Im sorry but if you are a non-low level programming/developer and don't use a 2017 15" mbp I really feel bad for you

im sorry but if you are a non-low level programming/developer and don't use a 2017 15" mbp I really feel bad for you.
>build quality unmatched.
>amazing useful touchpad with responsive customized gestures
>home brew mimics useful shell pkg's that you would otherwise find on GAH-NU
>retina display
>powerful github community

notice how on every youtube dev conf video of a presentation, the person is demoing on a mac. that is their go-to tool to get shit done. I cant believe there are such losers on here using garbage refurbished $200 thinkpads. I feel so bad for you faggots.
>good enough for me
>ok rajeesh
>kek allow me to point out inconsistencies in your logic to justify my smart purchase of a cheap laptop to run buggy GAHNU
>lol didnt read make $100k+ coding C JAVA ASSEMBLY
current state of Jow Forums tards

Attached: apple-macbook-pro-15-inch-2017-14.jpg (830x467, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/ThinkPad-E480-i5-8250U-RX-550-Laptop-Review.280524.0.html#toc-energy-management
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alternatively you can buy a new Thinkpad or Dell XPS laptop and install Ubuntu. I am running Ubuntu 18.04 on a Thinkpad E480

$2.00 has been deposited to your App Store!

good enough for me

Seriously. I've accidentally dropped my thinkpad 6 feet onto concrete and it still works completely fine. Whether the build quality of a MBP is better than that or not doesn't make a difference, I don't need a laptop that's sturdier than the one I have now. I really hate touchpad gestures and if I had a MBP the first thing I would do is turn them off. I don't do work when I'm not at work, my laptop is basically just for watching anime and shit in bed.

I could easily afford a Macbook Pro, but I have better shit to spend that money on, like holidays abroad.

I used to have a 13 inch model. After having to return it 3 times for repairs on the keyboard I sold it and got a second hand Thinkpad. I found out that A LOT of people have shit with the new keyboard.

>>build quality unmatched.
lol okay buddy

>E480
holy shit that is an absolute garbage deviece.
Honestly an xps isn't too bad but a fucking e480? are you shitting me? first of all the new thinkpads did lose some important features of the thinkpad series over time, but they are mostly okay and far better than Jow Forums gives them credit. however this is only true for the real thinkpads, so something like the "T" or "W" series, not for the garbage tier "E" shit. That stuff is an absolute embarressement for the thinkpad series. Read it yourself: notebookcheck.net/ThinkPad-E480-i5-8250U-RX-550-Laptop-Review.280524.0.html#toc-energy-management

How can I join your company. If you get paid for shilling products I might as well join you. Nothing can be as good as getting paid for shitposting. Also do I get a complimentary macbook too ?

>unmatched build quality
lol?

Thinkpad build quality is better. Tell me when your fagbook can survive drops and abuse like a Thinkpad.
Trackpoint > Any trackpad.

>tfw Lenovo Y50-70 Hackintosh
>easy to disassemble and repair
>no soldered crap
>cheaper than an equally powerful MacBook
>Applecuck course mates look in disbelief when they see me running Mac on a device that doesn't cost €1500+
>dual boot Windows 10 (which comes for free thanks to Uni) for gayming and stupid programs which don't come for Mac or Linux / the Mac or Linux version is crap
Feels good not being a degenerate faggot

Attached: Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y50-70.jpg (1371x996, 229K)

>>powerful github community
The fuck? What kind of argument is that? How does github community make your macbook better, by praying to Jobs?

>build quality unmatched
The thing is made out of basically glue and glass
No thought on maintenance whatsoever and have a quite bad thermal performance
I will give you that, but its a shame it's wasted on a heap of overheating glass and glue pad thing
>home brew mimics useful shell pkg's that you would otherwise find on GAH-NU
But with a much smaller userbase as you need a mac to develop to the mac, making most of the software quick rushed ports from other platforms.
>retina display
And no CPU or GPU power to drive it well
>powerful github community
That's a miserable little pile of SJWs that will expel you for accidentally misgendering someone.

And you don't need to necessarily rush to a thinkpad, specially one not made by IBM, basically most regular laptops beat the apple by default, except for the microsoft surface that somehow manage to defeat apple in maintenance shitness.

2015 was the last good MBP suck my dick.

Thinkpads are just FUgly to look at, honestly, they use bad industrial design as a statement. Can't support that shit.

And Mac is just way overpriced for what it offers, but admittedly has nice hardware.

So, what does that leave me with? HP EliteBooks. Nice design, EB line is super durable, no MacFagOS to deal with.

> deliberately and unironically running FagOS for no actual purpose
> not being a degenerate
Pick only one.

is this pasta? if not what do you gain from a shit tier bait like this?

Attached: 1508814591625.jpg (404x404, 20K)

>2017
A speck of dust literally breaks the keys on that thing

Fucking this. I mean, you don't even have to be "wealthy". You can easily save up for your first Mac and an external drive for time machine backups. After that, when you want a newer Mac you sell off the old one for 80% of retail and buy your new one for about the cost of a used Chinkpad and restore everything from your time machine backup. A smart macfag will basically recycle the same $300-$500 for years to always have the best Mac.

First of all, your computer shouldn't be for looking at, it's for working with.
And Apple does not have decent hardware for a high price. It has over priced shitware

>devs use it

You can spot degenerates when they unironically use the word "dev"

I use one at work, the touchbar is the worst meme of the century, I had to remove most buttons from it, so I wouldn't touch them accidentally during typing. Also the keyboard feels bad, the buttons are too low and noisy.

im sorry but if you are a mactoddler, you will never belong on Jow Forums

Attached: 1502483489677.jpg (2048x1536, 625K)

>you will never be a Proffesional Developer with your Macbook Pro™ writing jQuery code and Wordpress $10 themes making $120k a year because you got a nice job at a company which values "personality" but people consider you to be the best Front End Ninja in the whole office, and the best at beer pong during breaks too!

Attached: 20070211210543!Panic.jpg (64x64, 2K)

If i had to go this low, i probably would just whore myself.

For me, the future is too uncertain. Apple claims that they want to use their own processors in their macs starting from 2020. Now unless they make it compatible with x86 without performance loss, that's going to be terrible.
You DO occasionally need Windows, and the current situation where you can start a Windows VM or even Windows itself is great.
If Macs lose this ability, they'll lose a lot of worth for anyone who uses them professionally.
Also, a lot of the interest in Mac OS that led to it becoming so developer focused was the Hackintosh Community. Obviously, they won't be around anymore either.

I had 15“ MBPs, last one was from 2012 (first retina model). If they fix the shitty keyboard I buy a new one.

+1, after 11 years of full time programming I can vouch this, you guys in Jow Forums have no clue

also, if it's for the price, if you are in IT you should be able to purchase at least 2-3 MBPs a month

> not using/needing an external monitor and bluetooth mechanical keyboard while working

It doesnt necessarily have to be a 2017 one. I use a 2015 2.5GHz 15" MBP and it's just as amazing and still has ports aside from usb c

and have
- no retina effect / low resolution text (quite important if you stare at it hours)
- no comparable battery life
- less stable os
- no comparable storage speeds (blazing fast on mac)

if you buy a chinkpad then also
- no backlight
- lower build quality
- even lower battery life

btw, I've used linux daily at work for 4 years, but there's no hardware as optimized that can cope... especially for battery life (quite important in a laptop)

im sorry but if you use macshit toddler toys for technophobic troglodytes, you should fuck off back to

>no backlight

Are you retarded?

> that's a feature I don't need so if you value it you must be retarded

obviously I can touch type without looking at keyboard but it's a plus if a notebook has backlight, as it might turn useful in more than one occurrence, depending if you use it for work only or not

>no retina effect
XPS 4k screen is better than MBP's

So I used to get MacBooks for the build quality and retina displays because they were the only PC maker at that level. I'd just install windows because OSX sucks.

Now? Everyone has high res screens, build quality can be good with the right maker, AND I CAN USE MY USB DEVICES WITHOUT BUYING A FUCKING ADAPTER.

Attached: usb-c-adapters-macbook-pro.jpg (800x450, 18K)

I have 2017 mid macbook air and also I can use.USB too

So you got the low end one. Must be hard living with physical function keys instead of a touchbar huh?

Attached: 1522398642143.jpg (190x235, 31K)

The keyboard is so fucking garbage, if you are a programmer and really try to use this everyday, you are literally retarded.

Bitch if I have to carry this thing, look at it and touch it every day, you can be damn sure I'm gonna make that a pleasant experience. Sorry I don't exist on some ethereal plane, but for me, haptics, weight, looks, a nice keyboard, a comfortable click on your touchpad are all as or even more important than the software on that thing.

Is this a troll?

>E-series
I'm sorry famalam. Thinkpads and dell XPSs are pretty great though, and if you get a work discount aren't bad to buy new.

Isn't pissing off applefags a good enough reason?

>>build quality unmatched.
It's shit.
>>amazing useful touchpad with responsive customized gestures
It's mediocre.
>>home brew mimics useful shell pkg's that you would otherwise find on GAH-NU
It's shit with no packages.
>>retina display
It's mediocre and wastes power.
>>powerful github community
I don't care.

I'm an actual software engineer and I use a Dell Latitude with Ubuntu and Windows 10 LTSB because it just fucking works. I get access to all of the development tools I'd ever need and the thing has an excellent keyboard. Mac keyboards are ass and unusable for programming. No trackpoint means I need to take my hands away from home row when scrolling through whatever I'm working on, and that's no bueno. Also, what do you mean by "non-low level"? CurryScript and web dev? I write device drivers, not a fashion blog.

But surface book has better display and battery life these two are the most important