there, done that.

It's literally the same as the Ubuntu installer but it doesn't ask you to add repos for proprietary software

Please do not call the GNU system Linux. Linux is just a kernel, used in systems such as GNU and Android.

What's the source of this image?

distrowatch.
noobs gateway

>An userland is an OS
Go be autistic somewhere else stallman

if you were actually
>proficient in linux
you would be able to install arch in < 30 minutes, just admit you're too brainlet to install something without a GUI

>I am never distro hopping again
Who are you fooling?

Archtards are retarded and break there system every pacman -Syyu so they have to constantly reinstall
Don't use Arch or any Arch based distro (including Manjaro)

Fffffuck, I better get around to learning how to install Arch.
On a scale of Windows to gentoo how hard is it to install?

>Debian based
>NodeJS install script for Debian doesn't just fucking werk on MX
>Same thing for Docker
...That's all I've got really. Good OS, I've gotta say.

The difference between arch and gentoo isn't that big. If you are capable of reading and understanding instructions then it isn't that hard. I remember 5 years ago when I first tried arch, I didn't know much about Linux commands but I was able to install it. Didn't know what half the commands did or what they meant but it changed my whole view of Linux. The second time I installed it I understood more what I was doing and made me way more comfortable using the commandline.
A proper Arch install is a learning process and exercise. The arch wiki is the best Linux wiki period.

v o i d

But I've already been using Ubuntu since 10.10.

Make me, nerd.

D e p r e c a t e d

I use Antergos. Firefox is just fine. It's a Manjaro problem not an arch problem.

Nope, you're retarded. Arch Linux attracts people that want to learn more about Linux and power users. Those power users know how to fix shit. The people that for the learning experience might come across issues but those are the exercises that lead people down the rabbit hole, those people don't reinstall because some issue (at least not the most) but rather to see how much they have improved. Like when you go to noobie areas in games after you've been leveling for a long time. There needs to exist an Arch linux since it's a training ground for users that want get closer to understanding the scope of linux and feel to intimidated by something like Linux From Scratch

>distro that actually works
>it's shit
Classic Jow Forums

>move on to another distro
Why do you faggots distro hop so much? Just pick one and configure it however you want. Debian, Arch, Fedora, even gentoo are fine choices.

No it isn't. they do use it in kubuntu

There is nothing wrong with using Devuan.

Attached: anime girl.jpg (555x490, 147K)

MXLinux user reporting. It's basically one of the best debian-based distros out there. Really stable and pretty huge backport repos from MX and debian. Xfce (nothing else to say about this). MX-tools rocks and no systemd spyware. Also definitely recommended for MS refugees.

www.gnu.org
OS since 1983 when Linux wasn't even an idea.

But I don't use whatever the hell GNU is. I use Linux. What are you even talking about? Cuck

Attached: It's not GNU Linux.jpg (804x931, 362K)

why not just install anarchy at that point
it's easy enough to please even the laziest of tards, and is only as bloated as you make it
plus it's actually fucking stable

why is that a bad thing? botnet monkeys need to start somewhere at least somewhat familiar

Give me one single reason anyone would use Manjaro instead of Antergos.

Was the easiest. The design sucks now compared to Windows 10 for normies

If you use Linux and don't know what GNU is, you're using GNU.

Getting BSD/Linux or GNU/kBSD is a very deliberate action that no distro I know of, except for those meant for memory constrained systems, delivers out if box.

Attached: 1514312465734.jpg (850x1261, 381K)

Also what
was talking about is that the command line isn't linux, it's bash or whatever shell you've set up, same with cp, ls, mv, rm, ps, are part of coreutils that's often GNU.

If you're only using Linux, you have a computer that boots, but with no screen output, congratulations.

You need to install and configure packages, whereas others are ready to go without the hassle and have better compatibility with closed source software.

RHSA, Linux+, and sysadmin by trade. Been using Linux for over 15 years.

Arch is a meme for Linux noobs who think it's a hard distro.

No distros are hard. Submit a kernel patch, then you're actually decent.

GNU/Linux*

*linux

What's wrong is Calamares? It seemed pretty intuitive when I used it and I didn't have to look anything up.

>becomes popular
>means it's cucked
No wonder you geeks had no friends in high-school

That or they just dont want to deal with arch's bullshit and want something stable that already has everything you need. I installed arch multiple times and I have to say I will neaver ditch my Manjaro system for it

>inane greetext
>stinky neet gabu

like pottery

You want a big user base when it comes to software. Running a special snowflake distro gives you nothing but headaches while massively increasing your digital footprint.