I'd like to use Linux

But it offers me no real advantage over Windows. I can't use the programs that I'm used to and vastly prefer, like Photoshop, Winamp, Total commander, or Kmplayer.
I don't do much gaming at all, but in Windows at least if the mood strikes you, you're just one click away from starting a fun session.

All that I could forgive, but Windows actually feels a lot more snappier and responsive. In Linux it takes ages to get somewhere, even if you disable the animations.
Then there's the whole sordid affair of setting up the distro properly, nonsensical settings - especially the Debian/Ubuntu line, screen tearing by default, etc. Linux is fun to explore and mess around in, but it's very inconvenient to use, and if you want to get anything done, you must turn to Windows. It's a shame.

Attached: 1426244979323.jpg (250x249, 49K)

>But it offers me no real advantage over Windows.
then don't fucking use it, cuck. Go on with your life.

Arch linux is a bitch to install but together with i3wm it's the best linux distro you can get. Extremely fast after you get used to all the keyboard shortcuts for i3wm.

who gives a fuck about what operating system you're using
go use windows and stop bitching about linux

Just install linux OP, Windows is shitty and you know it. Screentearing is only an issue on XFCE with certain drivers. Linux is way snappier.

Attached: 1525154718358.jpg (625x626, 66K)

user I gotta say, use i3-gaps there is no reason not to and the visual clarity you get from 8px gaps between windows is ridiculous

is this the best shit you can come up with, fucking street shitters no wonder your country is a literal shit hole.
saged.

Yeah I don't know how to use gaps yet but I've gotten used to is without gaps. I'm really wondering if I even want to shrink windows on my setup. I'm on a netbook.

What about Antegros or Manjaro?

Those are both based on arch. Manjaro is aparently the best one out of the box. Don't have to go through the crazy setup that is normal arch.

typical winfag

I agree, Linux is sh1t.

I used to be a winfag until I stopped giving a shit about game compatibility. I don't even game anymore. There are much more important things to do on computers than play games.

Are you me
i want to install linux just so i fucking stay away from those shit games, but at the same time i want to get into music production, so, quite a dilemma

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1511577092964.jpg (400x300, 11K)

>I can't use the programs that I'm used to and vastly prefer
Stopped reading here, the whole point of Windows is to lock you in and force you to use their OS just so you can run the programs you want. You already gave into their schemes, we can't help you as long as you are complicit.

I use GNU/Linux for music production, there's some stuff that's weird about it but it works okay for the most part. It's better than using proprietary shit at least

Unless your display is a tiny 4:3 screen or something it shouldn't really matter. Just build i3 gaps off github and add something like this to your config file.
gaps inner 10
gaps outer 10

>github
Nevermind, just realized you use arch. Pretty sure its in the AUR.

Report and move on please. Nothing to see here.

>All that I could forgive, but Windows actually feels a lot more snappier and responsive. In Linux it takes ages to get somewhere, even if you disable the animations.
Is this the opposite day? Windows hasn't been "snappier" than Linux in all its lifetime and it still isn't. I could maybe see it happening if you only use Windows-only software through Wine instead of finding native alternatives. Still quite a reach.

Attached: 3hluG7b.png (600x601, 55K)