Meme-technology you wish would just fuck off already

>LED lights on computer parts
>windows cases
>curved phones/edge technology
>screen-touch shit

Attached: 1519633008939.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

graziadaily.co.uk/life/opinion/internet-intrinsically-sexist/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

threads about things you hate

>stop liking what I don't like!!!11! >:(

More like "stop gluing extra 0s to your price through stupid gimmicks"

good list. 3D touch on the iphones is garbage, too

Maybe you're too blinded by your fucking stinginess to understand how beneficial this is for the market, you idiot.

Hardware manifacturing is a BITCH of a market.
You invest millions, you involve a shitload of people that have to be payed, and your profits suck ass. On top of that you have to do all of this FAST because every half a year new shit comes out and you can't miss on it.

Profits are literally the life and blood of a company and if you can't charge a "user experience premium" like Apple or can't cater to high paying enterprise, you are fucked.
You have no financial room to invest in what you have or to risk doing something different.
On top of that enthusiast customers will always bitch, wanting more for less.

If suckers will pay a hefty premium for RGB, windowed cases and all this bullfuckery, that money will return to you as value in one way or another because it improves the manifacturer's profits.

I'm not arguing it's not profitable, I'm arguing it's not a consumer-friendly way to generate that profit. A GPU isn't made to light up your case, and a cases purpose isn't for you to have a nice window to gleam into your computer parts.

It is not their prime functionality, and strapping bells and whistles on it is solely done to ramp up the price for the consumer who's too stupid to care. Your GPU is there to render, and your case is there to hold your parts, provide airflow and (arguably) keep your parts silent. Sure, that's all subjective to some degree, but no one buys a case solely because it has a neat window or a GPU because it has pretty lights! No one.

If you're not improving the prime functionality, every other measure is just price-padding. Profitable? Sure, but not healthy.

LEDs are nice when they serve their intended purpose as system status indication or even as a design element that isn’t obnoxious, I’m rather a fan of soft white especially in contrast to god awful blue shit that needs to get out and stay out

I wish the empty minimalism obsession would go away more, tired of all the effort and hype being concentrated into bland, uninspired fridges because the fragile twats taking over the whitebox market are afraid of technology that looks and acts like technology and want to hide from it

So if that gpu with lights that some faggot buys makes them make enough money to be able to improve their customer support and give you service in your language, it's shit?

Because this is what I'm talking about.
There really isn't any other easy way in the hardware industry to have this kind of jump in profits.

there’s still plenty of shitty cheap cases out there that appeal to your autistic sensibilities
maybe it’s just time to grow out of video games and buy nice OEM systems like the rest of us that don’t have any of these issues

>maybe you just need to grow up! xD
The argument of the frail and the beaten.

it’s true though, and given your knee-jerk reply you know it too
video games and plain mindless consumerism are the only valid reasons to build in 2018, otherwise a nice OEM workstation one or two generations back will do everything you need and games too with modest upgrades, plus you get your nice little windowless case with better quality than a $45 chinese tinfoil box

Most wireless technology is memeshit.

Smartphones in general are a huge mistake.

Smartphones are in part a bubble, they will pop quite soon

How do you figure that?

- There are so many smartphones it would give you a headache just thinking about how many there are.
- None of them are really differenciating from eachother, the only way they try to do that is either through super-specialization (like the CAT rugged smartphone with a thermal camera) or stupid gimmicks like double/triple lens/curved screen/glass everywhere/THE NOTCH/etc.
- They are designed as consumables lasting max 2 years but at the same time there's nothing really important being implemented in the more recent ones
- Even fucking Unboxed Therapy, which is build literally on smartphone reviews, recently made a video where he tells everyone that all of this is stupid.

It can't go like this forever, people are getting tired of it, and the only way you can get out of it is either if you make some crazy revolutionary product or if you work on the unnecessary complications of said market.
If someone does a good job in one of those two directions, the current state of things will pop really hard.

javascript

The new iPhone costs a thousand bucks, people are lining up around the store ten times over, and Apple is reporting record-breaking sales and your big argument is "people are getting tired of it"?

I don't disagree that the new iterations are just tiny revisions on the old, but you give the basic consumer too much credit.

You're implying people buy phones as a piece of helpful technology, but Stacey and Chad buy 1000-dollar phones because it's a status symbol. As long as having the newest iPhone is something that makes you more relevant, people will continue buying them. Technology be damned.

That's why I believe it's a bubble.
The basic principle of a smartphone has incredible value for anyone; it's the implementation that is atrocious.

Both consumers and producers however are too busy enjoying the rollercoaster as a whole to give it some serious thought, and while the stakes get bigger and bigger in the end it's all grounded on fucking nothing.

One day, for one reason or another, a crack will show up in the wall, so to say. It's just so stupid that it's inevitable.
And it's precisely because consumers (and shareholders too) are dumb fucks that this crack will trigger a radical shift in the mindset of everyone, they will stop buying, and what happens then? Panic selling of stocks.
This is how bubbles pop.
I'm not a guru in finances or economics but Dotcom and videogames bubbles grew up in a very similar way: amazing concept, cashcow implementation that went too far for too long.

Believe me in this time and age people would kill for a 50 bucks discount on pc parts

None of these things are memes.

RGB LED lighting on computer parts is fucking awesome, I hope it NEVER goes away.

Imagine a cyberpunk future w/out aesthetics like this..... BOOORRING!

Attached: 1517146871534.jpg (1920x936, 591K)

This.If it takes a bunch of gaymer shit to keep the hobbyist computer market alive, so be it. I'm thankful it wasn't destroyed by laptops and mobile devices.

Internet of things.

We need an internet of women

The Internet Is Sexist!

>graziadaily.co.uk/life/opinion/internet-intrinsically-sexist/

You laugh, but you don't know.

You're not forced to buy RGB shit.
In fact, thanks to the RGB craze that made them better profits, the quality on low end stuff is now much higher.

Good motherboards are cheaper.
Good PSU's are cheaper.
Good cases are cheaper.

Didn't you notice?

Precisely. From a business standpoint, hobbyists like us are the worst type of customers. We always want more, cheaper, faster, and our brand loyalty is almost inexistent because even the tiniest PR mistake will make us go all haywire with "REEEE CORPORATE GREED" and influence our purchase decisions.

Integration, as in making prebuilds, is also not a very nice place to work in because it's an all-out war on the fucking penny.

PC plebs, richfags and miners are a much, much better type of customer on which you can make better profits.
These guys fuel the market for us enthusiasts, and in return we get higher quality products.

you don't seem to understand what cyberpunk is

t. no-coiner

RGB and gamer-oriented marketing are pretty much the only things keeping the DIY market alive. Gamers and miners are the only people still buying custom desktops, OEM PCs and laptops are good enough for everyone else.

I'm not a fan of the RGB craze, but I'm planning on getting a Corsair 500D to replace my 450D. I'm very tempted to get a 1000D when it launches just for lulz. Maybe put a full retard threadripper build in it with multiple vega cards and a custom loop.

>Meme-technology you wish would just fuck off already
poor thermal solution under IHS

Linux

Ad-supported content

fpbp

i have these, and desu other than to look good they offer fuck all else...but hey, looks so.

>Windows cases
also have one of these (For my afformentioned LEDs to peeps through), again..not a neccessity but looks good

>Curved phones/edge tech
just the designers doing their thing and people liking it..again looks

>screen-touch shit
back in the days of blackberry and before that i couldnt imagine touch screen taking off, now i cant imagine life without it for handhelds desu..are you scared of change OP?

>look at me, im a minimalist söyböy

Actually I would have loved if my case had a window. Makes it much easier to check if I need to get the dust out, or if a fan died or something. This is practical. But yeah, lights can fuck off.

windowed cases are fine but fuck everything else, especially RGB lights.

To the average person it's just, buy an iPhone/Samsung, have it for 3-4 years and then get a different phone with a new contract. It's not a bubble, it's just smaller brands will go out of business because the can't provide anything to topple the established main brands.

tesla in general

Attached: Tesla-Model-3-side-front-view-parked.jpg (1360x903, 136K)

how do i find non-rbg builds? since nobody seems to want this im having a hard time finding components or pre-built lists of components listed as NON-rbg

its stimky

Attached: 1525625877630.jpg (247x236, 27K)

Attached: meme.jpg (1000x770, 102K)

no u

AMD

>going out of your way to buy parts WITHOUT a specific feature that you can literally just turn off 99% of the time
>not just buying the cheapest parts that fit your needs
>being this much of a contrarian retard

Attached: muhdick.gif (498x278, 2.13M)

>not going out of your way to buy parts WITHOUT a specific feature you will never use
>paying extra for features you never intend to use just because lazy
>being this much of a consumerist retard

- Diminishing returns on yearly / 2-year upgrade cycles

- No real new Cellular infrastructure on the horizon

- hardware has already gobbled up most of the low hanging optimizations over the last 10 years

- awareness of forced throttling due to batteries

I hope that they'll be working on aluminum-ion soon.
I read something a while ago about a student project and how they made a prototype of an aluminum battery
Just imagine
>theoretical 3x capacity of comparable sized lithium batteries
>flexible
>non volatile
>lighter
when it is perfected, we will have achieved the future.
I just hope it doesn't go the way of cold temperature fusion

Once some research lab discovers a way to make this practical, they're going to experience cases of sudden suicide and food poisoning/robbery gone wrong, just like that guy who perfected hydrogen cells in his garage

Cyberpunk is essentially “High-tech, low-life” and whether you like it or not, neon/LEDs/bright lights (particularly in drab dark settings) has always been a mainstay of the cyberpunk aesthetic. If you don’t like LED that’s perfectly fine and understandable, just buy a windowless Fractal Design case and some LED-less accessories (there are tons). It’s literally a non-issue.

Lights like these in/on tech components are exactly part of the cyberpunk aesthetic.

I don't think you understand what cyberpunk is (when it comes to aesthetics, at least)

Windows in cases are useful. I don't have internal lights, but i can shine a torch in to inspect my PC without taking the cover off.

Your post tells me that you do not understand what a bubble is.

The point the other dude was making was that cyberpunk, like most subcultures, is foremost about a culture & paradigm, and as it loses its meaning people fixate on secondary features like aesthetics.

We already do - it's called Tumblr.

Fuck off autist

>not being able to read
>not understanding the meaning of buying the cheapest parts that fit your needs regardless of whether they have retarded gamer bait strapped onto them
>implying I would ever pay more than I have to for something because muh rgb
Pic related, it's where you belong

Attached: 1505733146050.jpg (576x768, 98K)

Window cases are useful, for example you need to upgrade the bios and don't remember mobo's name: you just look inside and its written on it

This

/g

>that money will return to you as value
lol no

The only thing that is going to happen is manufacturers continuing to prioritize all the stupid blinking leds and other retarded stuff instead of functional features. For example, it's already impossible to find a motherboard for consumer CPUs (eg new ryzens) without useless leds and form-over-function "heatsinks".

show me a case that has has both windowed and non-windowed version and whose windowed version has better sound dampening
and durability than the one without the window

Stop being a nerd. Start wanting LEDs and fancy heat sinks. Act normal >:(

Bluetooth audio with latency can fuck off

>GNOME
>GTK+
>wxGTK
>Java
>Rust
>systemd
>apt
>pulseaudio
>qtwebkit
>python2
>Apache
>MySQL

Never told anyone to do anything

Yeah

people who post on Jow Forums

/s

>not being able to comprehend
>tells everyone to just buy the rgb becuase its cheaper
You do understand that rgb adds to the cost though, right? They don't put that shit on there for fun, its there to drive up costs. Even if you never plan to use the feature, you still are paying extra for it if you buy parts that include it vs a part that doesn't. Please tell me you can grasp this concept

DELET

Higher manufacturing costs, but sometimes the cheapest thing you can buy as a client has some RGB shit on it.
Anyway in such case why would you go out of your way to buy a more expensive item without RGB?

>software as a service

Attached: gmshill.jpg (808x805, 124K)

/thread

See: As to why you're a faggot.

this

he's right. if you care that much then just buy OEM to soothe your autism

You can't just escape from truth

Attached: download.jpg (474x697, 34K)

Eh back in the early 2000s everyone was thinking about how to make computers more portable and usable.

What we didn't realize is that once they BECAME portable and usable, all the normies would start on them. Back then knowing computers was still kind of a "thing".