Hacked

First time ever one of my accounts got hacked guys, and it was Steam.
Thanks to not having some sort of real direct support site, it will be a pain to retrieve the account which is worth a
few hundreds bucks.

Has that ever happened to you?
I have checked for malware with several scanners, but nothing was found. How did the hacker managed getting my information?

Attached: steam_hacked.jpg (600x347, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

haveibeenpwned.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe don't input your credentials on freest3amgames.eu

Bloody retard

Did you not enable two-factor authentication?

would look at 2 most obvious "hackers"
friends or family

I got my account stolen few years ago before they had 2FA because I was retarded and got it back in one day without much trouble.
How the hell did you managed to get your account stolen with modern steam security?

this

Nope, didn't have that enabled unfortunately.

Is it possible to get your steam login information through a game?
While that happened I was playing a MMO, didn't do anything but idle around. And then I got disconnected and couldn't log in once again as obviously my linked email and password was changed.

Easy to exclude because my family doesn't use steam and I do not have any friends.

What was your password?

retard confirmed

Describe how strong your password was.

What has happened, happened, but I am really eager to know how that guy got my information and what made me vulnerable.

Yeah whatever

install gentoo and never worry about this again

If you used credit cards, just show Valve support some proof with credit card shit. If you used Steam Wallet codes or Paypal shit show documents etc. showing that you used those methods e.g. a used Steam Wallet code

Also don't be a stupid nigger and use 2 factor authentication

please reply to
also did you use said pass anywhere else? that's the first thing I'd check. who knows what those bastards could be doing to your neopets account right now

you're probably one of those special people using the same pass for everything, and that password ended up on a list of leaked passwords from the big data breaches that happened recently.

Yes, I used the pass elsewhere too. My humblebundle account almost got compromised as well.
They tried something there as well, but luckily I could just change the pass in time.
I have changed every pass on every account I use now, and each one is unique.

I was quite lazy and never thought that one day it could happen, so I reused the pass and it was intermediate, not that strong because it lacked special characters.

what was its length? special characters and number and hieroglyphics and whatnot are memes in terms of complexity compared to length

>and that password ended up on a list of leaked passwords from the big data breaches that happened recently.

What why now suddenly?
I have never gotten a note or anything that I was part of the data that got stolen.
Do hackers really go through all the passwords and use it on various sites to see whether there is an account linked to it?

9 characters

>9 character password
>for accounts worth hundreds of dollars
you deserved it

Yes, why would they sendo you a note?

because they sell the data
why would you?
yes

at least have a different one for the email account

It happened to me awhile back. Had no clue how it happened. I managed to get the account back by giving support proof it was mine by sending the cd-key for a game.

haveibeenpwned.com/

also if you want to stay ahead of the security game, get a password manager and generate unique long(15 chars+) passwords for each service.

hey at least it wasn't your personal email where someone was syncing my emails to some server across the world

There is likely nothing on your machine that harvested your credentials.
Chances are you gave them out to another company.
See haveibeenpwned.com for more info.

i left mine logged in at a friends house, a few days later it was the property of some nigerians.
this was back when you could buy games as physical discs, so steam support asked me for a scan of a games activation card, with the current ticket number written on it.
the process took two days to complete.

why didn't you add a cellphone number to steam? if anyone tries logging in from an unusual address it sends you a text to verify.