I'm heavily considering buying the Das Keyboard 4 Professional...

I'm heavily considering buying the Das Keyboard 4 Professional. Anyone know if there are other very similar keyboards that are better overall? I'm specifically looking for something that fits these parameters:

- Simple/professional design, NOT edgy
- Mechanical (Cherry MX Blue/Brown)
- NOT glossy finish
- Media keys for volume, pause/play
- Must have numpad

- Fairly minimal font, nothing too big or edgy is a plus
- backlighting is a plus
- Programmable "G keys" are a plus as long as they're not intrusively close to the general purpose typing areas

Also general keyboard thread. What are you guys using and how do you like it?

Attached: das_keyboard.jpg (1391x533, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

danluu.com/keyboard-latency/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Das Keyboard Ultimate Model S Silent

Pros
- im on year 7 and no complaints
- i got the one that doesn't have the letters on the keys so it annoys the shit out of everyone
-it was $100 CAD when i got it

Cons
-it is not silent
- the price now is up 50%

ask in the keyboard thread dumbfuck.

>Das Keyboard Ultimate Model S Silent
Ahh, nice. I actually have the regular model S myself. I think it's currently on year 6? Bought it from a friend after he used it for a couple years. I love the shit out of this keyboard, it has served me well so far. I'm mainly considering switching because I think that these switches (while still perfectly functional) are starting to show some signs of wear. Doesn't help that I have mild tourette's and I tend to pound anything I touch a lot with my fingers.

The slight wear wouldn't be an issue, but I'm starting to feel like I want a change. I'm very sad that this keyboard has a glossy finish. And I really miss having media keys from my Logitech days.

I have the model S for about 8 years and its perfect. I spilled Pepsi in the keys one time and they were sticky for like a week but they still work perfectly fine. I love it.

my roommate grabbed one of the 4's and it's one of the most solid keyboards i've ever used. really nice, would recommend.

>- Mechanical (Cherry MX Blue/Brown)
Shit taste in switches.

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

you are aware that cherry switched keyboards lag 30ms
filco lag 30
topre lag 55

my keyboard only lags 0.2ms and it cost me $30

keyboards that don't lag are ones with

blood LK switches
Roamer G switches
and the Cherry MX6.0 keyboard (red switches and costs 300$)

but yer all other keyboards lag like 1/20th of a second and that's noticeable.

>Cherry MX
>Non programmable
Are you sure you want it?

Suora Roccat is far better

>Das Keyboard
>Simple/professional design
one step above gaymur maybe

so what

>not designating either the digit row or numpad for macros
what the fuck is the purpose of having two whole sets of digits on your keyboard?

Attached: file.png (600x600, 141K)

I have this in blues and I can't fault it

Look at WASDKeyboards OP

I have one, best keyboard I ever used. Considering getting a few more to stock myself up

wanted to get it, but ended up with a k95 just because the macro keys,also the other features help & the software is nice
the only downside is the price, but i figured i won't buy another keyboard for years so whatever

I have that model but with blank keycaps. By far the best keyboard ive ever used, and ive used it at work daily since 2012.

I will probably buy the same one again if this thing ever dies.

>only $169 with the usb3 hub

man, if i didnt get a good deal on my k95, i would have gotten this.

Attached: 2017-12-28 13.13.09.jpg (4000x3000, 3.69M)

I have that keyboard OP, it's awesome
it's my first mech and I didn't wanted to cheap out on it

I don't understand you or how your message there's to my post.

K120

oh my fucking god fuck off you absolute autist
stop posting this shit over and over

Just get a fucking k213 and set hotkeys with software

Source?

>Also general keyboard thread
If you're willing to ditch dedicated media keys, Leopold keyboards are the best prebuilt keyboards on the market and are decently available.

quickfire xt has everything you want i think

danluu.com/keyboard-latency/

>The latency measurements are the time from when the key starts moving to the time when theUSB packet associated with the keymakes it out onto the USB bus.
So basically if a young man of the glycine max presses a key too heavy for him, he feels it as latency?

>measuring from the beginning of the press instead of the actuation itself
man fuck this, also this is just like the people out there saying that auto transmission vehicles are better than manuals because they shift quicker, even though the actual reason people like manuals is because of the feels. i don't know a single person that's bought a mechboard actually expecting quick response times, it's just that they feel objectively better. is anybody going to really move to a fucking apple magic keyboard because of the time it takes to press the key itself?

Attached: 3252523525.jpg (255x191, 9K)

Don't fall for the mechanical meme.

>be me
>use $15 membrane keyboard for 5 years
>fall for the mechanical meme
>buy a $150 keyboard
>starts chattering after 6 months
>well got a lemon I guess
>buy another
>starts charttering after 6 months
>rince and repeat a couple more time
>switch back to my old $15 membrane keyboard
>it just werks and still does
I lost about $500 in the process.

Mechanicals are not a meme, gaming mechanicals are.
I have a Das that is 8 years old, has taken some serious punishment, and is still going strong.
On the other hand my gf's stupid Corsair Platinum rubbish that cost double my Das is a piece of junk.
Das isn't the only one making serious high end keyboards. But there's many more making trash expensive ones.

Good points, bad testing methodology.
Corsair's "Cherry speed" somethings with that type of testing would theoretically result superior, but in practice the actuation travel is so low that it's insanely annoying to type with.
Not to mention how he starts talking about the overall system latency issues, which are absolutely true, only to then direct his testing on just keyboards which makes no sense with his premise.

I was pretty kuch looking for the same thing in a keybord as you, which I recently had to get after my Das Pro 4 died.

I settled on Ducky One
- feels heavy, very sturdy compared to the Das while feels chincy in comprison
- very conservative, no front facing logo of any kind
- the package comes with replaceable keycaps for some keys. If you dont like the blue keys in my pic, you can ise the gray ones it comes with instead

Attached: E7DCA655-D446-4BF5-B0A8-57CA8D36D597.jpg (2048x1536, 559K)

Attached: 8136C388-91DE-4417-AC06-3238AF3763F4.jpg (4032x3024, 2.35M)

Das shit is overpriced man.

just get a ducky

Haha. Implying whatever you're keying with somehow elevates you to being better than everyone else. Do you also tell people that certain brands of fedoras are shit brands because yours is the best?

That's some real MLG level stuff. I've never noticed and issue with really any keyboard I've used, membrane included.

Seems to be pretty solid at first glance. Thanks for the suggestion!

>>Das Keyboard
>>Simple/professional design
>one step above gaymur maybe
What does that even mean? I don't need some hipster keyboard made out of bamboo to feel like my keyboard is professional. I just don't want some autist Rat 7 looking keyboard. I get that this is Jow Forums, but fuck, shave that neckbeard.

>what the fuck is the purpose of having two whole sets of digits on your keyboard?
I can't use the home row number keys very quickly for the fucking life of me.

These look pretty cool, thanks

Thanks!

Ahhh fuck, but that font. I'll look into this one though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Fucking THIS, ESPECIALLY for keyboard and headphones. I'm pretty much done with stuff branded specifically for gaming. Not only are "gaming" peripherals almost invariably lower quality than professional equipment (and usually way overpriced for the shit you get), they usually come in much edgier, adolescent-looking designs. I have been so ridiculously happy since I started using only "professional" stuff, minus mouse (Logitech G600) and monitors (Asus VG248QE). I don't think I'll ever go back.

They look cool (though I can't say I love the fonts). Call me a fucking normie, but I don't feel super comfortable with this site. I'll definitely look into these, but I'll do so cautiously until I can find some good resources that show me the boards in detail with some warranties and stuff

Also >Das shit is overpriced man.
I'm very happy with my Das Model S, which didn't cost much less than the one in the OP. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to throw my money away to a name brand -- I'm just not looking for a super cheap deal. I'm on the market for a high quality keyboard, and don't mind spending a decent amount as long as I'm getting quality.