/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with

Attached: 1525207027029s.jpg (228x249, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Pulover/PuloversMacroCreator
exhentai.org/g/1003503/4f8319a684/
github.com/dnsev-h/eze
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping one last time.

Thoughts on 1440p?
Thoughts on Gsync?

Pls post fizzbuzz in Java using functional programming, not for homework just curious. My compsci prof was telling me about a time he was being interviewed to be a consultant for a project by someone who didn't know what to ask besides "lol do a fizz buzz," so my prof did it using functional programming. But what does it look like?

where do ISPs hire their internet connection from?
how much does it cost?

gnutls or openssl ??

Does this ever happen to you? Sometimes Windows will just start being weird and various GUI elements just seem to become "sticky". Now I'm struggling to explain myself properly, but for instance the scroll bar in my browser will stick after pressing it, which will cause the page to scroll up and down as I move my mouse. In the taskbar the application things will behave as if I'm constantly hovering above one, this info box will stick around for way longer etc.

This goes away if I reboot, but I'm just wondering if this is some kind of known bug or if it's just me having strange issues with something. I don't really know how to google this

Attached: ggsfdssdf.png (297x68, 3K)

A few retarded questions with almost no relation to one another.

What is your preferred config file format and why?

Firefox doesn't immediately release memory of a closed .webm file. So if moving or deleting a .webm you need to wait 20-30 seconds or so before you can move it or else you risk corrupting the file. What is a lightweight program that doesn't have this problem?

What server host would you recommend for some small and personal-use projects? Supporting Python is a must and the projects are small enough to fit within most "Free Tiers". There are 20,000 hosts out there nowadays so looking to hear recommendations.

Are there superior lossless image optimizers I should be using instead of optipng and mozjpeg?

Anyone you would recommend for some basic video editing guides? Preferably Sony Vegas or Premier Pro - as those are what my work can provide to me for free on the company license. Nothing to do with post prod editing or After Effects, but just basic things like syncing playback, side-by-side comparisons, how to do closed captioning properly, things like that. I'd prefer watching videos from a single person who makes decent guides over searching Youtube for each and every thing and having to filter through twenty trash guides before finding a decent one.

Attached: 1380578970908.jpg (1008x720, 80K)

What's currently the best ad blocker for Firefox (desktop)? I've used uBlock Origin forever but it's starting to fuck up on me.

plaintext
This is false
Leaseweb
For web content consider using webp, for archival purpose those listed are sufficent

For the taskbar hover thing, holding shift and right clicking on an icon fixes a similar problem for me although I have never had problems with scroll bars etc. so it's probably something different

Resized my linux file system with cfdisk, unbeknowest to me this does a lot of damage. I resized it back to its original size but I am still having problems. When I boot up it shows a blank screen and cursor (a display manager doesn't even show up). Apt and dpkg are also damaged, anyway I can fix this?

t. brainlet

Attached: 32436243632.gif (480x270, 1.57M)

30 mins... why is this shit taking 30 minutes and counting to uninstall???? netbeans took like 10 seconds

Attached: Capture.jpg (458x643, 25K)

>plaintext
ini, toml, and yaml are all plaintext user. I don't think you understood the question.
>This is false
Then explain why when I open a .webm in Firefox, close the tab, then try and move or delete the file Windows tells me the file is already in use. But if I open it in another browser and close the tab I can move/delete the file instantly. Only 15-20 seconds after closing the FF tab will FF release memory over the file and let me move/delete it.
>Leaseweb
Thanks for the suggestion.
>For web content consider using webp, for archival purpose those listed are sufficent
Why would you use webp over bpg for that purpose is beyond me. Larger file sizes and lower quality.

pow(405, 3); // 66430124
405 * 405 * 405; // 66430125
Why is this allowed?

unix style .conf files
mpv
no idea
not that i know of
no idea

How do I make it to where my computer asks to boot from some form of removable media during boot instead of having to constantly open the boot menu and manually select? I've already googled and I can't find shit. Also dug through my bios and didn't find anything.

Is the screen entirely blank? Or do you get a console with a login? If it's entirely blank you might have overwritten your boot loader and in that case you could use a live iso to reinstall grub.

Visual Studio is bloated MS garbage.

Bios
Boot priority

its not grub, I can _boot_ into my linux system but then theres a blank screen. No login either.

Try pressing ctrl-alt-f2 and see if you get a terminal.

I can

how do i fix this shit

Attached: Untitled.png (959x49, 5K)

Then you should login and run an apt-get update and upgrade, and then install a display manager.

uninstall windows faggot

that would work, only problem is apt and dpkg are corrupt

You might need to reinstall. You could try getting the tar file for dpkg but you're probably better off just reinstalling.

Learn what that process does

Anyone know how to root a Sony Xperia E D2005 smartphone without using a PC?

Attached: Sony Xperia E1 D2005.jpg (796x844, 79K)

>xda

yeah thats what I figured. I completely fucked though, I encrypted my home dir and I cant recover it, so all my data is lost. fml

If you used the ubuntu encrypted home partition stuff you should be able to recover it with your user password in a live iso.

NTFS/ZFS/REFS - They all got pros/cons. NTFS due to the whole "Raid write hole/data fuck up when power suddenly fails thing" or the "long ass rebuild/build times for raid volumes" But the fix for such issue is get a UPS to fix the power fail issue and split the array into 2 or more separate ones to shorten raid build times. ZFS requires loads of ram to work and like ntfs, if power fails, your data is still fucked during a write/read. The GUI is not as user friendly as Windows. REFS - shows promise but has way worse performance in data transfers than reg NTFS/Raid.

is there any way to get the window shuffler (or something similar) from ubuntu budgie on kubuntu?

is it possible to search for videos on a youtube channel while narrowing it to videos that have subtitles in a particular language? is it possible to do this kind of search on youtube in general?

How do i get rid of my old shit that i dont want? I have a laptop, more than 3 computers i dont use, and some ancient components like DDR1 RAM and some older.

>cfdisk
Poor you.

Craigslist
Ebay
One of those apps like LetGo.

how do I block Jow Forums's ads that get through my ad blocker?
You know, the ones that were added in some months ago but I've been lazy about getting rid of.

I use ublock origin - they appeared for me a few months back then disappeared after a week presumably with a ublock update.

>Thoughts on 1440p?
good
>Thoughts on Gsync?
vendor lock-in garbage

Is there a booru viewer that can let me sub to tags and it notifies me when there is a new image with the tag? Im currently adding them to my RSS reader but surely there is a better way

Still ubo. I'd update your filters, then look into resetting browser preferences.

Looks like its working, good enough for me thanks man.

So, I'm using a dual screen setup, windows 7.

Main screen is a 144hz one, second screen is a 60hz one. But for some reason the 2nd one gets locked at 48hz. I can get it to 60hz if I change the first one to 120hz.

What gives?

How big is too big for a 16:9 computer monitor?

Any firefox 57+ extensions to open a page/link with a custom URI?
I'm going for something simple like other things which require a helper program due to WebExts but instead I defined a custom mpv:// protocol in registry and a tiny bat file next to mpv to parse and launch it (strip out the mpv:// protocol).

I just need something that lets me right click a link and navigate to "mpv://thelink".

Does changing the partitioning of an entire drive also irreversibly wipe its contents?

>saving the thumbnail
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>shitty fate waifu and not even anything related to technology in the picutre.
Stupid question, but OP are you a faggot?

Is there a way in uBlock Origin to block a parent element, but not its children?

You mean like a frame?

sure

nevermind, figured it out

Well after about 10 years I got my first notice for downloading a film, so I have some stupid questions about VPNs

Are they safe?
Easy to use?
Are there any downsides?

It would just be for TV shows and films and shit

What's the name for those programs that record your keystrokes while remaining completely hidden?
What's a good one I can use on my computer? I need to record a wifi password.

Can I plug my laptop into any ethernet port and gain access to the internet in most hotels/colleges?

>mpv ~/music/album/*
>[file] Cannot open file 'song title': Permission denied
wat do

>I got my first notice for downloading a film

British?

use a better media player
are you not using a GUI?

That's what you get for using public trackers, uguu~

Attached: 1383025565945.png (474x555, 232K)

Yup

It was as a kindly worded warning

Are there any monitors/TVs that can display the input from 2 different sources simultaneously? Example: half of the screen shows what's coming through the HDMI port and the other half what's coming through the DP.

don't get offended but your nanny state is spooky af, here in south america no one gives a motherfucking flying single fuck about what you do with your "internets" and your "beep box"

sorry for not helping btw, never was in your situation, gl m8

man chmod
the only ones I'm aware of are big 2k / 4k monitors

A thing that logs your keys? You mean a fucking keylogger?

My PC is 4 years old. I haven't paid attention to hardware releases in a while.
Has RAM/CPU/GPU changed or improved significantly in the last 4 years?
GPUs probably have but costs seemed to skyrocketed because of shitcoin

I have a 650 Ti Boost. If I buy a 2k monitor will my frames go to shit when I am gaymen?

>Has RAM/CPU/GPU changed or improved significantly in the last 4 years?
No.

Guess I won't worry about upgrading too much then

Unless you require a specific instruction set in a more modern CPU, you're fine

When i was usually charge my phone it has +2000mA so i takes about an hour to charge, now the number decrases with the percentage, so at 50%battery its 700mA and at 70% just 300mA so it takes a while to load. anyone knows what that could be?

How exactly does a CPU write to a harddisk?

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I COPY TEXT FROM A BASIC FUCKING PDF I'VE TRIED TWO DIFFERENT PROGRAMS FUCK REFERENCING FUCK EVERYTHING I'M DROPPING OUT

i'll pay $10 in bitcoins or eth if you can make a macro to do this

github.com/Pulover/PuloversMacroCreator

Attached: 1525333501790.png (1568x1768, 1005K)

So I want to make a one key keyboard for my foot. I'll use it as mod key for i3wm.
Where do I get started? I'm familiar with c and have used a pressure sensor in a tiny electronics project. How do I connect it to my computer? How do I write the driver (just Linux will do)

just give a direct link to the shit you need 2 download

it has to be a script or macro

You cant make a script for it if you dont even know the site.

oh you meant like that

exhentai.org/g/1003503/4f8319a684/

the plugin is Eze
github.com/dnsev-h/eze

I'm having a little problem with Wine. I created the 32bit WINEPREFIX but I don't know how to set it for make winetricks open with it.

Difference between win 10 Pro, Enterprise and LTSB? What are the drawbacks to Enterprise and LTSB compared to Pro?

Why can't I open github with android browser like naked browser/lightning anymore? Does github no longer support webview?

LTSB is outdated, a couple of versions behind, receives security updates I think

Enterprise/Education isn't outdated, and it gives you the ability to stop Windows Updates, Windows Defender etc.

Pro isn't outdated, but you can't stop most of the Windows services without breaking the entire thing

So Enterprise is the best pick? Can Enterprise be activated as easily as Pro with software like KMSspico?

1440p looks great on all sizes but needs moar gpu power.

Gsync's purpose is to make inconsistent framerates much less noticeable, so it depends on your hardware and games.
If your games have a very inconsistent framerate (eg. jumping from 100 to 30 often) because of shit optimization or hardware not powerful enough to always push max fps, it's a godsend.

From the companies that own the infrastructure.
Sometimes the ISP itself owns part or all of it, at least here in Europe.

Depends on resolution/size ratio and how far you are from it

Prosumer monitors do that sometimes. My old S27A850D had that feature and it was pretty sick.

They've improved significantly in efficiency and TDP. Current mid/high end desktop hardware like an i7 or a gtx 1070 can be powered and cooled within a laptop with minimal compromises, which is pretty ridiculous.
The super high end offerings on CPUs also improved dramatically and you know have 16/18 cores from AMD and Intel that can be overclocked.
If you're not looking at the cutting edge of modern technology, nothing changed dramatically. SSD's are cheaper, UEFIs are improving, and low end hardware is generally quite higher in quality and value compared to earlier.

I'm pretty sure there's some indian on Quora explaining it better than I can.

There's USB pedals you can buy on Amazon.

The nice features that you had on enterprise and education are now also on Pro. It's also easier to crack it, or buy a legit license for it.

So you can disable most things on Pro now like you could on Enterprise?

Does anyone know where I can find keys for Emsisoft Anti Malware?

There might be still some differences I'm not aware of, but what I used to be able to do only in Ent/Edu in the beginning of Win10 can now be done in Pro too.
Don't take my word for granted 100% and double check for your use case.

Are there any dead simple HTPC remotes available? Something that uses Wi-Fi and has only play/pause and forward/backward buttons?

I don't know a whole lot about how laptops work.

So my laptop has cracks in the back casing, and lately I need to push or adjust the screen because the display freezes and the pixels get out of whack and change color. It's something to do with the display connecting or something, I think. As far as I can tell the screen itself is fine, the casing behind it just has cracks. Is this fixable or do I need to replace the whole thing?

Is DVD or CD better for backing up files onto?

>USB pedals
I know but I want to do something this summer. I thought I would learn something along the way doing this

DVD. Make sure it's from a high quality brand like Verbatim or Sony.

Can I attach a new fan on the fly or should I power off first?

You could try it but iirc it wont even start spinning. I would just shut down and take the chance to dust out the machine.

How can i block with a password individual programs on windows? I use those programs rately so it's jot worth it to lock my entire user, it would take me too much time to type in my password every time the screen turns off. There are some freeware but they look shady and aren't open source. What is the right way to do this?

Attached: 1514859640950.jpg (1080x1207, 152K)

What do I do if I want to dl a 23.25gb file from Mega but don't want to download MegaDownloader for privacy reasons?

Leave your browser open for 20 hours