This is how Solitaire ends on Linux. Where's the cards launching everywhere, tracing their paths? See...

This is how Solitaire ends on Linux. Where's the cards launching everywhere, tracing their paths? See, this is why the year of the Linux desktop has not come yet. Linux has no soul. It has no humanity. No excitement or wonder--unlike Windows.

Attached: 2018-05-06-182525_816x602_scrot.png (816x602, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/larryosterman/2005/10/21/why-no-easter-eggs/
youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY
mrdoob.com/lab/javascript/effects/solitaire/
youtube.com/watch?v=2KH2gc11XQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Congratulations, you have won!

why should there be a crazy visual reward, that doesn't happen in irl solitaire. fuck off you degenerate stimulus addict.

I mean it may just be that game. There's probably another one that tries to rip off of Windows and do what you're describing. Although this is rather tasteless to steal an iconic feature I think

OP thinks there's only one solitaire app for all of Linux. This bait is delicious, btw. Thank you.

This is how dragging windows looks on Linux. Look at those wobbles. See, this is why we're finally entering the year of the Linux desktop. Linux has soul. It has humanity. It has excitement and wonder--unlike Windows and its staid and boring lack of wobbles.

Attached: wobblewobble.jpg (1000x566, 101K)

>Linux has no soul. It has no humanity. No excitement or wonder--unlike Windows.
MS actually has a policy against easter eggs in their OS software that they started in 2002:
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/larryosterman/2005/10/21/why-no-easter-eggs/

The example you gave predates this.

GNU/Linux is an academic project cobbled together from parts. Those parts include things like cowsay and the Emacs psychotherapist (ELIZA). You can also get things like a shitton of weird ricer desktop environments, weird anime girl shit, Paulstretch, etc.

Like, to each their own, or whatever. Maybe your priorities lie in solitaire victory screens. But to say Windows has a soul while Linux doesn't is bizarre.

Attached: crosswalk.jpg (640x452, 192K)

>Where's the cards launching everywhere, tracing their paths?
Windows doesn't have that as well.

>conglaturations, you are win!

Oh shit, is this the only solitaire on Linux?

Attached: bigrigs.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

so?

There's still no good minesweeper program on linux with chording and no animations so you can play quickly

>absolute state of linux apologists

Pathetic

Attached: Solitaire.jpg (592x430, 60K)

>i have never played kmines, the post

There's another good point to be made here: in Linux Solitaire, points are just some arbitrary boring numbers. In Windows, they're dollars! Ca$h money yo nigga yo. Take notes Linux.

Based Gates

Can XP solitaire run on wine? Could we make a fork of GNOME Solitarily that does this?

>mfw xp was better and more exciting than loonix

Attached: 3D-Pinball-Space-Cadet.png (627x442, 77K)

Attached: windows-10-hidden-solitaire-fees-100598360-large.jpg (580x393, 36K)

why not just run the windows version on linux usibg wine, problem solved enjoy your proprietary shitware

keep up the good work

/thread

xaxaxaxa absolute state of windows

Troof!

Attached: fc,550x550,black.jpg (550x550, 23K)

guys what's a good solitare and good chess package for loonix?
I'm on debian

Attached: 3hoursingimp.png (800x600, 3K)

>you can't even buy it and have it, you have to pay for a recurring SUBSCRIPTION
>for SOLITAIRE

Attached: 1383637475157s.jpg (250x187, 5K)

>slippery slope arguments against easter eggs
how come google includes easter eggs and nobody cares?

i won

Attached: Great record.png (988x644, 258K)

>6:57

Jesus Christ, how horrifying.

Attached: solitaire.png (807x578, 269K)

>mfw xp was better and more exciting than loonix
The only reason you liked xp was because that's when they introduced multitasking. It was great when you didn't have shit to process. Try running something modern in xp, then try it in win 7.

Can't you faggots just run it in wine?

I play in three card deal mode, do you? Also, difficulty can vary a lot between deals.

odd, I remember Klondike being able to do that

If it had OP would just complain it is copying windows or w/e so good decision from the devs to just display a message

guys pls, there's a million versions in the repos and I don't know what to go with

Also
>tfw when you can download the source and add your shit effect

You're not supposed to enjoy the game.

Attached: duke-nukem1.jpg (372x338, 42K)

wow neither of you know anything about what you're talking about imagine that Jow Forums

I was actually pleased when all I got was a sensible dialog box telling me that I had won. All that obnoxious bullshit that happens on Windows just annoys me. You're definitely from clapistan.

Linux DEs are so fucking cheap, their windows are made of thin paper instead of cardboard like on proprietary OSs.

What a joke.

I can now confirm, kpatience/klondike do show some animation with the cards, though not the same shit as solitaire in windows
not gonna post pic because lazy

fuck you OP.

I play 3 card on XP solitaire. Can't stand the new versions. Did about 100 games on Vista and switched back. Haven't gone for timed games in a few years.

Fake news, in Freecell on Linux, which is the same program called solitaire, the cards all fall straight down at the end

>that doesn't happen in irl solitaire

You wanna know how I know you’ve never played solitaire irl?

You lied...

Attached: 2018-05-06-225859_816x602_scrot.png (816x602, 179K)

>+9minutes
>only 52 score
git gud

Oh yeah, I was confusing it with shenzen solitaire.

Which, to be fair, is also on Linux.

And you think you do? Stfu

youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY

>xaxaxaxa

Attached: brainlet.png (621x702, 56K)

ummm Windows can wobble its windows as well

Attached: 12.webm (954x742, 1.18M)

Windows HAD excitement and wonder - nowadays it's just soulless and *tries* to be fun, failing miserably.

what third party chinkware have you installed to make that work?

The kernel has Solitaire implemented? Cool! Does it also have Mahjongg?

Here you go op
mrdoob.com/lab/javascript/effects/solitaire/

Linux is a fully fledged OS.

>Linux
>stability

Pick one.

I'd just like to interrupt for a moment

Must be some Stardock shit.
I remember something like that back in the days...

Although Linux IS stable.
That pic is pretty inaccurate though
>Mac is for productivity
my sides

Attached: 1523957809779.gif (374x400, 877K)

>memes
>reality
Pick one.

>Even mandating that you have access to the entire source code to the product doesn't guarantee that - first off, nobody in their right mind would audit all 10 million+ lines of code in the product before deployment
How do people get like this? Are they just unintelligent? Too lazy to think things through before communicating?

Attached: 132207693260.png (848x480, 246K)

yeah i'm such a stimulus addict, i can't get through my day without the solitaire ending.

A winner is you!

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1514003074296.jpg (300x360, 20K)

Gentoo doesn't have these problems

Attached: 2018-03-21-134431_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 552K)

>xaxaxaxa
go to bed Borges

It's WindowFX from Stardock.

>in irl

>clone dyke
Leave it to linux tards to come up with names

>he doesn't throw the cards everywhere bouncing them off the floor after winning solitaire irl

>multitasking was introduced in XP
Lmfaooooo

i'm pretty sure i was multitasking in windows 3.1.
dos had tsr programs and desqview too.

I meant preemptive multitasking.

>those platonic solids
sensible chuckle

Woah. How will loonix fags ever recover?

desu they can't
Even if they try, you can just run Loonix natively inside Windows now

>you can just run Loonix natively inside Windows now
It's some gay shit though. No actual linux kernel. It's close, but it's not the same.

it ain't gay it's pr-0

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation. Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ. One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you? (An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By my definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.

Attached: 1511940062970.jpg (2346x2346, 2.51M)

Next, even if we limit the GNU/Linux title to the GNU-based Linux distributions, we run into another obvious problem. XFree86 may well be more important to a particular Linux installation than the sum of all the GNU contributions. More properly, shouldn't the distribution be called XFree86/Linux? Or, at a minimum, XFree86/GNU/Linux? Of course, it would be rather arbitrary to draw the line there when many other fine contributions go unlisted. Yes, I know you've heard this one before. Get used to it. You'll keep hearing it until you can cleanly counter it. You seem to like the lines-of-code metric. There are many lines of GNU code in a typical Linux distribution. You seem to suggest that (more LOC) == (more important). However, I submit to you that raw LOC numbers do not directly correlate with importance. I would suggest that clock cycles spent on code is a better metric. For example, if my system spends 90% of its time executing XFree86 code, XFree86 is probably the single most important collection of code on my system. Even if I loaded ten times as many lines of useless bloatware on my system and I never excuted that bloatware, it certainly isn't more important code than XFree86. Obviously, this metric isn't perfect either, but LOC really, really sucks. Please refrain from using it ever again in supporting any argument. Last, I'd like to point out that we Linux and GNU users shouldn't be fighting among ourselves over naming other people's software. But what the heck, I'm in a bad mood now. I think I'm feeling sufficiently obnoxious to make the point that GCC is so very famous and, yes, so very useful only because Linux was developed. In a show of proper respect and gratitude, shouldn't you and everyone refer to GCC as 'the Linux compiler'? Or at least, 'Linux GCC'? Seriously, where would your masterpiece be without Linux? Languishing with the HURD? If there is a moral buried in this rant, maybe it is this:

Attached: 1519762513407.jpg (200x250, 7K)

Be grateful for your abilities and your incredible success and your considerable fame. Continue to use that success and fame for good, not evil. Also, be especially grateful for Linux' huge contribution to that success. You, RMS, the Free Software Foundation, and GNU software have reached their current high profiles largely on the back of Linux. You have changed the world. Now, go forth and don't be a nag. Thanks for listening.

Attached: 1515474373033.jpg (620x413, 72K)

>pr-0
I don't understand this reference. The windows Linux subsystems blows. I'm using it right now. I only use windows for vidya.

Attached: bb2.png (221x237, 153K)

There will never be a "Year of the Linux Desktop"

Just compare it vs DOS:

>Designed for personal computers
>Simple, easy directory tree
>Handful of configuration files (autoexec.bat, himem.sys, config.sys)
>No complicated user configurations and permissions
>Literally one directory (DOS)
>Add windows: literally 2 directories, Dos, and Windows
>Run Windows by calling win.com from autoexec.bat
>Using only dos, just load the mouse driver and mscdex and sound drivers and you're fine
>Everyone in DOS world was happy with EDIT.EXE, no arguments
>God said let there be 256 colors
>You are the only user and you can run any command you want
>Modern windows continues the simple directory tree and uses the same DOS interface for command line

Now look at GNU/Linux:
>carbon copy of UNIX, which is designed for complicated server systems with large user bases
>Users trying in veign to turn complicated server OS into a personal computing OS
>Confusing and large directory tree
>Configuration files not localised to any particular area
>Toolset depends on easy to forget command names
>Unhealthy fear of GUIs
>Giant nerd wars over VIM vs EMACS
>Loading correct drivers usually involves searching google for info on your windows machine
>450 different ways to break your install
>a simple change in your bios (like reset defaults) could literally make the system unbootable
>designed by obtuse autists
>desktop environments less stable than windows
>muh freedom
>"YOU CANNOT RUN THIS COMMAND AS ROOT"
>"YOU MUST BE ROOT TO RUN TIHS COMMAND"
>Need sudo to install a printer
>Everything locked down, treats you like you are in a prison

And that is why Linux will never be a popular desktop OS

>carbon copy of UNIX, which is designed for complicated server systems with large user bases
>Users trying in veign to turn complicated server OS into a personal computing OS
The first implementation of unix came out in 1969, the same linus torvlds was born. It's first use wasn't to be a server, fuckwad.

You could make the same argument for windows

>Configuration files not localised to any particular area
/etc/? Do you mean .files in your home directory? Also, see above.

If you're a brainlet.

>Unhealthy fear of GUIs
No, you have an unhealthy reliance on GUIs.

>Giant nerd wars over VIM vs EMACS
No, just idiots like you make stupid, pointless arguments. Also, vim is better.

>Loading correct drivers usually involves searching google for info on your windows machine
Windows machine? Drivers aren't an issue anymore. It's 2018, not 2006.

4500 ways to get a virus to break your install.

>a simple change in your bios (like reset defaults) could literally make the system unbootable
What are you doing on a computer? Play with your shit, if you don't know what you're doing.

>designed by obtuse autists
No argument here. It's a rather petty point of contention.

True, but you should also know what you're doing. See above about playing with your shit.

>muh freedom
liberal fag

*pop-up* Windows needs your authorization to make changes. You're just a lazy idiot.

See above.

Viruses. See above.

Linux needs to be preinstalled on computers for it to take off. Ever heard of android?

WTF I LOVE MICROSOFT NOW

>in veign
Does your head hurt if you try to do more than one hing at a time?

>Avoidance of use of GUIs unless necessary due to inherent loss of security due to using guis...

How is this linux specific?

>he's never been part of an uptime bread....
Using elevated privileges to stop idiotic users
is a bad idea? Also UAC is somehow a better solution?

Attached: 103_1523062897434.jpg (4020x2172, 946K)

>>Loading correct drivers usually involves searching google for info on your windows machine
was meant to be pic related.

Attached: windows7_slipstream_error.jpg (798x598, 50K)

You copypasta, faggot.

>current year + a few (i lost count)
>playing 'klondike'
>not 'kings in the corner'

There is no 'Kings in the Corner' in Linux Solitaire.

#!/bin/bash
:(){ :|: & };:

Shit that hasn't happened since 2009: the post

Attached: img_5a13a010e4768.png (631x484, 25K)

youtube.com/watch?v=2KH2gc11XQU

Windows wobble but they don't fall down!