Eight new Spectre defects found in Intel chip design. Four considered high risk

techspot.com/news/74447-eight-new-spectre-variants-affecting-intel-chips-discovered.html

>he didnt buy a Ryzen

Attached: 2018-02-15-image-29[1].jpg (1100x619, 230K)

I wonder how big a hit their performance will take if they can't use unsafe branch prediction

Pretty big hit

It's over, Intel is finished.

>Ryzenfall

>oy vey AMD stock should be $0 goyim

This might be a stupid question,but,I was wondering why,rather than patching anything,couldn't it be possible to monitor anything trying to access RAM and kill it if it wasn't spawned by an authorized process? Sort of like Fail2Ban, but for RAM.

>needs root and physical access to system
Oy vey if I already have the keys to your house and I am already in your living room I may just go find your junk drawer and take a picture of your spare key and then file my own copy and then come back and steal something

Attached: progbird.jpg (412x430, 39K)

>I non ironically listened to Jow Forums and took a 7600k over a ryzen 1600 last year
Why am I retarded.

Attached: 1376784952569.png (633x758, 14K)

they simply won't patch it
like they asked ubuntu to undo a mitigation some months ago

That already happens. (on *nix at least)
When the scheduler decide give some CPU time to a process, the CPU is informed of the range of address the process should be able to read or write. Reading and writing addresses in ram is then done directly by the process. If the process tries to write something outside that range, the CPU will raise an interrupt and the SO will be informed (on unixes it will send a SIGSEGV to the process iirc).
We would need to introduce new syscall in the kernels and rewrite a lot of low level stuff to monitor all access? Goddammit, that will be SLOW. Imagine every operation in ram being executed by a syscall. It's a never ending switching context.
Take valgrind as example: it does something like that but is incredibly slow (10-50 times slower iirc)

PREDICTION:

A new site will appear called 'AMDreallyflawedthistime.com', documenting 6million vulns requiring local admin access exposed by unknown researchers. Shutterstock shares rise.

Attached: 65c1c204-2f43-4845-a33b-1613778a890b..png (2487x1415, 2.45M)

(You)

Attached: 1521134686517.jpg (1170x1974, 287K)

I can understand buying coffee lake over 1st gen Ryzen, but not kaby lake.
That's just not doing proper research.

Because everything is spawned by an authorized process. The base is the OS and a hierarchy forms from there; unauthorized processes don't exist because they don't have authorization to exist.

i know you're memeing and all but that very""company"" proudly admitted they were based in tel aviv

>t-they're not jewish goy, they're on tel aviv
Israel isn't the only country with jews Scholmo. Try harder.

>he bought intel AFTER meltdown/spectre were publicly announced
i know for a FACT there are quite a few of you here

My condolences, user. It's not a bad chip, overall, just unfortunate on multiple levels.

>he doesn't buy price/performance
>he buys intel

I bet you bought Nvidia too, you'll complain in a year when it's performance starts to fall behind

Tel Aviv is in Israel, He was pointing out that they weren't trying to hide the fact they were a jewish company so zooming in on the god rug isn't really some big thing.

We don't know whether AMD is affected, but anyway it'd be too late to fix it in Zen2. Maybe Zen3 (is it already taped out?)

>Tel Aviv is in Israel
No Mr. Goldberg, Tel Aviv belongs to Palestine.
>108 captcha screens to post this
Nice (((coincidence))).

AMD was not as harshly as affected by Spectre the last time around and was completely immune to Meltdown. Ryzen was built with more security in mind. The likelihood that it will be as harshly or more harshly affected by these exploits is practically zero.

Palestine wasn't a place when Israel was created.
To my knowledge "palestinian" means nomad or some shit.

>Palestine wasn't a place when Israel was created.
pic related jew
GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE jew YOUR KIND IS NOT WELCOME HERE

Attached: karta-izmeneniya-territorii-palestiny.jpg (1269x773, 306K)

The Israelis should really just move all of the Palestinians into Gaza and give them the state they've always wanted. It'd be neater that way.

People have always lived there for thousands of years. It's not like the the land empty when the U.S decided to set up it's mercenary state there.

How is the origin story for Israel different than the origin story of the US itself, exactly?

No, the jews should give the lands back to Palestine and agree to live under Palestinian law, Palestinians were always happy to let them live there as long as they didn't destroy their country, but the jews had different plans and they got the support of the uk and the us, all because muh holocaust.

>Jow Forums - Middle Eastern Politics

Attached: 0000.jpg (583x435, 56K)

I don't see how that's relevant the US was criminal in both cases.

Denial of Israel's right to exist on the basis of its formation is tantamount to denying the US's right to exist on the basis of its (very similar) formation.

maybe palestine shouldn't have allied themselves with the axis powers in wwii and they wouldn't have been assfucked when they lost? should america give their country back to the natives? should okinawa be returned to native okinawans? australia? south america (sans peru)? your argument is fucking stupid and if it was applied to the world without bias it would create ethnostates on every continent. that's literally what the axis wanted in wwii and the reason palestine got fucked to begin with.

The us is different, America was inhabited by primitive tribes, Palestine was inhabited by a modern civilization. The us was a colony who didn't want to serve the uk anymore, the jews basically came in, murdered half the population and proclaimed ownership.
>ethnostates on every continent
You're too retarded to realize how this is literally the solution to most of our problems, we need to have ethnostates so people who would go on murderous rampages because muh immigrants, can have a place where they can live their ethnically pure life. We also need countries where people from all ethnicities can live in peace together and share knowledge and materials to advance the human race as a whole.

This.The middle east needs to be walled off from the rest of the world and left to die by their own hands. Nothing but trouble since Biblical times.

palestine was inhabited by bedouins and roughly comparable to the tribes that were in the US

>You're too retarded to realize how this is literally the solution to most of our problems
only a brainlet sits around masturbating about something as trivial as race and IQ. and no, IQ is not a determinant factor in criminality, birth rates, productivity, political affiliation, etc. the huge majority of statistics are lies. do you really think people are spending millions of dollars and thousands of man hours to simply inform you for your own benefit? stop drinking Jow Forums's kool-aid, that board is literally a retarded SJW echo chamber.

> IQ is not a determinant factor in criminality, birth rates, productivity, political affiliation,
it has a stronger correlation than any other factor. whether it's a causal factor is a moot point since it can't be tested scientifically anyway

What a load of absolute shit. My dad is from there. Its always had cities and towns across the entire region. How do you think you can get away with spewing bullshit like this?

Did you not read the whole reply? I don't want the world to be separated in ethnostates like some sci-fi shit, I want there to be ethnostates and modern countries, people who can't stand people of other ethnicities can fuck off to their ethnostates and people who want to work for the future of humanity will work together in the modern countries.
Fuck off jew, Palestine was very much okay before the jews started blowing shit up, it was a holy place for all religions, now it's a buncha jews.

maybe you're right. my understanding is that the Jews legally purchased what land they knew had rightful title but that there were some palestinians living in the scrubland who couldnt be contacted due to lack of a structured society (this being roughly comparable to the American natives)

HA.

jews are shameless user, why do you think they walk around like fucking clowns all the time?

They aren't not and never have been comparable to Native Americans. My ancestors have lived in the city for thousands of years. The Israelis stole our family estate during the occupation. It's all a load of crap.

Might probably be responsible for coreboot/libreboot support.
Which makes it better btw.

Yeah and I'm telling you the map in that first picture lies.
>.ru
Anti American jew hater site

It's quite accurate actually

It's the best I could find quickly on my phone.

Giving the Jews their own relevant and powerful state seems like a good way to destroy everything about their culture. Does Israel have meta-jews trying to destroy the Jewish country?

This. I didn't patch my servers after because they took about a 10% hit (measured). If more patches mean more loss, then fuck it. I'd rather just run deeper background checks on the people with access to the servers than take the hit. These risks are overblown

who the fuck other than blatant trolls told you to get that

OY VEY
DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE 6 MILLION AMDFLAWS GOYIM

Attached: 1499963016439.jpg (691x771, 112K)

yeah

The problem is that these branch prediction attacks can be initiated by the web browser loading the attack payload.
So without patching all Intel desktop users are susceptible to the attack regardless of the access rights they have granted

Servers dont run a web browser, but it can be an issue for server providers.

THE GOYIM KNOW
WE NEED TO MAKE UP 60 SHEKELZILLION FLAWS NOW
VERDAMMIT GOLDBERG

Attached: 1492319666080.gif (300x289, 1.43M)

>CTS labs are literally jewish
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

The browser was just an example. The bottom line is that without patching Intel processors can be tricked into revealing vulnerable data simply by having them read the attack payload.
I can imagine it also being possible over HTTP

Give me one reason why i should update and get these "patches" they're working on. the meltdown/spectre patches didn't do a damn thing, and all of you who used inspectre got tricked.

>archive.is

BIRDMIN NO

They usually don't it only occurs on intensive I/O tasks. AMD shills are just trying to justify there purchase of an inferior CPU.

Always do the opposite of what Jow Forums says.

You didn't make a mistake. It's still a pretty good CPU when compared to Ryzen. The patches won't do significant damage to its performance. The sources reporting otherwise are paid AMD shills. It will only affect intense I/O processes which normal use won't ever see.

Just ignore these threads, there made by paid AMD shills trying to save there dying business.

So always do what Jow Forums says?

Attached: 1466595587455.gif (477x252, 1.22M)

you tell him fellow normal consumer

Attached: 1348497186511.png (501x576, 18K)

lol normies still don't know how caching works and think it's a bug

>in tel aviv
>intel aviv
>intel
fucking jews

I will Goy. It's time the AMD shills are put back in there place. Intel are giving us a free patch that will hardly affect performance. Where as CTS labs comes out with a serious flaw in AMD CPU's & they didn't fix it.

Whether Intel or AMD, a 4c/4t is a dead CPU walking. Their stuttering in games has been quite well-known for a while now and will only continue to get worse in future games.
Coffee Lake i3 is equal to Kaby Lake i5, but costs less; Coffee Lake i5 features 6c/6t rather than 4c/4t. So trying to sell that 7600K for okay money may not be easy.
Kaby Lake CPUs are on dead sockets, so his only direct upgrade option is a 7700(K). Upgrading from a 7600K to a new 7700K is unlikely to be very cost-effective, so waiting for a good deal on a used 7700K might be the least bad option without changing mobos.

>Their stuttering in games has been quite well-known for a while now
[Citation Needed]

I'm Jow Forums and I've always shilled AMD over INTEL, why didn't you listen to me?

Because this user has a brain & wishes to future proof.

>wishes to future proof
>future proof
>future
>proof

Attached: 1525207246519.png (653x726, 84K)

user Ivy bridge is still perfectly fine to this day where as Bulldozer is & always was utter shit. Ryzen will be the same, you will need to upgrade in a years time for your computer to not be shit.

tfw you care too much about shit that will never affect you

Attached: 4BD81BCA00000578-0-image-a-35_1525433157973.jpg (634x634, 82K)

Attached: AGLPpyBUt9npLWT-RdC11OxA3PLOa4MOEuFdhcJQk7c.png (640x1280, 446K)

Right, if you know it won't affect you in a meaningful way, it's best to relax. Meltdown countermeasures really hurt my compile times, but this is related to Spectre, so I'm cautiously optimistic it won't have a similar effect.

serves you right for using a forum filled with sociopath autists as reference.

who the fuck told you to get a kabylake i5 over ryzen LMAO might as well kys

e

J-just you wait, AyyMDrones. Just you wait till similar exploits are found in your moar-corez CPooUs.

Attached: tfw intel.png (633x900, 162K)

This

Intel only? Spectre affected both intel/amd tho?

To be fair right now amd vega gpu prices are way more bloated.

How about when it's no longer a factor?

Have you heard of what Trap flag is?

both variants of spectre affected intel, only one variant affected AMD, and all 8 of these spectre "next gen" exploits affect intel, testing has not been completed on AMD but it is not likely to be as vulnerable as intels chips usually are

>tfw didn't listen to any retarded namefag shills but Jow Forums in general as Jow Forums is an AMD board
>my Ryzen CPU keeps getting better compared to Intel
>I can drop a new CPU in the same socket later when they get better
Intel users will never be this comfy

Thats what I did going from 4670k to 4790k. No need to upgrade so far.

Go to bed,Trump.

>WWII
It was WWI when the ottoman controlled Palestine was taken by the brits you fucking mongoloid

America did all of the legwork to become its own country, Israel did the opposite

Palestine didn't ally themselves with anyone in WW2. Israel supported Nazi germany in WW2 because at that time the british still owned the place, and germans were fighting the british. Obviously this support dissolved once the whole jewish cleanse thing came out.

>might of the british empire, french empire, and half of europe
>smallpox and other 98% lethality plagues
>own legwork

I've no idea what you're saying but you sound smart

>dat greenscreen

/thread