Why was windows 10 barely affected, despite there being as many if not more devices with it than 7?

Why was windows 10 barely affected, despite there being as many if not more devices with it than 7?

Attached: Capture+_2018-05-05-10-21-30.png (1413x1775, 524K)

>Kapersky

lol okay election hacker

Because every version starting from XP SP2 has increasingly hardened security. Jow Forums doesn't want to hear this, of course.

Windows 10 is inherently more secure. Windows Defender has more features on Windows 10, alongside OneDrive, it has almost perfect anti ransomware capabilities.

Attached: 1525540624065.png (695x1535, 257K)

Windows 10 is so shitty that people with it avoid using it.

Learn English, Rajeev

says the wintard

If there was transparency to Linux they would of never of allowed unaudited systemd that alphabet agencies had a hand with

>would of

systemd is an set of software apart from linux. You're not forced to use it and many distros omit it by default.

Also here is the code if you want to audit it.
github.com/systemd/systemd

Because 10 has updates forced aggressively.

You may choose any init you like.

Attached: 1525362584427.gif (480x320, 1.96M)

Wannacry mainly affected dumbshit admins and users who didn't install the security patch that addresses the exploit that was released months earlier. Most Windows 10 users most likely already had the update but large institutions like the NHS that still mostly use Windows 7 and heavily rely on SMB didn't bother with the patch and why they got fucked so hard

This
Forced security updates alongside Defender being better than most AV solutions out there (according to av-comparatives) really made a huge difference

Windows 7 is currently in the same position XP was near its EOL, it's the most targeted because it's both the most used and the least updated

>GNU/Linux is free software
Okay
>Freedom from corporate control
Not entirely accurate but okay sure
>Join the community
The community is the thing stopping linux from becoming popular actually, the "community" is hostile as fuck to newcomers, if you don't immediately know everything as soon as you even hear the word "linux" then you're not worthy to use it in most of their eyes.

Based Windows 10 removing 7 obsolete garbage in 2020.

based

>and almost none distros omit it by default.

dumbfuck

Whats wannacry.... I live in my own bubble sorry.

>systemd
>You're not forced
yeah, you can run nix without it, it will just not be useful for running manny current complex software

Because it wasn't as widespread as 7 and XP in the enterprise. This wasn't exploited remotely over the WAN so it makes sense.
You people are all fucking retarded.

>Why was windows 10 barely affected
because it is barely used on Enterprise, where WannaCry really made its work

ransomware

Because WannaCry targeted small businesses, and 99% of those businesses use outdated software + Windows 7.

I think my workplace still uses Windows 7.

because Microsoft is the originator of ransomware
drive the market the way you like it

This. Fuck off Ruskies.

John McCain 2020!

what does onedrive (cloud storage) have anything to do with it? genuine question.

It probably has to do with being able to retrieve previous versions of files (and having backups) in case your local files get randomware'd since Windows 10 comes with OneDrive.

In Windows 10, they changed the phrasing on the dialog that prevents unsigned executables from running.

In Windows 7, you would get a popup that says "are you sure you want to run this?" Most people will blindly click "Yes."
In Windows 10, it says "Windows has protected your PC." The button to bypass this is hidden, requiring that the user click through two menus to get to it.

So basically they make people reading the warning first before clicking the problem?
Well talk about the experiences they can get with normalfags' behaviour.

Windows 7 has a lot of retard users that either used shitty remove WAT to activate it and therefore don't get updates or don't update at all because they think the old version of their closed source operating system is somehow less of a botnet than a patched install.

Patched 7 was as secure as any other version.

>Windows is locked from the outside.
Every proprietary software is better than its open source counterpart
>Microsoft is a peeping Tom.
Nothing to hide
>You have no privacy.
No but I have a working computer

windows defender literally cucked every other AV

>Why was windows 10 barely affected, despite there being as many if not more devices with it than 7?
Automatic updates

Because 10 forces updates, windows 7 doesn't and most people just delay or disable updates

/thread

How exactly? It's shit.
Its main advantage is that it isn't ressource-hungry. Probably because it does nothing.

>gets constant definition updates every day
>does auto scans when pc isnt in use
>completely integrated into windows 10
>free
>has all the functionality you ever wanted from any AV

>>gets constant definition updates every day
>Yet fails to detect actual threats
All it does is detect false positives most of the time. You know I'm right.
Also
>>does auto scans when pc isnt in use
I didn't ask for this.
>>completely integrated into windows 10
Only good thing.
>>free
The OS isn't.
>>has all the functionality you ever wanted from any AV
Let's see....
>Detect threats
Oops.

>>gets constant definition updates every day
>Yet fails to detect actual threats
havent had an issue on w10 yet, with a virus
>All it does is detect false positives most of the time. You know I'm right.
It detects false positives just like every other AV
Also
>>does auto scans when pc isnt in use
>I didn't ask for this.
But its a great feature
>>completely integrated into windows 10
Only good thing.
>>free
>The OS isn't.
It literally is free though since MS doesnt really care you are using KMS to activate your windows and even let non genuine windows 7/8 become genuine with win10 update

Because MS wants to force users to 'upgrade' to Win10

>havent had an issue on w10 yet, with a virus
Yet.
>It detects false positives just like every other AV
True. But it tends to detect them more often, which can be very annoying, especially since the menu to restore quarantined items is shit and unclear compared to Malwarebytes, for example. The menu to set exclusions is also shit.
>But it's a great feature
Maybe for you. I like to run scans only when I want to. And I want to be able to control what and where I want it to scan. You barely have any control over the auto scan feature, as far as I know. On paper it's a good feature, though.
>It literally is free though since MS doesnt really care you are using KMS to activate your windows and even let non genuine windows 7/8 become genuine with win10 update
Yeah, but in enterprise this isn't valid. Also, it doesn't offer centralized consoles for administrators to manage their infrastructure. So it's disabled and replaced by something else more powerful 99.9% of the time in professional cases. But it's fine for the average user, outside of pro environment I guess. Just not the best in my opinion.

Surely it offers some layer of security as opposed to older versions of Windows that came with nothing. I'm just saying it could be a lot better. But M$ have been improving it quite well since the days of Security Essentials, so, we'll see. Maybe it could become a great alternative to paid AVs eventually.
In the meantime, I'll stick with MB. I find it simple, efficient, does what I want, and offers great security and features. The new UI is ugly as fuck, though.

>be Microsoft
>force updates to prevent shit like this
>tactic works and barely any W10 PCs got infected as a result
>people still whine like shits about it while sitting on their non-updated W7 installation from 2011

Gentoo manages just fine with OpenRC

because thoae still running w9no
dows 7 are the same paranoid retards who wont install system updates and refuse to even look into what they are then install them

Because you need security updates to be secure.

because Microsoft created the virus to force users still using older windows distributions to make the switch to windows 10

>Why was windows 10 barely affected, despite there being as many if not more devices with it than 7?
Because SMBv1 is enabled by default on 7, but disabled by default on 10. Everyone in this thread is fucking retarded.

Attached: 4014206_en_1.png (387x342, 85K)

>Can't deal with the fact that democracy put someone you don't like in office

It was disabled after an update in response to WannaCry. Feel free to delete your post.

No, it was patched, on all Windows versions, since the bug was present in 8 and 10 as well. Microsoft did not disable SMBv1 on 7 after any update. If you need to, it can be done via GPEdit or regedit.

>is ok with foreign governments manipulating his elections

Which is why I can reinstall whenever a big update hits. Every time, without fail, Microsoft manages to render my PC unable to boot. Every single time.
Every single time I contact my manufacturer, every time I contact support, every time after a few different "fixes" some poo tells me to reinstall.
somehow this is acceptable for the literally most expensive OS available.

too low by far, but /bread

Still believing goystream media huh?

>Have Windows 7 x64, updates disabled
>Vault 8 happens where the vulnerabilities and source used in these attacks came from (thank you alphabet agencies)
>Install specific updates that address these concerns the very moment they get released
>3 months later Wannacry hits a bunch of clueless faggots and all my shit is safe

Attached: 1525089802139.png (1264x1300, 1.15M)

Do you have a version of this with Android or ios?

>>is ok with foreign governments manipulating his elections
>retards falling for mass advertising is "hacking" the election.

I never got this meme.

>>is ok with foreign governments manipulating his elections
Like the US has done for decades in other countries? With actual proof existing, while the last election meme about russians is nothing but a dumb meme.

>it's le social hacking bruh

WannaCry weaponized the Shadowbrokers exploit for Windows 7 which was highly effective. For Windows 10, it was using a different exploit which had a lower success rate.

Jow Forums, do I need to have something like shitup10 for LTSB or is my privacy okay?

I didn't know windows 7 came out before windows xp?

Your privacy was never okay
Just live your life

Tfw I need to update to Win 10 next year when I'm going to replace my 3570k

Attached: 14567-feels-bad-man--sad-frog.jpg (650x475, 39K)

why?

Attached: 2018-05-06_172724.jpg (658x868, 228K)

Ryzen doesn't work properly on win7 and there is no support anymore.

>no support
This doesn't mean anything in practical sense

>>is ok with his own government manipulating his elections

>it's OK when the US does it

>tamper with ukrainian politics
>get upset when your elections are tampered with