>posts in desktop threads showing his wallpapers filled with traps
>doesn't recommend or use Trisquel

Attached: freegrug.jpg (371x338, 34K)

Trisquel is really out of date. Use parabola

>arguable conspiracy theories
>privacy policy is arguable
>PRISM programme is arguable

Gentoo isn't obscure

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1520544649902.png (500x333, 487K)

>latest version: 5th April 2018
>plans for a future 9.0 update published
>out of date

Trisquel is easier to install, less hassle to configure and it's closer to real freedom.

It also doesn't work on my hardware and doesn't have software I want to use.

It's based on Ubuntu 16.04, it's out of date by design.

There are Linux distributions without GNU.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

>doesn't work on my hardware
How?
>doesn't have software I use
If you need to use non-free software, Windows is a much better choice than most distro out there anyways

Ubuntu 16.04 is absolutely fine even now that 18.04 is available.

but I do use trisquel

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-02 19:01:57.png (1280x800, 896K)

having a great keks in this thread. so many triggered desktop thread posters.

>If you need to use non-free software, Windows is a much better choice than most distro out there anyways
Last time I checked freetard distros didn't even have firefox
inb4: use our outdated freetard fork

Redditor go back

Trisquel fucking sucks, just like Ubuntu. They are a pain in the arse to configure, as they were not designed with such a thing in mind, and their software is always way out of date. Their repos are also old and don't have many essential programs. I don't know why anyone would torture themselves with an Ubuntu based distro.

Love it.

>indonesian
what is that your country or something

Good boy (girl)

What distros did you check? Trisquel uses the superior Abrowser, no need for standard Firefox.

>I don't know why anyone would torture themselves with an Ubuntu based distro
It's not a matter of using Ubuntu or a different main distro. You use Trisquel because it's 100% free, so everything else is irrelevant.

>You use Trisquel because it's 100% free
You act like it is the only distro that meets that criteria.

Nominate another distro then

Parabola, GuixSD

All of the ones endorsed by the FSF.

Debian if you don't add the non-free repository. It comes with a deblobbed kernel and all.

Try sticking to distros that use the Linux-libre kernel. You can't argue that Debian is 100% free software when the kernel it uses is not 100% free.

>systemd

Conspiracy theories? What the fuck?
Everything wrong with Windows 10 is plain confirmed facts, nothing to guess here.
Off yourself.

A distro that doesn't let you install what you want because "muh freedom" is the antithesis of "real freedom".

It's free as in freedomâ„¢.

No, it means that the software respects your freedom. Installing the distro is voluntary and you can uninstall it whenever you want. The real antithesis of freedom is your insistence that every distro meets your arbitrary requirements.

>ability to install whatever you want
>arbitrary requirements
Sounds like you're projecting, user.

Attached: 1352947123307.jpg (1136x720, 96K)

You have the ability to install whatever you want, to an extent, on other distros. Why try to force free distros to make non-free software available, thus making them non-free distros? You could just use a non-free distro.

So... you mean to say... a distro that restricts me more... gives me more freedom??

Debian's Linux comes deblobbed. They use their own deblob scripts.

If it uses entirely free software, yes, because non-free software restricts your freedom.

Yes, but "tr00 freedumz" shouldn't prevent you from using it if you want/need it in the first place.

How is it preventing you from using that software?

They are not preventing you from installing propreitary software, they just don't distribute it.

some people too dumb to edit source and recompile to get the features they want

>Pacman

DROPPED

>Arguable conspiracy theories
>The companies shamelessly admit to them
(You)

Go away Stallman

>that tfw when you want to use a FSF-approved GNU/Linux distribution
>tfw you can't because your wifi card has no libre drivers so you're forced to install at least one non-free package
this is the meaning of suffering

Attached: 5142514216345.png (1039x591, 830K)

Replace the card, then, or get a dongle.

user, you're a genius