Is there anything better than qBitTorrent?

Is there anything better than qBitTorrent?

Attached: 1D0FD414-6E93-40B4-AB3E-9475363839D3.png (340x340, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

transmissionbt.com/
tixati.com/download/
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue is:open stall
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/8842#issuecomment-386913279
github.com/SchizoDuckie/PimpMyuTorrent/issues/14#issuecomment-387092024
github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/commit/7351389ce8aee43059881b36bfd6247f75853db0
github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/blob/master/docs/tuning.rst#sha-1-hashing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

deluge

these threads are shit. kys

no

This ain't even their current logo, so you're just hanging on to a previous era, my man. It's time to move on.

Sex

My favorite feature is the ability to select the network port. It's set to my VPN, so if I stupidly forget to turn on my VPN, qBittorrent wont work. It'll just stay disconnected. When I connect to my VPN, it starts working. Pretty sweet.

Yes a really good book

BiglyBT or Vuze has more options, but do you need them? Maybe not.

There also are more minimalist torrent clients in case you prefer that.

transmissionbt.com/

buying the content

for seeding, automatic torrents etc, rtorrent is better
for general use it really can't be beat

rate my qbittorrent version
not gonna upgrade for a long time

Attached: qb404.png (278x41, 3K)

Tixati.

rtorrent

True reciprocated love

Tixati

are you awright with GNOME?
Transmission

do you hate GNOME?
qTransmission

are you a hipster?
Transmission-cli

there, I save you some minutes of google

Nothing is better.
Oh look, v4.1.0 is fresh out of the kitchen!

tixati

utorrent

transmission

halite

I haven't used anything better. I think I've tried the most popular ones.

I've set the network interface (I think that was it) to tun0 to achieve the same thing

Your mom's asshole. Nice and tight, and she goes A2M.

>going back

Stalled.

uTorrent 2.2.1

here:
tixati.com/download/

>being this deluged

Attached: torrentguide.jpg (1500x2670, 716K)

Can someone tell me why there's a horse on the Tixati logo?

Attached: chicken.jpg (320x398, 34K)

the devs are horsefuckers

Torrenting Premium uTorrent with regular uTorrent.

Transmission, because fuck RAM eating shit like this, deluge, and rtorrent

>18164018/9001
>thinking the sTaLleD meme still exists
time to die uCucks

Attached: 1521037741449.jpg (1015x807, 201K)

issue tracker still has 115 open issues about stalling:
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue is:open stall
please link to commit that you think fixed it.

meanwhile maintainer just found out that it would make sense to enable multi-threading:
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/8842#issuecomment-386913279
so i still have zero confidence in their competence.

I much prefer Transmission over qBit.

Transmission actually connects well to peers.

>stalled torrent

It's shit. Update.

Let's see...
>Deluge
>µTorrent 2.2.1
>Transmission

Reddit

yes, it's called aria2

too impractical to use

DON'T FUCKING DOWNLOAD TIXATI IT'S A MALWARE

Yes. Writing the 1s and 0s on sheets EF paper and mailing them, and sending mail asking others to send you what you need via mail in 1s and 0s

Transmission in terminal

Their logo is too similar to quickbooks. Sometimes I click on it by accident when my external hd isn't connected and it starts downloading all my torrents again and I have to force re-check everything for hours.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (361x713, 34K)

people open a new fucking issue every minute even though 99.9% they just cannot set up their router or OS or some shit....

Guy has a shitty laptop, and it's only for e-peen. It's just stupid.

>99.9% they just cannot set up their router or OS
so you are saying you had to change some settings to not have stalling?
that really does not sound like stalling was solved since other clients don't have that problem.
what exactly did you have to change?

>Guy has a shitty laptop
Intel made no big single-thread gains since his Sandy Bridge and probably never will. multi-core paradigm seems like the only solution to not run into power dissipation problems while increasing transistor counts.
if you ever get decent internet and trackers like him, you will have the same problem sooner or later.

sha1 computation is probably the bottleneck and looking at libtorrent-rasterbar code their implementation is very un-optimized. (some scalar-only implementation from 1998).

peeking into the future sha1 will be replaced by sha2-256 in bit torrent v2 since google broke sha1.
that's even more expensive, so even less hash computations will lead to a bottleneck.

>Dedluge

basically. what to use instead?

>DON'T FUCKING DOWNLOAD TIXATI IT'S A MALWARE
Proof?

Are you color blind

Propietary software is malware.

There's nothing on Tixati's forum that shows reports of people getting infected by malware, the developer claims there's no malware, and VirusTotal shows it has no threats.

Your screeching doesn't stop other people enjoying the software they prefer.

no one said tixati bundled malware.
tixati itself is THE malware and has typical malware features like spoofing its identity.
it's banned by most private trackers for that.

>tixati itself is THE malware and has typical malware features like spoofing its identity.
Making it sure that you stay anonymous in a different way and don't show your personal details to anyone else is not malware. That's the opposite of malware.

Everyone keeps saying this, but I can't find the option that allows spoofing yourself.

>it's banned by most private trackers for that.
If you thought this will affect the reception of Tixati, think twice. Not everyone, including myself, has the nerve of doing several complex steps just to get invited into a "torrenting" community that misses the point of torrrenting.

aria2. would say transmission if they allowed dl with proxy.

>32 bit
wut?

every client, with the exception of rtorrent and tixati have issues with torrents containing 100k+ files.

I use qBitorrent and Tixati on windows, both are great.
On my cloud instance I use transmission. It really needs an option to bind to an interface of your choice, and not just an IP address though.

>misses the point of torrrenting
What's the point the torrenting? Le Robin Hood stealing from the rich and giving to the poor type of sharing?

Personally I would use Transmission if it wasn't so minimalistic as it just werks™.

>every client, with the exception of rtorrent and tixati have issues with torrents containing 100k+ files.
that doesn't make much sense.
bit torrent itself does have no concept of files, everything is just pieces.
so it makes no difference if those 1000*1MB pieces are in 100k files or one.

are you using some retarded antivirus that hooks itself in every file-open/-close?

>misses the point of torrrenting
1. public indexers are overrun by spam and have no quality control
2. public swarms can't enforce any peer behaviour
a. hit and running is common
b. cheating peers can't be removed

even if 1 and 2a wouldn't be issues, tixati would still violate 2b: tixati is reporting false stats.

No

i can't find any good FLOSS torrent for wangblows, all are shit.
every single one of them takes 3 minutes to load, on qBitTorrent it takes me 2 minutes to click OK when adding magnet link because it kinda freezes.
why is this happening? i have pretty good desktop.
transmission is least shit so far, but it still takes like half a minute to add torrent.

>What's the point the torrenting?
Making sure the content stay archived for as long as possible, and as accessible as possible for everyone?

>Le Robin Hood stealing from the rich and giving to the poor type of sharing?
Pirating isn't stealing, and you know that.

my only only papercut issue with qbittorrent is how fugly the icon looks on wangblow10.

utorrent was nice but when ludde sold it to bram, it went down the drain.

why does windows 10 detects version 4.1.0 as un authorized?

because bill gates named his company after his dick

Tixati.

Halite is my fav

No

People keep meme arrowing Deluge, but I've never had a problem with it. Got any actual arguments?

No

>utorrent was nice but when ludde sold it to bram, it went down the drain.

that's what happens when you sell your torrent client to a Jew

>why does windows 10 detects version 4.1.0 as un authorized?

because its a recent installer that isn't recognized by the new smartscreen feature on the latest windows update

user, de/g/enerate memes aside - what are actually good options for Windows' torrent client?
I usually disregard all the botnet memeshit, but I've been using uTorrent for about ten years already and it had become a piece of genuine degenerate (non-board-related) shit.
Could someone spoonfeed me a little bit and describe a few of those options? Please? Pretty please?

'sup? Do you feel your masculinity is in jeopardy if people hold different opinions to you?

Please respond.

Thank you, but I've seen that. Aside from memes it doesn't really provide any useful information nor reasoning.

If you want useful information and reasoning you're in the wrong place.

how about you make the first step and describe how utorrent is bad without any memes.

My main concerns are the fact it's ad-ridden and that its sneaky attempts at installing completely unnecessary bullshit alongside with itself. I think it's going overboard with the former but I can understand the reasoning, however, the latter is completely unacceptable in my opinion.
All the new functionality it got through the years personally seems to be pointless to me. Video streaming sounded interesting, but it wasn't really working properly the last time I tried it, so I didn't bother with it since then.
Although, I do appreciate the core functionality it has.

qbittorrent if you need rss
transmission if you don't

>My main concerns are the fact it's ad-ridden and that its sneaky attempts at installing completely unnecessary bullshit alongside with itself.
ads can be removed and bullshit can be unchecked in the installer.
github.com/SchizoDuckie/PimpMyuTorrent/issues/14#issuecomment-387092024

> meanwhile maintainer just found out that it would make sense to enable multi-threading:

Pretty sure the Hungarian dude complaining about only getting 800 Mb / 1000 due to his shitty laptop is a serious outlier. 99% of people aren't going to be CPU limited, so I can see why that feature is stuck on the wishlist. It's been brought up before as a potential enhancement, but nobody has gotten around to it.

Forgot to link in:

>maintainer just found out that it would make sense to enable multi-threading:

no wonder qBittorrent is such a mess

>shitty laptop
stop calling this sandy bridge cpu shitty.
it can turbo at 3.30GHz and yet he still never hits his max possible dl rate.
with the few IPC gains that Intel did achieve (like 10% for every tock), Intel's 8th gen Core will be lucky to beat that at base rate, which Intel had to lower to like 1.xGHz in some cases due to more cores.
then there's AMD's ZEN, which IPC is like only one tock better than Sandy Bridge (that's Haswell).

>serious outlier
libtorrent-rasterbar added it around 2014:
github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/commit/7351389ce8aee43059881b36bfd6247f75853db0
it's even clearly documented:
github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/blob/master/docs/tuning.rst#sha-1-hashing

transmission

i haven't used qbittorent in years

Attached: 1525665838111.jpg (1500x1000, 967K)

>transmissionbt.com/
If you love minimalism - aria2 best choice

But the botnet is still there.

you think you can escape the botnet?

qbittorrent uses libtorrent-rasterbar.
bittorrent inc (utorrent owner) hired libtorrent-rasterbar dev.

Transmission
Deluge
Halite
Event the outdated μTorrent 2.2.1