I miss aliased fonts

I miss aliased fonts.

Attached: winxp.png (800x600, 337K)

>switch to xp theme
>fixed

youre welcome

what did he mean by this?

The fonts are sharp and pixelated rather than being smoothed and arguably looking blurry

select bitmap font

> this was passed as acceptable typography
Good riddance.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 20.21.33.png (92x44, 10K)

This is what it's supposed to look like

Attached: start.png (194x60, 10K)

turn off clear type

You don't think the text in that picture looks like utter dogshit?

The "Start" and "Jim Midnite" look bad because they're supposed to be smoothed, but the rest looks good to me.

Alright. Definitely not my cup of tea desu but interesting to hear some like this. Probably pretty rare to find a system without antialiasing these days.

The 's' is still upside-down, and the 'r' touches the 't'.

>The 's' is still upside-down,
holy fuck will never unsee this

everyone's 800x600 resolution smoothed out the jaggies by stretching and blurring

aliased fonts are better for your eyes, lighter on system resources, and are proven by studies to read faster. accepting permanent eye damage, wasted resources, and lowered efficiency for the sake of aesthetics is what you get when tasteless retards are allowed near tech.

Me too user

this was back before the cia had turned everyones brains to mush and they could actually use the provided desktop applications without having some huge transparent menu with animated pictures.

Just get a small (~27") 4K monitor. No more blurry fonts, since you can't even see the individual pixels.

27" is not small at all

Just use Debian

Attached: 1523862150492.jpg (776x748, 115K)

Dead average 1080p is 24". Keeping the same pixel density would put a 4K monitor at 48" - most 4K monitors are 32".

Yes, 27" is small.

Source on those studies?

Goddamn it.

>aliased fonts are better for your eyes
>permanent eye damage

>your eyes will be damaged if you look at a specific pattern of pixels

hahahahaha

his geriatric ass

That was an effect of CRTs. Everything looked like it was glowing. I miss CRTs.

>Yes, 27" is small.
and with a retarded PPI

and 'you' touch 'yourself'

You guys have a hate boner for smoothed fonts because they need high DPI to look good, like real prints. They looked like shit on 72 DPI especially at 800x600.

Did the start button really look like this? The font looks like the textures when I play games on my weirdly configured ePSXe.

yup

>lighter on system resources
>his computer can't AA fonts without melting down
Upgrade to a computer made after the year 1998.

>blurry
That's because you use windows which has shit font rendering. Linux and Mac fonts don't look blurry.

>proven by studies
show 'em