Is there a file manager better than Vista out there?

Is there a file manager better than Vista out there?

I never had any problems running Vista it werked just fine as an OS for me but one thing that stood out as amazing was it's file manager. Nearly perfect the only way to improve it would to be add some present day features like a persitent new folder icon.

None of the other Windows OS have a better file manager than Vista. Is there an alternative file manager for linux or windows that is superior though that I am missing out on?

I go through thousands of files to organize so this is important to me.

Attached: file-explorer-windows-vista_210159.jpg (555x487, 103K)

huh really?

problems with all windows file managers:
>RENAME EXTENSION CONFIRMATION (seriously, why?)
>cant customize status bar,
>no consistent way to get a selection's size in status bar immediately no matter the window size

problems with windows NT6 managers:
>cant customize top bars except for a limited selection of buttons in 1 bar
look at OP screenshot, you gotta have 2 bars to use the essential buttons, even NT5 u could have a single bar for location and buttons
>specially annoying to get a selections size, u gotta use that stupid thicccc "details panel" on bottom, and it gotta be resized to a good 6 lines of height (with lots of whitespace) to show seletion size for all file types

if you select only oggs for instance, the stupid shit want to show all sorts of info before size, uagain even NT5 had a simple minuscule field fixed on statusbar to show selection size

So what file manager just werks better than windows Vista file manager? What you listed are small problems that don't take away from the overall superiority of it.

Explorer is mediocre, but FAR Manager helps.

>>RENAME EXTENSION CONFIRMATION (seriously, why?)
so normies don't break their files

unlike loonix, windows is suited also for people not adept with computers

I like how the Fav Links part was fixed on the bottom right. In Win7/10 it is just the topmost openable tree, so if you are deep in a folder structure, you have to scroll up on that side panel.

I have a mouse macro that repeats left click so I can just use that on the scrollbar to get to the top instantly, but it's still annoying.

The problem with Vista getting a poor reputation is that they ended up cutting out even the parts in it that worked.

Try Dolphin.

I bet some of that is easily fixed in the registry.

I bet if this was a thread about Linux your spastic ass would have gone >LOL EDITING CONFIG FILES LIKE A NERD XDDDDD

>problems with windows NT6 managers:
>>cant customize top bars except for a limited selection of buttons in 1 bar
Windows 8+ has every command exposed in the ribbon, AND a fully customizable quick access toolbar. What more do you want?

(Agreed that Vista/7 is a clusterfuck in this tho)

I rarely see that. I do see Linux users, who should be used to configuring their OS, crying over default windows settings like some Mac toddler who's never opened the settings GUI without a GeekSquad tech telling them what to do.

You must not be from around here, then. Because on Jow Forums a typical thread usually goes like this:
>Can Linux do this?
>Yeah, just edit this config var.
>I have to edit a config variable for that? What kind of retarded nerd shit is this? Fucking unusable.

At about 1/10 the amount of the following:

>look at this thing windows has! It's so bad!
>thing can be disabled/changed
>but it comes by default! Botnet!

Attached: 1525540624065.png (695x1535, 257K)

>>look at this thing [software] has! It's so bad!
>>thing can be disabled/changed
>>but it comes by default! Botnet!
FTFY. Jow Forums sperges about far more than Windows.

>never had any problems running Vista
It was too bloated for time. But it didn't BSODed to frequently

This. But it is better to try entire KDE.

>What more do you want?
Actual tools for renaming files, filtering them, comparing them etc. Y'know "managing"...

>>>RENAME EXTENSION CONFIRMATION (seriously, why?)
>so normies don't break their files

yeah, but i imagined the point would be pretty obvious: why isnt there a registry key to disable it? after 30years

>easily fixed in the registry.
are you telling me you never tried getting around any of that? what are even doing here, talking about your apples?

none of that is dynamic, only the detail by selection of a single type, but only until new folders are created and windows NT6 forgets you set allfolders to "general files"

lacking guis for basic settings is really annoying, maybe i dont care, but im i supposed to put linux on friends and family if they have to carry a cheat sheet with the laptop or call me every time?

and about "default settings botnetting" that is becoming pervasive even in floss, the whole fucking point is that being ONbydefault IS the problem you huge imbecile, you and i can disable that shit, but if 90% of users across many programs dont even get to hear about it, the abusers get power to abuse it regardless.

>thing can be disabled/changed
Too bad you can't disable telemetry or forced updates, unless you resort to weird hacks or third-party solutions that often break when you update.
>inb4 just use windows 7
You wouldn't use XP in the current year, would you? Because that's what using windows 7 will be like in 5-10 years, with the only alternative being botnet 10.

> I miss those independent "Favorites" & "Folders" panels

Attached: 1521144337280.png (633x758, 34K)

No tabs, bulk rename etc. Dolphin is my absolute favourite.

All three of those Windows points are the same thing.