Must have android apps

I just installed a new version of lineage on my smartphone and I want to install only necessary apps that I'll use daily.
So far I have:
>clover dev
>SwiftKey keyboard
>kernel adiutor
>nova launcher
>Brave
>SD Maid pro
>adaway
>FX file explorer (highly recommend)
>QuickPic gallery

Attached: android-logo.jpg (480x350, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>SD Maid pro
>Adaway
LOL LOL LOL

Your lost absolutely sucks those above are especially silly.

>not blocking ads in apps
>not cleaning cache after a few days
Found the lagdroid

Too much botnet. Fuck off.

Best keyboard that doesn't spy?

No need to clean cache that often and certainly not need for botnet to do it for me.

I don't have apps with ads and my browser blocks them. Any other ads are blocked at dns level.

AnySoftKeyboard

Do you understand what a cache is?

K-9 Mail is excellent for email, and available on F-Droid.

Adaway is DNS adblocking if you didn't know. As in it downloads and applies hosts files to the device and doesn't stay resident.

You're literally saying dns based adblocking is shit and instead you should be blocking ads by dns.

I don't give a fuck if the dnsblock is on your pihole or router. That doesn't block ads on 4G.

>cache is slow

Attached: 1525225604903.png (1190x906, 242K)

>using apps with ads in the first place

Attached: 1508843726134.jpg (272x309, 39K)

What's the best free alternative to the SD maid pro jewry?

Ccleaner

Sorry for highjacking your thread OP, but how can I completely remove Google's botnet from a Xiaomi A1? No one in /sqt/ bothered to help me.

Wasn't there news a few months ago about them installing spyware or adware or something?

>google
Enjoy your botnet.

>thinking Jow Forums understands what dns is instead of just spouting buzzwords
Cute

New phone

If you want Swype AOSP keyboard+Google Swype libraries
Unfortunately it still spies you, but probably a bit less than Google Keyboard or the other keyboards
Ask for the bootloader unlock from Xiaomi and flash a nice ROM without gapps, then install microg since basically everything needs GSF
You can nigger rig it and remove GSF and the other stuff if you have root, but it's more cumbersome than just flashing a ROM

My clover wont show pics or vids anymore what do I have latest version

Any good ROM that you would recommend? I have never tried ROMs other than official CM and Lineage OS (which doesn't support the A1).
Latest Dev version fixed that.

then why does google tell me its insecure and update to a newer client?

Now that Google is forcing Assistant, is there anything that has the old Google Now functionality for quickly translating text on screen?
It was so quick and convenient to long press home and translate the entire screen in two taps.

Attached: 1523102724062.jpg (475x445, 53K)

What's the best FOSS browser?
I'm currently using Brave but it's probably botnet. Is Lightning any good?

icecat

FOSS: AnySoftKeyboard or AOSP Keyboard (no swipe)
Partially proprietary: AOSP Keyboard + Google Swipe libs
Proprietary but trustworthy(?): Blackberry Keyboard (Install it from Blackberry Manager by Cobalt)

I would use it but it doesn't have Quantum yet

Hacker's, AnysoftKeyboard or AOSP Keyboard

>QuickPic Gallery
What is this 2012?

> then why does google tell me its insecure and update to a newer client?
EEE

Pretty happy with Fennec

yeah, no thanks.

Attached: IMG_20180505_233423.jpg (829x152, 14K)

It's a botnet free fork of firefox nightly. There's a checkbox for health reports, which is disabled by fdroid.

>whole OS tracks and reports your activity
>this is OK with you

Attached: MAMUSHKA.png (463x379, 301K)

>firefox nightly
why isn't there just a botnet-free fork of regular firefox?
I don't want unstable shit but I don't want old ESR shit either
I'm using lineage and no gapps
if you know of an alternative OS that works for Android phones feel free to tell me

I'm tired of Amaze. Its a piece of shit that corrupts SD cards. Aside from ghost explorer, What's the Jow Forums approved file browser that supports root?

And ftp

>Swiftkey
Ugh just no

>Alternative OS that works for Android phones
Sailfish X

Why do you post this in every thread about android apps? Amaze never shat in me. However it's slow when copying from internal tho external. I'm using simple file manager now and I'm happy.

I have a galaxy s5

Upgrade you fucking prole

It works fine with Lineage. I'm not going to buy another phone that still has hardware backdoors just to use another placebo OS

Waterfox is a solid browser. It doesn't have Quantum, but it uses less resources.

>Iphag
Enjoy your slowed down phone and spyware.

If you're using SwiftKey keyboard I would advise you to immediately install AFwall+ and restrict it's internet access. It works fine without it. And the same can be said about a lot of apps that connect to the internet for seemingly no reason other than collecting data. SD maid pro, FX file explorer, a lot of apps you're using, actually.

You know, I'm starting to think Chrooma is running a miner or something on their keyboard. After I use it once, the gpu on my old tablet heats up something fierce when just a few updates ago that never happened. I have to restart to get it to cool down (it's no longer installed now).

Dashchan

Firefox w/unlock origin.

This.
AFWall+ is a must with android nowadays.

any good IRC client ?

Like this guy said You paid extra for preinstalled shitty rom just to be told to get tid of it. Like expected.
Total commander

Simple Keyboard, basically gboard without the spying, autocorrect and emoji. FOSS

Attached: Screenshot_20180506-110907.png (720x1280, 95K)

I'm using NoRoot Firewall. Is that okay?/How is AFWall+ superior?

>>SwiftKey keyboard
i use google keyboard, restricting network access with AFWall+. i don't need autosuggest and it has nice multilingual layouts
>>kernel adiutor
what
>>Brave
fennec f-droid here, it's fast
>>SD Maid pro
nice placebo
>>FX file explorer (highly recommend)
use amaze
>>QuickPic gallery
use simple gallery or camera roll (i've never used camera roll but i hear it's good)

because it doesn't support two-factor auth, and because third-party applications have not been audited by google in order to determine if they're actually legitimate and not an app designed to steal your email passwords

k-9 mail is perfectly safe

how the hell do you manage to fuck up your sd card with it? never had issues myself, although amaze does crash on me when trying to view directories with 1k+ images

i'd use simple file manager if the fucking root browser worked on my phone. apparently it's a known issue that the dev can't fix until he knows how other phones handle root or something, so i guess i can wait

not really, maybe try weechat-android (you need weechat installed on a computer or server though, because the app has to connect to it)

So how am I blocking ads with adaway AND using cloudflare DNS user?

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Yeah we get it...
You're l33t haxor.
We can all collectively suck your giant dick.

That was a serious question though, I'm using dnscrypt and cloudflare DNS with magisk but adaway is still blocking ads and dnsleaktest shows cloudflare DNS.

Revolution IRC is pretty good user. It's on fdroid and the play store.

>SwiftKey
>nova
>Brave
>SD Maid pro
why?

You're pretty lucky

Piriform is now owned by Avast. CCcleaner is now botnet.

Indeed great app. If only I knew good tech channels.

I want a keyboard with arrow keys on the top line. Which one?

>fennec F-droid here, it's fast
You wonder how I can guess you're either a deluded Firefox apologist who can see no wrong or a paid shill? All versions of the Firefox Browser who don't rely on Android Webview are fucking laggy. Yes, even Nightly on modern flashgip phones. Just compare how fast Brave is to Firefox on android. The gecko engine is outdated. Why do you have to lie on the internet?

It would have been the best browser on the OS if it was as fast as it's competitors (we both know why) but sadly it is not.

Look, if this were 2012 I'll be perfectly okay with this. Those app you listed gives consistent updates in a reasonable file size, when big companies failed to deliver even a nice user interface. But nowadays android need to become more close as a system. Many Google first party apps are now great, and would be better if they adopted an end to end approach (instant messaging I'm looking at you) and considering that budget phone are becoming mainstream is more auspicabile for people to use android one rather than root/hack/use third party apps

>using bktnetware

AnySoftKeyboard. The terminal layout has even more stuff like Ctrl, etc.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-06-13-44-58.png (720x534, 30K)

spy or not but

Xperia keyboard best keyboard

>nova launcher
botnet
>SwiftKey keyboard
botnet
>Brave
botnet
>SD Maid pro
botnet
>FX file explorer (highly recommend)
botnet
>QuickPic gallery
botnet

not working with android 8.x

Is brave really a botnet? Any proofs?

>SD maid
Would uninstall it right away for a FOSS app that can find file duplicates.

anything that is closed source and its main purpose is related to internet connectivity is a botnet, kid

ASK is great but I prefer Hacker's Keyboard compact layout for terminal use. Actually I'm using ASK because compact layout doesn't support non-Latin keyboards.

Nah it's not. I audited the source.

how about you stop saving lolipics on your fucking phone like a de/g/enerate. it's not that difficult to not be a horny 12 year old

hows firefox on android? lightweight or gonna eat my battery fast?

brave is open source/FOSS dumbass

Install fennec.

Open Source doesn't automatically mean botnet free tho.

same as on other operating systems

>anything that is closed source and its main purpose is related to internet connectivity is a botnet, kid
lel u said that

ya of course not, but as this fellow and others audited the source, sounds like you're just another newfag spreading fake news on Jow Forums (like the Tor is financed by US gov meme)

it doesn't but you can disable it, that's the advantage, unless you are a fa/g/, then you just shill your brand loyalty everywhere you go.

oh, my bad, i thought it was closed source, since the founder was part of the opera botnet

you are mentally challenged, right?
>>anything that is closed source and its main purpose is related to internet connectivity is a botnet, kid
>lel u said that
first of, no he did not. and still doesn't make the comment any less valid

well, im not this retarded to shove any opensource software up my ass but at least being free software even if i cant understand all the code i can rely on the community for feedback if software in question is or not safe

Photo editor that has the same functions but isn't a botnet?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-06-14-00-32.png (1440x2560, 401K)

sure, rely on a shitty forum with technically incapable shills to verify the integrity of the company that produces cost free software that you are using.
sounds like a good strategy

sure thing github is a shitty source for that lol haha xD

have you seen the github page from valve for steam for linux?

>smartphone
Enjoy your botnet.

Attached: SmartBotnet.jpg (842x944, 111K)

What icecat add ons do you use?

I use ublock origin and https everywhere.

Whats Quantum?

Latest Mozilla Firefox update.

Thanks. Is it a big update?

Yeah I audited it too. It's totaly legit

More of a Chrome guy myself but people have been praising it for speed and privacy.

Im a chrome guy too. But I use icecat when im streaming sports because of the ublock add on. Maybe I should just use Firefox?

>and privacy
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html

>Website
Looks reliable.