I wasn't here in a while, what's Jow Forums's final verdict on the new GIMP 2.10?

I wasn't here in a while, what's Jow Forums's final verdict on the new GIMP 2.10?

Attached: GIMP_2_10.jpg (960x587, 127K)

i prefer medium rare

Can't draw a circle - useless.

shit, use krita

PHOTOSHOP KILLER, THE NEW SINGLE WINDOW MODE WIT THE NEW DARK THEME, MAKES GIMP LOOK LIKE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTO EDITOR.
>inb4 a dark theme isn't a feature
IT IS RETARD, THE LOOKS OF GIMP WAS THE ONLY THING HOLDING IT BACK. NOW THAT IT LOOKS AS GOOD AS PHOTOSHOP IT ISN'T AN ARGUMENT ANYMORE WHICH PHOTOEDITOR TO USE.
GIMP COULD ALREADY DO EVERYTHING THAT PHOTOSHOP DOES PLUS MORE. THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE GAVE IT SHIT IS BECAUSE IT LOOKED SHITTY. NOW FINALLY THIS ISN'T THE CASE ANYMORE.
THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO FOR GIMP IS CHANGE THE DEFAULT THEME TO THIS SLICK BEASTY DARK THEME AND SINGLEWINDOW MODE, SO THAT NORMIES IMMEDIATELY FEEL THE PROFESSIONAL VIDEO EDITOR THAT IS GIMP.

ALSO FOR YOU PHOTOSHOP FAGS READING THIS, NAME ONE, JUST ONE THING MISSING FROM GIMP. YOU CAN'T YOU PREJUDGMENTAL FAGGOT.

big if true

>THE NEW SINGLE WINDOW MODE
I'm sure I tried GIMP somewhere last year and it had single window mode.

>KDE dependency
No.

Pretty decent.

It's relatively new ;)

>The abbreviation GIMP has caused some controversy, mostly by SJWs who can't take a joke, even if it is unintended. GIMP is slang in both the BDSM and hardcore-gay communities for a overly-submissive man who (usually) is into pet play. This term, while predating it by many years, was popularized in the 1994 film Pulp Fiction. After being held hostage by a man named Zed, he brings out his "gimp" in what is known as a "gimp suit", a full body leather suit.
>Due to this slang, the people that think they're doing good by doing nothing but annoying everyone with cringeworthy statements, are against GIMP.
gimp master race

Except you can.
>Round selection
>Stroke selection with brush

It is, just wanted to clarify that it's not from the last big update.

it had it since 2.8.x

Wait, why would SJWs be against gay sex?

>VIDEO EDITOR

>>VIDEO EDITOR
There is a plugin for that :^))

I still prefer Paint.NET

>can't make circles without workarounds
>can't rotate or add filters to text without rasterizing it making it longer editable
>no proper layer effects
>no border radius for squares that can be changed at any time
>literally adding any slightest effect to any element (shapes for example) immediately rasterizes it

It fucking sucks, I bought Affinity Designer recently and it is worth every penny. I doubt free software will ever catch up.

Beats me.
They also banned the term "master / slave" because of the unintended references to BDSM.

better than photardshop

The old "look it's FOSS", "but not anymore" is very trust worthy and a great example of screwing over the community. Why are you still using that piece of shit? They probably hid cryptominers in there or something.

>t. buttmad freetard
GIMP developers are mouthbreathers, get over it

I thought that was offensive to niggers because it brought back memories.

>it can't make circles
You are now aware that literally no image software in the world can make a pefect circle since pixels are squares and circles are circles. If this isn't a circle then I don't know what you faggots do consider a circle.

Attached: circle.png (1110x844, 24K)

Of course it can. It's a joke that is either still ongoing, or maybe some people really bought into it and are now parroting bullshit.
Who knows.

>moving the goalposts

Oh yes, the Affinity software is excellent. Had Adobe Creative Cloud but cancelled after getting Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.

>NAME ONE, JUST ONE THING MISSING FROM GIMP
the ability to do real work

new pepper logo

I guess my comfortzone is wider than yours. I don't give a single fuck if a program is foss or propertiary. Some people care about color of napkins in the restaurant other care about software licenses.

>ALSO FOR YOU PHOTOSHOP FAGS READING THIS, NAME ONE, JUST ONE THING MISSING FROM GIMP. YOU CAN'T YOU PREJUDGMENTAL FAGGOT.
adjustment layers

NAME ONE, JUST ONE THING MISSING FROM GIMP

Geometric shapes. Not a PSfag tho.

>NAME ONE, JUST ONE THING MISSING FROM GIMP.
Ability to generate costs to lower taxes.

It is faster.

>NOW THAT IT LOOKS AS GOOD AS PHOTOSHOP
gtk2 looks awful on windows

>JUST ONE THING MISSING FROM GIMP
thumbnails in the file picker :^)

(You)

Nice. Can it rotate text without rasterizing it yet?

A subscription model

SJWs are OFFENDED by something?! I'm SHOCKED!

>falling for this olden bait
bruh

can you outline text yet?

I'm on 2.8.22. How do I enable the dark theme? Is that your OS theme doing that?

Never heard of it. At least it looks like you can outright buy it. It's Adobe tard-tacular business model that made me give up on them. I outright owned Photoshop Elements about 12 years ago (still do, I guess). When they told me I needed to "rent" the latest version to get the newest features, I uninstalled my paid edition, and switched to GIMP. Never looked back. My work pays for CC for anyone that wants it, and I told them to save their money. The marketing folks are so weirded out that I use GIMP, but they never can tell by looking at my work. The work flow may be different between PS and GIMP, but there simply isn't a final result that can be achieved on one that cannot be achieved on the other.

I waited for years, and I'm still waiting, because it still isn't in arch's repos. I'm assuming it's the best thing since sliced bread, because I love GIMP anyway. Warp tool is probably the thing I'm waiting for the most.

Apparently no. It still rasters after rotation.

Attached: circles.png (499x371, 349K)

>real work
I don't think your shitty memes count as "real work." Explain specifically what GIMP can't do or shut the fuck up.

that's not comfort zone, that's delusion

>arch's repos
Just download and compile it yourself, ya dumb dumb

I've waited for YEARS since last stable release, and I can wait for a bit logner. This isn't GNU Emacs where I'd compile a newer version and keep it around until arch repos catch up.

It was dark theme for me automatically when I installed 2.10.

Use Windows + Krita

It is fucking great.

they removed the twain driver or something so I cannot scan any documents or photos. I installed the previous version then. sucks

>I Can't draw a circle - useless.
FTFY

that's not how you do it tho

>>can't make circles without workarounds

why aren't you using arc-dark

>what's Jow Forums's final verdict on the new GIMP 2.10?
Inconclusive (it's still not in gentoo's main tree as they are still sorting out the dependencies so it can actually be build)

Needs only 10 or so small kde-libs, not the full suite

Attached: Royal.Penguin.(Kemono.Friends).full.2085729.jpg (744x1052, 559K)

It does not come with a calculator

>has a scheme console
But it does come with a calculator.

It does, you can type operations on textboxes asking for numbers. For example to duplicate the size you just do *2.

I think Wilbur is pretty cute.

the new gimp is totally kino

Is that then some build-in theme that overrides the systemwide gtk theme I have?

probably

Needs easier ability to do basic things such as adding an outline to fonts without having to do custom layers and filling in colors and shit. Pathetic.

Still use it for basic layering edits though.

you can use the official AppImage and enjoy your furry mascot

Like Photoshop with none of the features

>he can't freehand a perfect circle

man, I did some picture editing for my boss in a bank once. She asked me what program I did it in and I said GIMP. She had the weirdest look on her face for about 3 seconds until I continued GNU Image Manipulation Program. She still looked at me a little weird.

Just type an 'o' if you need a circle.

Damn, this shit defaults to black. GOAT program for me my dogs

I like this pasta

>that's not how you do it tho
What's the proper way?

edit
fill with colour
select
shrink
delete

This but unironically