Which distro for linux should I use?

Which distro for linux should I use?

Not going to use: arch, gentoo or ubuntu. I want something that just werks out of the box as much as possible without being gay like ubuntu. I'm an intermediate level user compared to normies but a noob on Jow Forums.

Attached: afbabd26b1ae654ffa32cebc19ca374f.jpg (652x960, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxfromscratch.org/
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/1489/is-mac-os-x-unix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix-like#Categories
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Solus if you're just web browsing and not doing heavy productivity. Debian otherwise. Debian Testing if you need up to date software.

>without being gay like ubuntu
Now that's a fine reasoning if I ever saw one.

How about Manjaro then? It's popular, judging by this

OpenSUSE

babby's first linux on installgentoo wiki
/thread

>I'm an intermediate level user compared to normies but a noob on Jow Forums.
Then use anything you want, it's literally all the same basic concepts. Package managers and "freshness" of software are pretty much the only differences among the non-autistic distros.

slackware

Lubuntu

don't use debian testing, it doesn't receive security updates and software can be in a freezed state without being patched for a long time, use sid(unstable) or stable

bunsenlabs (debian based, minimal gui)

Isn't manjaro just Arch without having to configure anything yourself? Seems gay and redit to me. At least arch you have to do it yourself, which I don't want to do for my main computer. But just skipping ahead and having the easyboi knockoff of arch seems like something a redit nerd and fag would do.

Attached: 1525136096171.jpg (625x804, 69K)

Just try em all and see which one you like best.

>Which distro for linux should I use?
Short answer - whatever works best for your needs.
Long answer - try them all, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Gentoo, Debian, CentOS, Arch, Slackware, all Ubunties...
I kinda selected for myself OpenSUSE, since it just werks.

>At least arch you have to do it yourself, which I don't want to do for my main computer.
>But just skipping ahead and having the easyboi knockoff of arch seems like something a redit nerd and fag would do.
>which I don't want to do
>don't want to do
>gay and redit

Decide, do you want to be a bad boi like Arch Linux users, or do you want to be a gay little boy and not configure an OS for yourself. Manjaro or Arch, it's your choice.

fedora if you want the OS to be out of your way and if you want to do shit instead of fiddle around with settings for days

Gentoo and Arch is the real deal distros. Using a knock off like Mandingo and Sabayon is just embarrassing and shows that you are a weak fagot sissyboi redit homosexual. You're better off going with another distro that isn't gay.

Attached: 1525482899213.png (984x840, 225K)

are you retarded or am i taking the bait?
>I dont want arch because i dont want to configure everything
>I dont want manjaro because its preconfigured, gay and redit
install literally anything and leave, you underage mongrel

OpenSuse+KDE
RPM Base and Arch Repo, autoinstall, good Management tools built in, etc

Ok, then pick a distro that isn't gay. You already seem to know everything, so why did you make this thread?

Found the reditfag using Mandingo.

Attached: Gay_5ce0dc_2143546.jpg (480x308, 24K)

Kali is pretty good, makes you a hacker.

kys hackfagger

To get ideas I guess. None of the distros seem cool to me right now.

I've tried Knoppix, Mate, Slitaz, Puppylinux, Redhat Fedora, Mint, Ubuntu and a few others.

I liked Knoppix and Redhat the most out of those but now I want something new that's cool and not gay but I'm not ready for Gentoo on my main computer bc I don't want to mess around with it.

Attached: 1525483439500.jpg (492x661, 105K)

What should I choose?
OpenSUSE + KDE
or
Fedora + KDE
or
Ubuntu 18.04
or
Debian + i3?

Manjaro. Can't imagine using a linux based OS w/o the AUR.

>but I'm not ready for Gentoo on my main computer
That's because you're a little gayboi

gentoo + tty

MacOS is the easiest, cleanest, and most professional Linux distribution. You'll be backed by the world's second largest brand, have yearly OS updates vetted by billions of computers, and have the best font rendering the entire ecosystem has to offer.

nah, i dont want to spend all of my freetime ot compile nothing, but ty

debian is for you user, its light weight and stable
it gives you a proper linux experience without feeling like a neckbeard

ubuntu. explain what's gay about it

Linux from Scratch

linuxfromscratch.org/

MacOS isnt Linux, u retard

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/1489/is-mac-os-x-unix
I'm sorry, what was that, sweaty?

Nigger, Linux != Unix.
Both of them are nix, but not same.
kys

Honestly man I doing the same shit up until about a year ago (when i actually got employed ironically). Just install Ubuntu and call it a day.

We all know the real reason we OS hop so much: so we can waste all our time installing and configuring our systems for MUH SKREENFETSCH instead of getting actual shit done.

Trust me bro. I did it, you're doing it, we all do/did it at some point.

I bet that turned you on saying it.

Mac UI is horrible and their hardware is overpriced.

you have right.

AUR is an overrated sewer.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1514158352505.jpg (300x357, 13K)

yea, but gentoo and arch users from Jow Forums has really small penis, and they want to pretentend it bigger

>noob on Jow Forums
ubuntu it is

Just because he put his damn name on it doesn't make it not include MacOS
Their hardware has uncompromising quality restrictions which add to the price. Find me a laptop that runs any other OS at the same size, weight, power, and screen quality, while maintaining battery life and speed.

Attached: Screenshot_20180505-085230-01.jpg (560x698, 66K)

kys hipster faggot

This. Specifically Tumbleweed

xubuntu, werks out the box, looks pretty good, and easy to use

>Not knowing what the phrase Unix-like means
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix-like#Categories
GNU/Linux was created to also be compatible with UNIX rather than creating compatibility issues by making a whole different operating system which would further fragment the computer world. GNU/ Linux created everything from scratch that would be compatible with UNIX machines.

>has uncompromising quality restrictions

No this is you just saying stuff, you can get the same quality for a fraction of the price without anywhere near the rate of failure of macs which saves you even more money in the long run. I don't pay attention to Apple products but my first guess would be HP Spectre and Lenovo Yoga and Asus Zenbook that will all do what apple computers do for cheaper.

Attached: d6ca3da560ea05ea8e7eb57d5eda487b.png (960x839, 55K)

why would i use opensuse with i3 instead of debian sid? im curious

always cracks me up

Ignoring your first rambling bit, because you're bringing in [[[GNU]]].
You say that you say I can get the same quality with a Lenovo (read: compromised hardware), an HP (touchscreen garbage), or an Asus (only one Port).
Laughable.

Arch works out of the box you stupid fat nigger... Why the fuck would you want anything done for you anyway?
Probably as intermediate as a fat niggers in a wheelchair

Linux was designed to be use and be compatible with GNU software idiot. And yes I am saying that and you can get it for much cheaper. In what way am I wrong? I'll await your answer.

Why let apple dictate the premises of quality anyways. You can easily flip it around and the situation becomes much worse for apple.. like find me an apple laptop that doesn't overheat or find me an apple laptop with the same specifications as a Yoga that is touchscreen and can be converted into a tablet. You wouldn't be able to at all and for the same specs you would pay far more for far less function.

Attached: 0PD8_LQWykTx7cs5cLz3say-NuRPHPgMuiKh4m0YCBM.gif (800x600, 143K)

some people would rather have a stable and point release distro user. arch users are the fucking worst

try lubuntu
if it werks normal (no weird video shit, no excessive fan noise/temperature) install

>Linux is designed to be compatible with GNU
Nice bait, see pic
>Unironically desiring greasy fingers on a screen
Stop shilling for a company that was literally found to be installing malware on people's machines.
Touch screens on business computers (MacBook pro) would be an anti-feature.

That's the uncompromising part that I was mentioning, Apple doesn't really in gimmicks to sell their hardware. They even give their Linux distribution out for free.

Attached: 1495140018740.png (500x500, 279K)

You whole post completely ignores the overprice for specs issue that apple has and the only way you justified it earlier was by saying it has "uncompromising quality restrictions"

But just now you said those same restrictions are it doesn't have what you call gimmicks to sell their hardware (overpriced hardware)

Your arguments are all over the place and don't make sense. I already debunked your price point, I don't know what it is you want me to believe apple is so much better for.

Your point on malware preinstalled is presumptious. You think there is only 1 laptop that can do what I described? Lmao no. Also it's well known that apple hands out nearly any information it can to the feds and sells user information without the uses of malware (in lenovos case it was adware not malware btw)

Also LMAO at thinking the majority of apple computers aren't used by hipsters for facebook or that the few people using them for business can't do the same quality job with a laptop 1/5th price. You don't need a 2,500 macbook to check email and fill orders for your business lmao.

Attached: images.jpg (264x191, 12K)

You're a fucking useless ape

>Stop shilling for a company that was literally found to be installing malware on people's machines.
Stop shilling for a company that was literally found to employ planned obsolescense.