Mx ist gut

This is the best distro since #!.
>Debian Stable+many backports available
>Systemd disabled
>XFCE
>Good documentation and forum
>Literally everything works ootb
What is your thoughts on this /g? Who MX here?

Attached: MX Linux Logo.png (320x320, 15K)

So its just devuan but on stretch?

It's based on AntiX, not Devuan

Does it have an installer?

Yes indeed

10/10 OOTB experience. Can be run on LiveUSB like it's a regular hard drive installation. Great backup/recovery tools.
Used it for a year or so but recently switched to Solus for the Budgie desktop.

>Systemd disabled
so it still has systemd?
droppped

then it is botnet

It does. It's installed for compatibility but is not used as the init system. From the manual:
"1.7Our positions
1.7.1 Systemd
Because the use of systemd as a system and service manager has been controversial, we want to
be clear about its function in MX Linux. Systemd is included by default but not enabled.
You can scan your MX system and discover files bearing systemd* names, but those simply
provide a compatibility hook/entrypoint when needed.
MX Linux uses systemd-shim, which emulates the systemd functions that are required to run the
helpers without actually using the init service. This means that SvsVinit remains the default init
yet MX Linux can use Debian packages that have systemd dependencies such as CUPS. This
approach also allows the user to retain the ability to choose his/her preferred init. A basic method
of enabling systemd in MX Linux is provided in the MX/antiX Wiki, though no official support
will be provided for users who choose to run MX Linux using systemd"

This. I bet it comes shipped with several CIA niggers in it, ready to fuck EVERYTHING up.

Most distributions have installer. If that makes you think they're botnet then this probably isn't the best choice for you.

glad you posted this. I recently installed MX on a test machine specifically because it doesn't use systems, but during a dist-upgrade, I saw systemd stuff being installed. what gives?

Attached: c33887ac-e226-463b-9599-5664fc33c8a5..png (773x591, 86K)

see

*systemD

If this were the case you only need to install at night and check if anything glows in the dark, it's fine

oh shit.. I flew past that, thanks. MX IS a nice distro. I'm running it on an old eeePc with 2gigs of ram and it runs well enough for my use as an ArduinoIDE/Lua/Python/ learning workstation. Would recommend.

Attached: d692597b-2f41-4f1b-b5d4-50eb7b36f040..jpg (400x436, 25K)

Some pussy linux distro that doesn't use a piece of software because it is 'controversial'. give me a break!

Can't please everyone. The developers decided not to use it at this point and so that's how it is. Works for me

>>Systemd disabled
>>not removed
aaaaand into the trash it goes

>XFCE
>Literally everything works ootb
So they fixed screen tearing?

Attached: 1520104627097.png (712x661, 142K)

Remember to report your NSA handler on Monday, Poettering.

Attached: 6ee4d7e5-9cc6-4fc6-a463-777603dc7acf..png (584x538, 433K)

Attached: which.jpg (638x366, 39K)

Screen tearing is part of the Xfce experience and here to stay.

No, screen tearing still works fine ootb unfortunately.
Same as usual though, easily resolved with compton.

sorry for not being a pleb. i code my own os bitch

oh, good! better run it on a homemade machine too, otherwise you never know who built it

Reporting

Attached: neofetch.png (1366x768, 191K)