Windows 10 is soon 4 years old, is there going to be Windows 11 next year?

Windows 10 is soon 4 years old, is there going to be Windows 11 next year?

Attached: windows.png (1920x1065, 290K)

as you clearly cannot read and a google search is too hard for you I don't believe you deserve the answer

Isn't win 10 supposed to be the final version? Then just update that.

Windows is not technology

Is W10 as bad as people make it out to be?

It's just going to be "Windows" after this, isn't it?

Not if you actually know how to use a fucking computer, no. It's not.
>buhhh u gotta change this and that to make it good durhur
>spends a week ricing desktop

Didn't Microsoft specifically say they're going to take ios/android approach and update windows 10 incrementally instead of big upgrades as before?

Windows 365 will probably come out some time between 2020 and 2025, based on the direction Microsoft has been going in recently as well as the support period of Windows 10.

Also, Office will probably become subscription-only during that time, based on the support period of Office 2019 (which is shortened to end at the same time as that of Windows 10).

Even if you know how to use a computer it's still going to have a shitty UI, Settings+Control Panel and it will break some shit every 6 months with a major update.

I don't think it's as great as it could be. A lot of the functionality is buggier and less reliable than in Windows 7, forcing people to use the Windows 7 interfaces.

>and it will break some shit every 6 months with a major update.
Literally never experienced a Windows regression. You may be downloading some suggestive files if you're having shit break every six months.

I like the UI, personally.
The settings and control panels are pretty comprehensive if you ask me, and anything you can't figure out can be solved with a quick search for the most part.
I had to go and redo a few minor settings with the latest update and reinstall gpedit since I'm on Home, it really wasn't that big a deal. Just don't be a lazy fuck and stay on top of things.

The UI is fine.

If you're going to shit on Windows, the most prevalent things Microsoft does wrong are the terrible default apps and the forced updates; you could make the case that the forced updates are beneficial from a security standpoint.

>Windows 11
Mfw it could be even worse than 10

Attached: 1511977666380.png (808x805, 817K)

>to make a local account you have to input real name, address, date of birth, credit card information, submit photo ID and consent to having a tracking chip stuck up your ass

Attached: 1522434368283.png (913x766, 779K)

I'm still sitting on 7, I'll most likely never upgrade.

>The UI is fine
no

>I like the UI
you are retarded

Attached: 1521653650451.png (500x380, 743K)

A-at least we have directx 13

Attached: 1516112423777.png (1291x674, 590K)

>W-WINDOWS IS FLAWLESS THE P-PROBLEM IS Y-YOU

t. windows cucks

I could write an entire essay on how Windows 10 is objectively shit in many ways, but then I realize that it's a waste of time. I'm not paid for this and the best case is some retarded W10 users eventually admit that I'm right, but then they'll say "oh well it doesn't affect me that much anyway". And then the thread dies and the same shit repeats every day with a new batch of shills/fanboys.

I guess Microsoft is right, though. Most computer users are utter retards that deserve nothing but contempt and having garbage shoved down their throats in the most cynical way possible.

But the sad part of all this is that we will probably never EVER have a good desktop OS and we can thank all the retards who "vote with their wallets" (even some people on Jow Forums unironically pay for Windows) and then become fanboys who act like Windows saved them from a burning house and can't call a turd a turd.

Huh, you just described Linux. But we're in a Windows thread.

If you specify windows 10 is shit, instead of all windows, then you're retarded. Trying out windows 7, it feels ancient.

>Windows 365
Jesus, man, you've been doing the "Windows is gonna turn into a subscription based software-as-a-service any day now" meme since W10 was in beta(!)

Just accept it's not going to happen.

It's sleek and simple, what's wrong with it, it doesn't have clunky 3D buttons from the 90's?

>Most computer users are utter retards

Attached: 1520369703107.gif (390x205, 1.98M)

Oh sure, the control panel is great, except for the part where IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK. I'm constantly tripping over bugs, like how if a VPN fails to connect you can't reconnect without closing & reopening the settings menu.

The new control panel is broken garbage, and the rest of the new UI is laggy bloatware written in managed code that tries to advertise to me at every available opportunity. I long for the days where I could hit the Windows key and start typing and the Start menu wouldn't lose my fucking keystrokes. (For that matter I miss the days when the search index wasn't horribly broken.) I've got a god damn i7 with 64GB of RAM, and a best in class NVMe drive. There is absolutely no excuse for the Start menu to take more than a frame to show up, lose keystrokes, or return incorrect results. -- Except for the part where some genius thought it'd be a great idea for my Start menu to go out on the WAN.

Microsoft has clearly lost whatever old blood they had that actually knew how to write systems software.

If anything people are understating how fucking bad is it

All the hints point to that direction.

this
>Trying out windows 7, it feels ancient
12 years old tablet kid detected

No
Just the forced updates are annoying but I can't blame them because the big majority are too dumb to be in power to control them and then act surprised when a Ransomware uses a hole that was already patched half a year ago

>no multi desktop
>windows+tab is shit
>no forced security updates

The best example was WannaCry where was already a patch out long before the outbreak
It didn't just affect millions of people, but also millions of businesses, big businesses and institution that not only didn't know about the absolute basics of security, but also that they simply don't care.

I'll use Windows 10 if the retards at Microsoft will finally make SKU for powerusers with Win32 GUI shell assets from Windows 7 and UWP/Modern crap completely removed, if not then i will stick to Windows 7 forever.

Attached: win32_forever.png (602x473, 121K)

Welp, I've never had any problems with the damn thing, so I really have no reference point from which to understand what everyone's always bitching about...

The forced updates are bullshit though. I only use my Win 10 laptop for work and that means that I NEED it to work. Some of these forced updates are breaking shit for people and there's no way they can even roll the updates back to a previous working version. It hasn't happened to me yet but I'm seriously concerned about what could happen if a forced update fucks my laptop up when I'm working out in the field on a deployment.

They're only 'forced' if you're not keeping up with them. How fucking hard is it to just manually check it at night before you go to bed?

Attached: 1508168268734.png (312x268, 72K)

You're right, I had no problems so far too but it can happen anytime.
You just can't make updates good for everybody, if they have the choice everyone will turn it off, get malware and then MS gets a public outrage. Or you force everyone to update, brick a few devices and then MS gets a public outrage

Attached: 1504997279590.jpg (903x525, 258K)

What are you talking about? If I install an update that breaks my computer overnight and renders it inoperable then I'm going to be unable to do my job the next morning so I'll lose all or part of a work day trying to fix it.

>tfw all features of windows 8 and above are useless if you're desktop pc poweruser and you want to use win32 api programs only

Tell me, what does Win8 and Win10 have that Win7 doesn't? Store, UWP and gay smartphonish design for SJW hipster faggots.
Windows 7 was OS made for desktop PC powerusers, not mobile plebs.

Did you even read my post, what do you mean what am I talking about? How hard is it to just keep your shit updated? How often is there a significant update? Once a month? Big one every six months? Every other time it's nothing but driver or antivirus definitions, just keep your shit updated and it won't force them on you while you're in the middle of something. It's really not that big a deal or that hard, people are just fucking lazy.

Windows 8 added a new synchronization primitive to Win32 known as WaitOnAddress and WakeByAddress{Single,All}. It is roughly equivalent to the futex syscall in Linux.

Update 1803 that was released a few weeks ago broke shit for tons of people. I can't have that happen on a work laptop with no option to roll it back to a previous working version. Why don't you understand this? Whether the update breaks it in the day or at night makes no difference.

>I can't have that happen on a work laptop with no option to roll it back to a previous working version.
But there is.

Define "break". I had to readjust a few little settings, no big deal, how many people actually catastrophically brick their systems? Do you not have a recovery CD/USB?

This right here is the problem.

Microsoft assumes that "when I go to bed" that means my computer is also done doing useful work; for the day that's just fucking wrong. It's a server, it runs 24/7, there is never a "good time" to update it. (Reminder that they force updates on the Server/Enterprise SKUs as well, but at least those ship with a GPO to disable them.) I have Linux boxes with server uptimes measured in years, and package managers in *nix land don't make you reboot for every little insignificant update.

No one would be complaining if Microsoft had a decent package manager/updater, but they don't. You have to restart whether they're "just updating antivirus definitions", pushing more spyware onto your computers, or giving you critical security patches. Plus their updater is so broken you can't even update a clean install of a Windows 7 box without WSUS anymore (see KB 3102810.)

Do you know how they implement that rollback? Go check your boot drive for a Windows.old directory. They're doing an upgrade installation of the entire OS. That is never how Microsoft delivered a service pack in any prior release of Windows.

Since when has it *ever* been OK for an automated update to *re-install the operating system* without explicit acknowledgement from the Administrator?

After the KPTI patches for spectre/meltdown people were left with *un-bootable* machines; and that's just a fucking security patch. I've got many artist friends who bitched about Windows Ink being changed in the anniversary update, completing breaking the pressure sensitivity of their Wacom tablets and completely destroying their workflows.

This shit is unacceptable for a "professional" product that people pay money for and depend on for their livelihoods.

>Windows
>server
Well there's yer problem.

>using Windows for anything but muh gayms and web browsing
Well there's yer problem.