pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: F62.jpg (2125x1195, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

danluu.com/keyboard-latency/
kono.store/products/hako-mechanical-switches
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for side sluts

Attached: IBM_sluts.jpg (1600x1200, 265K)

I'm looking for something for my brother. He wants a tkl with linear switches, short key travel, and a flat keycap profile. Basically like a low profile membrane but more durable and with higher than 2KRO.

I'm thinking something like a ducky one with cherry silver, o rings, and DSA keycaps. I know kailh has those low profile switches but I imagine getting keycaps for those is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Does anything know of anything else that would fit those kind of requirements?

So my PBT spacebar doesn't have a slot for a wire stabilizer to fit, but I want to put it on my new keyboard which has no MX mount stabilizers, but just uses a wire.

Uh, I don't know if all my terminology is correct there, but I'm sure that makes sense. Anyway, is there anything I can do for it? Or should I just give up?

if it's a costar board then the wire mounts should come right off and fit into the stems

what are some compact or 75% keyboards from the past I could get?
when I say past I mean 80's 90's

Here's what it looks like. Top is the abs spacebar. Bottom is the PBT I want to put on it.

Attached: IMG_20180505_180144.jpg (4032x3024, 3.35M)

looks like someone is gonna have to do some plastic surgery. I hope you have plenty of JB weld ready

I'm too green for that at the moment. Was hoping for a more easy solution but I suppose I expected that.

G20 keycaps are even shorter and flatter then DSA. If you want you can get that low profile Tesero keyboard with MX mounts and G20 keycaps. It's not gonna be as short as those kailh low profile keyboards, but It will be pretty flat

response time of keyboards controller chips
cherry 30ms (plum/SS/ducky lie and say 1ms)
filco 30ms
topre 55ms

don't get any of these shit keyboards
danluu.com/keyboard-latency/

bloody LK 0.2ms
Roamer G 0.2ms (now has a linear switch)

The new Zowie and Wooting One keyboard might be this fast also but its yet to be confirmed and Wooting One has reports of noticeable lag... they both use same switch. but its possible just the custom firmware and the zowie might be sub 1ms also.

so yer surprise surprise the only 3 switches made in the last 3 years have response times of almost 0ms while all the other shit brands you guys like literally lag 1/20th of a second because they are old trash.

you can get

Bloody LK1 (traditional cherry design both red and blue)
Bloody LK2 box type cherrys clones red and blue
Bloody LK3 Box+leaver switches slightly different feel to cherry but red and blue also.

Roamer G brown/blue feeling switch??
Roamer G Linear (feels like a red)

Flaretech optical switches Linear55 "Red"
Flaretech optical switches Linear55 "blue"

you have literally 10 switch choices for 0.2ms keyboards all developed in last 3 years

yet you still going to argue to buy 30-55ms trash from the 80s and 90s.... fucking idiots

Hadn't heard of G20. Thanks for the suggestion, user.

Gentlemen.

Attached: lowKEYgucc.jpg (2600x1733, 1.53M)

Oh baby.

lol airsoft larping babby

>ABS keycaps
>cherry switches
lmaoing at your life

>Budget
Whatever.

>Location (continent at least)
US east coast

>Preferred switch type
Dunno. I like switches with a tactile bump, like browns and clears. I don't like linear switches. Preferably something a little heavier, since I bottom out on browns a lot and I don't like that.

>Layout
ANSI, preferably with media controls and a volume roller.

>Form factor
TKL. I never use the numpad and it just wastes desk space.

>Backlight
Yes. I know I'm going to trigger an autist with this, but RGB is preferred. It's nice to be able to change colors and have simple animations. If that bothers you, you have my condolences.

>Previous/current keyboards
Currently own a K70 RGB and a Ducky One 2, both browns.

I just picked up the ducky recently for office use and it's pretty decent. Looking to replace the home keyboard, though. I do really like the K70 RGB, but it's got a few problems that bug me. First, the media keys aren't mechanical, which is annoying as hell since they're not level with the rest of the keys on the board. the backlighting is a bit dim, probably because it was one of the first RGB boards. Also, the longer keys rattle a bit, which is unpleasant. However, the knurled volume roller is really nice. Got a damn sturdy chassis, too. I understand that the the K95 platinum or whatever it is fixes some of these issues, particularly with the media controls, but I really don't want a full-size keyboard anymore. The numpad is bad enough, I certainly don't need a fucking macropad.

>TKL
that's the hard part since a lot of full size keyboards have pretty much what you want. The only keyboard I could think of is that monoprice one with the programmable macros that could be rebound into media keys. but it seems they've discontinued it. maybe you could find something similar from the same OEM

Attached: Monoprice_Gaming_TKL_Keyboard_75193.jpg (1144x648, 142K)

Yeah, that's really the issue. All the keyboards with the features I want are full fucking boards and I hate it.

>suggesting gaymer g ever

the only other TKLs I know of that have volume knobs are the microsoft ones, but those are all rubberdomes

I've just seen that cherry is now making their own low profile MX switches, with reds first out. This sounds ideal. Ducky's making a keyboard with them too.

I just hope they're more like silvers than reds in terms of scratchiness.

Any suggestions that don't include media keys, then? As much as I despite function keys, it's still probably worth the desk space

I know Ducky TKLs are programmable so you can replace the F-row with dedicated media keys and volume controls. You can also just buy a clip on volume knob for your keyboard

Honestly, Ducky's product line is confusing as hell. Is there any place that explains what the difference is between everything?

is it really that hard, or is ducky's website just shit?

Both, really. The website doesn't really explain the different boards in any useful way.

they're basically all the same keyboard under the hood, with the exception of the shine. The major differences are in the appearance, so pick which ever one you like

What's different with the shine?

it has a more powerful processor to account for the software controller of the RGB lighting

nobody cares about response time nerd

God damn it, the Shine 6 isn't TKL. Fuck this shit keyboards are gay I'm killing myself

There's the One RGB TKL which does have programmable lighting, but no software control. It can do the same effects as the shine as well

>random inconsistent numbers that were rounded by 5ms
Reminder that every keyboard that isn't capacitive/magnetic/optical have a 5+ms delay to prevent key bouncing. So idk how you are pulling this magical 0.2ms latency when by design its impossible, even when ignoring switch latency.

Attached: anotherexasperatedyui.jpg (294x277, 57K)

not that guy but the bloody keyboards he shills are optical switches

Yet he posts a site that doesn't even support his shilling, he literally just googled keyboard latency and posted the first link he found. The site measured travel latency in conjunction with the keyboard's latency aka there is a large amount of variation between testing.

you seem to have a lot of free time on your hands mr autist

Lads,
I have a mech keyboard now, but i can't type to save my life. Any tips on how to learn to type fast and accurately?

Attached: keyboard gore.jpg (1920x1080, 1.17M)

Play some mavis beacon or typing of the dead my dude. Do schools not teach touch typing anymore?

most schools never did

>typing of the dead
I almost forgot about this gem. I know where my next two hours are going, now.

they taught typing to me, but not touch.

Really? You'd think it'd be considered a basic skill nowadays. Your average pleb probably types a hell of a lot more than they hand write. I remember my school even putting card covers over your hands so you couldn't cheat and look at the keys while typing.

nowadays, they skip straight from handwriting to touchscreens

i work with kids in the 8-12 range and they're right at home on ipads but give them a laptop with a physical keyboard and they can't do shit

Actually; touch-typing was taught as a full-class in my public school for six months. I think it's a pretty valuable skill; but most people get there anyways with personal computer use.

Serious question. Why is that not the standard layout? That looks awesome.

>nowadays, they skip straight from handwriting to touchscreens

Attached: 1495540664827.png (254x252, 44K)

That's a one handed maltron m8. Not really made for people with use of two hands. If you want something curved & ergonomic look at the dactyl (manuform), kinesis advantage, and the two handed maltron.

anyone got a good rec on a board with a removable cord? preferably tkl

Model M SSK

kbdfans kbd8x

Don't most modern boards use a removable cable?

gamer boards haven't caught up yet

I got a MagicForce 68 with gateron browns some months ago.

Even if it's an entry level kb, it stills miles better than my old rubber dome.

Thanks to the user who recommended it to me.

That 0.2ms is "switch" latency from a4tech marketing material, not whole "keyboard" latency, but there is indeed a test that puts that bloody board and logitech romer board inside 10ms (of "keyboard" latency), if I remember it was around 6-8ms. While usual cherry switches were somewhere in 35 - 85 ms range. There was thread on ocn about kb latency with all the tests, look into it if you like. I kinda understand the guy (even if he really was paid shill), people talk crap about wireless peripherals or tvs because muh lag, and then they go and buy 100+€ keyboard that adds more lag than both... oh well.

Filco Convertible TKL, prob the only keyboard you'll need for life.

literally get anything

This sucks. I really slowed down my vidya playing over the last couple of years but still when I buy $200+ keyboards I have the assumption that they're good at everything. Effectively my whole pile of keyboards are shit at vidya.

considering there are many pro gamers that still use cherry keyboards I don't think you should worry much lol

CoolerMaster Masterkeys S

You're welcome.

Uhhhh.... I don't think it's the keyboard dude.

Am I right in assuming that these pads with the diode symbol are for the underglow LEDs, and therefore I need to buy surface-mounted ones?

This is vinnie's macropad that was shilled a couple of threads ago

Attached: 1525609984740.jpg (4032x2268, 2.03M)

Also, how can I tell what kind of LEDs I need? I thought there'd be a standard size, but it seems like there are a few different ones, plus they seem to differ in voltage (some are rated 2V, others 3V) and I don't see any indication on the PCB.

Should I just ask vinnie?

The plastic mould and curved PCB make the cost prohibitive in this age of $2 keyboards.

Asking again, sorry.

Does anyone have experience with Chinese Teensy clones? Shipping makes the real thing very expensive for me, while there are chink versions on Aliexpress for $10.

it's just $10 wtf just buy it and test it yourself

Just how poor are you?

the + - marked holes next to each other are for LEDs

get 1.8mm ones, they have the best compatibility with switches and keycaps

depending on what switches you're planning on using, you might have to install the LEDs first

Maltron keyboards are normally handwired inside instead of using a PCB

Attached: 5cLk7jb.jpg (2592x1456, 1.6M)

I don't want to buy a fake, wait a month for it to arrive, and find that I need to buy another one anyway.

It's also better to benefit from others' experience than waste my money, even if the amount is trivial.

Those are for the switch leds though, but the PCB was advertised as also having underglow.

Read the reviews then and use multiple sources like geekhack and deskthority. Jow Forums isn't the only website on the internet you dum dum

for such a cheapskate you demand a lot.
put your money where your mouth belong, lad

Got a new job and my work keyboard is fucking trash, do you think I'll get fired if I bring in a cheap mechanical?

Attached: IMG_5285.jpg (3638x3120, 1.85M)

Depends. Is it a basedfriendly environment?

How the fuck are we suppose to know your work rules!

Consider asking your manager instead of randoms on the internet, you bloody plonker.

Why would you buy a fucking mech keyboard if you can't type for shit?

so you can take photos of it to post in threads like this, duh faget

I may be going to japan for a keyboard buying trip. Where is recommended? Just hard-off?

I'm mainly looking for old shit.

>I may be going to japan for a keyboard buying trip
you are the gayest fucking faggot i have ever seen on Jow Forums. holy hell

I have been meaning to go there for a while now anyway. I might as well do some shopping while I'm there.

Thoughts on kailh box white vs box brown? I do like the click over tactile but not so much the noise, and I heard the box whites are louder than cherry mx blues

Honestly it's all the same shit, you'll just see a few more topre keyboards

What about the old NEC and Sharp models? Quite a few have some of the more sought-after alps switches.

Most stores sell new shit, if you want older stuff buy from Yahoo auctions and have it shipped to your hotel

Are there shops that sell old shit though? I'm already using yahoo auctions (getting fucked by shipping though).

Got my Lofree Four Seasons after waiting since November. Fucking Kickstarters, I swear. Anyway, the new layout is far more functional than the previous generation and still looks very pretty on my desk. The keys are nice and clickity clackity, and really the only thing I'll have trouble getting used to is the odd layout of the arrow keys and the resulting single-unit right shift key. Honestly, they should just replace the arrow keys with a small joystick on compact keyboards like this one; it'd probably work pretty well given the round keycaps, too.

Attached: IMG_2805.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

>

>>ABS

Jow Forums ain't what it used to be I tell you hwhat.

Attached: filco keyboard.jpg (2400x1600, 1.43M)

how are the hako switches?

Attached: hako-switches.jpg (1500x844, 44K)

holy shit no offence but that looks horrendous.

Where do you work? I bring my own keyboard to work every time I have to go into the office, and no one ever complains. It's topre though. I wouldn't recommend taking a clicky switch or a buckling spring.

Man, I really like the idea of artisan keycaps, and certain stuff like jellykey are really fantastic pieces of art, but the sheer amount of garbage is astounding. Not even that it's poorly mad, but it's all so poorly design. Retarded looking globby monsters, stupid overwatch bullshit. It's incredible how many people intentionally make things that look like shit.

> Man, I really like the idea of artisan keycaps
I wouldn't mind them if they came in fucking cherry profile. Even OEM ones are hard to find though, since 95% of everything doesn't have a profile at all and is some kind of untypable bullshit.
This is the #1 reason I will never buy an artisan

>hako

I mean, aren't they mostly used to replace escape and function keys? You don't really type on those.

o you can read
>kono.store/products/hako-mechanical-switches

Haven't tried them, but the force curves are pretty wierd looking, and they're pretty expensive, you can probably get better at that price point.

Attached: Hako_Curves.png (791x1453, 137K)