So what happens when people start running 4ghz ddr4 with decent timings?

So what happens when people start running 4ghz ddr4 with decent timings?

Attached: amd ddr.jpg (1387x775, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconlottery.com/collections/coffeelake/products/8700k52g?variant=47048295116
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: damn.jpg (1393x786, 147K)

not much

That is pretty much GPU limited at 1080P.

intel is probably uncomfortable

so 200$ cpu is getting performance of delidded 350$ cpu with 240mm radiator and all you can come up is 1080p meme. You realize anyone running gtx1080ti will be playing 1440p or 4k right? The GPU will always be the limiter.

I am a fan of AMD but even i can see it requires expensive memory and motherboard to come close to the 8700K.

the 8700k need atleast dh15 and a high end mobo to get 5.2 ghz so it works out sweetheart

lol what? to reach 5.2ghz on 8700k you need fucking good mobo, delid and extremely good cooling and even luck, since majority will reach 4.9 - 5.0

>use GPU limited benchmarks to test CPUs and CPU limited benchmarks to test GPUs
AMDrones, everybody.

APUs would benefit a lot from it.

Average 8700k can't even do that with a DH15 without delidding. Shit sucks, wish Intel would solder their heatspreader.

im not amd drone, im running intel+nvidia myself, but amd have always been about value

intel have nothing on 2600/2600x in term of overall value

when you add up all the cost a system with 8700k will cost 300-350$ more. Thats the price of midrange gpu, yes if you have unlimited budged, there is "no" gpu limit, but we live in a world were you have to compare the value product provides versus its cost.

I get pissed off with HU always using their delidded golden sample to test with. He should use a standard retail 8700K with standard TIM.

that's pretty nice

But then he would miss out all the shekels coming his way from Tel Aviv.

>As a [insert group] I'm really concerned about...
Lmao, fuck off faggot.

Ryzen will explode. I can't wait to use my 4266 kit on Zen 2.

Attached: aida.jpg (1657x1203, 200K)

Envious of that 4266. I bought 3600 cl16 because my vidya(WoW) scales almost linearly with ram speed once you remove GPU bottleneck.
Planning to go from skylake to zen 2 and reuse my ram.
I think people underestimate how much better intel is at older games though. My friend has a 1600/1070 and I have a 6600k/980ti and I significantly outperform him in every game we play,

How do i git gut at memory timings?

Its useless right now. I hoped for 3800 on Zen+ but I get 3733 max and not stable. So I go 3600 with decent timings.

3600 is good and BDies should overclock higher. This was the main reason to buy these kits, 100% Bdies.

Yes, the 1700 sucks especially if not overclocked with shit RAM. For games not using multicore its horrific.

Mine is b-die but I didn't know when I bought it. It was just the best deal on "fast ram". High speed ddr4 is seriously the shit on zen or intel if you can afford it. My 6600k and 980ti outperform what review sites get fps wise for their gtx 1080's.
Even 3600 is good for zen though, my friend with the 1600 is stuck at 2933.

You don't need to buy better RAM then. I can highly recommend buying proper RAM, it will last more than one CPU.

BIOS updated? I'm running 3000 on shitty Crucial 2400 modules. On a B350M-A. Overclocking is hell on this board, you have to remove the BIOS battery every time.

Up the voltage, lower the timings.

It's not rocket science.

And good modules. Then you are only limited by your IMC.

nah, apus would benefit from a stack of hbm.

amd sould put out a limited consumer primarily oem sku which has 4gb stack of hbm on the cpu die.

Intel will lose goyim and we can be having that

Attached: Holy+i+didn+t+have+that+one+_27f4ea5616d2dbe9b98e1e04f0cfb675.png (200x200, 26K)

>Octalcore

>Remember how my friend told me AMD will produce "OctalCores" soon
>While playing COD4 in 2007
I had a quadcore Phenom back then which was already more cores than most people had

Infinity Fabric can only get better with time. Imagine when DDR5 comes out and if the leap between DDR4 and DDR5 speeds is as big as the leap between DDR3 and DDR4.
AMD really got it right with their glue.

ddr5 has really bad timing atleast for now

I got Micron 2400mhz RAM, will it fucked me in the ass if I tried OC it to 3200mhz with cheap MSI gaming pro board?

they can throw u BSOD, but thats about it, i bought cheap 1600 ddr3 kingston ram back in the day, but they are so crappy that i need to run them at 1333 (but at much better timings) so they dont throw bsod for me

This. New RAM is only worth when it gets much higher speeds. DDR3 can reach 2133 with OC, DDR4 uses 2133 as basespeed, but OCs over 3000, where DDR3 would never be.

DDR4 will do 4000, so I guess DDR5 should do at least 5000. The early models will come with 4266 as far as I heard.

No, but you'll most likely not OC 3200. I also got Micron 2400, they do 3000 CL17.

At what volt?

DDR5 is not meant to perform significantly faster, it’s main goal is increased capacity

1.2 is max 2800 CL16

I hope that, affordable DDR4 would suffice for now
>Those days when I bought 16 GB for 50 €

You can use default volt at 2800?
What brand?

Why does ryzen depend on RAM speed so much?

they go bankrupt

Which is the best a CPU can do in gaming you tard. No one plays at sub 1080p anymore.

infinity fabric between ccx is directly connected to ram speeds

a 5.2 golden sample vs a casual 2600

love those comparisons

DDR5 base - 4266 MHz
OC - 4800, 5332, 5986, 6400 MHz

this, 5.2 is fucking one in 10.000

lol you amdshills for real?

>delidded golden sample flagship cpu overclocked to the max
vs
>not a 2700x with a conservative overclock
gee i wonder who'd win

Attached: 1501568820265.png (868x756, 265K)

yes, 6Ghz ryzen 2 has higher IPC than cofveve lake.

Extremely capable core limited by the uncore design (same problem as SKL-X, really).

>Golden sample silicon lottery winner
>Delidded
>Expensive cooling required to reach the magic 5.2Ghz

Ho Ho Ho

Attached: kek.jpg (4008x1212, 460K)

>if you're poor and what a subpar experience go for ryzen

got it
luckily I can afford better products, but I understand how some might find zen passable

Some people cannot wait for a lottery winner cpu to appear in eBay. They want to start working with a work cpu now.

Whoa, I happen to own a 5.2 ghz 8700k as well. How many lottery winners are there? Whatever makes you sleep at night, peasant.

god damn that stupid $300 CPU cooler is not needed on the intel system and makes up most of the price difference

I'm not defending intel but literally a $40 slab of aluminum with no name brand will voltage cap as well

And the $300 motherboard isn't needed on the AMD, could literally use a $70 B350.

>cofveve

What is this retardation even supposed to conceive?

>4Ghz beats 5Ghz

AMD has superior IPC

>Ryzen 2 with 5Ghz clock speed and 5Ghz Ram speed

It will destroy Intel for good unless Intel somehow miraculously unveils quantum computing for consumer that destroys conventional CPU or does something new.

What about tweaked 4500C17?

Attached: 4500-17-18-18-2T.jpg (1144x863, 298K)

End result is speed. 6400mhz can be done on DDR5

5.2 isn't that rare. The real rare ones are 5.3 to 5.5

>ddr3, ddr4 capable of at least double the initial spec
>yfw ddr5 will be capable of 8533 cl29

If you delid you can just use a DH15 or comparable cooler and lower the price by about 100. Your ram speeds are different though, so the benefit from changing coolers would probably be mitigated by upping ram speeds

>deliding required
>bin cpu required
>custom loop required unless you live in toronto canada
>infected by both meltdown and all variants of spectre
>all patches for both decrease performance

>when you add up all the cost a system with 8700k will cost 300-350$ more
this delusion. Your meaning a rig with ram and everything right?

Coffeelake's memory controller goes up to that in the bios but the modules aren't capable.

>5.2 isn't that rare. The real rare ones are 5.3 to 5.5

Hmm, lets see about that.

siliconlottery.com/collections/coffeelake/products/8700k52g?variant=47048295116

>As of 3/22/18, the top 22% of tested 8700Ks were able to hit 5.2GHz or greater.

So yes, 5.2ghz is pretty rare.

Yeah HT is crap, Intel has not improved it since the p4 days. SMT from AMD is hugely superior

Its not that HT is crap so much as intel needs to stop fucking cramming 90% of their execution resources onto 2 scheduling ports within the processor.

AMD gets such good scaling with it due to the fact resources within the Zen core are more evenly spread over the schedulers. On top of that, integer and floating point have their own separate schedulers. If a port is occupied, Zen can just shunt it to another port and the resources are there ready to be used.

>Reported mobo on left Asus
>ASSrock on the right

Attached: 1267655235485.jpg (512x627, 31K)

the ram kit needed for this costs more than cpu itself you retard. poor performance in gayming is a fault of ryzen architecture design and its atrocious latencies. you shouldn't be forced to buy €300+ ram kits just so it performs good.
you can just get 8400 and a cheap mobo to get the same, if not better performance in games.

>muh games

>thread is clearly about gaming benchmarks

>Incels would NEVER talk about real workloads
>only muh gaymes where they're destroyed now too
OY GEVALT!

Attached: t.JUSTnich.png (1002x1480, 1.25M)

>₹3 has been deposited into your account

Nice argument poorfag

You can use either software.

Ringbus is on its last legs, user. Deal with it.

More than 1 in 5 is not "rare". And it's certainly nowhere near "fucking one in 10.000"

78% of chips not hitting the stated frequency isn't considered rare?

Attached: 1455687281173.png (439x290, 141K)

bad timings != bad latency you fucking brainlets

That's right. "Rare" is something like 1 in 20 or 1 in 100, not 1 in 5.

>"Rare" is something like 1 in 20 or 1 in 100, not 1 in 5.

Upon what information have you read that leads you to this conclusion?

amd might finally catch up to 8400

nothing ?

Basic knowledge of how people use the word? If you frequently went for a walk in a certain neighborhood and every fifth time you heard a police car passing nearby, you wouldn't say that it's rare for the police to pass by in that neighborhood, would you?

>every fifth time you heard a police car passing nearby
You come to the wrong neighborhood.

rekt

It would be extremely painful.

don't be autistic, if you had a rare disease, I wouldn't expect 1 in 5 people to have it...

are there more or just this one super specific cherry picked benchmark?

>ashes of shilltelgularity

>Yeah HT is crap, Intel has not improved it since the p4 days.
if it was not improved since P4 you would see performance decrease more often than not, edgelord

>have to buy $400 RAM to make use of your CPUs

worst timeline

How does RAM OC affects games/3d software on different resolutions like 1440p or 4k? does resolution matters?

What the fuck are you talking about

more of often than not this actually happens cuck

That is a retarded statement. I have money and I always look for price/perf ratio. Of course I made money by not being retarded and just buying expensive shit I didn't need.